[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: ornstein-smough-large.jpg (100 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ornstein-smough-large.jpg
100 KB, 600x338
Literally impossible
>>
>>335947158
Na thou can do them solo
Focus on ornstein first, separate them with the pillar
And git gud
>>
>>335947158
Artorius's greatshield, enjoy your win
>>
>>335947158
Just summon Soltaire. That is what I did. It's much easier than trying to solo them.
>>
>>335947158
literally the best way to defeat them is to git gud
But really before you start playing at all you need to stop being a faggot
>>
>>335947158
Nope. But they are the hardest boss in all of the souls borne games.
>>
>>335947158
>me and my friend fight just like they do down to the little cut scene when one of us die me as Fat guy, and him as slim guy
>>
They're so much fun to co op against.
>>
>>335947158
Took me just one try to beat them.
>>
>>335949262
funny joke

killed them second try with smough dying first
>>
DS3 fags think these guys are hard lolz
>>
>>335947158
>>335947158
It's pretty hard with a slow weapon. Never attack one if the other isn't blocked by a pillar. Learn their patterns and be patient. Good luck.
>>
>have more trouble with abyss watcher than with them
guess I lost my touch
>>
>Managed to do it on a blind playthrough offline
I still don't know how I pulled it off, sure I was a magic fag but fuck.
>>
File: Impossible.jpg (58 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
Impossible.jpg
58 KB, 800x448
Literally impossible.
>>
>>335947158
I was so hyped for Biggie Smalls when i first played DS1. I was late to the dark souls train so I already heard great things about Asterix and Obelix. But... I beat them first try. These guys are famed for their difficulty for fuck sake. Just raise shield and keep backing away until Little Boy catches up, since Fat Man is too slow. I'm not claiming to be good at dark souls, I mean I can't even parry, but Bert and Ernie were a bit of a joke, considering their reputation.
>>
>>335955720
what weapon were you using ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m2a2dLdZ0M

>impossible
>>
>>335953985
you are good my main man!!!! who was ur fave souls boss ????
>>
>>335954646
>DS3 fags think these guys are hard lolz
You fags made them into a meme before DS3
>>
>>335955720
Halberd +3 I believe
>>
>>335955720
you can say this about literally the entire souls series
>>
>>335955794
>>335955987
Meant to reply to you. dorp
>>
>>335955720
Yeah, Timon and Pumba was a letdown
>>
I solo'd them once, though I had hacked in Arty armour for fashion so perhaps it doesn't count.
For some reason if you circle the area anticlockwise it's easier to separate them.
>>
>>335956006
I can't think of any other boss that attained such meme statyus, vs disappointing difficulty though. Then again, some bosses are easy for some, hard for others. I mean I struggled a lot against Gwyn but beat Manus in 1 go. Go figure
>>
>>335955720
>>335955987

my first try went like this
>Enter Room
>Cinematic Plays
>Ornstein dashes at me
>Shield, almost no stamina left
>Attack him (zweihander, slow attack)
>Ornstein attacks me while I'm still in attack animation
>Smough caught up, does charge attack
>Manage to dodge his sweeping attack, gets killed by Ornstein's lightning spear.
I can see how it would be easier with a halberd, though.
>>
>>335955720
>not including Method and Red and The Gruesome Twosome
Come on, mang.
>>
>>335947158
What are their names again?
>>
I've done it naked at some low ass level by myself
And I'm terrible at souls games
If I can do it, you can definitely do it OP
>>
>>335956283
My favorite one is Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
>>
>>335955858
>says ~112 deaths at end of video
>>
don't use lock-on
>>
File: 1455082909750.png (1 MB, 973x839) Image search: [Google]
1455082909750.png
1 MB, 973x839
>>335947158
>>
>>335947158
Smough's hammer train and Ornstein's dash attack are the only thing dangerous about this fight. As long as you keep an eye out for those and always keep them both in sight you should be good. Just wait for openings or create them yourself by baiting one of them while circling around the arena and using the pillars for breathing room.
>>
>>335947158

I know there's a lot of memery surrounding this bossfight, but unless you're a sorcerer playing on easy mode, they're a luck-based boss. That's just the fact of the matter. If you have bad luck then you're fucked.

The best you can do is try to mitigate bad luck to turn things into your favor, but it's never a totally fair fight
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.