[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good cartoon based licence game you remember playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 14
What's a good cartoon based licence game you remember playing?
>>
File: 38521_front.jpg (81 KB, 640x643) Image search: [Google]
38521_front.jpg
81 KB, 640x643
>>335902192
>>
File: animaniacs-03.png (192 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
animaniacs-03.png
192 KB, 640x480
>>335902192

Fucking love Buster Bursts Loose.

Tiny Toon Adventures for NES and Buster's Hidden Treasure for Genesis are also amazing.

Animaniacs on SNES is also one of my favorites, also by Konami. Haven't played the Genesis game though (it's a completely different game)

>tfw pic related could not happen in today's media without people bitching about sexism and stuff
>>
File: 600px-Looney_Tunes_Space_Race.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-Looney_Tunes_Space_Race.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>335902192
>>
>>335902283
I fucking hate the crazy castle series

I remember buying 3 for my game boy and being disappointed as fuck that it wasn't a cool platformer as everything on the box suggested.

Luckily my brother loved it, for some strange reason.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
I should go back and see how much worse this is than I remember it being.
My only regret is not beating the final boss because playing on a keyboard made it impossible to aim at the correct spots in one part of the fight.
>>
File: sheepdognwolf01_6673.jpg (15 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
sheepdognwolf01_6673.jpg
15 KB, 200x280
>>335902192
It's basically a puzzle platformer. In each level, you have to figure out a way to bypass the dog and carry one of the sheep to the goal. The tools you get are what you would expect from the show, things like elastic rope, remote controlled robot, ghost suit, cabbage
>>
File: coleco_colecovision_ss_smurf_1.jpg (45 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
coleco_colecovision_ss_smurf_1.jpg
45 KB, 500x345
Yeah, it may look and play like shit now, but back in 1982, this game's graphics were impressive.
Also the gameplay wasn't actually that bad considering it's one of the very earliest side-scrolling platformers.
>>
>>335903295
Fuck this game was amazing. Maybe I'm wrong but I remember it being super fun back when I had this, just going ham and destroying everything.
>>
>>335903483
played it back in school when the teacher brought it in, was the skull the final thing to complete the game? thats how far I remember getting to.
>>
>>335903830

Yeah, that fucking skull.

I think the game just kept looping and became maybe harder each time, the way arcade-like games were back then, I don't think it had a proper ending, but yeah it was a short game and the skull was the hardest part, the "final boss" so to speak.
>>
Hamtaro for GBA
>>
File: 600full-quackshot-cover.jpg (459 KB, 600x869) Image search: [Google]
600full-quackshot-cover.jpg
459 KB, 600x869
It's a shame that Ducktales is fondly remembered but this fell into obscurity. GOAT megadrive game
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1274x1108) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1274x1108
Shit game good music
>>
>>335905145
This game was fucking fantastic.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 620x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 620x439
>>
>>335902192
There was a Donald Duck game on Genesis where you shot plungers or something.
It was a lot like a Metroidvania/DuckTales(NES) hybrid.

Had to get upgrades and revisit previous stages so you could explore more.
>>
>>335905226
Was just about to post this gem. Good taste bro.
>>
File: quackshot dracula.jpg (13 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
quackshot dracula.jpg
13 KB, 300x225
>>335905145

I don't think Quackshot fell into obscurity, it's more that Sega probably isn't as good as Capcom handling their Disney stuff (although they did that one Castle of Illusion remake years back).

But yeah, Quackshot is amazing. I remember beating it as a kid, it was the first game that felt complex to me (it wasn't just go to point A to point B, there was backtracking and puzzle solving), so I was proud of myself.

The soundtrack is also memorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNgZrh10klM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ZJdThvPsE
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 474x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 474x346
>>
>>335902192
Tiny Toons on NES and Duck Tales, obviously. I played a lot of The Lion King on Genesis. It was... okay. A surprisingly good game was Snoopy Tennis on the GBC. I liked it better than Mario Tennis for the GBC. For more recent stuff, Transformers Devastation was great, and Astro Boy: Omega Factor is one of my all-time favorite GBA games.

>>335902396
>Haven't played the Genesis game though (it's a completely different game)
It's pretty shit. Sprite animation is good, but the levels are boring and not always intuitive. Not the hardest shit around, and the controls are decent enough, but... eh.
>>
File: AstroBoyOmegaFactor2.gif (490 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
AstroBoyOmegaFactor2.gif
490 KB, 500x544
>>335906072
>Astro Boy: Omega Factor is one of my all-time favorite GBA games.

My nigguh. One of the greatest licensed games ever made IMO; also you can tell the devs had true love for Astro Boy and Tezuka's works.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.