[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /v/ do you like /vg/ ? if yes why if not then tell us why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 414141.jpg (110 KB, 530x502) Image search: [Google]
414141.jpg
110 KB, 530x502
so /v/ do you like /vg/ ?

if yes why

if not then tell us why

whats the difference with /v/ ?
>>
/vg/ - Reddit + tripfags
>>
>it's a meta thread
>>
I like vitagen
It's like /a/-lite
Stay out /v/
>>
/vg/ is a reddit containment board that leaks a lot of underage cancer into /v/, namely the lol kiddies. on top of that we have underage /a/utistic newfags polluting this board as well and it's all shit
>>
File: 1461305427573.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461305427573.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
Any generals like /srg/ where you would visit solely for the epic keks like you would for old-/sp/ or /s4s/?
>>
/vg/ is literally the reddit containment board
>>
/v/ is for quick shitposting
/vg/ is for circlejerking and drama

Neither talk about games.
Depends what you like I guess.
>>
I mostly come to /v/ for new games and because you're all idiots, which is fun so I have interest in discussions on the popular games.
Except dark souls 3, but I get that here.
>>
It depends on the game.

>game updated recently = relevant discussion
>game has been static for awhile now = fetishfags and circlejerking

See: Katawa Shoujo. I think they're past their 1000th thread? But don't get me wrong, /v/ is shit too. A lot of the relevant game discussion moved to /vg/, and now shitposting fills the void
>>
>>335884271
vitagen is a shithole
>>
File: 01071128.jpg (284 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
01071128.jpg
284 KB, 600x800
>>335884910
I'm pretty sure they made it past 3000. At this point, what do they even talk about?
>>
>>335885513

One of use should go check and find out. Not it
>>
>>335885513
>she has full legs in the third panel
>>
File: 1449031023566.gif (2 MB, 223x141) Image search: [Google]
1449031023566.gif
2 MB, 223x141
>>335884145
/v/ is like world chat while /vg/ is more like team chat. Neither one of them ever really accomplishes anything, but it's still nice to have.

/v/ is better for hearing everything, but most of the time all you hear is the other team trash talking you, and sometimes you get upset about it but most of the time you find it funny how everyone is going back and forth at it.
>>
>>335884145
/vg/ is like reddit
Good for infographics and not much else
>>
The few times I've actually gone to /vg/ to see discussions about a game it's just drama,avatarfags and circlejerks. Never once have I actually seen them talk about the actual game.
>>
/v/ is a twattershit drama, eceleb circlejerk, backseat moderators shrieking in popular game threads to stop discussing it, shitposting, occasional good vidya threads
/vg/ threads about games i like are alright when the game has anything to discuss still. After certain point it devolves into pathetic, sorry sight usually
dd was great some time after release
mhg is horrible during around new releases, great when everything calms down and people just play and banter
smtg was maximum comfy around releases, i left it during p4 milking period of nothing but persona everything turbo shmurbo 4 alpha ex 2.1
mcg is great for mod discussion and pics
vitagen is very thorough and informative on releases, insufferable shit in everything else
Can't remember what else i stop by, i visit /vg too rarely
>>
File: 1411571163177.jpg (46 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1411571163177.jpg
46 KB, 554x439
/vg/ is there if I'm playing a popular game and I need to enter the general for it to ask a quick question, because making a thread for a single question seems fucking stupid.

It's also there for me to go post in the Neptunia general so I can tell everyone that the best girl is Vert.

/v/ is the board that I spend most of my time browsing since it just comes across as a lot more comfy. The topics are much more broad here, so it's easy to talk about things here. Not all of the threads are focused on a specific game, and /v/ works wonderfully for games that would otherwise have a dead ass general in /vg/.

I mean, yeah, when new popular new games come out, the board is filled with threads about them, but the discussions for those games feel a lot more fun here than they ever do in /vg/.
>>
>>335885693
MOTHER OF FUCK THAT GIF
>>
>>335885513
Nothing, it's a hugbox filled with depressing people who do nothing but post deviantart
>>
no cause it's one giant circlejerk
>>
i am a somewhat known namefag in a dead game's thread on /vg/

do you all hate me?

lol ama
>>
>>335884524
u wot m8

>>335884271
dead console dead brain

>>335886132
nobody asked you shitlord.
>>
>>335886132
i am a somewhat known namefag around my own house

do you all hate me?
>>
File: tf2g best general.png (105 KB, 619x493) Image search: [Google]
tf2g best general.png
105 KB, 619x493
/vg/ is a mixed bag
smaller generals for new niche games tend to be pretty nice and civil while the larger older ones are pure concentrated cancer.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.