[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is the new Hitman game good? Episode 2 just released and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
So is the new Hitman game good? Episode 2 just released and I haven't played either of them yet.

I can't trust reviews because all people talk about is "I HATE THE EPISODE SYSTEM, GREEDY JEW RIPOFF" etc. etc. I don't care about any of that, I just want to know if the game is good. I'll pay for it if it feels like I'm stalking and hunting people down, Blood Money-style.
>>
>>335882014
Tutorial levels are total shit, Paris is alright, Sapienza is very good
Overall so far it's good.
>>
>>335882014
It's blood money style
Some fps problems on ultra even with gtx 970 i5 4690
Definitely better than Absolution
>>
Sapienza is fantastic. I still have issues with the AI having simplistic schedules until you trigger events though.

It's annoying how the 2 targets in Sapienza stay within the same area until you do certain things, I don't mind it when one of them does but allow at least one to have a routine that tracks around half of the map.
>>
File: 20160428211531_1.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160428211531_1.jpg
580 KB, 1920x1080
>>335882627
>Some fps problems on ultra even with gtx 970 i5 4690
This is the main reason why i feel like i play Early Access title. The optimization is total shit and game doesn't really look cutting edge to be this unoptimized, pic related is how it looks all maxed out
>>
>>335882014
They're charging $60 for a game with 6 levels. It's not worth buying even if they're great levels.
>>
>>335882834

You're missing something, that looks a lot flatter than my game.

Unless my memory is goldfish tier.
>>
>>335883012
Blubb blubb?
>>
>>335883012
maybe you're running DX12? i'm running DX11
>>
>>335883150

Nah I'm on win7
>>
File: 20160429165307_1.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160429165307_1.jpg
533 KB, 1920x1080
>>335882834
>>335883012

Yep I was right, goldfish.

Weird I never noticed how washed out it was there. I guess I notice these things less and less when I'm enjoying the game so much.
>>
>>335883596
The game looks way better in motion desu
>>
>>335883730

No doubt, I've not played a single other game that has the same sense of place that Sapenzia achieves. RPG's that use HUB world systems could learn a thing or two from IO's designers.
>>
>>335882989
That's a fairly narrow view that a game needs X number of Y to be worth the money. To Hitman 2k16's credit, the levels are beyond spacious and the Contract Assignments are actually a divine gift from the replay gods. If cash is tight--I feel you, I was broke once as well--skip until next Spring's Steam Sale and nab the whole pack for 30 bucks.

I just get the sneaking suspicion that the limited /v/ coverage of this game is because of Denuvo because this is the second best Hitman game behind Blood Money. A huge step up from Absolution.
>>
>>335882627
Zero problems at 60hz on a 980 SC and an OC i7 3770k.

Check your rig, brother.
>>
>>335883967

>980

Gee I wonder.

I've got the same GPU/CPU as him and I get drops to 30fps in areas after the most recent patch. Funnily enough the period where Sapenzia was out before the latest patch I was running it 50-60 at all times.
>>
>>335882014
I haven't been able to play through Sapienza myself yet but from what I've heard it's amazing. The tutorial levels (specifically the Final Test) are solid and a lot of fun. And, Paris is fucking awesome. It's got a lot of different assassination methods to try out and the atmosphere of the level overall is just fantastic. My only complaint with it was that there wasn't any SA routes for killing Dalia that don't involve breaking into her private bathroom.
>>
So were essentially paying 10 dollars for a single story assassination inside of a big map? Are there player created things? Can I spawn in or edit weapons around the level or my inventory? And is there weapon customization?
I'm tempted to buy it but I don't want to get burned because of lack of content.
>>
>https://youtu.be/B7lXyFPQpnk

I really enjoyed paris, but sapienza really fucking impresses me

where paris felt like one big system of interconnected parts, sapienza feels like several large overlapping systems spread across a small town with enough explorable space to convincingly give the illusion that it's a real living place as opposed to a collection of strung-together architecture purpose-built for the delivery of a videogame puzzle.

also this game somehow feels like fucking james bond to me based off the storyline, music, and just the fucking way that Diana says "47" with that same double-oh-seven inflection
>>
>>335885673
Diana is my wife
>>
>>335885335
all of the above = true

There's been talk of more missions for sapienza map but don't get your hopes up. (there's supposed to be 5 total including this one)
>>
>>335885335
>So were essentially paying 10 dollars for a single story assassination inside of a big map?
essentially, yes.
in Sapienza, there are 2 assasination targets and an Objective all of which must be completed for the mission, but I think that more or less falls under what you were trying to describe.

>Are there player created things?
Contracts mode is back from Absolution, but its implementation is incomplete which makes it straight up worse off right now. You can't search for your friends' contracts, etc etc. They've said they will continue to improve it. Currently it is less functional than Absolution contracts.

>Can I spawn in or edit weapons around the level or my inventory?
Before launching a mission, you can change your loadout and select from designated dead-drops to stash extra weapons and equipment for your use.

>is there weapon customization?
Weapon customization is something the devs have talked about adding but doesn't currently exist in any form. E.g. There are silenced and unsilenced sniper rifles you can choose from, but you currently have no way of taking a specific rifle and choosing to silence or un-silence it

>I'm tempted to buy it but I don't want to get burned because of lack of content
if this doesn't sound like enough content for you right now, wait it out. Right now I'm enjoying playing through it all, and I'd say personally I feel like I'm getting what I wanted out of it, but I really don't see any downside to picking it up after another ep or two comes out if you're still not sure.
>>
>>335882989
You're right, they should just have had as many levels as Absolution did around the same quality as Absolution, that's worth $60.
>>
>>335882770
Ai is funny,

>be a gardener with a speech impediment
>Finally get a new job at the nicest place in town
>turn on the faucet to water the lawn

"HEY YOU, DID YOU TURN THIS ON!"

Then I am killed
>>
>>335888158
I'd play a game where the Main character just happens to look like 47, and gets in wacky situations

I think this is the actual plot to a Jackie Chan movie

except with more hair and ladders
>>
>>335888158
it's weird but most of he AI changes I'm interested in seeing would make the game harder.

Like, I kind of wish that if guards were guarding a specific enclosed area (i.e. the morgue), they would keep track of how many people are supposed to be in there. Specifically:
when the head of the lab goes in to pay her respects to her dead colleague, I can sneak in, dress as the dead dude and leave by the guard despite him having literally just gone inside to ensure nobody was there and all the rooms were clear.
>>
>>335888759
I'd like better disguises, but I guess agent 47 in a wig would be pretty non canon

also less nosy servants'
and 47 responding to trespassing questions

like "I was just looking for the toilet"

speaking of which, all the English VA work is horrible, at least let them speak in English with a cheesy Italian accent
>>
>>335883967
980 and 4790K, got dips in the sub 40 FPS in some specific zones. Shut the fuck up with the "w-w-works fine for me" dumb fuck.
>>
>>335889521
>accents please
this
but I get the feeling they have a locked in cast doing voices each level.

The innocent response lines are a good idea. In that same vein, if there was one similarly small addition I'd want, it's for 47's fucking head to turn towards the people you're talking to

like, if I hit Y (inb4 playing with a controller on PC is blasphemy) to talk to someone, let's try and get some eye-contact going maybe. It feels awkward the way it is set right now.

>>335889682
I have a 770 and it sounds like you're experiencing performance on par with mine

shitty and weird

sorry bro
>>
File: 236870_20160428184135_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
236870_20160428184135_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
NEXT WEEK ON HITMAN:
The mystery of the oveflowing sink
>>
How big and varied is each episode? Is there a lot of content in each one that you get to see by playing through it in different ways?
>>
>>335890302
DID
YOU
FUCKING
INVITE
YOUR
SENILE
AUNT
>>
>>335890394
eh? kinda I guess, at least Paris did,

all I found in the new one, is the affair with the golf coach,

I really really wish you could release the virus and kill everyone in the lab, but that lab is so shitty it would kill half of Italy
>>
>>335890394
>How big and varied is each episode?
so far each successive mission has increased significantly in complexity
>yacht > airfield > Paris > Sapienza

>Is there a lot of content in each one that you get to see by playing through it in different ways?
yes, between two playthroughs what you see will change (sometimes drastically) depending on where you go, what you're disguised as, and what tools you have available. There's enough mix-and-match to keep you going a decent amount.

>>335890809
the next easiest (to discover) side-story is the mother's ghost. A bunch of servants/guards mention it, and a specific pair describe the whole thing in pretty intricate detail.

I wasn't able to find the psychiatrist through exploration, though. Didn't know about it until I finally looked at the challenges.
>>
How does the game run on PS4?
>>
>>335882014
I love it, Sapienza is so great
>>
So I got a stupid question. Do I have to finish the entire mission (destroy the virus) each time I try to assassinate the two in a different manner? It doesn't count if I don't finish the mission right?

That kinda annoys me.
>>
>>335893481
yes, but try this out:

>destroy the virus
>save
>kill a target according to a challenge
>load
>kill that same target according to a different challenge
>kill the remaining target and complete the mission

if this hasn't been patched out (and I don't think it has, because I believe it's a side-effect of something that was implemented to correct an older issue of not being awarded proper challenge credits) you should get credit for both challenges simultaneously ON THAT ONE TARGET at the end of the game.

It's a pretty decent way to get a bunch of challenges you're not that interested in out of the way, and what I used to get straight to the ones I could have more fun with.
>>
>>335894321
I didn't even think of that lol. thanks
>>
Is it worth buying all of them at once or one at a time
>>
The hell do i do with the joint?
>>
>>335882834
Can someone please tell me exactly what it is that doesn't look good in this screenshot?? I feel like I'm going crazy here with everyone shitting on Hitman's graphics while I think it looks fantastic, better than Absolution in every way possible.
>>
>>335882014
There's only 8 to 9 levels total, 2 of them being smaller tutorial levels, you're only getting 4 of them right now and more down the line, there's always online DRM and the game can get a bit buggy sometimes.

But if you know about all that and don't care: Then yes, this game is great and plays like Blood Money. It's awesome.
>>
File: whatareyoudoinghere.jpg (834 KB, 1869x1047) Image search: [Google]
whatareyoudoinghere.jpg
834 KB, 1869x1047
Does anybody else get this weird issue with guards suddenly appearing on positions they don't belong?
They don't move, don't react to coins even if I throw them right besides and I don't even get a subdue prompt before I am not breathing down his neck.
>>
File: 1358472497973.jpg (312 KB, 874x841) Image search: [Google]
1358472497973.jpg
312 KB, 874x841
>>335897352
spooky
>>
>>335882014

posting in the daily shitman shill thread
>>
>>335897421
glad to see you're still awake :^)
>>
>>335897352
shouldnt play the pirated version m8
>>
>>335882440
Hey, man. I enjoyed the Military Base tutorial. It was small, sure, but it had ton of flavor.
>>
>>335896240
both targets smoke, you can put it in with their cigarettes and they'll opt to smoke it instead, and get pacified
>>
>>335897352
I've defiinitely seen that second guard in the cave at least once. I also got one of the CICADA-looking guards posted outside an entrance that should have had a personal bodyguard instead.
>>
>>335897885
best I can say is that it served its purpose as a tutorial admirably, and that it was better than the yacht.
>>
>>335897478
>implying
>>
I still don't get opportunities.
Why does killing Caruso during the tape only count as finished opportunity if I do it as plague doctor?
Also, the opportunity sound is annoying. If I switch them off, there should be no sound either.
>>
File: file.png (4 MB, 1920x1029) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1920x1029
>>335897076
we live in a world where graphical fidelity is, to the layman, equal to and interchangeable with gritty textures

for instance, despite having simpler geometry and lighting, there is no shortage of people who would say that the metro games have "better graphics" than Hitman because hitman's subtle textures and softer colours don't seem as detailed to their eye as textures with rust and grit covering them.

This may be at least in part because the grit-covered textures that are popular in so many other games become blurr and smoothened when you have to set them to lower resolutions, building an association in the players' minds that no grit == low settings and thus bad graphics.
>>
>>335898741
opportunities are actually challenges, and challenges are actually strategy-guide bullet points
>>
>>335898875
Well, I have never looked at it from that perspective.
You are completely right. Thanks.
>>
File: 1450001851693.png (873 KB, 1187x629) Image search: [Google]
1450001851693.png
873 KB, 1187x629
>>335883116
>>
File: FUCK.png (405 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
405 KB, 665x662
>Kill one of the targets
>Now their two bodyguards that can see through any disguise run around the mansion randomly
Fuck me, I've been caught by them a dozen times now. Assholes.
>>
>>335899149
they can't see through any disguise, what matters is whether you were spotted (by literally anyone, even the target) during the kill, and if you have switched disguises since the kill.
they eventually stop making rounds.
>>
>>335899149
>>335899396
forgot to mention that it also matters whether they saw the target's body or not.
>>
YOU ARE ALL THE CANCER KILLING GAMES. STOP LETTING DEVS THINK THIS IS OK!!!
>>
>>335899507
why not? this is the best hitman and stealth game i've played.
>>
>>335899507

Think what is ok? Releasing good Hitman games?
>>
>>335899507
By finally making a good Hitman game in seperate map chunks?

Yo do realize that the reason all of the other Hitman games have sucked over the past few years is because for them to justify the cost of development, it has to try and appeal to a wider market and ends up being average.

This way, yeah we probably end up spending more in the long run, but I'd rather spend an extra £10 to get a good Hitman game and potentially more in the future opposed to fucking awful ones.
>>
File: Dex Build.gif (1013 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Dex Build.gif
1013 KB, 500x375
>>335899507
it's okay with me
>>
>>335899870
it doesn't cost more if you get the full package.
>>
>>335900001
I didn't want to commit to the full package in case it was shit, but yeah that too.

I actually really dig the episode method. I spent about 10 hours on the first episode doing it over and over then burned out. If the entire game was laid out infront of me I doubt I'd finish it. This way I definitely will.
>>
>>335897352
This has happened to me twice, although one of the times was because of saving and loading abuse when I was trying to get different dialogues going.
>>
>>335898875
Nah, there are some challenges that are way more challenging than the opportunities, which basically tell you exactly what to do.
>>
>>335900123
burned myself out on Ep 1 doing all the escalations and everything as it came out

definitely not doing the same thing with sapienza: taking it somewhat slow, will spread that shit out past the next ep probably
>>
>>335899507
k
>>
>>335900256
>telescope kill
This shit is crazy, glad they didn't spoil it with opportunities.
>>
>>335896000
It works out to be the same price.

I'm just paying per episode in case one of them totally drops the ball or something. But so far I've been really enjoying it.
>>
>>335882014
>I'm playing triple A games how dare you criticise me! ;__;

You sound worse than SJW. Don't forget to change your tampons.
>>
Some of these kills are ridiculous, I know people loved BM for the environmental kills but those were at least down-to-earth, we're square in Loony Toons territory here with some of the ways you can off the targets

>I'm the world's greatest killer, a real silent assassin
>I'm going to kill this guy by shooting him with a literal cannon while he's surrounded by guards
>>
>>335900660
what's wrong with it?
It's not worse than an exploding golf ball.
It fringes on the No One Lives Forever territory and that's why it's so great.
>>
>>335899396
>>335899474
Not true. I killed Silvio with a sniper shot disguised as the Priest, they can see through the housekeeper outfit, the staff mansion outfit and the chef outfit. The only outfit they can't see through is the psychologist.

Hell, when they're outside, they can see you on your default outfit, only with a private investigator outfit do they not see you.

Maybe the butler one works too? Either ways, it's a pain in the ass when those guys are roaming around the mansion because I killed one of their targets. They could be anywhere and they can fuck my shit up with a glance at close distance.
>>
>>335900584
who are you quoting?
>>
Sorry to ask but where is the Hippie house? Is it part of the mansion?
>>
>>335900660
Dude, in Blood Money you could literally kill a person by dropping a hanged piano on them.

Let's not hold any pretenses here. Hitman games have always been and always will be silly.
>>
>>335901121

It's the room above the law office(?). Climb the clock tower, there's a fire escape connecting it to the attic where the room is.
>>
>>335901121
at the top of a building in the middle of the city. There's a tower there that's one of the starting locations.
>>
>>335901121
Nah, it's the very top building of the Watchtower place. You can hear the hippie music blaring on when you're close by.
>>
They should really implement a day and night cycle. Just imagine Sapienza at night.
>>
Sapienza is fuck huge. I've got lost quite a lot already. Makes for a great challenge though, especially when shit gets real and you're trying to get away.
>>
>>335900850
shit, that sounds completely fucky
seriously that doesn't sound right at all.

I killed Silvio with the sniper from the church belfry while disguised as a guard telescope kill, which went unnoticed. Then I waited up there until I had a shot on De Santis, too. Shot her, but her guard detail was around her so this put them all on alert and had them start a search.

I made my way down to the bottom of the Church, and while exiting through a side path by the mortuary I passed beside the guard detail as they rushed into the Church main entrance in order to climb the belfry and investigate the source of the shots.

I kept going, and after changing disguises everything was returned to normal for me.
>>
>>335901228
i wonder if the music is the same as shangri-la level of Absolution.
>>
>>335901548
I turned minimap back on because I'm weak.
>>
>>335901623
You probably didn't notice, but all 4 guards that were in charge of guarding the 2 people are now wandering the mansion in a patrol.
>>
>no fucking brief case
God fucking dammit you had one job
>>
>>335901624
Nope, this one is a lot more EDM and less rock than the one from Absolution.
>>
>>335902127
ah, now I see what you mean
misunderstanding on my end, yeah I have no clue which disguises fool the guards that are normally assigned to the VIP's once they're released.

You're right about the Psychiatrist, and I'm pretty sure the Florist Delivery Uniform also fools them (obtained out at the accident with the biker near the mansion)

You said Priest doesn't, but does regular church staff uniform fool them?
>>
>>335901624
>>335902341
Speaking of that, though, someone with the PC version needs to rip the music from this level.
>>
>>335902320
soon
>>
>>335902320
they keep fucking asking "hey, u guys want a briefcase?" in the polls they release randomly so I'm guessing they're pouring all that episodic money into developing a super-hard-to-code briefcase for release in 2017
>>
Is the 'opportunities' system in this new level, and does it work the same way as in Paris? It kind of irked me how they handled that. I initially had it enabled because I thought it was going to be a smart way to give an initial hint as to a way to complete the level like "oh hey look that fashion model sure does look like you, guess you'll have to figure out the rest", but I soon realised it was basically a step by step guide to beating the whole thing. I'd really like it if it was the former instead of the latter, as it'd be a neat way to just get a very general idea of if I was on the right track initially instead of literal waypoints and objective lists.

I know I can switch it off, it just feels like a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>335902421
I think it's irrelevant because you can't enter the mansion with the church disguise anyways.
>>
>>335902528
You can and should switch it off. There's some kind of middle setting that doesn't give you a guide by guide but I think it still tells you basically what to do if you go to the Opportunity menu.
>>
>>335902506
>>335902320
they removed some features from the alpha/beta, so i guess it's coming back later.
>>
>>335902641
>human shields were in the alpha
>they took them out

why

honestly, why
>>
>>335902458
DORR NAH NAH
COME BACK TO ME OR I WILL FIND 47 WAYS TO MAKE YOU MINE!
DORR NAH NAH!

http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/seducing-francesca-silvios-memories-game-audio-rips/6542
>>
>>335902320
It'll no doubt be a Mastery unlock later.

One of the unlocks in Sapienza is a spawn in the church that hints at being a great sniping position. But spawning there is pretty useless if you can't start with a sniper.

I think the nearest smuggled item location is the sewers.
>>
>>335902617
Bah. Was hoping they'd make it more friendly for repeat runs when you can come back and just get a basic directional hint at something that has potential and then the rest is up to you. Shame it's so direct about it.
>>
>>335902739
You can very easily smuggle a sniper rifle from the sewers to the top of the church. I just did it, no problem.

The sewers are only guarded by Mario and no one else and they have plenty of entrances and exits, it's very easy to sneak on top of nearly any place from there.
>>
>>335902679
it was probably bugged and since the game is not finished they removed them for now.
>>
>>335902528
I think there's an option between it being toggled on or off that does exactly what you said. It alerts you when opportunities are being revealed in your vicinity but doesn't set a series of waypoints to hold your hand through it.
>>
>>335902736
I found someone who ripped that song and the one from the golf coach opportunity on YouTube. Hopefully he does the hippy music next.
>>
silvio did nothing wrong
>>
>>335902978
Except try to put 47 out of a job.
>>
>>335902872
>>335902617
I'll give that option a look when I come back to the game. Only tried it via a friends shared library and it disables about 90% of the options you'd normally have so I'll wait till I decide to buy it later down the line, especially if people have as positive impressions of future levels as they do of this one. I'd only use it after I'd finished a level blind at least once anyways. Thanks guys.
>>
>>335902978
>Wanting to kill everyone who once bullied you as a child
Silvio did a lot of wrong.
>>
>>335903051
He is definitely disturbed, but not exactly bad or evil.
>>
>>335903042
>I'd only use it after I'd finished a level blind at least once anyways
Absolutely this. Going through a level for the first time and discovering all it has to offer with minimal help is great. An experience I haven't had since Blood Money a decade ago. Puzzle solving is Hitman at its best and this game is a worthy addition.
>>
>>335903383

He killed his own mother
>>
>>335902978
47 kills without remorse. If he's paid to kill you, you're dead. If you're a witness, you're dead.

SASO is noncanon.
>>
>>335903508
He's also extremely efficient and never kills unless he absolutely has to. If there are no witnesses, why would he need to kill anyone?
>>
>>335899507
impatient fuckhead, i would be overwhelmed with every level anyway
>>
File: ICA.png (17 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
ICA.png
17 KB, 426x364
Thanks to whoever made this yesterday on the other Hitman thread.
>>
>>335903508
>SASO is noncanon

Says who?
>>
>>335903481
that therapy session was hilarious. i was i actually laughing
>>
>>335903732

Yeah, they really gave 47 a glib sense of humour in this, between the airplane assassination and the way he smothers the guy with a pillow after egging him on about smothering his mother.
>>
>>335903732
Whenever I try to get the psychiatrist outfit, the game says "Key Intel was Lost". What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>335903854
They actually imply 47 feels pleasure in inventing creative ways to murder people.
>>
>>335903630
>never kills unless he absolutely has to
Tell that to the poor postman.
>>
>>335903983
i have no idea. it happened to me the first time, i reloaded and it worked. maybe it's bugged
>>
>>335903730
The games.

47 kills innocents/guards/witnesses in both cutscenes and levels.
>>
>>335904029
Code Red, man. Code Red.
>>
Does anyone have the link to the 47 spices song on soundcloud?
>>
>>335904084
Damn. I've reloaded ten times now and it still gives me the message.
>>
>>335904132
The only time he's killed innocents in cutscenes was when he had to kill that postman because of the code red thing and the bird at the end of Blood Money.
>>
>>335904230
did you follow all the way through and not skip any steps?
>>
>>335904008

After 20 years of doing the job he's seen everything and has to find ways to make the jobs interesting. Like, I imagine him arriving at Sapienza and thinking "oh look, another opulent villa with a hidden laboratory beneath it. You know what, this time I won't push the target off a cliff, this time I'll find a way of killing him in a way that invokes irony regarding the recent death of his mother"
>>
>>335904286
Yep. I poison his drink, he gets sick, I strangle him, game says Intel lost.
>>
>>335904450
Weird. What happens if you let him barf and don't strangle him? Does he go to the mansion and have an interview with Silvio himself?
>>
>>335904029
>he doesn't understand the severity of Code Red
>>
>>335904450
I read that you have to follow the Opportunity to a tee from the very beginning vanilla state.
>>
>>335891337
bretty gud. haven't experienced any crashes but will occasionally get dips in framerate. But overall it's good to play.
>>
>>335904727
Yes
>>
Finding the Paris mission dresses in a random shop was a lot of fun, they're really nailing it with the world building.
>>
>>335905676
Wait, seriously? He goes to the mansion himself?
>>
>>335904903
>>335905758
It was the fist one I picked. And yes he just walks right in the front door after barfing.
>>
>>335904450
>I strangle him
Are you just choking him out until he is unconscious or are you killing him with the wire or some shit?
>>
>>335905758

You can kill Silvio by throwing a propane tank down the chimney into the fireplace in his room when he's having the interview.
>>
>>335905890
shouldn't matter. i killed with the fiber wire and it allowed me to complete it
>>
>>335905908
Why would you do that...
Unless he is NOT meeting with Francesca if the realy doctor does the therapy session rather than 47.
>>
File: GODDAMNIT ALLAN.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GODDAMNIT ALLAN.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>335905908
how do you kill both targets with the propane tank? They're never in the same place for me.

I had the girl go to the lab one time, but it all just seems so random most of the time.
>>
>>335906105

That's what I mean, wait for him to have the session with the real doctor and blow them both up.
>>
Is there any other way to kill the demon bartender faggot in Blood Money that wants to do a duel?
>>
>>335906140
just find the right trigger
>>
>>335905908
Well, you can also kill both Silvio and Francesca if you disguise yourself as the therapist, have the talk with Silvio and then let him go talk with Francesca.
>>
>>335906140
See:
>>335906206
After Silvio is done talking with the therapist, Silvio and Francesca talk by the fireplace.
>>
>>335906140
She goes to the lab after you destroy the virus.
>>
>>335903508
>
except SASO IS cannon, it's the most visible in blood money and absolution
>>
>>335906175
It just sounded as if you meant to throw it into the chimney for the room he is ahving the interview in. Is there even a chimney in there, I can'T remmber?

>>335905908
>throwing a propane tank down the chimney into the fireplace in his room when he's having the interview.
>>
>>335903508
Canon 47 is Silent Assassin. Writter for Hitman 2016 said himself.
>>
>>335906191
don't think so, but with weapon you get from the cia double agent it's piss easy
>>
File: hitman stalagtit.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hitman stalagtit.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Having to destroy the virus eveytime is boring.
>>
File: 1460550316138.jpg (32 KB, 795x600) Image search: [Google]
1460550316138.jpg
32 KB, 795x600
>tfw managed to get SASO / NO-KO under 5 FUCKING MINUTES

Ok i legitimately think i can't do any better than that. In these conditions.
>>
>>335906556
I was expecting there's some tricky clever accident shit for him
>>
>>335906376
Yeah, in Absolution it's clear he never changed clothes.
>>
File: ALLAN YOU FAGGOT.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ALLAN YOU FAGGOT.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
>>335906131
this meme is going too far
>>
>>335906376
>absolution
come on now
>>
>>335906629
good spot to hide m8. I get caught every time i try to pull that shit, So i just put on the hazmat suit on and pull the fire alarm, then raise temp to kill the virus.
>>
>>335906191
Anyone got the webm where the bartender is shot through the door from the back room?
>>
>>335905676
Shit man, now I'm curious.

Can Francesca and Roberto ever meet on their own?
Does the flower man ever actually deliver the flowers by himself?
Does the lazy brother ever actually dress up and work with the chef?
Does the dinner bell ever get rung by anyone that isn't you?
>>
>>335906823
find out for us and report back
>>
>>335906629
you can do it remotly, from a laptop i hear, but i've yet to try it. I guess it's the only way to do it suit only.

>>335906798
You can fiddle with things inside the vrus chamber to distract both dudes staring at it.
>>
>>335906669
There are some ways to abuse the AI and fiber wire him. But the dual is almost obligatory unless you disable the laptop on top floor or something. The female assassin on top floor is the one who warns him.
>>
File: 1456559573312.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456559573312.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Why is Suit Only canon?
what about them disguises
they're a main mechanic in the series
>>
>>335903508
https://youtu.be/lfFSXkE2aRo?t=11m55s
>>
>>335906680
>Allan probably got fired a long time ago
>they still making fun of it to this day

They like to pour salt on wounds.
>>
>>335906191
i seen someone snipe him from outside the double doors all the way down the club
>>
>>335906191
He instantly runs up to 47 the moment he sees him
One guy lured him to the shark tank and pushed him
>>
>>335906891
yeah i messed with the robotic arm to distract them and killed the virus. For some reason i find pulling the fire alarm easier and cleaner because everyone clears out of the quarantine but no guards can come in. Easier to slip out too because very few people can see through the hazmat suit.
>>
>>335906884
I tried to find out and thought I found out that the answer was no.

But I thought the Psychologist could never leave on his own either, so now I'm confused.
>>
>>335906980
Suit Only isn't canon. 47 uses disguises.
>>
>>335885335
The funny thing is the story isn't even done and is based off of how well it sells per season
>>
Not to be a canonfag storyfag fag, but are we just assuming the code red postman kill and the journalist+guards Requiem kills were special exceptions to 47's "Silent Assassin" resume?
>>
>>335882014
>I can't trust reviews because all people talk about is "I HATE THE EPISODE SYSTEM, GREEDY JEW RIPOFF"
You didn't read a lot of them did you

Most of the complaints deal with the unstable online-required DRM that shuts you out of the game as soon as the connection isn't pristine diamond perfect, the PS4 exclusive content, lack of polish, lack of graphic options, slow content delivery, crashes, all of this could be yours for the full price of 60 wackaroos

I'm sorry, but you want the reviews that simply say the game is awesome, I guess sorry that the user reviews aren't helping you hype yourself up
>>
>>335906884
I'm gonna poison Roberto and see if he decides to man up and make a call after that.
>>
>>335907612
Those aren't related to assassinations
they're for secrecy/safety of both 47 and the Agency
>>
>>335907612
But they weren't exceptions. He wasn't found out for any of them, he killed the people and there were no witnesses.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 251x201
>>335899870
>it has to try and appeal to a wider market and ends up being average
They keep fucking saying this about Hitman and they've been saying it forever but all I'm hearing is 'we don't understand our own product or market'
>>
>>335907785
Killing guards means no SA rank.

Killing innocents who spot you means no SA rank.

But I'll take >>335907748 's explanation.
>>
Has anyone managed to get Roberto and Francesca talking together?
>>
>>335909269
I tried poisoning Roberto to see if he'd do anything else after barfing like the Psychologist does, but no luck. Seems like Roberto and Francesca will never meet each other ;_;
>>
Post your best runs.

https://youtu.be/hcOrx9J9byE
>>
File: 20160429065656_1.jpg (514 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160429065656_1.jpg
514 KB, 2560x1440
Holy shit I got it. Don't know how and don't care, just glad I could finish it this time.
>>
>>335909269
Yes. Disguise yourself as psychiatrist, meet with Roberto, but don't kill him and he will go to Francesca.
>>
>>335882014
Exploding golfball makes it goty as far as I'm concerned. I am a simple man.
>>
>>335882014
Aside from the episodic model, if they keep this quality up, it will be a fantastic Hitman game to buy in 2017.

The only haters will be Absolutionfags and Hitman movie lovers (they somehow fucking exist) who ACTUALLY THINK having a gay story in Hitman and more straightforward stealth / no actual mission planning is good.
>>
>>335909856
>that escalation where you have to kill all the targets using explosives

absolutely bonkers
>>
>>335910790
Don't forget the fags who thought Hitman was at its best during Codename 47 and Silent Assassin and that Contracts and Blood Money ruined the series.
Yes, those exist too.
>>
>>335909746
Seriously? Fuck me.
Wait. Are you confusing Sílvio with Roberto? Roberto is the golf guy.
>>
>>335912478
>Wait. Are you confusing Sílvio with Roberto?
Yes.
>>
>>335912583
Ah, ok. So there's no way for Roberto and Francesca to meet up? That's a shame.
>>
>>335882834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lXyFPQpnk
>>
>>335912632
you can pretend to be Roberto and call her and fugg her
>>
>>335885673
Was literally thinking the same thing about the 007 thing, kinda made me start acting like a spy in the game. Really fun.
>>
should I get it on PS4 or PC ?

performance problems very bad on PC ?
running:
i5 2500k
gtx 970
>>
>>335913548
Get it on PC. It sill runs tons better than on PS4.
>>
>>335913548
you have the same system as i do and i dont have any, though i do play on low
>>
>>335913708
low ? shit thought I could do 1080p on Med/High ?!
>>
File: 200501942-001.jpg (73 KB, 508x335) Image search: [Google]
200501942-001.jpg
73 KB, 508x335
If your life completely revolves around video games (like /v/) and the slightest thing wrong with a video game makes you lose your shit and cry like babby (like /v/) then it's a shit game. But, if you enjoy video games generally, yeah it's a pretty good game.
>>
Do Mastery weapons and gear carry over to new episodes?
>>
>>335913548
>performance problems very bad on PC ?

It stutters on the beginning of the levels because it's loading higher-res assets. Then there is also a smaller stutter when it auto-saves during main missions(side-missions like Contracts and escalation don't have auto-save). But aside from that the game runs fine on the GTX 970, it's actually pretty consistent.
>>
>>335913947
medium you should be alright, on high you will run into fps issues
>>
>>335914073
By issues, you mean how low fps?
>>
>>335883852
Nahh it's the same reason why Resident evil Revelations 2 got no love, it's a good game when the complete package is out but no one wants to buy episodic and by the time it's all out people don't care and have moved on
>>
>>335914034
Yeah.
>>
How are the textures on medium vs high?
>>
>>335882627
Ayy same setup except 4690k
>>
File: hitman_2016_04_29_12_28_08_506.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman_2016_04_29_12_28_08_506.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1080
>>335913947
>>335914073
I play it on max settings with my GTX 970. 45-60fps all the time.
>>
>>335914901
>45fps
>playable
>>
>>335915443
>2016
>Still Shiptosting
>>
File: ohlookanothercoin.jpg (41 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
ohlookanothercoin.jpg
41 KB, 534x532
>>335888158
You can literally accomplish anything buy simply throwing a coin 10 feet away.
>oh that didn't distract him enough?
>throws another coin 10 feet in front of the last
>>
So I just started playing today, and chose to rewatch the Italy briefing. I realized why I love this being episodic, it's immersive.
The briefing is something the game makes you watch that first time and starts with "good morning 47" but she's talking to the player. It's been a full month and a half since paris and in game as well. It feels like I'm actually being briefed on something I'm actually doing.
It's the little things like that, that make a game for me sometimes
>>
>>335915443
>3rd person game
>not hack n slash
>giving a shit what the fps is as long as it's over 30
>>
>>335916109

Pretty much. It's a game where you don't even need to aim a gun unless you're fucking up, 30fps is perfectly fine.
>>
>>335916223
>Implying Hitman isn't fun when you're going on shooting sprees as well
>>
File: 20160430015134_1.jpg (546 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160430015134_1.jpg
546 KB, 1920x1080
fuck you pal its my money now
>>
File: wikihow mario.png (393 KB, 727x858) Image search: [Google]
wikihow mario.png
393 KB, 727x858
>>335882014
Looks neat but it won't be finished until 2017.

If you want a similar stupid experience play Mario 3 on emulator, savestate after completing a world, load state a month later and play the next world. If you want you can use move saves to play previous worlds over and over while you're waiting for next month.

> "I HATE THE EPISODE SYSTEM, GREEDY JEW RIPOFF" etc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lXyFPQpnk
>>
>>335917582
yes you posted that already
>>
>>335901713
I turned minimap on because we STILL don't have a real time, one-button-press map.
>>
>>335918304
F1
>>
>>335905749
Don't forget the hairdresser and the vendor outfit in that shop being the same as in Paris.
I wonder if we will assassinate the CEO of Dr. Popp eventually.
>>
>>335906891
Yeah, you can do from the laptop on top of the surveillance container. Not one of the safest routes, though.
But yeah, having to destroy the virus every time sucks big time.
>>
>>335885673
DALE
>>
>>335918757
Scientist Disguise + Breaching Charges + Silverballer means you destroy the virus and escape the level in like 20 seconds.
>>
>>335916340
They lowered 47's health a lot in this one. I don't remember dying so fast in the old games when go in shooting sprees.
>>
>>335918936
They definitely did, but it's still fun to go on shootout sprees. Although harder as well.
>>
>>335916521
>not stealing from the sleeping toilet dude near that place
>>
>>335918443
What about "real time, one-button-press" didn't you understand? How hard is reading comprehension these days?
>>
File: dsqRf3y.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
dsqRf3y.webm
1 MB, 720x404
do objectives still trigger their rountine when the player is around or are they independent now?
>>
What do you guys think of the story so far?

I really like the antagonist. Feels like a while since we got a good one in any game.
>>
>>335919289
>im actually okay
>>
>>335919289
yes and no. It depends on the objective
>>
>>335919289
There's definitely a big mix of the two. People go on their own patrols but there are certain things that only trigger within distance.
>>
>>335919289
That's some money scamming shit right there
>>
>>335919289
The cyclist is getting up after a while if you stay around, even if you don't throw stuff. Still, funny webm.
>>
>>335919367
I like how he seems to be some sort of grey-sided antagonist that is working against people that are probably way more evil than he is. I like the reason as to why he dislikes 47. I like what has been shown of him so far in the cutscenes.

Looking forward to do hits for him for all of this season.
>>
>>335919367
I like him so far but firing that gun inside a car with no ear protection was just stupid.
>>
>>335920327
How do you know he didn't have some kind of digital ear protection inside his ears?
>>
>>335919289
It still triggers, but the way they activate seems different now. Novikov walks down the stairs and Kruger starts the photo sections as soon 47 starts moving for example. Originally these things would only trigger when 47 was only two to three rooms away from reaching them.
>>
File: 20160427003054_1.jpg (170 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160427003054_1.jpg
170 KB, 2560x1440
>>335920634
unless it's jammed in all the way, I don't see anything.
>>
File: 1461723963243.jpg (11 KB, 400x467) Image search: [Google]
1461723963243.jpg
11 KB, 400x467
>>335919289
gee i wonder why he's okay now
>>
>>335906191
It's possible to snipe him from the back of lure him to the shark tank as others have said. Additionally, he leaves the bar on occasion. You can leave a bomb in the bar while he's doing that, or push him down the stairs he goes to (stairs requires you to cheese a little to make it stealthy). I think it's possible to poison his drink while he's gone, but it's impossible to do stealthily.
>>
>>335898231
Yeah but whats the point? They both got bodyguards following them and waking them up once they pass out
>>
File: 1459106050013.jpg (6 KB, 190x159) Image search: [Google]
1459106050013.jpg
6 KB, 190x159
>>335920694
I like to think of it as a play with actors
>>
>all these great sniping spots
I love it, and so far i've only found like three opportunities.
>>
>>335921385
I havent done it yet, but there is a sedative you can slip people and they dont wake up
I remember putting it in the bare knuckle boxer thinking it was poison and i came back over 10 mins later and everyone was just standing over him
>>
Shit, how do I get the dude to run away in the plane?
>>
>>335921801
You must scare him. Shoot bullet in him for example.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.