[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official best Dark Souls 3 bosses power rankings Nameless King
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1458994107978.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1458994107978.png
159 KB, 289x289
Official best Dark Souls 3 bosses power rankings

Nameless King
Soul of Cinder
Champion Gundyr
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
Dragon Slayer Armor
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Abyss Watchers
Yhorm the Giant
Lothric, Younger Prince
Oceiros, the Consumed King
High Lord Wolnir
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
Iudex Gundyr
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Old Demon King
Ancient Wyvern
Crystal Sage
Deacons of the Deep
>>
Dancer, Armor, and Lothric should be higher
>>
>>335918623
People had trouble with Yhorm? he is a gimmick boss.
>>
File: 1358042495524.jpg (5 KB, 162x138) Image search: [Google]
1358042495524.jpg
5 KB, 162x138
>SOC above gundyr
>DSA on the list
>Puzzle bosses on the list
>Crystal sage on the list
No.
>>
If Watchers had more HP, fight would be GOAT
>>
>>335918846
If the watchers were normal enemies later it would be cool too.
>>
>>335918720
Lothric is easy though with a tiny health pool. If anything he should be lower.
>>
>>335918623
Wolnir is the worst in my opinion. Horrible, boring, easy fight, that can instakill by fucking rng attacks and just is a letdown given how interesting and unique the fight looks.
>>
>>335919038
You put abyss watchers above them.
You're genuinely retarded, no matter what reasoning you'll try to give.
>>
>>335918623
True power rankings here:
Nameless King
Champion Gundyr
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Soul of Cinder
Dragon Slayer Armor
Dancer of the Boreal Valley (Best fight thematically)
Lothric, Younger Prince
Abyss Watchers
Yhorm the Giant
Vordt
Crystal Sage
Wollnir
Ludex
Old Demon King
Wyvern
Wolnir
Deacons (second best thematically)
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
>>
>>335919234
I'm not OP. Abyss Watcher should also be lower.
>>
>All those people having Champion over Pontiff

Other than Pontiff's parry damage being very high, there's no reason for that
>>
Nameless King
Champion Gundyr
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Dragon Slayer Armor
Soul of Cinder
Lothric, Younger Prince
High Lord Wolnir
Abyss Watchers
Iudex Gundyr
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Old Demon King
Ancient Wyvern
Yhorm the Giant
Crystal Sage
Deacons of the Deep
>>
>>335918623

Top 5 are solid, don't know what the fuck is going on after that though.
>>
>>335921189
pontiff wasn't as fun as champion gundyrs fight though, pretty evident by everyones opinion too.
>>
>>335918779
>>335919413
>>335921838

>le gundyr is so gud meme

I don't get it. His moveset was impressive and the fight was fun, but I killed him first try with estus to spare.
>>
>>335918623
You know, I don't think there were any outright bad bosses in this game, all the ones that weren't fun and challenging (like all of them after the Pontiff (outside of the Nameless King)) were at least as cool enough a concept or atmospheric enough to justify their existence.

I liked Dark Souls 2 a lot more than other people on here seem to, but there were a fair number of bosses in it that just didn't bring anything to the table, like the ruin sentinels, the gargoyles or the royal rat authority. If only the gargoyles or ruin sentinels were all individually different that would have been fine, but the royal rat authority could have just been cut completely from the game to the benefit of everyone else.

Also, I think Dark Souls 2 had better areas than Dark Souls 3. A lot of them just felt like the set pieces of the series were repeating, unfinished and cramped (like the profane capital) or blatantly fan-wanky and not in a fun way.
>>
>>335922509
It's less about him deserving to be that high than the others not deserving to be higher than him.
>>
>>335918623
Nameless king is the worst boss in 3. Yes, worse than that tree's ballsack that you fight.
>>
>>335924169
well meme'd, my friend.
>>
>>335918623
Soul Of Cinder>Lorian and Lothric>Nameless King>Pontiff Sulyvan>Dancer>Abyss Watchers>Dragonslayer Armour>Champion Gundyr>Aldritch>Oceiros>Vordt>Iudex Gundyr>Yhorm>Ancient Wyvern>GreatWood>Crystal Sage>Old Demon King>Congregation 2.0
>>
>>335922509
>difficulty makes a boss
are you actually stupid?
>>
I beat every boss in the game and the one boss that still kicked my ass the most was Pontiff. Princes were second. Nameless King honestly wasn't that bad. Just tedious sometimes to get to his second form.
>>
Wyvern and Yhorm aren't bosses though, they're just NPC events.
>>
Curse-Rotted Greatwood leaves a huge shitstain on what is otherwise a great boss roster.
>>
>>335924224
Second phase he's slower than the greatwood, first phase is against the fucking camera. He doesn't have anything going for him except some double hit attacks like the lightning slam and fart clouds that just serve to annoy you by stunning you and doing no damage.
>>
>>335924902
>Ancient Wyvern leaves a huge shitstain on what is otherwise a great boss roster.

FTFY
>>
>>335924952
I missed his head once which was a little annoying, but he's not bad. Souls games have some seriously tedious bosses but he's not one of them, he's trivial.
>>
>>335925631
Exactly, it's le boss which isn't actually a boss but a puzzle bullshit. Didn't work last time didn't work this time

Bed of Chaos v2
>>
>>335924947
You can over-exagerate anything about any boss in any game to make it sound bad.

The fight was great and decently challenging without it feeling like it was unfair or boring, there wasn't anything annoying about it like retarded hitboxes or the boss being boringly strong, it was just a well made fight, the second phase had enough different moves to learn without them feeling cheap or broken, it was let down a little bit with how slowly he would close in on you if you were far away, letting you heal up or peel his health off with ranged attacks, but it does enough well to end up as a good fight . Also, you shouldn't really have camera issues with the boss unless you don't know when to break the lock-on with it. Also, the atmosphere of the whole fight was just great , especially when he was flying on the drake and throwing lightning spears.

I don't know what there is to dislike about the fight unless you are just determined to find ways to squeeze out all enjoyment of the game.
>>
File: 1458680231063.jpg (75 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1458680231063.jpg
75 KB, 540x720
>>335925847
>tfw the real threat are those giant lizards, especially those chain axes ones.
>>
>>335925870
> there wasn't anything annoying about it
Except for the shitfest that is the entire first half of the fight, or the fact that between all the mile long dashes and getting stunned by residual shockwaves from attacks you've successfully dodged you have to wait like 50 minutes before you get a chance to attack.

It's the only boss in the game that's just plain bad.
>>
>>335925847
Bed of chaos had a somewhat annoying run and you'd die to falling a couple times. This one, whatever he's called, you shouldn't have to repeat and either way the bonfire is right there.
>>
>>335926292
I died to the second form tonnes of times, I could usually beat the first without getting hit, the attacks are so telegraphed and outside of 2 rarely used ones are easy to avoid, and I could beat it fast enough to keep flame arc applied to the next stage.

Maybe you just needed to learn how to dodge his attacks properly.
>>
Dancer was actually a fun fight. So I'd totally rank her higher.

When did Quality become equal to Difficulty?
>>
>Soul of Cinder

I can't believe I fucking went out of my way to avoid spoilers only to be greeted with that piece of fucking garbage for an end boss. Absolute trash and From should be ashamed.
>>
Why do people like champion gundyr so much? I found it really plain and straightforward desu.
>>
>>335927167
he's strong and punishing but not in a bullshit way

instead of getting mad when you fuck up and die, you just go "oh no matter, let's try again!" and carry on

there's no stupid gimmick, it's just you and a big guy one on one, fair and square
>>
>>335925847
Bed of Chaos has you wandering back and forth around one tiny room with the primary threats being the floor just unceremoniously collapsing underneath you and killing you instantly, or mile long hands sweeping you into holes that have already formed, killing you instantly. At least the stupid horseshit you have to go through before you can instantly kill Ancient Wyvern is a real ass level you can fight through, with enemies. It's miles above Bed of Chaos.
>>
>>335922509
most people are just overleveled for gundyr so they don't understand how good he is

try killing him as soon as you can in a new game, dancer -> consumed king -> the champ

good luck
>>
>>335927097

60% of the game is pandering and rehashed content so what did you expect.
>>
>>335927097

Fucking THIS

You kill princes and or unnamed king, and feel like a total badass. I killed SoC and wondered when the second phase of the fight would start for 10 seconds, then got the souls from his kill.
>>
>>335918846
If they had poise and couldn't be backstabbed the fight would be genuinely hard as shit
>>
>>335927782

>try gimping urself see how hard it is!!!

LMFAO
>>
>>335927884
So you emptied his health bar, watches him get a new, full health bar and a new moveset, killed him, and wondered where the second phase was, then?

>>335927970
Fighting them at a normal level isn't gimping yourself. I did Oceiros, Champion, and Nameless King as soon as I could after Dancer, before getting to Lothric Castle proper. Champ and Nameless King were tough as shit.
>>
>>335918623
>Hardest Boss
Nameless King

>Hardest Boss Challenge
Yhorm the Giant (without the Storm sword)
>>
>>335926723
It's not the dragon that's dashing around and farting out clouds, jackass.
>>
>>335921838
Aldrich way too high, Abyss Watchers way too low
>>
I died to Crystal sage more than any other boss. Why /v/?
>>
>>335928123

it's not normal level. Standard progression is doing Dancer after all the other lord of cinders.

You're just deluded and trying to prove others than gimping yourself and being underleveled means the fight is good.

Trust me, deacons is a great fight you just have to use your fists and be SL1, then see how hard and challenging it is!

Or don't use the Storm ruler and deal 10dmg per hit on his legs. That's how challenging Yhorm is!

Just spare people your bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 234x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 234x391
Well, a newfag I see.
I am Anon, I serve in this board as a humble meme-smith forging new memes.
You're in search of the (you)'s, I trust?
A toilsome journey, I wager. You'll require good memes.
Let me smith y' memes. I am a meme-smith, such is my purpose.
>>
>>335928309
calm down you autist >>335928123 isn't me btw
>>
>>335928309
You fucking retard, I'm a different person, first of all. And admittedly I don't know what that person meant, but when they said Dancer > Oceiros > Champion, I assumed they meant fighting Dancer when you're supposed to, after the other Lords. Fighting him there, on his second phase he could kill me in two hits and was aggressive enough that it was very difficult to get hits in safely. He has a lot of moves that link together and attack to his sides/behind him, making him tricky to get close to. It's a good fight.
>>
Official best boss tier list:
>ELDER GOD TIER:
Nameless king
Soul of Cinder
Champion Gundyr
Pontiff
Lothric/Lorian
>TOP TIER
everyone else
>GOOD TIER
Anchient Wyvern
Crystal Sage
Deacons
>>
>>335928601

He's still easy as shit. You're all bad at the game and probably got stuck on Aldritch like the baddies you are.

Champion Gundyr is as easy as Iudex. Even when "normal" leveled.
>>
>>335927167
>oh I'll just stab his ass like any other boss
>eat a boot to the face
>oh I'll just whack him after dodging this really easy to avoid attack
>get body checked
>oh I'll just parry this really predictable attack
>fuck up
>get launched into the air and juggled with kicks
There's no cheap shit, he makes you feel like an asshole while he honestly kicks your ass. No instant kill attacks, no feints or instant swings after a windup and no camera fuckery whatsoever. And if you try to outrange him he will fucking ruthlessly chase you down.
>>335928309
>Or don't use the Storm ruler and deal 10dmg per hit on his legs. That's how challenging Yhorm is!
Yhorm has like 3 moves, of course you can't make him fun.
>>
>>335928780
He literally isn't as easy as Iudex because he has a bunch more moves and it much faster than Iudex, and his damage output is at the very least equivalent to Iudex's for the point you are and were at in the game for each fight. I don't remember if Iudex hit very hard before the abyss monster pops out.
>>
>>335928207
I don't even know what you are talking about, the attacks he does where he ends out some easily avoidable shockwaves that look like clouds or when he slowly flies across the stage on kind of a cloud in an attack I don't think I have ever seen connect?

All the attacks in the second stage are avoidable once you learn the pattern and you can take him down quickly if you get close to him and attack when you have openings, I don't even know what you want the boss fight to do that it doesn't already.
>>
>>335918623
why do people like nameless king so much? it's a rather boring fight, isn't it? you kill he wyvern and then he spawns his 3-4 combos, I don't get it

Soul of Cinder was okayish, though at that point in the game I was able to tank a whole fucking combo of his and laughed my way through the fight at SL 111

best in my opinion was Aldrich, was a fun fight in a really nice location, and the twin princes, probably the most difficult besides Dancer
>>
>>335929025
>if you get close to him
Yeah, if you can chase down his dash before he uses it again or you die of old age.
>>
>>335929108
how is the twin princes difficult? the only thing you should get hit by is when lorian air teleports and slams his sword on your head, other than that its a easy as shit right
>>
which boss in the series(bb, des included) is the hardest? I ve never played the game
>>
>>335929286
I had some trouble at the start finding out where Lorian goes when he teleports to some corner of the room to do his big light beam attack before it connects and instantly kill me, but that just took getting used to. And one time when Lothric spawned his little chasers and I wasn't able to get Lorian to teleport somewhere where I could avoid him and the chaser beams at the same time. Aside from that, it's just a matter of endurance if you don't manage to do good damage to Lothric when he's on Lorian's back and you have to do the fight again. My first time I damaged them both pretty simultaneously, but died because I wasn't expecting the revive, second time I played much the same way but barely any of my attacks were counted as hitting Lothric as well, so it was a pain.

>>335929450
Probably some Chalice Dungeon or DLC boss from Bloodborne.
>>
>>335929286
I had 12 vigor at the time, one graze and I was dead, is probably much easier if you can take a hit or two, but his teleportation really fucked with me
>>
File: 1461022633110.jpg (259 KB, 760x1724) Image search: [Google]
1461022633110.jpg
259 KB, 760x1724
>>
>>335918623
Roll roll attack
>>
>>335929108
>though at that point in the game I was able to tank a whole fucking combo of his and laughed my way through the fight at SL 111
Was it in NG+? You're pretty overleveled there.
>>
>>335929604
how hard original bloodborne is compared to dlc?
>>
>>335929269
Chasing down a slowly moving man who is walking towards you and has attacks that move him towards you is taking too long?

>>335929108
I thought Aldrich was a neat idea, but I thought it was meant to be a shapeless blob and not a corpse-train which let me down, and I didn't think that we needed to see Anor Londo again when I thought it was meant to have been destroyed and rebuilt as different civilisations in the second game, I don't know, it just felt kind of fan-wanky, like the game was set there because we as players would recognise it.

Also, what's with all the people who are calling the Nameless King bad? I don't know, if you didn't like the fight, I can live with that but it just reeks of contrarianism to me when people have so little actual justified complaints about somehing that was generally regarded as good.
>>
>>335918623
>>335919413
>>335921838
>>335929693
Why do people hate the Princes so much? I thought they were cool.
>>
>>335924169
Nameless KIng was shit, but there were some fights that were just lazily bad:
Wolnir and Demon King.
>>
>>335930005
Whichever one is talking quite literally sounds like your stereotypical emo gayboi.

American speaking.
>>
>>335929789
nope, first run, I spent some time farming souls after twin princes, after I realised that having put no souls into vigor was a mistake so i grinded about 20 SL between that and Soul of Cinder
>>
>>335930005
Because they're gay. The people, I mean (though the twins are obviously gay for each other). The Princes were a great fight, even if they were a bit easy.
>>
>>335930053
If you can look past the reskin of the boss, Old Demon King is pretty fun.
>>
>>335930053
Oh right, yeah Wolnir was pretty bad. Can't see the safe spots when you're standing in the fog. But Old demon king wasn't that bad. I mean the camera sure wasn't good, but he was a pretty honest fight and showed off some cool new magic.
>>
>>335929604
the chasers are literally run left or right and when he teleports roll not hard to avoid at all, then when lorian does the charge full room attack just roll 2 times because of lothrics soul spear. you literally should not get hit in this boss fight if you are competant
>>
>>335918623
>8 out of 10 of the top ten are literally the same boss
great job
>>
>>335928214
Yeah I should've taken down Aldrich a bit, but Abyss Watchers are right where they need to be.
>>
>>335930361
I know how they work, I beat the boss a while ago. It wasn't that hard, those are just the things that happened to trip me up. Avoiding the chasers when he teleports to my left or right was easy because I'd just back away from him and they'd shoot between us, but one time he teleported behind me and attacked right away so I took some big damage.

>you literally should not get hit in this boss fight if you are competant

fuck off
>>
>>335930092
>Whichever one is talking quite literally sounds like your stereotypical emo gayboi

Same VA as Gwyndolin.
>>
>>335929950
I didn't like the Aldrich location because it was Anor londo, it was in itself pretty awesome, the flooded cathedral with the curtains dancing in the wind while you fight that spooky looking abomination

the nameless king location on the other hand was just shit, some grey clouds and that's it, everything was fucking grey, his moves had nothing special, just your everyday lightning charge and swings, expected more from the god of war and heir of lightning
>>
So is pyromancy viable in pve? Since it needs so much stat investment?
>>
I thought Aldrich was bad, his arrow move is just straight up gay, he looked cool I guess
>>
>>335930598
but thats basically what you/that guy said when talking about the nameless king

>why do people like nameless king so much? it's a rather boring fight, isn't it? you kill he wyvern and then he spawns his 3-4 combos, I don't get it
basically saying he does the same thing over and over again, how do you get hit?
>>
File: +10 ass.jpg (168 KB, 759x900) Image search: [Google]
+10 ass.jpg
168 KB, 759x900
>Champion Gundyr being hard

Am I the only one confused by this? Is this just some shitty meme?
he is just Iudex Gundyr but faster and with no second form. So just fight him like you did at the beginning of the game just roll a little more often.
>>
>>335918623
>Champion Gundyr not on top
disregarded
>>
File: bosses.jpg (379 KB, 1108x2240) Image search: [Google]
bosses.jpg
379 KB, 1108x2240
Here's the official list
>>
>>335930865
>put down soapstone anywhere
>summoned fast as fuck
>even deacons
>put it by THE CHAMP
>takes at least a minute
>full of soapstone signs
He's not that hard, just a fucking blast to fight.
>help some sorc kill him
>jumps for joy and spams proper bow at me
Ok, scratch that. He's not that hard to fight as melee.
>>
>>335930617
Oh yeah, the boss fight room was cool.

And same for the Nameless King, you fought him on top of a storm-cloud plateu above a courtyard, a location can be cool in concept for me to enjoy it, but I guess I can understand if you didn't like that.

I also thought the Nameless King had some neat moves, like throwing the lightning spear on his drake, the charges and drifts in the second stage and the lightning pillars.
>>
Champion Gundam, Pontiff Sullivan and Memeless King are literally the best bosses in the series all in one game, which I never thought possible.
>>
>>335930862
I've never said anything like that about the Nameless King.
>>
>>335931105
>Vordt
>below nameless king
>>
>>335918623
>The obligatory "First boss reused" boss is one of the best in the game and legitimately great
How did they do it?
>>
>>335930865
>he is just Iudex Gundyr but faster
He's notorious for catching you when you drink your estus. Also he's a pain in the ass for many builds. I CANNOT fight him with my two-handed firelink greatsword, I have to switch to faster one-handed attacks on the same greatsword or I get hit too often.
>>
>>335930612
Casin point.
>>
>>335918623
Dragon slayer armour is way far up in list
>>
I don't get why old demon king is ranked so poorly all the time
>>
>>335931138
He wasn't hard as a pyro either. I never even got to see any of his cool shit until I played through again full strength. Could be sorceries having longer cast times I suppose.
>>
>>335931245
I literally copy and pasted that from the first post i responded to
>>
>>335930005
Princes are the second best boss fight in the game and have the best theme
>>
>>335931256
Vordt is actually potentially even easier than the stupid gimmick bosses, and has no real "fun" moves
>>
>>335931341
I thought he was pretty cool, I guess people on here tend to rank bosses by how hard they are first and foremost.
>>
>>335931421
Well I'm not following whatever other conversations you're having.
>>
>>335931256
>Literally worst than the mini-Vordt who drops the ice sword
>>
>>335931341
Camera fuckery, long combos that drag you around and the mace having a hitbox that extends several feet down, dragging you around as he moves about.
>>335931373
I thought he just went apeshit any time you tried to use something ranged. The champ was on his ass all the time, don't think he took a single swing at me in phase 2 of that fight. Guess it's distance based.
>>
>>335931341
He has a cool aesthetic and his abilities are cool, but he melts far to quick too be as dangerous as he actually looks.
>>
None of the bosses in this game gave me challenge

I don't want any internet tough guy points.
I just want these games to be hard again
>>
>>335931621
>tfw going down there straight away and fighting him with a +2 raw longsword for the pyromancies
he's not cool, he's a dick
>>
>>335931530
this really bothered me. Vordt is really cool, but he is just too easy
>>
>>335930865
I think people have the same trouble with him that they have with Nameless King or Dragonslayer Armor. They're bosses that will extend their combos by reading your inputs and you just have to figure out which animations they cannot follow up on the moment you hit R1. Once you do, you basically can't be hit though.
>>
>>335931271
Iudex Gundyr already had the template for being good even with experience. When you think about Last Giant or Asylum Demon, when you fight them again further in the games (Giant Lord and Demon Firesage), you already know how to roll, so their slow speed would not stop you at all. For Cleric Beast and Laurence, you can't just increase the speed of a BB boss since they're already pretty fast, so you had bullshit damage and bullshit health instead.

Iudex was intentionally slowed down in the tutorial, as there are many pause moments where he doesn't attack at all (for new players), so you can just remove that pause later on. Iudex's moveset is also made to teach players about the different kinds of attacks and strategies to counter these attacks, so for Champion, he has an attack for everything. That's what makes him great in comparison.
>>
GOD TIER
Twin Princes
Nameless King
Dancer
Pontiff

GREAT TIER
Soul of Cinder
The Champ
Abyss Watchers
Oceiros

OK TIER
Vordt
Armour
Deacons
Demon King
Aldrich
Iudex

GIMMICK TIER
Wolnir
Tree
Wyvern
Yhorm

SHIT TIER
Sages
>>
literally the ONLY good bosses are Gundyr and Nameless King
>>
>>335918754
Some people honestly can't figure it out. I was doing the sunbro thing for a bit outside of the fog, like I do with all bosses, and someone summoned goddamn THREE of us. I figured it was just helping us get our medals, but you could tell by the way he moved and looked around that he was confused as shit when we all whipped out Stormruler and went nuts
>>
>>335931634
As opposed to Dark Souls 1, where almost every boss you just have to circle strafe around them and keep attacking and the boss can't do shit?
>>
>>335918623
Shit list

Better one

Twin Princes
Dragonslayer Armour
Aldrich The Devourer of Gods
Nameless King
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Abyss Watchers
Champion Gundyr
Soul of Cinder (literally Gwyn in second phase, too lazy of a final boss)
Yhorm the Giant
High Lord Wolnir
Iudex Gundyr
Old Demon King
Oceiros,the Consumed King
Ancient Wyvern
Curse-rotted greatwood
Deacons of the deep
Crystal Sage
>>
>>335931896
>to teach players about the different kinds of attacks and strategies to counter these attacks
bosses will employ later on in the game*
>>
>>335931621
He doesn't even look dangerous. He looks decreptic and acts accordingly.
>>
>>335931634
>I just want these games to be hard again
You know that's never gonna happen, right? You already got gud.
>>
>>335918623
I'd put the Consumed King lower on the list, beat him on the first try.
>>
File: 1441043009631.jpg (193 KB, 933x356) Image search: [Google]
1441043009631.jpg
193 KB, 933x356
>>335925964
>the path leading up to the twinkling dragon torso stone

fucking triggered
>>
File: 1379766700587.png (154 KB, 309x302) Image search: [Google]
1379766700587.png
154 KB, 309x302
Is there a summary of things you can miss/fuck up in a playthrough?

>mfw ignoring Yoel and missing out on Yuria
>>
Is this the "single player vs boss" discussion or the "my fagfriends vs the boss" discussion?
>>
>>335932262
>beat him on the first try
So what?
Good boss is beyond how hard it was to beat it.
>>
>>335927843
So it's Force Awakens, the game?
>>
>>335931896
i agree with everything in this except for the firesage demon, those AoE attacks he has are so fucking annoying unless you get him into animation hell with the butt stomps
>>
>>335932336
Leveling past 30 instead of using the maracas for low level PvP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzGBGWew4A

best boss best theme
>>
>>335932262
>Difficulty is the sole deciding factor on whether a boss is good or not
>>
>>335932336
You'll always miss something. If you went with Yuria, you would miss 1 ending and character quest anyway. You're supposed to beat it more than once.
>>
>>335929450
Shadows of Yharnam / Defiled Watchdog of the Old Lords / Ludwig The Holy Blade

Other Souls game don't even compete with BB when it comes to difficulty

it's a great game to have under your belt if you are one of those xD lug ad me so hardcore gaymurs like me
>>
>>335918623
I think Soul of Cinder is harder that Nameless King.
>>
>>335932081
>Soul of Cinder (literally Gwyn in second phase, too lazy of a final boss)
You don't know what literally means. SoC has the most varied moveset in the series and can change fighting style on the fly. He can parry, ninja flip, use pyromancy, faith, magic, be a dexfag, strfag, etc. His 2nd form is not like Gywn's at all and he's still dangerous with that combo and faith spells.

He might not be the hardest boss, but he's the most versatile boss in the series. Also him acting like Gwyn makes sense. Did you even read his lore?
>>
>>335932071
It's pretty weirdly designed. I mean, all gimmick bosses prior just require you to keep hitting them for shit damage until they explode, the note hinting at his weakness is in the ass-end of the room and people probably won't see that shit while dodging the boss. Then even if they figure it out, they have to fumble in their inventory (because they haven't stored shit) to find and equip a weapon while they try not to die, and finally they have to realize the stormruler can be charged despite it otherwise being identical to the normal sword weapon art.

I was lucky in that I'd done Siegward's stuff enough for him to show up and show off the stormruler. Then he got stunlocked in a corner and died while I went to pick up the one on the ground.
>>
>>335927097
Fuck you SoC is awersome.
>>
>>335932713
Play the fight again.
The second phase is the most disappointing Gwyn imitation you'll ever get in Souls.

First Phase is indeed versatile but he doesn't last nearly long enough in a fight during his first phase for his versatility to shine
>>
>>335932913
The second phase is literally Gwyn done right
>>
>>335932679
I think SoC is harder for a low level run of the game. The only real threat Nameless King has in phase 2 are that 90% of his attacks are delayed and in phase 1, you can just stay in front of the dragon and sprint under when he does his ground lightning attack .
>>
>>335929450
Ludwig and Lawrence.

Orphan's second phase is crazy and frantic, but his first phase is so piss easy that it knocks him down a notch.
>>
>>335932913
>the most disappointing Gwyn imitation you'll ever get in Souls.

yeah because we are going to see so many gwyn imitations in future souls games right?
>>
>>335932913
Gywn doesn't use lightning spears, do air combos, and riposte him to death.
>>
>>335932913
>Gwyn, but can't be parried
>actual lightning attacks (3)
>big Manus combo attack
>everything else is Gwyn
>>
>>335932913
The disappointing Gwyn version was Gwyn
>>
>>335933010
Nameless King would have been the best fight sans the dragon camera moving competition phase,

Just due to the shitty cam shenanigans I'd say Twin Pirnces are more fun than Nameless King
>>
>>335933054
>Ludwig

Maybe if he didn't get easy as fuck in the second phase, and Lawrence is the easiest fight in the DLC

Orphan shits all over both of them
>>
>>335932913
2nd phase is just good Gwyn though.
>>
>>335933086
>Gwyn doesn't use lightning Spears
Uh huh
>>
>>335933181
I wish Lothric had one more, just one more miracle attack though. It really feels like he was supposed to attack more often than he does in the fight.
>>
File: 987465465.jpg (21 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
987465465.jpg
21 KB, 563x542
>people liking Abyss "le edgy bloodborne character" Watchers.
>>
>>335932978
>>335933170
>Gwyn is a bad fight meme
>>
>>335930005
I loved the Princes fight. It was the 2nd most challenging fight for me.
>>
>>335931105
>deacons
>shit

you fags harp on about muh atmosphere and then pull shit like this
>>
>>335933294
>jump attack
>grab
>kick
>lunge attack
>side slash combo
>side step
>>
>>335929450
Depends on what you play first. Once you get down the souls combat, everything becomes easy since everything else is just a reskin with some gimmicks
>>
>>335933437
Gwyn does all of that
>>
>>335931451
>muh hardness
Faggots like this ruin the fanbase
>>
>>335933401
It fucking is.

Gwyn was a complete failure at combining the gameplay elements of False King Allant and the storytelling of the real King Allant
>>
>>335933196
For some reason, Ludwig and Lawrence's first phases fucked me up far worse than Orphan's second. Probably because you're downing vials early instead of hoarding them for the second phase like Orphan. Also,

>Lawrence easier than the Living Failures
You know how I know you never played the DLC?
>>
>>335933596
Except throwing lighting spears at you.
>>
File: 1378467766478.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
1378467766478.gif
104 KB, 300x136
CHAMPION GUNDYR HAS NO FUCKING OPENINGS AND KEEPS HITTING ME MID ROLL WITH THE FUCKING SPIN SLASH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

First phase is so fucking easy and even in second he takes a lot of damage but I just can't hit him without eating shit.
>>
>>335932713
This.

I actually thought the 1st phase was way harder than the 2nd phase. His scimtar and spear movesets in the 1st phase was a massive pain. I still don't know how to roll through his scimtar combos.
>>
>>335933419
Yeah I don't get why people say they're shit. The atmosphere was great and the soundtrack is up there. It was a mob fight done well.
>>
>>335933679
keep fighting the way you did, all you will get from asking on /v/ is people saying he's easy and they killed him in their first try while they swing their straightsword around.
>>
>>335933401
Even Hackazaki admitted it was a mistake to make Gwyn parryable
>>
>>335933679
Which weapon are you using? I found him pretty easy dual-handing a mace and just rolling behind him and hitting him when I could.

>>335933746
I kept my distance during the scimitar phase seen as though I couldn't hit him in any openings.
>>
>>335933746
Agreed. The only thing he has going for him in the second phase is his five hit murder combo. Everything else is slow and punishable, and he has significantly less health than his first phase.
>>
>>335933794
>>335933419
It's because people think a boss fight is only good if it's LE HARDCORE XDDD
>>
>>335933401
>Can be parried
>>
>>335933679
I almost feel bad because i never died for Gundyr. I summoned the katana npc but i didn't knew there was a boss after, just out of curiosity since it was that guy you killed in Firelink. So i ended up having no trouble with Gundyr. Was still fun.
>>
>>335933679
You can circle strafe the Champ. Not even joking. Just make sure to roll or block his kicks and the fight becomes monumentally easier.
>>
>>335933679
You know when he does the uppercut and then shoulder slam? That's an opening. I also find the kick to be an opening in itself.
>>
>>335933679
If you have a quicker weapon, he's really not bad as long as you aren't greedy and pick your spots. He was a nightmare when I tried to use my Farron Greatsword, though.
>>
>Nameless King
Have not reached

>Soul of Cinder

>Champion Gundyr
Beat in 2 tries
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
As above
>Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
Three tries
>Dragon Slayer Armor
Two tries
>Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Two tries
>Abyss Watchers
4 tries
>Yhorm the Giant
As above, took a while to work out the gimmick

>Lothric, Younger Prince
Have not reached it

>Oceiros, the Consumed King
First try

>High Lord Wolnir
As above

>Vordt of the Boreal Valley
As above

>Iudex Gundyr
As above

>Curse-Rotted Greatwood
5 tries. Bed of Chaos 2.0

>Old Demon King
2 tries

>Ancient Wyvern
Have not reached

>Crystal Sage
2 tries

>Deacons of the Deep
1 try
>>
>>335934124
u r so cool.
>>
>>335918623
I'm sorry but Champion Gundam was not that much of a great deal to me. I lost to him once and it never happened again. It was that launch-kick combo that got me but other than that, he was just Iudex (it is pronounced YOO-DEX, right? I don't talk to people abouit games but on the off chance I do I'd like to know) Gundam
>>
>>335934124
grats man
>>
>>335918623
Ranking shit is stupid.
>Nameless King
Chore
>Soul of Cinder
It's alright
>Champion Gundyr
Pretty good
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
Pretty good
>Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
Meh
>Dragon Slayer Armor
Meh
Great
>Abyss Watchers
Garbage
>Yhorm the Giant
Gimmick
>Lothric, Younger Prince
Great
>Oceiros, the Consumed King
Garbage
>High Lord Wolnir
Gimmick
>Vordt of the Boreal Valley
Rehash
>Iudex Gundyr
Tutorial
>Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Gimmick
>Old Demon King
Meh
>Ancient Wyvern
Gimmick
>Crystal Sage
Meh
>Deacons of the Deep
Garbage
>>
>>335934124
Please fuck my bitch
>>
>>335933672
He does throw sunlight spears sorcery/miracle at you though,play the games please
>>
>>335928297
Projectile spam + stunlock.
>>
>>335934074
Yeah I pretty much wrecked him with yhorm's great machete by baiting his kick, stepping back like 2 feet, and hitting him while he whiffed it every single time.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
I'm still playing DS1. It's my first souls game though I've played monster hunter before.

On my first try I killed ornstein and got smough down to about 1/3 health. Are these guys really not as difficult as people say they are, did I git gud, or did summoning solaire really help that much?
>>
>>335932806
yea i got the 'grab the weapon and use ts weapon art' right off the bat thanks to a message, but i still ended up rolling around the boss for an hour because i didn't know you had to fully charge the art for it to work, or even that you could charge it.

stylistically fine encounter but very shoddily executed.
>>
>>335934124
I'm pretty much the same, I'm honestly kind of confused at how people are so bad at this game.
>>
>>335918623
>there are bosses worse than Iudex Gundyr
how is this possible? He literally dies in six hits.
>>
>>335934664
>summoning
Kys
Gys
>>
>>335934459
>reading comprehension
>>
>>335932713
>Also him acting like Gwyn makes sense. Did you even read his lore?

>music that plays is soft piano 2g1c Gwyn on top
>does the super jumping attack like Gwyn
>does the grab like Gwyn
Yeah, totally not like Gwyn. Chosen Undead gained Gwyn's soul and became him and everyone else who linked the flame
>>
>>335934806
>he doesn't throw lightning
>but he does,here's the specific name of the attack he uses
>reading comprehension
Another quality /v/ discussion
>>
>>335934664
Summoning makes every Soulsborne game easy. Summoning NPC isn't as bad as summoning another player but it inevitably does make it easier. None of the boss AI is smart enough to deal with two different people.
>>
>>335934664
summoning helps a lot, it draws aggro so you can heal or do damage. also if you summon, even if its an npc then no, you did not "git gud"
>>
>>335934812
>>335932713
forgive my retardation, I need sleep and completely misread what you tried to say
don't care if we're anonymous, I legitimately made a mistake and look like an ass
>>
I'm only at the profaned capital now but so far the bosses were disappointing

everyone on here hyped up pontiff and the abyss watchers but literally all it took to beat them was constant rolling and r1 during their long ass recovery animations and were really easy to kill

though I admit that in terms of overall design, music, movesets and atmosphere they're some of the best bosses I've ever seen
>>
>>335934894
Which boss are you talking about now? SoC or Gwyn?
>>
>>335934790
>>335934904
>>335934975
Ok, I'll try fighting them without solaire and see how it compares.
>>
>>335935084
Bosses in this game get staggered too easily, this is the biggest issue that makes all those "did it on my first try" posts possible.
>>
>>335935084
I'm starting to get the feeling that we're all just so used to the formula by now that there really isn't anything they can do to pump out new, unique, and legitimately challenging bosses without making them bullshit. If DS3 was your first souls game, it would still wreck you like no other, but the luster is just gone now and it's almost another day at the office at this point.

It really is the best time to retire the franchise or at least put it on hold.
>>
>>335935086
My bad,Gwyn doesn't use lightning attacks
But all the rest of the moves , Soul of Cinder is a Gwyn copy ditto

Even the music hints to it
>>
>>335935198
It's basically just a game of patience because you've got two bosses constantly running at you while you backpedal. You're 100% safe from damage, and the fight entirely boils down to whether or not you picked a good time to attack.

I wouldn't say it's particularly hard, but having to account for the timings of two separate constantly aggressive bosses wasn't something people were used to.
>>
Giving out ds3 keys http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011765098/
>>
>>335929889
It has it's moments. My friend is great at giant monsters so he struggled HARD on duel bosses. I have the opposite issue. We both got rekt by the final boss of the DLC though, Fire reskin nonwithstanding
>>
>>335935635
I already have it on the platform where It's actually meant to be played
>>
>>335934664
summoning makes O&S a joke

the main difficulty was always having to deal with two faggots at once, though powered-up ornstein can be kind of bullshit
>>
File: 1425505155848.gif (354 KB, 328x400) Image search: [Google]
1425505155848.gif
354 KB, 328x400
What's the title of the main character in this game? Just the Chosen Undead again?
>>
>>335936286
Champion of Ash/Unkindled/Ashen One.
>>
>>335935327
this
I can easily imagine all the dark sword and revan armor shitters r1 spamming all bosses into oblivion and complaining about how easy it is
>>
>>335936286
Unkindled One
Champion of Ash
Ashen One
>>
I don't see the appeal of Nameless King. Sure it has a cool stage, but the fight itself is nothing special and 7/10 difficulty at best. I honestly had a much harder time with SoC because I got caught by that combo shit a few times and in light armour it pretty much one shots you. I'd say Champ Gundyr is the most fun fight because of his unrelenting fight style, or maybe Watchers mostly just because of the music and unusual attacks.
>>
File: 1461805921124.jpg (82 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1461805921124.jpg
82 KB, 550x413
>>335935084
>pontiff
>long ass recovery animations

???

nigga only has like two punishable attacks in his first phase
>>
>>335918623
Power ranking based on lore

>Soul of Cinder
>Nameless King
>Yhorm the Giant
>Ancient Wwyvern
>Aldritch, Devourer of Gods
>Abyss Watchers
>Dragon Slayer Armor
>Champion Gundyr
>Twin princes
>Pontiff Sully
>Ocerios
>High lord Wolnir
>Vordt
>Old Demon King
>Curse rotted great wood
>Ludex gundyr
>Crystal sages
>Deacons of the Deep

Seems abut right to me.
>>
>>335935084
/v/ is VERY bad at video games, generally. I'm loving this game but the difficulty is meh if you've played the series before.
>>
>>335936619
Pontiff has the best lore though.

Instead of rehashing old shit he's an original rape machine who made everybody his bitch
>>
WHY THE FUCK CAN HAVEL FAST ROLL
>>
>>335936758
throwback to DaS1
>>
>>335936480
People like him because he AAAAAAnimEEEEEE
>>
Most of the bosses fucked me up multiple times till I realized how great ember is. Nameless King only took half my health instead of 2/3 so I actually wasn't healing the whole time and could beat him pretty fast. Likewise with any other. Abyss Watchers were hard as shit though.
>>
>>335936734
Im ranking based on in universe power, not how much of a meme machine any character is.

Pontiff is indeed the best boss lore wise just because he gets shit done but he seems fairly weak to me, using Aldritch and Dancer/Vordt as his real enforcers.
>>
>>335918623
Gundyr is not hard.
>>
>>335936734
Can someone redirect me to some good pontiff lore ?
>>
>>335934074
if you make his kick miss then its a opening, the problem, at least for me is he does the kick sporadicly and i constantly thought i had a opening at the end of one of his combos only to eat a big boot to the mouth
>>
Gundyr is not hard
>>
>>335936841
I'm pretty sure havel fatrolled.
>>
>>335934664
>summoning
I was expecting the bait, thank you. Here's my (you).
>>
My first run was Dex/Hex

should I go for Pyromancer or Sorcerer for the 2nd run?
>>
>>335936202
powered up ornstein is easier than powered up smough, in my experience

I always went after ornstein because fuck smough's snowshoveling bullshit
>>
>>335930676
It doesn't really. I grabbed two points in intelligence from base Mercenary and with the deep ring I've been comfortable with Carthus flame arc and fire orb. I guess full Pyromancer would need more but dabbling is fun
>>
>>335938994
see
>>335935198
>>
>soul of cinder gets the ninja flips
>you don't
fuck, i miss that stupid ring
the carthus bloodring is just not the same
>>
Did anyone feel bad fighting Oceiros?
I died the first time after the second phase but he seems to lash out more than actively hunt you down. Felt kinda sad.
>>
>>335918623
everyone hating on the Deacons.

Easily one of my favourite bosses. Unique, flavorful, fun to fight, and a good atmosphere.
>>
Man I really don't get the timings on nameless king/ king of the storm

I haven't even gotten to his second phase yet
>>
>>335939129
Smough is the same as before, just roll into the shovel. Ornie's too damn tall, can't see shit. Doesn't spend as long recovering after swings either, and I can't ever fucking dodge his grab.
>>
>>335940125
Well enjoy it. The 2nd phase is nothing but those delayed baseball swings. At least he only has like three moves he can do.
>>
>>335940703
I fought orns without locking on

Everything except the buttslam can be avoided by rolling into him

Just assume the giant circumcision position and you're fine
>>
Every boss in DS3 is just some humanoid with a big weapon or two and generic horizontal slash x2 vertical slash x1 + lunge attack, pure garbo

DS2 will always be the best in the series.
>>
>>335940908
not subtle enough
>>
>>335941054
It's not bait, it's the truth. I'm not saying DS2 didn't have generic humanoid with big weapons, but it at least had OTHER types of bosses as well. DS3 has _none_ that are real fights (aka not hit the weak spot gimmicks). Even the fucking second "dog" boss is a person running around on all 4s.
>>
File: DEACONS OF THE DEEP.jpg (130 KB, 554x276) Image search: [Google]
DEACONS OF THE DEEP.jpg
130 KB, 554x276
deacons were one of my favorite fights
>>
You've literally just put them in order of difficulty, and that is far from a good way of deciding
>>
>>335941502
And they're the best fights. Princes, THE CHAMP, Dancer, Pontiff, Watchers and Gwyn 2.0 are the best in the game. Was the same way in 1. The only halfway enjoyable ones in 2 were, too.
>>
File: Why.png (98 KB, 242x346) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
98 KB, 242x346
>>335941532
How? They are so boring
>>
>>335941851
music?
>>
>>335941851
Going into the room and seeing a horde of fat/tall/medium pope looking dudes made my day

that and watching hosts get one shot by the dark magic was great
>>
>>335918623
For some reason I died most at Aldrich and Dragonslayer Armour. A bit emberassed,
>Aldrich was easy but his second phase raped me each time because he launched his rain of dildo arrows and fired fucking three arrows at me so that I simply hadn't any stamina left to avoid at least one of them, so hit followed by arrows instantly killed me
>Armour recked me until I figured out he responds to R1 attacks, bascially one hit from him was followed by comboing me to death
>>
>>335918623
>yhorm above anything
Literally retarded.
>>
>>335942004
This too
>>
I just don't understand why DS2 gets so much shit for having "generic humanoid with big weapon" for bosses but DS3 gets a free pass now.

At least DS2 had Darklurker, Demon of Song, Executioner's Chariot, Guardian Dragon, Old Iron King, Skeleton Lords and The Duke's Dear Freja IN ADDITION to all of its "generic humanoid with big weapon" fights.

DS3 has Oceiros and argubably Deacons but that's sort of a half-gimmick fight.
>>
>all these shitters who rank pontiff so high

Holy fuck learn to parry
>>
>>335934664
So thats what's missing for the Dragonslayer/Ornstein armor. That little red hair thing (forgot what it's called) on its head.
>>
>>335942484
>Darklurker,
Dies in 2 hits by the time you've met the ridiculous requirements to even fight him.
>Demon of Song, Guardian Dragon, Old Iron King, Skeleton Lords
Completely trivial, have like 2 moves combined. Skellies had a nice tune though.
>Executioner's Chariot,
puzzle fight, not bed of chaos tier, but about as much of a fight as that dragon in 3
>The Duke's Dear Freja
A test on your stock of repair powder.

They're all boring as shit is the problem. The only ones with a speck of atmosphere are total pushovers like mirror knight, velstadt or ivory king.
>>
>>335942935
>tfw parrying the champ and the host goes for a riposte instead of us both, or usually all 3, wailing at him
I just leap off the cliff when that happens.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-13-15h34m26s175.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-13-15h34m26s175.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>People don't put High Lord DUDEMAN420 dead last

It's literally hit three bracelets and you win. Even the Decans Gank Squad put up more of a fight besides nauseous gassy skeleton fumes.
>>
>>335918623
The two easiest bosses in game are the top two ranked. Not even shocking by the "git gud" crowd.
>>
>>335942948
I mean if their easiness is the deciding factor on whether a boss is considered a boss, DS3 basically has no bosses at all...
>>
>>335941851
Not him but as a Dynasty Warrior fan I enjoyed cleaving through ass holes.

>Tfw throwing up a summon sign for Deacons just to fight them again
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.