[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: whatdidhemean.jpg (68 KB, 478x401) Image search: [Google]
whatdidhemean.jpg
68 KB, 478x401
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>335909627
doesn't matter what they intended to mean, it wouldn't hold up in a EU court and if you're living in ameristan you've got way more problems to think about other than developers fucking you over.
>>
>>335909627
he meant
>>
>>335909627
he meant the same thing as Ion Storm when they wrote the exact same thing on the manual of your Deus Ex copy.
>>
>>335910079
This desu. UELAs never hold up in court since you are forced to agree with them after you've already bought the game. They have no legal merit at all.
>>
>>335909627
He meant that if you try to roleplay as a nazi in a fucking WW2 game they have the right to revoke your "license"
>>
>>335910747
So you defend paying full sticker price for what amounts to a rental of the game's properties rather than ownership of a product?
>>
>>335910891
You own the license to use the product. You don't own the product, it's two completely different things in legal terms.
>>
>>335911007
But the question was whether you believe this is morally acceptable to you as a consumer. Would you rather hold license to a product, or hold the product itself?
>>
>>335911186
No, it isn't acceptable.

But since an EULA does not hold in european court or in my country's, if that's the case, and I'm not American, I really don't care about EULAs.

They could make me sign a paper that said they're entitled to fuck me in the ass while charging me 10€ every day, that paper would never hold up to anything.
>>
>>335909627
>eula
he meant it doesnt matter
>>
>>335909627
It has always been like this for every game and software in history. Just because you own a cartridge or disc a game is on doesn't mean it belogs to you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.