[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PCfats will defend this abomination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 3max.jpg (175 KB, 1245x700) Image search: [Google]
3max.jpg
175 KB, 1245x700
>PCfats will defend this abomination
>>
>>335885926
I'm not fat, I'm big boned!
>>
I like it for games you wouldn't play with a 360 controller. I won't try to go out of my way to make it work for Dark Souls or Dirt Rally, but it's comfy for Xcom 2 or Long Dark.
>>
>>335885926
i'm a pc player and never gave a fuck about this. what's the point of it?
>want to play fps/strategy
m+k
>want to play racing/action
controller

there's no place for that thing
>>
it's good for some games, it's bad for other games

playing STALKER and syshock 2 on the couch is definitely nice, although it makes me roleplay a physically impaired person
>>
can it replace kb+m?
like, put them in a drawer
>>
>>335886054
It's for m+k while laid back on a couch. I won't say it's as good and I won't use it for competitive games, but it has it's place.
>>
>>335886129
It's great for 4x and slower paced RTS, city builders and God games are super com comfy with it too.

To be honest half the fun of having of one is seeing what you can play with it and tweaking configurations for your personal preferences.
>>
>>335886190
for RTS on couch, I'd use wireless. Also, non-competitively.
Thinking about it, what advantage has the Steam cunt-roller compared to m+k wireless? More compact, but much fewer buttons.
>>
>>335885926
hey its the kid who has never used a steam controller here to shows you his new (You)'s he's been working on!
>>
>>335885926
Why the fuck would I? It's garbage and I don't know anyone who prefers it to an actually good controller.
>>
File: Cosmo.png (369 KB, 499x567) Image search: [Google]
Cosmo.png
369 KB, 499x567
>>335885926
It is one of the best controllers I have used for gaming. It is also the shittiest controllers I have used in gaming.
>>
File: 1435022372187.jpg (267 KB, 519x465) Image search: [Google]
1435022372187.jpg
267 KB, 519x465
>>335885926
Steam controller has grown on me when it comes to aiming with it but that d-pad can suck my dick and die.
>>
>>335885926
I'm a PCfag and I hate it.
Checkmate my friend
>>
>>335885978
>HP reference
Beautiful, it's been a while.
>>
>>335886546
these ones suck - its like the same (You)'s from every other thread. who do you think spends the most time in these - microsofts 'buy-an-xbone/360' pc division, 'ive-never-used-one-but-pretend-i-do' console kid, or the angry nintendo kid with nothing to play who's always shitposting on /v/?
my bet is:the MS division
>>
>>335885926
It works surprisingly well for couch FPS after a week or two of practice.

I got up to LE on CSGO with it.
>>
I guess I'm weird, I tried my friend's and it just felt really nice and I ordered my own almost immediately.
>>
>>335885926
Pc here. If I ever saw one of those abominations in real life i'd burn it.
>>
It's fun to use in games that require you to aim, but if you want to play competitively against people then it can fuck off. I've found it works best on shit like Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and other games where camera movement is needed but precision isn't. I also found I like it in Hack and Slash games (Grim Dawn, Victor Vran, etc.). I've yet to bother with it on a strategy game.

Overall I've pretty much replaced my Xbone controller with the steam controller. I might still bust out the bone controller for emulators though.
>>
>>335885926
Literally no one defends this though.
>>
>>335885926
I wish I had a controller as good. Instead I'm stuck with a shitty dualshock 4 because I'm a retard that bought a ps4. Not that there is anything worth playing on it.
>>
>>335885926
I've posted this in every thread. I'll always love the steam controller because I can control my computer from bed across the room. Change the Netflix, launch a game, one time I changed songs in the middle of sex. Didn't even have to take my penis out of the bitch.

It's also great for dark souls. Running/rolling/locking on with the back bumpers is nothing short of god like.
>>
After years of pc gayming mouse and keyboard bores me and is uncomfortable. I'll eagerly buy the revised controller when it comes out... many months from now ;_; Unless you're 14 you should be tapdancing at the idea of a gamepad that actually replaces mkb.
>>
>>335888125
You've never had sex.
>>
>>335885926
PC isn't a console you underage shitter, couldn't care less about this piece of shit since there are multiple controllers available to PC
>>
File: 1460152194359.jpg (17 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1460152194359.jpg
17 KB, 384x313
I used one and liked it. May pick one up.

Suck my dick.
>>
Nowhere near as good as the Xbone's Elite.
>>
I got memed into buying a bone gamepad. Was planning to play emulators while laid back but it turns out emulation is super fucky on my PC. And it turns out gamepads barely work with any PC games. All it's good for is Rocket League. Fucking piece of shit wish I bought a Steam Controller. I am not getting my money's worth unless I force myself to play 1000 hours of Rocket League.
>>
>>335888827
Your issue with the xbone controller has more to do with you being stupid than a problem with the controller itself.
>>
>>335885926
No I wont.
>>
is logitech f310 best controller???
and have anyone tried retrolink gamecube controller i just want to try it for casual gaming
>>
>>335886510
You're a fucking moron. There's not a single, comfortable position that let's you use mouse and keyboard while leaning back on a couch. If you can't see that you're delusional.
>>
>>335890472
There are k+m sets or k+touchpad sets, one board. That works, you can do shit on your laptop, can't you?
>>
>>335891004
Read my post again you idiot. Comfortable. On a couch. While leaning back. Stop being so willfully obstinate.
>>
>>335885926
Wasn't the whole point of this to appeal to console users?
>>
>>335891129
leaning back, you can still work on a laptop sitting on your fucking lap.

Read MY post again
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oxNfv5UBa8
>>
It's actually the best controller I've used for dark souls, the camera control in it is great. Other than that I haven't found many games it's good for. It's shit for CS:GO, probably only good for 3rd person games.
>>
>>335891215
I know you're a NEET and have never worked a day in your life, but working on a laptop while leaning back on your couch is never really comfortable or practical.
>>
>>335885926
No I won't. I use a DS3 for my controller needs.
>>
I just like fucking playing games with it. Why the fuck do you have a problem with that?
>>
>>335892276
Why the fuck would you work and use a steam controller at the same time? are you retarded?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.