[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best game ever. Completely flawless in every way. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: black-ops.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
black-ops.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
Best game ever. Completely flawless in every way. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1296273264030.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1296273264030.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
well I just sold my copy after having loved AW.
>>
>Completely flawless in every way.
Come on man, it might be good but no game is flawless.
Weapons stuck behind black market crates is a big flaw.
>>
>>335903884
>Loved aw
Muh nigga

Please may they bring the xmg back.
>>
>>335902497
Halo jumping faggotry

>>335903884
>>335903997
Fuck how old are you guys? I sold the piece of shiw that is AW litterally the day after it came out.
>>
>>335903997
I loved that gun to.
Its a shame the camos were a tiny square and not the whole gun.
>>
>>335902497
>zombies
absolute garbage, they added so much useless bloat. It was better when it was just a wave based shooter
>campaign
absolute trash. the concept and story is good, but its all hidden in codex shit that you get through collectibles. the actual narrative is terrible. gameplay is bulletspongey shit unless you play with others in coop. DNI hud is disgusting, but you are forced to pretty much constantly have it on.
>multiplayer
easily the best in years, would be right up there with mw2 and blops 1, sadly there are only a handful of good maps. No one ever votes metro, breach havoc or exodus for a good reason, they are terrible.
>>
>>335903884
>well i just sold my copy
what the fuck?
>-having loved AW
oh, i get it now, you're a fucking retarded pleb faggot.
>>
>>335904103
>muh realism
>in fucking cod

Fuck off to csgo or arma and never return. AW was the first cod ive managed to enjoy since modwarfare 1.
It wasnt afraid of embracing what cod should be, an unrealistic arcade fps. Had more fun with the gimmicky weapons aw introduced then i had with the entire roster of weaponry from previous games.

Should they bring back waw yes off course they should, but neither should every game be a brown sea of shit pretending its realistic.
>>
>>335904551
lmao who the fuck said anything about realism? AW is fucking garbage. Awful movement mechanics, most boring maps of the entire franchise, terrible scorestreaks.
>>
>>335904551
>gimmicky weapons
God no half of them were garbage.
That explosive sniper was 10/10 shit.
The auto laser was okay but the tap fire one was 10/10 garbage.
The forced akimbo weapons were annoying with the XMG being decent due to lockdown.
The RPG that followed your cursor was weak and stupid when the last one was 10 times better.
The ATLAS was the only real good gimmick weapon because it was great getting fags tear after hardscoping them
>>
>>335904639
Black ops improved on the movement mechanics i agree with. And some of the maps were terrible.

Honestly it felt like sledgehammer gets shit on because theyre the company that has to test all the new ideas good and bad, for treyarch and infinity to improve upon.
>>
>>335904845
The explosive sniper wernt that bad. But i agree with you the emp3 and guided smaw were god awful
>>
>>335902497
No barebones
>>
>>335904987
I gave up on the sniper when I tried to get it Royal.
Using that gun without the explosive range up perk was a nightmare. Longshots where shit to because it was head shots only. It was also really restricted to maps were you could easily jump and shot below you when you saw someone.
>>
>>335902497
>quick scoping is back now after not being present at launch
>all maps designed with a three lane esport style
>maps are too small and often have too many choke points in central areas, leading to a better team spawn trapping the weaker team for a majority of the match
>gun balance is crap
>loot crates for guns
>two hit kill melees
>maps don't take advantage of movement system
>no one wanted a MOBA
>>
File: AW action.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
AW action.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>335902497
>>335904121
>>multiplayer
>easily the best in years
Gross. TTK is too low. Every map is fucking atrocious because of the 3-lane design.

>hit flinch with no fix-it perk
>"competitive"

>perks that literally give the direction of nearby players on the minimap
>perks that literally show recent footprints glowing on the ground
>jetpack shows on the minimap without a perk
>UAV and Ghost still a thing, even on these tiny maps
>mobility beyond the archaic limitations, like hip-firing and tossing equipment and grenades while sprinting, requires a perk
>still movement silencing perks, effectively removing the benefit of crouching (and strategy)
>wallhack perk -- glowing equipment
>OP tactical grenades without Tac Mask

>maps too small to give shotguns realistic range
>maps too small to have more than 2 main spawn points.. so gameplay is predictable, overly grouped up, and potentially without any action if you're behind the back-and-forth or camping-the-middle gameplay (plausibly even getting spawned behind), so much so that most gameplay is the teams sitting still on their side and ADSing across the middle

>[prone blocked]

>>335903884
>>335903997
>there are criticisms against AW's mobility
At least it's dodging and not this parabolic tripe like Tribe's. At least there are more options from the ground than just double jumping.
>>
>>335905259
I agree with you on most parts, but the shotgun one. They're still beastly on most maps.
>>
I only really play it for zombies, but multiplayer isn't bad.
>>
File: bait.webm (3 MB, 1075x600) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
3 MB, 1075x600
>>
>>335905259
A lot of those hating are true but AW had them as well.

And CoD's TTK has always been low, its so causal shitter can get the odd kill and feel good.
>>
>>335905728
AW is a more competitive game. It's also more fun and way better designed in all -- maps, mobility, and TTK/gunplay..
>>
>>335905902
>TTK/gunplay
No way. Its still an SMG fest where everyone dies just as fast as they do in BO3. Plus the face that the good guns are locked being some random chance shit you can't even buy out . At least in BO3 there isn't any OP guns locked behind crates.
Well there never used to be anyway.

>TK/gunplay..
I really dislliked the way the dodging worked, it felt to instant? for me.
Either way it was definitely more mobile

>>335905902
>way better designed in maps
Not really. It had just as many good maps and shit maps. I'd say AW has more better maps. But is no where near as saying that it's maps were some amazing feats of map design. They were just a very little bit better on some.
My only criticism is that the maps were to upwards at times. Making it them to king of the hill like where the guy on top has way to much of an advantage and bad spawns make it worse. Like that shit one with the prison in the middle.
But BO3's style of 'lets make everything upwards unreachable due to invisible barriers' is even worse.
>>
>>335906535
>At least in BO3 there isn't any OP guns locked behind crates.
There very much is.

>Its still an SMG fest where everyone dies just as fast as they do in BO3.
I'm sure the opposite could be proven with the game's stat sheets, but I have no interest or game-affecting reason to check that. If you're 3A and would like to admit that the TTK is too low in contrast with other games within the series, then that would be more intriguing.

>>way better designed in maps
>Not really
Welcome to 4chan, where replies aren't actually based on reason.

3 lane map design can't function in this type of game. AW has square and rectangle type maps that allow fluid movement around the map, not just through the middle like Blops 3 (where everything converges from the only 2 places to spawn).

So, "too upwards" is nothing vs. this.
>>
>>335907492
games'*
>>
>>335902497
>weapons in black market
>disconnect from server and get kicked out to title screen every other match
>awful matchmaking
>black market
>ammo crates after every room in campaign
>boring campaign
>>
Game was perfect before nuketown got added to the rotation and p2w bullshit was added.
>>
>>335907838
So the disconnection issues are on their part? I've been playing BLOPS 2 and get annoying disconnection issues every match.
>>
>>335902497
never played it. 2 is alright, but still not as good as cod or even mw2
>>
>>335908309
Indeed, their servers can't handle the truth
>>
>Tfw can't understand the plot
>>
First CoD I truly love since CoD2 but it's not flawless.
Weapons in black market is not that big of a problem but surely not perfect and yeah I love all the maps but spawn points are fucked.
>>
>>335909459
>i love the maps, but there's legitimately no way the maps could ever be fixed because they're so small and 2-sided
>>
Op here, was basically just trolling with the "completely flawless, it obviously has some problems like p2w weapons or shitty servers. But for core gameplay it's easily my favorite cod so far, bo2 second.
>>
File: Titanfall - Death From Above.jpg (339 KB, 1188x668) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall - Death From Above.jpg
339 KB, 1188x668
>>335902497
>wallrunning
>double jumping
>futuristic setting

hmm.. didn't this game already come out two years earlier?
>>
Just like AW it includes jetpacks which ruins the feel of the game. CoD having grounded movement is the best.

Promod > AW/BO3
>>
>>335908965
With how much profit they make you'd think they'd at least try to fix a few server problems.
>>
>>335910187
Titanfall is leagues better than COD in terms of gunplay and movement. To bad it lacks so much. Hopefully they give us more to work with in 2.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.