[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it? I haven't been keeping up with it at all but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16
File: rcps4_main.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rcps4_main.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
How is it? I haven't been keeping up with it at all but I absolutely loved all the other games.
>>
it's good but there's a lot of things I don't like about it
>>
Don't have a PS4 to play the new game but I just saw the movie, I liked it but if you're expecting anything beyond something aimed for children you're gonna be disappointed. There were some nice easter eggs, one of them being a computer making the PS1 startup noise, the voice acting was nice, it was an alright flick.
>>
It feels like a really good remake/re-imagining of Ratchet & Clank 1, but turns completely different halfway through. That isn't a terrible thing. It's pretty short though.
>>
Its fantastic
>>
>removes gemlik base, unbris, olantis
>keeps a filler level like gaspar
>>
>>335875784
As someone who had no prior experience with the series, I thought it was absolutely superb. The gameplay is fucking fun as hell and is polished to a shine. The story is a little disjointed, but is ultimately saved by a cast of lovable characters with some great voice acting (save for that one ranger chick, her actress sounds as if she's doing a bit on bad voice acting)
>>
Are there different armor sets and do weapons level up or is it simple like the first game?
>>
>>335877856
No armor but weapons level up now and they only brought back two weapons from the original
>>
>>335877802
Then it sounds like more of what I loved about all the other games. I'm sold.
>>
Came into this blind. Was entertaining and looked pretty. A bit too short though.
>>
It's a solid love-letter to the franchise and fans. While far from perfect, it feels like one of the better tie-ins like Escape from Butcher Bay and Spiderman 2, with the added benefit of having the original makers actually creating it instead of some third-rate development team who would have then faded into obscurity after the game's release. And the price is pretty good, you get an experience close to the length of a standard R&C game than say the more subpar entries like All 4 One.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (188 KB, 364x652) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
188 KB, 364x652
>tfw this game is spawning a new wave of Ratchet fans on /v/
>>
>>335875784
Really great. Deserved the rave reviews.

It's not the best in the series, but it's a solid entry and a good game.
8/10
>>
We can all agree that nothing will ever top ACiT right? It had the best of everything.
>>
File: Ratchet_and_clank_gc_image.jpg (55 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet_and_clank_gc_image.jpg
55 KB, 256x363
>>335879045
>>
>>335879045

It was topped already by 3
>>
>>335879209
This one was cool, it still had its platforming intact. R&C 3 was just a step below Deadlockeds level of pure action, no exploration. The Future games had a nice balance as well, but felt like they didn't last as long.
>>
It's good but not as good as the original.

This isn't me being hipster or anything ethier, the original is simply better due to:

More content/planets
Better Soundtrack
Skill Points
Better Story
Better Villian
Better character development between ratchet and clank
Ratchet has a better personality, in this he's just a sterotypical boyscount.
>>
Anyone noticed that it's still the #2 PS4 game (behind Uncharted 4) on the Amazon.com chart after like 2 weeks? I'm beginning to think this is going to do huge numbers, especially since this sort of game tends to be wayyy less frontloaded than Dark Souls or shit like that.

I think 1m copies worldwide is basically guaranteed (especially since Europe loves this sort of shit), and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being way higher.
>>
>>335880106
Oh, and I predict Sony creates a "Family Bundle" at Xmas with this included that will push its sales up. Sony bundle the ever living shit out of their first-party titles.
>>
File: 1433701231298.gif (1 MB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
1433701231298.gif
1 MB, 211x203
>"See you in the next reboot"
>>
>>335880917

As neat as it would be to see another game that combines (presumably) Going Commando with Up your Arsenal, I really want to just see one more game set after the Future games where Ratchet just does SOMETHING about finding his people. They keep having him hemming and hawing about it, but never anything all that conclusive.
>>
Ratchet & Clank Future Collection for PS4 when?
>>
>>335881328

Probably never, since they're pushing that PSNow thing. Though I wouldn't be too surprised were it to happen just to "complete the story" for PS4-only players.
>>
It's good, but they cut so much out to keep in line with the (shitty) film.
Really holds it back in that regard.
>>
>>335875784
It's a beautiful looking game but strictly speaking as a hardcore fan there's a lot of things I'd want to nitpick about that the average person doesn't give a shit about.

30FPS, some levels were cut, generic as fuck orchestra music with no references whatsoever to the original, reused Future trilogy weapons (It's been nearly nine fucking years since Tools of Destruction came out and they debuted Groovitron and Zurkon for fucks sakes)

It's still an alright game at the end of the day, just a bit disappointed with it. It's better than the original to an extent I guess.
>>
>>335881727

I'd say it did plenty well with expanding on things the movie only gleams over. Could they have included more levels and optional stuff? Sure, but it's clear that Insomniac had a lot on their plate working with Rainmaker to ensure both products turned out serviceable enough.
>>
>>335881551
lol, they've released a zillion remasters for the PS4. I imagine Sony's concern was whether this would sell, especially since Ratchet sales sagged at the end of the PS3 era, but given that the PS4 game seems to be selling well that settles that worry.
>>
>>335881978

Not nearly as many as the PS3 collections, though. And most of the PS4 versions were before PSNow took off. Only real reason to even do it would to be to add some slight graphical touch-ups and PS4 features (pictures for trophies and share option).
>>
>yfw AB turns out being the best video game movie this year
>>
>>335882402
This would not surprise me.

Honestly the only reason I'm interested in this at all is because I saw the trailer with the red one kicking the kid across the beach.
>>
Game itself is great, just as addictive as the others. Weapons, extras, new game+ are all spot on. The characters seem a little one dimensional though, in the original game their friendship built up throughout the course of the game, in the re-imagining there is none of that, they just...are. It's a shame.

>>335878462

It's funny seeing the new wave of people bitching about the hoverboard racing and how frustrating it is. Welcome to 2002.
>>
>>335882739

Only the Blackwater track is frustrating. I swear the one on Kalebo is too easy with the shortcuts, even on Hard mode where the racers are almost always going faster than you ever can.
>>
>>335882302
They do it to make easy money. Would probably sell a million copies.

>>335882739
The hoverboard racing in the original really isn't that hard, played it recently. People just expect shit to be really easy these days.

Supposedly they've patched the difficulty in the PS4 one in the latest patch
>>
File: portman.jpg (20 KB, 550x457) Image search: [Google]
portman.jpg
20 KB, 550x457
>>335875784
>30 fps

>the original on Playstation 2, a console released 16 years ago, was 60 fps
>>
>>335883174

Maybe for Last of Us, but most of the collections have been to help bring in new fans or celebrate games that were otherwise difficult to come by. The Team Ico collection certainly wasn't done as just a soulless cash grab.
>>
Chris chan seems to be on board
>>
>>335883325

It's a shame, apparently they stopped making their games 60fps because it had no impact on sales or reviews, and judging from how well the new game has sold I suppose it won't stop any time soon.
>>
>>335883325

Runs pretty smoothly regardless.
>>
>>335883174

Post scores, bet nobody beat me
>>
File: 34534345534.png (118 KB, 790x354) Image search: [Google]
34534345534.png
118 KB, 790x354
I hope there are more games, I wouldn't say no to a few more R&C platinums.
>>
>>335884001

That was about my average for the runs, since it took me a few tries to get that shortcut with the gold bolt. I swear the boost pad sends you flying a bit too high, and jumping with the boost only makes you overshoot even more.

Still, that track was a cakewalk compared to Rilgar's.
>>
>>335884205

Yeah I had that problem too, the boost made me go too fast for the jump to get the gold bolt and I ended up smacking into the wall
>>
File: Talwyn.jpg (117 KB, 800x1128) Image search: [Google]
Talwyn.jpg
117 KB, 800x1128
>>335884129

As it is, the only games without trophies (that would matter) are Deadlocked and Quest for Booty.
>>
>>335884304

You don't like ToD?
>>
>>335884291

What I don't get is why Ratchet has to wipe out like you went out of bounds when you trip up on a trick. Could have easily have just had him trip and pop back in like most racers where you pop out for a .4 seconds after wiping out.
>>
>>335882402
>angry birds will be the first good video game movie
>>
>>335884390

Almost forgot that one, still, not like trophies are the only thing that matter. Though as it is, that's probably the only reason they would bother to do PS4 ports so trophy hunters could "complete their sets"
>>
>>335884129

>into the nexus

I still don't get why that was even a thing, it was less than even half a game.
>>
>>335884848

Probably Insomniac trying to fulfil their quota of having an R&C game every 2 or so years. Problem is, their team was in like 3 parts or whatever. One was doing that crapfest Fuse, another was working on the Infamous clone for Xbone, and whoever was around for ITN.

Reboot and Clank seems to be the first game in ages that feels like a proper title.
>>
>>335875784
Ratchet has clothes now
>>
>tfw no more r&c ads like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ_J0SMY7dI
>>
>>335885319

Indeed. I can bet the guys who made those would have jumped at the chance to come back and do new commercials for the game and movie.
>>
>>335882402
The Angry Birds movie will be decent because it will have nothing to do with the games.
/v/ will shit on it because is normieshit
>>
>>335879983
The fact I keep seeing Anons describe Ratchet as a Boy Scout leads me to believe it's just you.
>>
Good. Very pretty. It's the first one I've played, bought it to play with my girlfriends sons.
>>
>>335885630

He's black right?
>>
>>335883870
I was honestly surprised that it ran alright considering how fucking awful ITN's framerate was.
>>
>>335885703
Yeah. How did you know?
>>
>>335885851

Just a guess, you voting for Bernie right?
>>
File: 1409552715931.gif (474 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1409552715931.gif
474 KB, 188x174
>>335884304
>Talwyn
>>
Angela was better, and then they just completely retconned her out of existence. Fuckers
>>
>>335886207
>>335886283
>>
File: Talwyn_Apogee.jpg (198 KB, 717x1000) Image search: [Google]
Talwyn_Apogee.jpg
198 KB, 717x1000
>>335886207
>>
>>335886372

MODS, I SEE LIPS
>>
>>335875784
Half of it is straight up remake, the second half is entirely new (including new final boss fight).

It cuts some level, but also adds some new levels. If you liked the previous games, then it's definitely worth a try.
>>
File: VendraProg.jpg (335 KB, 958x1080) Image search: [Google]
VendraProg.jpg
335 KB, 958x1080
>>335886348
my waifu desu senpai
>>
File: Courtney_Poster.jpg (82 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
Courtney_Poster.jpg
82 KB, 576x720
>>335886503

Oh please
>>
>>335884304
But there are trophies on deadlocked/gladiator. I got the platinum one for it on ps3 and let me say it was fairly challenging.
>>
File: ratchet.png (157 KB, 779x530) Image search: [Google]
ratchet.png
157 KB, 779x530
>>335886705
I can vouch for that.
>>
>>335886771

Why'd it take you a year to finish Nexus?
>>
>>335887505
The last trophy I had left to do in the game was the "scare every enemy" one. I ended up screwing up a playthrough for it. Even though it would've been easy enough to replay the game again since it was so short, I decided to say "screw it" and decided to save it for whenever I felt like playing the game again, which turned out to be a year later.

Funnily enough I was able to platinum R&C 2016 in only three total playthroughs, and Groovitroning every enemy in the game (even the tentacles on the train) was probably more involved and lengthy than Terrorizing every enemy in ITN. Go figure.
>>
>>335885376
>the guys who made those
Those are the programmers/staff. They name "Moo" and Tony, who both talk on the developer commentary.
>>
>>335876486

>pretty short
It's 10 hours which puts it at only marginally shorter than the original. Plus it still has challenge mode which means it takes at least 2 or 3 times that to 100% the game
>>
>>335880917

>yfw the movie's poor reviews forces them to abandon the reboot
>yfw the next ps4 game is back to the original canon as it should be
>>
>>335884001

Didn't take a screenshot but I got 1:43 and was wondering why the trophy hadn't unlocked
then I realised I got the trophy last playthrough because it's piss easy
>>
>>335885156

>tfw furry chest ratchet wasn't an unlockable skin
>>
>>335887982
>even the tentacles on the train

FUCK
THAT'S WHAT I'M MISSING
YOU SNEAKY FUCKS INSOMNIAC
>>
>>335889372
Word of advice: upgrade everything to max, start a new challenge mode playthrough, set difficulty to casual, set ammo to infinite, set speed to fast, set bolts to rings as a way to psychologically make you feel like the game is going even faster and Groovitron everything that moves (and some things that don't move like the ammo vendor).
>>
>>335883454

This shit can't afford to watch a movie in theaters even with all those shitty Sonichu amiibos he sells on etsy

Just go to fucking jail Chris learn that being a homicidal pedophile is not ok
>>
>>335889581

Does the trophy require absolutely everything to be groovitronned or just the enemies?
>>
>>335891714
I have absolutely no idea. I assume just the enemies, but during my playthrough I didn't take any chances. By the way it was surprisingly difficult to make Cora dance since there was only a handful of moments where she was susceptible to the Groovitron. Most of the time her scripting made her ignore it completely, but I made her dance at least once.
>>
>>335891850

I noticed that. I think I've got everything at this point besides those tentacles which completely skipped my mind. I've been groovitronning basically every set of enemies on every planet regardless of if they appear to be reused or not, plus every NPC (and making sure that they actually do dance and don't stay on their scripted AI behaviour)
>>
>>335883454
I fucking Hate how he types, why does He feel the need to use random Capital Letters like that?
>>
>>335891972
He's casting common nouns into proper nouns for some things
>>
>>335891972

autistic people misunderstand the rules for what words should be capitalised
>>
>>335886503
>Vendra
>having good taste
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.