[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here actually beaten I Wanna Be The Guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: iwbtgadifficultpath.png (47 KB, 790x589) Image search: [Google]
iwbtgadifficultpath.png
47 KB, 790x589
Has anybody here actually beaten I Wanna Be The Guy?
>>
>>335916978
No, but why bother playing it?
It's not a hard game, just an exercise in patience.
>>
>>335917414
Why do you play any game? They're not hard. They're just exercises in patience.
I'll bet you don't have a single example of what a hard game and legitimate difficulty is
>>
Fuck no. I love difficult games, but IWBTG was intentionally made to be irrationally hard as part of the joke. If I'm going to put inti into gitting gud at a game, I want it to be a fair challenge
>>
>>335918306

>I'll bet you don't have a single example of what a hard game and legitimate difficulty is

Do you?
>>
>>335916978
Yes. IWBTG isn't even that hard when you're already experienced with actual platforming. It being "extremely" difficult is just a meme. Most of your deaths will be to trial and error or gags.

Being the Guy is easy for anybody to do with patience, beating I Wanna be the Boshy is actually impressive.
>>
I beat it in high school and a bunch of people watched. Nowadays it's no big deal but back then it was considered impressive.
>>
>>335916978
Yes. Most of the game is pretty easy, just die a few times and youre golden. The problem is a few of the bosses that are total bullshit. The wily/bowser fight i recall gave me more trouble than anything
>>
>>335919308
That shut him up.
>>
I wasted an hour or two and progressed fairly far for that amount of time but then got bored, it's just some cheap uncreative platformer, don't see any reason to play it, bullshit difficulty is the only thing going in this game but challenge without reward isn't worth it and completition of such questionable game is hardly a reward. If I ever want some hard platformer again I'll play some meatboy or whatnot, at least it's fun.
>>
IWBTG is just le ebin trole

play fangames
>>
>>335919308
>Do you?
Dark Souls
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 768x573) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 768x573
>>335920297
>>
>>335920297
Fuck off.
>>
boshy is harder
>>
IWBTG isn't a hard game, it's a cheap one. It was designed to dick you over.
>>
I did
Took me like a month
>>
>>335919405
agreed, iwbtg has too many "cheap" deaths that you couldn't know about without making it that far before.
>>
>>335920702
Once you know all the shit in a room that's gonna surprise you it's still hard though
Especially the bosses, besides Mecha-Birdo
>>
>>335920837
>Once you know all the shit in a room that's gonna surprise you it's still hard though

I can't believe I share a board with casuals.
>>
it's fucking shit just because it crashes constantly and even the creator knows about it to the point where he put the error report window in the game
>>
>>335920928
The controls are shit and everything one-shots you
It's not impossible but it's far from being an easy game.
>>
>>335916978
Twice yeah

Wings of VI twice too
>>
>>335921121
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
If you want an IWBTG with telegraphing and fair (but still absolutely brutal) difficulty check out Wings of Vi, it's made by the same guy who did Boshy (Solgryn), don't expect to beat it with sub 2000 deaths though.
>>
>>335921218
Is pretending that IWBTG is super difficult ironic shitposting?

At least play more than 30 platformers lad.
>>
>>335916978
I did. Iwbtb kicked my butt tho
>>
>I Wanna Be The Guy
>hard

if i were on my computer i'd dump my smug anime girl folder

at least iwbtb was actually difficult even outside of its jokes and gags
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
> I wanna be the guy
> Not I wanna Kill the guy or I wanna be the boshy

You disappoint me sometimes, /v/
>>
File: inlove.gif (18 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
inlove.gif
18 KB, 256x192
>>335921223
Wings of Vi is amazing, i also advise you this one game. Solgryn has finished with this one tho, he's actually making another game already! So yeah, oh and he's a pretty nice guy. He deserves our money.
>>
>>335920297
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
>>
>>335916978
I beat it first try no deaths
>>
>>335921785
What's this about a new game? I looked a little into it and all I could find was him saying he was working on something new in Unity.

Got any more details?
>>
>>335919931
It was cute when it came out, referencing old games hadn't been done to death yet.
>>
File: 1433378874197.png (916 KB, 1102x1839) Image search: [Google]
1433378874197.png
916 KB, 1102x1839
>>335921223
I got it on my wishlist, waiting for a worthwhile discount.
However, I'm mainly interested because tits and the style so I'm concerned I might be going into a rougher ride than I'd be otherwise be willing to.
>>
>>335921575
>>335921571
>>335919405
I had never heard of that game.
it looks absolutely brutal, but not fun.
>>
>>335918306
Space station 13
>>
>>335924194
I bet u main shaft miner fagget
>>
>>335920297
phantom RetardedAnon summonned
>>
Memorization is a valid type of difficulty. Just because you don't like it or you're not good at it does not make it "cheap" or "artificial". All games are artificially difficult by nature of being man made. The only difference is how they've been made difficult.

Even games like Dark Souls that seem largely skill and reflex based depend quite bit on memory. You die several times to a boss, but in doing so learn its moves and its tells, so you know what's coming. Virtually every game does this and it's all memorization. What makes stage memorization any different?
>>
>>335924735
For me "artificial difficulty" means that you're completely unable to beat a section without first dying to it to get the insight on how to beat it in the first place of which IWBTG definitely applies, because a lot of those situations aren't telegraphed at all, it's basically just stepping on a "you're dead" trigger., telegraphing is the key word here, you may not be able to beat a boss in Dark Souls on your first go, but he telegraphed his moveset to you, you knew "something" was going to happen, you may just not have been able to react fast or approriately enough.

However it's become a meme term that anyone just applies to whatever game is outside of their comfort zone in terms of difficulty so it's fucking useless, besides even if IWBTG is artificially difficult, so fucking what, you're supposed to enjoy it exactly because of those slapstick moments where something just kills you out of nowhere and then laugh it off.
>>
File: 8598-pp69kvw9.jpg (127 KB, 950x248) Image search: [Google]
8598-pp69kvw9.jpg
127 KB, 950x248
Almost, I was like 70-80% done, but I beat IWBTG Gaiden.

Stage 2 with Power plant theme from Bionic Commando was eargasm.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.