[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's installing as a write this, /v/. It will be my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
It's installing as a write this, /v/.
It will be my first Souls game, what do I expect, what should I do, how should I approach it?
Any tips?

I let my PSN subscription lapse, is it important to have online for the game?
>>
File: 14329017166969.jpg (43 KB, 340x460) Image search: [Google]
14329017166969.jpg
43 KB, 340x460
>>335886434
>It will be my first Souls game
>>
>>335886547
I never had the consoles or a good enough PC to play prior to this. I played Bloodborne and enjoyed it, so here we are.
>>
>>335886683
DS1 runs on toasters. No excuse.
And yes, online is pretty important, since it's not limited to just multiplayer in Souls games.
Oh well, at least you won't have a chance to get give in to temptation to summon help. Not that DSIII was any harder than the previous games to begin with.
>>
>>335886434
You'll need online to summon in help for bosses if you suck which since this is your first souls game you will suck and you will die a lot.
>>
>>335886823
oh believe me it does not run on toasters m8
>>
You're going to roll around dodging everything with iframes while attacking the boss 1 time when there's an opening.

Rinse and repeat until you've cleared the game, there's nothing else to it.
>>
>>335886849
It's not so much the help side of things I'm worried about, is invading an integral part of the whole experience? I like the idea of having to constantly be on my guard for an invader.
>>
>>335886889
Stop trying to downsample it from 8k on your toaster. Then it will run just fine. You don't even have to be able to run it at 60 fps, since it's natively capped to 30.
>>
>>335887024
Invasions are fucked in DSIII. The game highly prioritizes hosts with summons in their world over solo hosts. So when you invade, you're almost guaranteed to face a 1v3 or even 1v4 gank squad.
In my 117 hours of gameplay, of which I've been exclusively playing in ember form (i.e. open for invasions) I've only got invaded around 5 times when playing solo.
>>
>>335886434
summon for all the bosses, even off line the deva put npc team members before the bosses to assist you
>>
Don't try to play it like a hack and slash, fight one enemy at a time if you can. Don't worry too much about weapons/armor and use whatever feels good.

lrn 2 dodge
>>
>>335887249
>Don't try to play it like a hack and slash
But they stripped the players and almost all enemies off poise, Bloodborne-style. R1 spam is the most effective tactic in DS3.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.