[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Deluxe_package.jpg (17 KB, 332x218) Image search: [Google]
Deluxe_package.jpg
17 KB, 332x218
What went wrong?
>>
The only crime was that it never came out outside of moonland. Good thing the fan translation was faithful
>>
Not enough fart jokes like its predecessor.
>>
>>335877313
The fanbase is autistic and entitled as fuck.
The series is okay. Nothing amazing, but not awful. Definitely not worth a replay.

From that perspective, Undertale captured this perfectly.
>>
For what it is it's really hard to say anything went wrong.

It's got a cute story, an interesting world, surprisingly emotional moments, good music, a unique battle system (by JRPG standards), wild aesthetics, and a charming wit to it.

I mean, what do you think went wrong? Fart jokes? A lack of /ss/?
>>
I bet they release it this year along with Skyward Sword HD to pad out the year.
>>
>>335877750
i wouldn't even be surprised, nintendo has gone to shit recently
>>
The ending wasn't depressing enough.
>>
>>335877313
>>
>>335877481
this
>>
Too linear
>>
>>335880030
this

I didn't like the linearity and how story-heavy it was compared to EB. Would have loved something closer to EB with its gameplay, however.
>>
>>335880737
>EB
>Not linear

What? it was a pretty linear the entire fucking time.
>>
the entire development process was a trainwreck, Mother 3 was actually pretty good, but it was the anorexic shadow of what it was supposed to be
>>
>>335880826
You could still go back to the places you visited. Even after the final boss, and npc dialogues changed.
Mother 3 was very different. There are time skips, changes of perspective, etc...
>>
>>335880826
The rooms felt a lot more open, on top of what >>335882504 said
>>
EB is a more sprawling, epic, journey but Mother 3 is a much smoother, more comfortable game, morose content notwithstanding
>>
>>335877313
Not a lot went wrong. It's just a more story-driven game compared to EB where the overarching plot takes a backseat while you explore the open world. They're both different games and some people like the freedom and whimsical nature of EB while others like M3 for the story and sense of purpose that EB lacked.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.