[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: valve_1[1].jpg (44 KB, 765x550) Image search: [Google]
valve_1[1].jpg
44 KB, 765x550
What went wrong?
>>
legitimately creeped me out
>>
>>335947161
They realized they could make a lot of money by creating games with a gambling feature and RNG. Why make vidya when you can make money off of other peoples work?
>>
>>335947161
>Why make vidya when you can make money off of other peoples work

but they've been doing that for 17 years now
>>
They made too much money and now don't have to do a thing to keep making more of it.
>>
>>335947161
They stopped making video games.
>>
>>335947943
>>335948003
These. Why make Half-Life 3 if you have a bunch of autists paying out the nose for cosmetics in one of your older games?
>>
>>335947161
They made a shitton of money
Nothing else mattered since then
>>
>>335947161
When they switched from the original pic to the Morpheus one.
>>
They are amazing, they allowed talented indie developers like myself to reach our audiences.without Steam, id be out of a job
>>
>>335947161
They aren't reliant on making new games anymore for a source of income since they make money off of steam and their ftp games with micro transactions. So they can fuck around with VR and steam machines or whatever without really hurting since they don't want to make games anymore.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.