[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh baby, downloading the evil within. Horror weekend confirmed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 20160429160103_1.jpg (106 KB, 962x511) Image search: [Google]
20160429160103_1.jpg
106 KB, 962x511
Oh baby, downloading the evil within. Horror weekend confirmed.
Ane pro tips and tricks for first playthrough? Any meta game?
>>
>>335921534
>meta game in singleplayer game

The memes have gone too far

It's a single player game, just fucking play it and have fun. The game isn't difficult, stop looking up shit before you get spoiled about everything.
>>
>>335921885
Was more wondering about the best gun and how to manage fire matches.
>>
>>335922140
You can go nuts with everything. Just sit back, immerse yourself and have fun. Get out of here.
>>
>>335922269
But it's only at 24%.
>>
i did not enjoy this game
>>
>>335922140
nigger this isn't dark souls
>>
Exit when you get to the village-like stage and get your refund.
>>
>>335921534

>Ane pro tips and tricks for first playthrough?

Yeah, delete it immediately and play a better horror game, like System Shock 2 or Manhunt.
>>
>>335922886
>Manhunt
Turns to utter shit the moment you get guns.
>>
most disappointing game i've played, maybe.
maybe tied with MGSV.
it's basically a worse Last of Us, but if you're playing on PC i assume you didn't play that.
it's still worse than RE4.
it does not feel ANYTHING like a mikami game whatsoever.
it feels like an attempt at copying whatever was popular in the western market at the time.
remember this game was supposed to be a return to the roots of survival horror.
it's not.
i haven't played dead space since it launched but i even remember enjoying THAT more than this drivel. and, in general, i dislike western games and prefer japanese games. i also love mikami, in general.
this game is so goddamn mediocre. hope you like randomized bullet trajectories in a game where ammo conservation is encouraged.
jesus christ what were they thinking.
>>
>>335923000

And then it gets better again. I'm sorry you haven't finished it.
>>
>>335922140
Crossbow is the best weapon, upgrade the fuck out of it and the game becomes ez mode
>>
>>335923000

You can't rely too much on those weapons, the enemies get more brutal in late game, stealth is always the best approach
>>
>>335923004

>maybe tied with MGSV

Stop this meme right now.
>>
File: drink.jpg (48 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
48 KB, 344x345
>>335923301
Heard the harpoon is pretty baller.
>>
>>335923335
But then you just get a time-limit and have no choice but to rely on the gun.
>>
>>335923000
>>335922886
>tfw you type Manhunt on google it brings up a gay hook up site
>>
>>335922140
If you are decent at video games you won't have resource problems on normal difficulty. The only tricky part is one particular boss that you can't actually hurt, but still appears to take damage, so you're at risk at wasting a shitload of ammo on it for nothing. But you'll be fine.
Oh, and keep in mind Chapter 1 is absolute dog shit.
>>
File: 1441546537379.jpg (27 KB, 239x237) Image search: [Google]
1441546537379.jpg
27 KB, 239x237
>metagaming a single player third person shooter
>>
>>335921885
Nightmare mode is pretty great though. It's the closest survival horror game wr got since Siren:Blood Curse.
>>
>>335921534
Not a good game but let me think.

Focus on crit chance upgrades over damage for pistol. The last tier gives you a 50% chance to instakill enemies whenever you headshot them.

Crossbow gets good after you upgrade it, it's shit beforehand. If you max out Harpoon the game is easy mode.

Use stealth kills on stunned enemies. Bottle to the head, flash, ect.

Melee sucks don't bother.

Upgrade your sprint.

You can save scum the lockerboxes to an extent, you can get a certain amount of goo between invisible "milestones" so keep that in mind.

Matches can light multiple enemies on fire, make sure to increase your stock.

Focus on maxing harpoon and flash bolts for the crossbow upgrades.

Prepare for disappointment.
>>
>>335923773
>Use stealth kills on stunned enemies. Bottle to the head, flash, ect.
this game has one of the most counter intuitive context melee ever
>>
>>335922140
just make sure you use the match to burn more than 1 enemy. DONE. you have literally achieved the level of efficiency the game demands.
>>335923413
so you're not an MGS fan.
>>335923570
>Oh, and keep in mind Chapter 1 is absolute dog shit.
i wish, i wish i could start this game again and just, you know, have fun. like in RE4. or any other GOOD game.
i cannot fathom what the fuck they were thinking with this shitty setpiece hollywood game garbage.
>>
>>335923910
>so you're not an MGS fan

THE MEMES
THE MEMES NEVER END
>>
>Western horror games
>Obligatory leatherface in the beggining because no creativity
>Shit aspect ratio
>2deep4u
>Scripted events

turned it off after an hour.
>>
>>335923895
Doesn't control like a dream but might as well try and use everything the game gives you.

I still feel like a scrub for quitting my Akumu playthrough but going through a huge section only to be whacked by a guy is a real bummer.
>>
Make sure you have stunning bolts for bosses. I got stuck real hard on one boss because I didn't have these.
>>
Upgrade accuracy in the pistol, power in the shotty.
Burning bodies is kind of a waste if you headshot
Don't melee
Don't try to get into the story, it's some serious schizo-autism shit.
Just shoot zombies and have fun
>>
>>335922140

>He's been hand held for so long he can't play games normally anymore
>>
>>335924134

>western game directed by japanese dude

Why is this allowed?
>>
>game throws tons of enemies at you
>doesn't give you enough ammo
>>
File: 305735.jpg (56 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
305735.jpg
56 KB, 470x483
>>335924474
CAN YOU FEEL THE HORROR
>>
File: giant todd.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
giant todd.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
>>335924401
why not?
>>
>>335921534
Yeah there's one: use a countdown timer set at 110 minutes
once it runs out close the game and consider the refund
>>
>>335921534
You better be playing it at night anon.
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>335923443
It is but only once you max it out. Actually the game's way too easy if you choose to do that.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.