[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not enjoying this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: ninokuni.jpg (806 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ninokuni.jpg
806 KB, 1280x720
I'm not enjoying this game
>>
>>335930823
How far are you into the game? I remember hating lumi with a passion at first but he kind of grew on me. But yeah the "collect x emotion" fetch quests are bullshit
>>
>>335931019
Drippy, not Lumi
>>
>>335931019
I'm at the desert city now, don't remember the name since I didn't play it for a week
>>
>>335930823
Cool story faggot. Who gives a shit about what you may or may not enjoy?
>>
>>335931343
Keep playing, fights will get progressively more challenging. Not exceptionally hard, but I do remember the beginning being piss easy. You're like barely out of the prologue.
>>
File: ni_no_kuni_by_curry23-d8uld0f.jpg (1 MB, 1500x971) Image search: [Google]
ni_no_kuni_by_curry23-d8uld0f.jpg
1 MB, 1500x971
>>335930823

It gets better, but it never gets great. There's several hours of tutorials (despite the fact that they make a big deal of giving you a book that explains every game mechanic). Sidequests are usually fetch quests, and the combat is awkward and easily exploitable.

>>335931343

Al-Mamoon, I think. If that's the case, I think you're almost done with the tutorial stuff (I think going to that Desert Tower was the last of it). But if you haven't been enjoying the plot, characters, scenery, or combat either then there's not much point to finish it.
>>
>>335930823
well its pretty much the height of JRPGs on PS3, so it only gets worse from there
>>
>>335930823
>>335930823
Neither did I, got about 20 hours in then called it quits.

It's a shame since there are some things I liked, but ultimately I didn't want to play anymore.
>>
>>335931343
I gave up at the same point. Great art, music, visuals, designs, etc. but the combat is fucking atrocious and zero fun to play.
>>
>>335931343
Friend of mine dropped it at that point as well. Only part I thought was good was towards what you think is the end. Game completely takes a nosedive into shit after the last ghibli cutscene.
>>
I guess all the negative comments about the combat are true. Still I enjoyed it to the very end, because it was a breath of fresh air in many ways. The wizard's companion has got to be the best ingame manual/tutorial ever too. Never thought I would enjoy reading through a tutorial book.
>>
>>335930823
Almost nobody did. It's garbage.
>>
>>335933241
Then why are so many people hyped for Ni no Kuni 2?
>>
>>335933514
Because they're poopy idiots.
>>
change the language to japanese.
>>
>>335933514
I honestly hope the sequel fixes up what was mainly wrong with the first game.

If it fixes the combat, companion AI, and quests, it ought to be a decent game, at the very least.
>>
if you're on cfw, use XP cheats (every fight gives you 1000xp)
makes the game tons more fun.
>>
>>335931835
>despite the fact that they make a big deal of giving you a book that explains every game mechanic
the book is digital inside the game. only limited editions got an actual physical book.
>>
File: image.png (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
92 KB, 500x375
>>335933763
>he didn't somewhat like the British children voices

It could have been worse, anon
>>
think of it as an origin story for Pokemon.
>>
yea, it only really gets good when you get to Drippy's home town.
>>
>>335930823
That's ok not everyone enjoys every game.
Personally it's my favorite PS3 game
>>
>>335930823
Neither did I
>>
>>335933928

I know, I only had the in-game one too, but you still have easy access to it. I remember flipping through the pages as soon as I got it, only to then be treated to a bunch of tutorials covering the same information. They could at least just introduce a mechanic and say "if you want to know more, check your Wizard's Companion." But they just pretend like the book doesn't exist.
>>
>>335934921
that's why the DS version is superior. it actually uses the book and doesn't hold your hand as much.
>>
>>335930823
It was pretty bland and holy fuck they drag it out when after you beat thr big bad and expect credits a whole new big bad shows up.
>>
>>335931343
Getting close to the good stuff just push yourself to play a bit longer
>>
It's repetitive and boring. You're not alone op.
>>
File: 305.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
Can guarantee the only reason people salivated over this was the Ghibli name attached to it and assumed Miyazaki himself single handedly created this game when the entire company had nothing to do with the PS3 version and it shows with that godawful ending.

It's ok, but there's so many things that make it incredibly tedious and frustrating to play.
>AI dumb as dogshit and frequently gets themselves killed because they don't block the boss's specials
>Don't get the All Defence command until literally right after it would have been useful
>No point in using any familiars other than the starting one
>Boring fetch quests
>White Witch plot is blatantly tacked on (and I mean tacked. It's held there with a bit of tape).
>Criminally low recruit rates for familiars that can be squandered by your dumb fuck allies who might kill it in the one in a million chance you get to capture it as you frantically switch to Esther to capture it.
>No variety in battle music at all.

Seriously 9 out of 10 people who lavish
praise on it will admit to not even playing it which doesn't make any fucking sense. I have seriously seen this too many times.

Fucking cult of personality surrounding Ghibli
films is fucking annoying and artificially inflated scores.

It would seriously be an alright game if there weren't so many annoyances. At its core it's decent.
>>
>>335935101
That's because Ghibli didn't add anything extra so that big lavish scene they did for the fake ending was the real one in the DS version, and so the actual ending is literally thirty fucking seconds and LOL NO WAIT I'M GOOD AGAIN LOL FLOWERS. I was absolutely bemused upon seeing that.

Worst thing is the DS version is NEVER EVER coming out over here and I've seen faggots who go EW TURN BASED PS3 VERSION BETTER like fucking morons.
>>
>>335930823
A lot of people don't.

I did.
I enjoyed it a lot.
The start is a bit slow.
>>
>>335933514
Go play Dark Cloud, then play Dark Cloud 2
Level 5 knows how to improve a sequel where it really needs it
>>
>literally get a resurrection spell
>doesn't use it to bring back youer mum
>>
>>335935789
Doesn't it cost something serious? like somebody's soul, or it splits their soul or something?

I forget.
>>
>>335931343
Game gets worse after that, don't even bother picking it up again.
>>
>>335935716
Dark Cloud 1 was already pretty good too.
>>
>>335935907
i think it was because the white witch did it with hate in her heart of some shit. if you're pure hearted, it doesn't have such effect.
or i could just be pulling that out of my ass...
>>
>>335930823
This game was super rad until you got your first party member. Then the quality dropped so fast it went forward in time.
>>
>100% the game
>get a car

I already HAVE a fucking dragon, m8!
>>
>>335935789
>finish conductor side quest
>go to alternate universe
>all you get is a car
>>
Post-game content was really neat, and they actually rewarded in a neat way for it.

Vroom vroom motherfuckers.
>>
Is NNK2 this year or next?
>>
That OST though...
>>
It's pretty but boring like every Level 5 RPG.
>>
>>335936262
Holy god yeah, the only thing is that World traveling theme got a little stale at times.
>>
All they gotta do to the gameplay:

>make the AI not retarded
>give you all-gaurd/attack immediately
>let you capture pokemon immediately
>>
>>335930823
That's too bad, i enjoyed it, though i think it takes way too fucking long to get to the part when you can finally fucking tame Pokemon.
>>
>>335935985
it got boring too after a while
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.