[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hard Reset
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: in before no replies.jpg (31 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
in before no replies.jpg
31 KB, 460x215
Why is this game so fucking slow

It feels like it could have been amazing but they somehow just missed the mark by slowing the player movement down to a crawl
>>
>>335893346
i dunno senpai
>>
>>335893346

I really liked it and it was my game of the year. I never felt like I was too slow.

If you want Doom play Doom.
>>
It's a serious sam style horde shooter, not a twitch shooter like quake.
>>
>>335893346
is your framerate on point?
many games slow down instead of frameskip
ie: re4hd
test the game in gameboy resolution
last time i played this one i remember it being fairly fast
>>
>>335895383
Constant stable 60 fps. The problem aren't slowdowns, is the slow as molasses player movement
>>
>>335894407
yea maybe if you took out the horde part and replaced it with bullet sponge enemies
>>
>>335895597

Hard Reset is one of those games where it's better to play on normal difficulty. Hard difficulties change nothing except making everything a bullet sponge. Dark Messiah had the same problem.

Both games are more fun to play on lower difficulties.
>>
>>335895714
Hard difficulty kind of forces you to use the environment in your advance when possible and with the levels full of barrels, shit that blows up and electrical stuff it makes the game quite more interesting.
I'm not going to defend that it's just a raise in damage and health for enemies but it really felt more complex to me.
>>
This game was boring, their Shadow Warrior remake was a lot better.
>>
>>335893346
because they ran out of money but it only took 2 hours to beat the game, so they slowed the player down by 85%
>>
shooting two types of enemies with two types of weapons on a one type of map: the game
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.