[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason why I should play through the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: KQSierra-610.jpg (53 KB, 610x345) Image search: [Google]
KQSierra-610.jpg
53 KB, 610x345
Give me one good reason why I should play through the entire King's Quest series.
>>
throw baby
>>
File: Larry.jpg (21 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
Larry.jpg
21 KB, 550x366
Don't. There are better Sierra adventure games.
>>
If you're going to pick a series from that era to play through thoroughly I'd recommend Ultima, although it's obviously not a point and click adventure. Wizardry's good too but hard to sit down with unless you played games at the time or are familiar with D&D, and not in a "retro game" way like the NES- you'll need to sit with graph paper, potentially create your character a dozen times after making it a few hours in and realising you're not viable, things like that. In my opinion those two series are the best of the long-running 80s/90s PC series.
>>
>>335948604
You probably have nothing better to do
>>
File: Jon Hamm Feels Shame.gif (990 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
Jon Hamm Feels Shame.gif
990 KB, 500x344
>>335949198
Oh, right.
>>
>>335948604
King Quest 1 is super easy since there are several ways to find the treasure. Just play the VGA version
Have in mind that you need a 80-90s kid patience to play the rest of the series. Sierra was pretty brutal with its adventure games.

KQ6 is a fucking masterpiece and height of the series in my opinion and needs to be played no matter what
>>
King's Quest V had a one million dollar budget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1pCxXrorKM
>>
>>335949195
This. There's a ton of series from the 80s/90s that are better worth your time. The zork collection, all of the Myst/Riven series, the Infinity Engine RPGs, pick something more worthwhile to complete start to finish.
>>
>>335949198
But your mom did.
>>
What's the new one like?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.