[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So educate me /v/: why are you so angry at the Nostalrius private
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: nostalarius.jpg (154 KB, 1920x768) Image search: [Google]
nostalarius.jpg
154 KB, 1920x768
So educate me /v/:
why are you so angry at the Nostalrius private server and want to see it shut down?
>>
>>335946623
But it already is shut down senpai. forever. : )
>>
>>335946789
Okay then why do you want it to stay shut down
>>
Its nothing personnel. I just don't support intellectual theft. Even if it was something I loved and played myself I still would fully support it being taken away at any point. Piracy isn't a lost sale in this case (or almost ever), but it still breeds a society of entitlement.
>>
>>335947014
How is a private server on a game intellectual theft?
>>
>>335947194
Not that guy but there is plenty of artwork, music, concepts etc that they are using without permission & belong to blizz.
>>
>>335946623
Angry? No. It's not my intellectual property they were infringing on, and I haven't played WoW since Cata proved they were going to continue to forcefully shit the bed until the consumers started to like the smell of shit. I had no dog in the Nostralius race.

But Blizz had every right to shut it down, and is under no obligation to make a legacy/progressive server. If they think it'll make them money and they do it one day more power to them. But if they think it'll be a drain on assets, or if they just don't want to, they don't have to make a Legacy server. And they are well within their rights to squash any pirate servers that pop up.
>>
I just veiw it as a dick move
>>
>>335947464
Ignore him. Hes a bern supporter who doesn't approve of the concept in the first place.
>>
>>335946623
Because its not about nostagia its about playing a old version because most of the assholes who played on it only did so because it was free.

They can all shout from the rooftops that they want vanilla servers, but i bet none of them are willing to pay for them. I bet if bliz did open some and then charged extra along with a legion account you would suddnly see "we want vannilla servers" crowed crash and die in the mud, none are truly dedicated to the cause of "vanilla was better" they only made a stink because they got shut out from a server they did not have to pay for.

My personal view is show you are willing to pay by bliz setting up a 2 year sub plan that includes vanilla server(only for people who pay for that sub)
>>
File: 1413220515454.png (403 KB, 508x379) Image search: [Google]
1413220515454.png
403 KB, 508x379
Im playing on Kronos now its literally the same
>>
>>335949370
>paying extra to play an old iteration of the game

It's like you're setting up vanilla servers for failure.
>>
>>335949728
Servers cost money Deal with it.
Just goes to show your unwillingnes to even think about paying.
>>
>>335949883
>Servers cost money

Good thing they have enough money to expand all servers :)
>>
I was playing a game I liked and it went away. I know Blizz is in their rights to manage their IP and I'm not even really mad at them. Just sad that protecting their IP means I can't play a game I like. That's it.
>>
>>335949883
Or maybe you're just a stubborn retard who thinks he knows jack shit about servers, business decisions and game development.
>>
>>335946623
I want people to stop living in the past and trying to recreate medieval mediocrity. Islam has the same problem.
>>
/v/ is almost 100% shilling at this point
>>
>>335950084
2 sets of servers 2 sets of payment, costs money to do maintenance you cannot deny that. Unless you want laggy shitty servers?
>>335950176
Do you want to have vanilla servers or not? my idea makes more people happy bliz keeps control over its IP you got your nostagia box server all you have to do is pay for the privlage what is so wrong and retared with that? or are you one of those commie fucks who just wants shit for free?
>>
1. you're pirates
2. you're nostalgiafaggots which is way worse
3. you're obnoxious and self-righteous
4. I just like your tears
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.