[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly think this was the most fun MMO I've ever played.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: rune full.png (11 KB, 90x152) Image search: [Google]
rune full.png
11 KB, 90x152
I honestly think this was the most fun MMO I've ever played.
>>
File: Wine_of_Zamorak_detail.png (99 KB, 315x382) Image search: [Google]
Wine_of_Zamorak_detail.png
99 KB, 315x382
Hello good Sir! Would you be interested in making some profit? I just need some help, come this way!

See this wine on the table? I need it for reasons. Why don't you just pick it up and I'll pay you handsomely for it! I'll just wait here by the door..!
>>
>>335898447
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM. PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE YOUR STOLEN GOODS ARE NOW FORFEIT
>>
>RS2
>fun

Classic was the only time the game was good.
>>
>>335898228
I think this may be the game with the most diverse and fun quests ever, also those fucking horrible graphics are charming i can't understand why

Also
>grinding done right
>>
>>335898519
wrong game senpai
>>
Yeah this was the last game I think I've played which was an mmo driven by the playerbase.
>>
>>335899505
The non-combat portions of the game is what really made this game great.

>play Runescape
>chill and skill

>play other MMOs
>kill a billion monsters, kill more
>>
Just started playing again on RS3, at first I thought it was total garbage and intolerable, but then I figured out about all the legacy options
The reason I'm not just playing oldschool is that I figured out that if you set the graphics settings just right then set to full screen with the intentionally low resolution the game looks exactly like the graphics from the old guide books and concept art from ~2005.
>>
>>335899961
I don't have a problem with RS3 except for the fact that PVP means nothing and items are really easy to get. There is almost no reason to PVP in RS3

I love how RS3 picks up quest lines and is more lore-friendly than RS2, also:

>action bar
I can't get behind this, even if they let you use the old-style combat it still bothers me and i cannot see this as anything else but a WoW clone
>>
>Babbys first game
Of course you thought this game was fun, it was your first ever MMO experience.
>>
File: Serious_Love_rs.png (4 MB, 1915x1079) Image search: [Google]
Serious_Love_rs.png
4 MB, 1915x1079
>>335899961
forgot pic related
>>335900203
I completely understand man, but I just go full legacy and live in my own little world for the most part
>>
>>335900203
>I love how RS3 picks up quest lines and is more lore-friendly than RS2
>killing off gods and fucking up many other basic things is lore friendly

Nah fuck you. I will admit the new quests look tempting as fuck but I'm not going to level from 1 just to do them all.
tfw the stupid retards on the OSRS team will never bring the rs3 quests to us
>>
>>335900392
This game still holds up anon, they had enough audience to release the old version with the horrible graphics

I've played lots of MMOs and this is one of the few ones that stands out for me because it was different and it gave you a lot of things to do

>>335900714
I think the OSRS team wants to take the quest lines into another direction from RS3 and not make them copy and paste

Also, the only quest line i've seen that is completed and i liked it was the Vampyres quest line, do you actually kill THE gods? Or just like Graa'dor, Kree'arra, etc?
>>
>>335900854
The OSRS team copies game mechanics and content from RS3, why not the quests too?
>>
>>335900903
>copies game mechanics?
care to elaborate? i haven't played RS3 in a while so i can't tell what is from RS3 and what is original

Also, i think OSRS had said many times that they want to stay as far away from RS3 as possible, they might say that every stream "We don't want to make the game RS3", so i'm guessing that the quests and the content will differ more in the future

Is probably one of the reasons they don't want something like Dungeoneering or Stealing Creation again in OSRS because that was the start of the EoC era
>>
>>335901110
NMZ, Sagittarius warhammer, jad deuce off the top of my head.

Basically they've just been polling RS3 content under a different name and basic bitch things that really shouldn't be asked but are anyways to trick the playerbase into thinking their votes matter.
>>
>>335901361
I still want to know what sailing would've been
>>
>>335901408
Imbalanced bullshit that would probably fuck the economy like profit snek because this devteam knows nothing about game design and every "sidegrade" they make is either worthless or new BiS for ____
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.