[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Metroid Prime is dead, and Retro isn't making another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 29333-metroid-dread.png (533 KB, 700x451) Image search: [Google]
29333-metroid-dread.png
533 KB, 700x451
Now that Metroid Prime is dead, and Retro isn't making another Prime game. anyone else excited that Metroid is back in EPD's hands and they are probably making a mainline sidescrolling Metroid that follows Fusion in story?
>>
Nintendo had two handheld generations and two console generations to win me back.

Fuck them, I'm done.
Amiibos and phone games.
>>
If Prime really were dead, Retro never came back to the series (even though such a thing was never actually ruled out by anyone), and our only option was another Sakamoto game that's beholden to the ridiculous plot he's already set up in his other games then nah, no thanks.
>>
>it's back in the hands of people half responsible for Other M
No, I'm not excited.
>>
I highly doubt Sakamoto is ever touching the series again, or else they wouldn't have had to do Federation Force to try and tide fans over.

Other M sold like shit and reviewed like shit so he's not gonna be allowed to do anything other than mobile Mii stuff.
>>
>>335953640
What was wrong with DS?
>>
>>335954021
Other M didn't even review that poorly. Of course, the fan backlash more than made up for that.
>>
Dead franchises don't receive new games
>>
>>335953758
I'll take a Sakamoto Metroid over a Tanabe one any day.
>>
>>335954021
He's in charge of the series he will touch the franchise again and his team will be bigger sue to SPD and EAD merging into one.
>>
>>335955543
If you don't believe that Federation Force floppin will not kill the Prime franchise then I don't know what is wrong with you.
>>
>>335956369
Miracles do occur. Game itself doesn't look bad enough to kill the Prime series, frankly
>>
>>335956718
With the way Tanabe keeps trying to force it down peoples throat says other wise.
>>
>>335956140
I'd sooner take a hundred Federation Forces and a couple Prime 3s than Another M.

>>335956369
It's a spinoff that isn't even being handled by the original devs. It's not going to effect anything.
>>
>>335956816
>force it down peoples throat

Christ, you Metroidfags need to take a step back and stop viewing everything through your victim lens. He's making a game. He wants people to play it. He took a couple minutes one time to explain it. If you consider that "forcing it down people's throats" then you're beyond help.
>>
>>335956850
Other M was a failure Nintendo knows this. Don't you know how companies work? Other M sold like shit, Federation Force will sell like shit. Prime has been on a decline in sales after the first Prime. Nintendo doesn't seem to have any other direction to take the franchise, chances are they will play it safe this time and 1. Develop a Metroid game themselves and 2. Make it a sidescroller to make up for the poor direction the series went into for some years. Tanabe also really doesn't have any devs that 1. have the experience to making a HD Prime and 2. Retro doesn't want to make anymore Prime games, and who could really blame them if that is all they're known for.
>>
>>335957079
And what could you say about Sakamoto and Other M? It's the same shit, Other M was garbage so it sold like garbage and Federation Force's fate will be worse. When you know something is shit, don't try to make the situation worse by force feeding it. Hell I was looking for a 2D Metroid on 3DS and hoping Prime stayed on consoles.
>>
>>335957335
>2. Retro doesn't want to make anymore Prime games, and who could really blame them if that is all they're known for.

You got a source on that, bub

>>335957572
You haven't explained how they're "forcing" on people. The extent of what they've done is about on par with most other games.

And don't think for even a moment that "apologizing and cancelling it" is even an option.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.