[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ni-Oh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: Ni-Oh.jpg (1 MB, 1096x1550) Image search: [Google]
Ni-Oh.jpg
1 MB, 1096x1550
THIS GAME IS LITERALLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

FUCK THIS. I QUIT.
>>
>>335874412
>alpha stage
>WHY THIS SHIT IS UNPLAYABLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
So how do I kill those four guys that charge at you by the house on the hill?

Fire enhancement and sweeping attacks?
>>
>>335874412
I just completed the second boss naked. There is nothing impossible about this game, you just need to figure out the mechanics. Dont play it like Souls.
>>
>>335874739
How long is this demo? I'm taking a while to get used to the mechanics so i didn't get very far. I'm certainly improving though.
>>
>>335874713
Pull them one by one with a shuriken/stone or headshot with a bow and arrow.
>>
>>335874739
I'm getting my shit kicked in by samurai left and right. Just getting to the first boss was a struggle and he's fucking one-shotting me. I'm all out of elixirs too.
>>
>>335874850
4 hours if you are gud.
>>
>>335874850
I'm not sure about the actual time but the first area (which you only need to finish for the DLC) took me maybe 4 hours
>>
>>335874946
>4 hour long free demo

What the fuck. Is this real life?
>>
>>335874739
The exhaustion animation when you run out of stamina is complete bullshit. I know it tries to be Souls-like while beeing original but that is just plain artificial difficulty.
>>
>>335875042
It'll probably take you even longer to complete it. This game is harder than any Souls game combined.
>>
>>335875042
There's even a second stage after killing the boat demon.
>>
M E M E G A M E
>>
I'm enjoying the demo, but I feel enemies have too much health. Regular guys can take way more hits than me.
>>
>>335875098
Maybe you should just not run out of ki then try to do something which requires ki. Also learn how to Ki Pulse.
>>
>>335875236
You're a meme.
>>
>it's a game for autists who enjoy trial and error

/V/ gonna be talking about this game for years to come
>>
>>335875098
It isint artificial difficulty. Your not supposed to play it like souls, it just borrows certain RPG elements from them. Play it like roleplaying a samurai, dodging at the right time, getting just a few but criticial hits.
>>
>>335875242
It's just that you have no armour in the beginning. Try using high stance, they'll go down faster.
>>
>>335875335
>/V/

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>335875242
get armor
get better weapons
use different stances
press r1 to recover ki after attacking
>>
>>335874412
I will teach you in 4 easy steps
1. Save amirite points
2. Don't die
3. if you keep dying figure out how not to die
4. Save amirite points
>>
>>335875384
Excuse my autocapitalization I'm on a botnet device.
>>
i only have 4 estus flacks how the fuck do i get more im in the second island and 4 estus arent enough to kill that fucking pikachu
>>
>>335875561
make offerings
>>
>>335875561
theres a pikachu in this game?
>>
>>335875561
Make offerings at the shrine and they sometimes give you items like elixirs and whetstones. Also some of the kodamas you can find and take back to the shrine can increase the drop rate of certain things for you, including elixirs.
>>
I'm absolutely garbage at Souls games, and this game is ridiculously easy. I don't understand why people say its so hard. Just keep an eye on your stamina and keep your distance from enemies. Watch what stance they're in and hit them during their recovery.

Also, use the caltrops liberally.
>>
>>335874412
>jap title, white guy is a samurai and the pic shows a valkrie succubus

what the fuck did you expect none of that should be in 1 game. what white samurai ever did anything for 500 alex? who is nobody?
>>
File: das.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
das.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this nigga >>335875236 No, I'm a Conqueror.
>>
Just wish the game was a bit nicer on stamina. I get conservation is the key to winning but jeez I struggle to do like anything because I'm always out of stamina.

Its especially awful fighting the fucking asstons of onis in the second level.
>>
File: ken sama.jpg (27 KB, 280x373) Image search: [Google]
ken sama.jpg
27 KB, 280x373
>>335875910
you have challenged my honor
prepare to die
>>
>>335875953
press r1 after attacking and stop using high stance all the time
>>
File: Howdy!.jpg (444 KB, 866x1283) Image search: [Google]
Howdy!.jpg
444 KB, 866x1283
>>335876020
Howdy /v/, my name is Kenichi Smith.

I’m a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!
>>
File: 1443353921312.jpg (32 KB, 700x625) Image search: [Google]
1443353921312.jpg
32 KB, 700x625
>>335876020
too soon
>>
File: 1460911931351.jpg (41 KB, 480x434) Image search: [Google]
1460911931351.jpg
41 KB, 480x434
>finished both levels
>had a fucking blast the whole time
>decide to try out match making
>it drops me with a guy fresh off the boat
>start clearing suff out
>he's lost as fuck, not equiping anything
>show him where the first few kodama are
>kill the first demon and open the gate
>hit the shrine
>he got too comfortable and rushed two laborers and a demon near the docks
>died before I was even in clear view of them
>join another host, the exact same thing happened
>join another and I get dropped in fighting the first boss
>host immediately dies before I can even take a swing
I really want to help people out but holy shit man.
>>
>>335876124
>>
>>335875952
You put effort to type this out so here is a you
>>
File: darksoulsduel.gif (2 MB, 367x206) Image search: [Google]
darksoulsduel.gif
2 MB, 367x206
I honestly am enjoying the feel of the combat, and how just a single blow can kill.

The lock-on is trash. They put emphasis on wanting you to pull enemies away from groups, but the camera plays out like it's meant for a brawler with a lot of room for movement.

The quick-reload for the stamina bar is awesome! I'm pleasantly surprised to find something that doesn't just ape Dark Souls. Being able to adeptly time your R1s for a quick stamina recovery can make all the difference in your combat ability. A person that can extend their combat by another 3 swings by timing their R1 can eventually overpower the guard of an enemy with sheer force. I like this eb and flow of combat. Now you can strategically recover your R1 after a combo just so you can absorb the counter blows from your enemy's next attack, instead of just aimlessly rolling or running away. This is the kind of Team Ninja depth I was expecting.

I can already see some things getting patched though. Like the AoE spear kick that drains the stamina of just about every enemy in the demo aside from bosses and Oni.

The ability to assign skills to buttons in your combos is really fun. Having the ability to decide whether you end your combo with a kick or an AoE Ki stun has me actually thinking about what I unlock. The Souls weapon art system wishes it was this cool.

I believe Nioh will be kind of niche at the beginning like Demon's Souls, but pick up steam once people have filled out the Wikis with juicy info to help new players.

Also, is anyone else totally enjoying the dismemberment? Slashing stuff in Bloodborne was fun, but OH man is it cool to see your character slice a dude's head clean off as the blood gushes like a geyser.
>>
>>335875910
He is based off of William Adams
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
Nigga literally changed all of japan and exposed them to the west and established trade routes near single handedly. Samurai=/= warrior you god damn weeb.
>>
>>335877251
t. Conquered
>>
>>335877376
>A person that can extend their combat by another 3 swings by timing their R1

How do you manage to recover so much ki? Everytime I press r1 for the ki burst I get almost nothing.
>>
File: teleports behind you.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
psst
Nothing personnel
>>
>>335877718
Already finished the first boss with zero summons and without asking for tips from here. Working my way to the second one now and don't intend to summon or ask for tips here or look up videos about him.
But even though I enjoy a challenge there is nothing wrong with other people wanting help and knowing where to go and what to do. Its a video game you nerd. Chill out.
>>
>>335877610
Would be hilarious if the end-game equipment are all European plate armor and longswords. The best yokai-slaying sword being Excalibur would also be hilarious.
>>
>>335877857
Was that a god damn parry? Or did he just dodge behind you?
>>335877805
Do it when the bar fills all the way up and you get it all back. Do it before or after that and it falls and gives little to nothing back
>>
>>335877805
When you turn the game on do a few swings and watch your stamina bar.

You'll see that there is the red part that is drained and it gets quickly filled by white.

Time your R1 as the white meter gets larger and that's how much stamina you recover.
>>
>>335876762
>Go to coop
>It's some guy still on the beach
>Kills the first enemy and group or so
>Constantly spawning fucking revenants

Fucking WHHHHYYYY
>>
>>335875098
I sometimes wonder if people now seriously believe that "artificial difficulty" is a thing.
>>
>>335878051
i dont know about that
but there might be muskets later in the game since they were used in japan too
>>
File: 6567476587.jpg (118 KB, 544x517) Image search: [Google]
6567476587.jpg
118 KB, 544x517
>>335877963
I don't believe you.
>>
>>335878110
I think he did the swing too close right when the other guy was going to swing so he clean missed him. Spacing is really important with high stance.
>>335878231
I joined some guy in the village and he kept bringing revenants in expecting to use me to outnumber and kill them. This is not honorabu.
>>
>all those fucking yokai right before the nue boss door
what the fuck do I do about that shit
I just ran past them all and the fucking poison crawlers followed me into the boss room
>>
>>335878369
Did you open the door to the right of the boss door?
>>
>>335878369
there's a shrine right next to the boss
look around more
>>
>>335878369
Find the 2nd shrine to the right of the boss gate. Then MGS your way to the boss gate every time you want to refight the boss.
>>
>>335878447
>>335878452
>>335878467
no I did not
I had 3 yokai on my ass, 2 mini giants primed to fuck my xp up, and a giant had just spawned right before the bossroom
I'll go look for it tomorrow, thanks
>>
>>335878360
>he clean missed him
check the hp
it was a hit, it just didn't kill him by very little
what makes even more anger inducing is how that was a high stance attack and he took it like it was nothing
hence the *teleports behind you*
>>
>>335878693
Oh, now I see. Yeah he just armoured through it since he was also in high stance and swinging.
>>
>>335877857

filthy gaijin trying to practice true nihongo swordsmanship
>>
I feel like they should reduce enemy damage, but increase their health. The combat is really fun, but when the enemy dies in like 3 hits and you die in 4 there's no room to do anything cool.
The demon in the little house was probably the most fun I've had so far fighting something.

Maybe it'll change later in the game?
>>
>>335879625
the second area has tons of those onis and even bigger enemies
>>
Is every enemy supposed to be able to kill me in 2 hits? I'm fine in one on one, but multiple enemies are fucking my face.
>>
File: 1461042747932.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461042747932.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
I'm quitting for today, it's 11pm and I'll end up waking up my whole family with screams of rage

Seriously, they completely missed the point on why Dark Souls is hard, if it's supposed to be inspired by it they're doing it wrong

Dark Souls punishes because it tries to immerse you in its setting, but this is just retarded

Besides the enemy placements there's a bunch of problems with the stamina system, there's a lot to keep track of all of it while having to pay attention at the movement of multiple opponents at times, each of them having different move sets and rage of weapons

tl;dr they have a lot of work to do before the Beta, that's for sure. This isn't immersive, having to pay attention to all of those things together at once isn't what the difficulty supposed to be on
>>
>>335879767
put on some armor
>>
Finally downloaded this. Any absolute beginner tips? I can't even kill dead people right at the beginning, to the left of the first shrine.
>>
File: say what.jpg (42 KB, 1119x710) Image search: [Google]
say what.jpg
42 KB, 1119x710
>>335879776
>Dark Souls punishes because it tries to immerse you in its setting
what beefs do you have with the stamina system? you have plenty of stamina and fast regen even without using the r1 mechanic
>>
>>335880025

Is this more like Souls or Ninja Gaiden laddie boys?
>>
>>335880225
>r1 mechanic

What is the R1 mechanic?
>>
>>335880240
There's influences from both (The second incarnation of Nioh was scrapped when it was deemed too similar to NG, so it's probably residual stuff from that), as well as a bunch of other stuff, but it plays like its own thing.
>>
>>335880116
Triangle stance. Fight one enemy at a time. Slowly lure one at a time if you can. Avoid summoning revenants.
>>
>>335879776
>Dark Souls punishes because it tries to immerse you in its setting

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Stop using buzzwords if you dont know what they mean
>>
>>335880312
you can recover stamina after attacking by pressing r1 if you time it right
look at your stamina bar, or the blue shit that appears around your character
>>
>>335880225
>plenty of stamina
No you fucking dont, not when it comes to multiple enemies at once.
>>
>>335880395
Oh, I was wondering what that was, thanks.
>>
>>335880312
your stamina has a little red bar after attacking that fills with white
if you hit r1 while there is some white you get that much stamina back when using slow weapon styles you can get like 75% of your whole stamina back after a combo
>>335880414
either get good at poke and dodging or pull with your bow/stones nigga
>>
>>335880381
>Dumbest thing I've ever heard
It is true you fucking retard.
Souls isn't hard per se, it punishes you for your mistakes and it doesn't forgive.

Fight in real life you fucking faggot, fight in real life. Or see an actual fight happen.
Make a mistake, and see if your opponent will forgive that.
He won't. Making something believable or appear to be true even though it isn't is what means "immersive".
>>
>>335880414
But yes you do, you have enough to hit a few times then back off to regen after like a second. Give it another try.
>>
>>335880414
you never have to fight more than 2 enemies at once in the demo, and rarely even 2
you get a bow early and it can even one shot enemies with a headshot if they dont wear helmets
>>
>>335879776
Negro, I did this shit drunk as a priest then went back and started helping other players. Go high for laborers, mid for everything else. Get in front of the yokai and just go with dodge-swing-swing. Second boss has huge telegraphs for attacks. Ki burst is a joke, just dodge out of shit and time your moves.
>>
Any stats recommended to/not to level up?
>>
>>335880560

What the fuck are you even writing? The combat is engaging, learn to use the ki pulse system you fucking scrub. You can chain together combos or cancel out of them entirely to dodge/block. Even some weapon skills utilize the ki pulse like the high stance spear.
>>
>>335880829
His reply has 0 to do with Ni-Oh
>>
>>335880312
>ki bar refills after attacks
>hit r1 after combos to get some ki back
>with proper speccing you can stance dance for even more ki gains
>>
>>335880808
stamina does not increase your "stamina"
the stamina bar is called ki, you can increase it by leveling heart
leveling stamina increases your equip weight by a very small amount so it's not really worth leveling
get some dexterity to use exploding shuriken
>>
File: 1461523729910.gif (366 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
1461523729910.gif
366 KB, 400x328
>>335880560
You need a nap.
>>
>>335880892

It doesn't have anything to do with rationality either, it's just word vomit.
>>
>>335881107
You're a retard.
>>
>>335881107
Agreed.
>>
>>335881241
Take your meds and get some rest anon.
>>
File: Wily A Best.png (151 KB, 233x375) Image search: [Google]
Wily A Best.png
151 KB, 233x375
>fill out the survey before even playing the second stage
>only real issues are that the music was kinda dull and that the demon designs were just ok
>second stage has a fucking beautiful song playing in the background and all these fucking transforming cyclopes running around.
>mfw

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game. I know it's an "alpha" demo but it feels pretty amazing already.
>>
File: 1457568908963.gif (3 MB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
1457568908963.gif
3 MB, 300x282
I just wanted an Onimusha game, why did From Software had to take this from me
>>
OP here. I've calmed down and I'm now starting to figure out some shit I didn't realize before. I'm gonna try giving the boss fight another shot soon.
>>
>finished both missions and found all 15 Kodama, so just spend about half an hour a day just doing summonings, which pretty much always just involves helping people with the two bosses
>get called up to a guy who's just started, hasn't even touched the first katana or anything
>just waiting at the shrine, clearly away for whatever reason
>go through and clear out the entire level up until where the key past the now-dead Oni is needed for the gate to the burning village
>go back to the shrine, he's still away and waiting
>sign out

I hope he doesn't notice that his soul count is a little high and resets it all at the shrine before he explores
>>
Woah just started playing and you can get weapons with elemental effects on them. Combine it with the talisman and you get weird status effects on the enemies.
>>
Beat Nue. Getting those reaction hits on his chest felt sooooo good.

How do I get summoned? Want to try co-op, but pointless to be the summoner with me being level 40 and 3 shotting most enemies.
>>
>>335874739
I beat the entire game naked, no weapons while jerking off with one hand, fucking get good you casual shitheads
>>
>>335881953
In the stage select, highlight a stage and hit X to bring up the info about it

then hit square

enjoy babysitting shitters
>>
File: JUST.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
JUST
>>
>>335882035
fucking loser, i jerked off two guys while sucking off another and still beat the game without getting hit
>>
>>335879776
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls
Have you not played Ninja Gaiden before?
The only thing it follows close to Souls is the stats system & stamina bar, the combat is Onimusha+NG.

Kinda hoping they add the parry mechanic from Onimusha 3 in the final game, shits cool as fuck.
>>
>>335882247
You know what niggalips, im gonna do everything you did but getting ass fucked by two dicks at the same time while blindfolded.
>>
>>335882081

Just use triangle+circle and kill them, two other guys hiding inside a house, and an oni before it runs out
>>
>>335882331
i'd like to see you try, nerd
>>
>>335882327
Yeah i've beaten Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360, and this has NOTHING to do with it

Absolutely nothing
It's nothing as fast, you can't move as freely while hitting + dodging, holy shit I can't even begin to describe how different it is.

You offend Ninja Gaiden by comparing Ni Oh to it.
>>
>>335882401
triangle + circle?
>>
>get past the gang bang orgy with one of the guys spanking it behind the boxes after the fourth try
>run up the path in the little forest
>all of a sudden a tree nip pops out of the fucking bushes and stabs me in the back

fuck
>>
>>335882438
Maybe you'd like to be one of the guys to pound my ass.
>>
>>335882620

Can't remember what it's called in game, but when the little icon in the top left is filled, you can hit triangle + circle to enter a super powered up mode. If you're using the fire wolf spirit, it's great as an emergency "too many enemies" command because your life and stamina are replaced by one bar, and you have until that bar expires to just go hog wild.
>>
this might be the right place to ask. i've been meaning to play onimusha. i mean really play them. I did when i was younger, and i have the original somewhere for ps2, but the last i remember was some fucking ogre that murdered me so much the game offered me easy mode (i was mad)

so...worth trying to get back into? keep in mind that archaic systems aren't an issue, i tend to adapt well to older games.
>>
>Bare handed parry
Hahaha holy shit.
>>
>>335881478
I agree. If this is what they classify as alpha, the official release is going to be a religious experience.
>>
>>335883058
betas are always called alphas these days
the game is supposed to come out this year and it has been in development for years
>>
>>335882776
This is nothing like onimusha, though I do recommend that series.
>>
Just kill me family
>>
>>335882517
Obviously it's not literally copy/paste, but executing moves like square+traingle, up+x etc.'s their trademark, even their press r1 to regain Ki thingy is something Team Ninja would do.

I'm just kinda mad where there's retards saying it's a direct Souls copy.

>>335882776
Why not, just start with Oni3 or Dawn of dreams if you have it. They're by no means hard at all. I really liked the critical attack from Oni 3 though, not sure if 4 has it, forgot.
>>
>>335875952
My friend that post is not of a fedora but a solid point.

However, these days Fromsoft hires companies to write guides, and thus the true conquerers, the ones who formed the community before wikis like Fextralife took over, will never have their moment again.
>>
>>335874713

I just went the long way around them.

Otherwise, the caltrops are great for dealing with groups.
>>
>>335883240
Your image got me wondering, is there a way to repair shit? There's the consumables for your weapon, but can I just repair all of my stuff using currency?
>>
>>335875098

Just ki pulse faggit
>>
>>335882776
They're a lot of fun. I recently replayed the first 3. I 'm not a big fan of the games that come after that, but those 3 really had the atmosphere I was looking for.

The camera/fighting can be really hard to get used to, though.
>>
>>335883562

Not that I'm aware of. Money seems to just be for fun right now, everything else is gotten with amrita.

If you have something you're fond of that breaks, just use something else until you find some whetstones or glue. They start dropping like candy later on.
>>
>>335883562
using items is the only way to repair your shit in the demo
but you get so many weapons from drops that you can just switch weapons instead of repairing them
>>
The fucking lightning boss kills you in one hit no matter how much health you have, no matter how much defense you have.
>>
>>335884014
It doesn't.
>>
>can't even make it to or even find the second shrine
I'll completely admit I'm bad, but I'm having fun.
>>
>>335874412
Git gud.
>>
>mfw playing Nioh and can't even get to the boat because I get swarmed by Samurai and yokai

How the hell do you guys do it?
>>
>>335875952
Upvoted

Nice effort.
>>
>>335884345
Take every enemy one at a time. It's a lot slower than you'd think. It takes some time to really play it not like Dark Souls.
>>
I thought the phantom attacks frame attacks whatever the fuck it is called when you slide some frames away but the enemy hits you

I thought it was shit on DS3 but god damn this game takes the cake

still fun but I don't see how it is hard at all
>>
Just completed the first level by only using my fists on humans.

Think I'm gonna stop playing now.
>>
>>335879776
>there's a lot to keep track of all of it while having to pay attention at the movement of multiple opponents at times, each of them having different move sets and rage of weapons
GIT GUD.
>>
>>335884345
Headshot enemies with your bow and they'll die in one hit if they don't have a helmet.
>>
>>335878336
Artificial difficulty IS a thing, but it's not the thing they're talking about.
>>
>>335884345
Take out enemies one at a time. There are a lot of enemies you can skip entirely. The Oni can't climb on top of the shacks, so you can just run away from them. Take common enemies without helmet out with the bow.

There enemies in almost every house, but you can just outright skip all of them.
>>
>>335875952
So if I suck at the games, take forever to beat them, but always play them blind and don't summon, what does that make me? Because relative to the skill levels of a lot of other players I'm pretty damn casual, but I never use guides or anything and figure everything out on my own.
>>
DSP is doing fine in Nioh. Surely /v/ermin isn't that much worse than DSP?
>>
>>335884837

It's not about being gud, it's about gitting gud. You measure against yourself, like Parkour or lifting or some shit

If you didn't use guides/summons/cheese tactics, you are a conqueror,
>>
File: tumblr_mi8pqq2Y1R1rjfar2o1_1280.jpg (229 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi8pqq2Y1R1rjfar2o1_1280.jpg
229 KB, 600x849
>>335874412

WHAT DOES THE MARK OF THE CONQUEROR DLC DOOOOOO
>>
>>335884062
Yeah it does actually faggot. Test it yourself. The only thing I may agree with you is that the lightning out of the mouth knocks down about 95% of your health
>>
>>335885186
I've gotten striken by the lightning strikes and it took two to kill me, even without Raiken spirit guardian.
>>
How do you kill the oni in the residence area? I can't stun them and they're insanely fast at dodging PLUS they have multiple godspeed combos.
>>
>>335878127
Stamina has a mother fucking active reload? Jesus christ maybe I should turn the game back on.
>>
>>335884934
Damn dude, I thought I was the only one who noticed. Although, you know how Phil is with bosses.... I don't think he'll finish since the demo goes away May 5th
>>
>>335885168
goddamn i haven't fapped to misty for the longes time but now i'm tempted.

maybe a spicy misty x tifa combo for old times sake
>>
>>335885353
>Being this mad and delusional

It's impressive that someone actually spent time making a conspiracy image because people are enjoying a demo.
>>
>>335885297
Its weird, guarding I lived once but had like no health. Although, I have 316 defense 1600 health, and lightning resistant armor yet still does nothing. It's always been one hit kill mainly though. I'm not the only either, look online.
>>
>>335885353
THANK YOU SHILLMAN
>>
>>335885353
You could at least do the Nue one.
>>
>>335885353
THANKS YOU SHILLMAN
>>
>>335885774
Fuck, should've gone with that. Next thread then.
>>
>>335885367
There's three of them and two in the beach, but you can just skip almost all of them. Remember that they can't climb on the rooftops.
>>
>>335885353
THANK YOU SHILLMAN
>>
>>335885859

I don't want to skip them though. I'm only going to assume that they will become regular enemies in the full game. I just want to know why it appears to be impossible to take one down.
>>
File: 1447965568502.jpg (15 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
1447965568502.jpg
15 KB, 234x230
>>335879776
>>
>>335882776
The first Oni is fairly short and it's a good intro to the series and and the characters as well as a number of mechanics that will be built upon in future games.
Oni 2 is the best in the series featuring branching storylines, cool side characters who are all playable and motherfucking GOGANDANTES, the greatswordsman of all demons.
3 is pretty cool but the time-travel plot is kinda shitty and I have no idea why Jean Reno's body double is in the game.
4 is shit.
>>
>>335885990
I found the one with two swords a lot weaker than the initial first one. I found keeping distance while attacking with a well timed heavy strike pretty viable.
>>
The only thing I'm having trouble with is when you attack with the axe it eats like 50 stamina and it takes ages for even the Pulse bar to fill it back up, so you can wait for it to go all the way if you have time but tougher enemies recover way faster and if you start blocking you will get ground down. Was mainly a problem with that level 20 phantom in the cave on the beach. He dropped his whole armour set though and shit is ballin'.
>>
File: Gomenasai.jpg (955 KB, 1908x2148) Image search: [Google]
Gomenasai.jpg
955 KB, 1908x2148
Well, finally found the last of the little bastards.

It took me 45 minutes of looking to even notice the ledge off the third shrine near the door.

>>335886104
It was strictly down to Capcom attempting to make the franchise more marketable in Europe. It didn't really work, 3 sold okay, but not brilliantly.
>>
>>335886124
ARIGATO SHIRUMAN
>>
Is that Geralt of Rivia I'm seeing?
>>
>>335886430
witcherfags are the worst
>>
>>335886124
ARIGATO SHIRRMAN
>>
>>335874412
Who Raikiri here?
>>
>>335887285
The spear you get for beating Nue a second time is more fun to play with, desu senpai
>>
This alpha just depresses me that I share a board with all these shitters.

I bet you all shit your pants while playing Ninja Gaiden as well.
>>
>>335874412
man soulsbabbys getting BTFO by a real game never gets old.
>>
File: 1453638032704.jpg (628 KB, 1023x723) Image search: [Google]
1453638032704.jpg
628 KB, 1023x723
>Finally a game that has a satisfying spearfag experience
>>
>>335886124
ARIGATO SHIRRMAN
>>
>>
Can someone explain the stamina mechanic?
>>
>>335888087

>Cool Chillin as Max
>Deermud

I like your image anon.
>>
File: o kurwa.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
o kurwa.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>335888141
>>
>>335886379
I feel this game will have other playable characters besides William, probably a female character.
>>
>>335886124
ARIGATOU SHIRUMAN
>>
>>335888414

I was thinking about that. They could actually have a selectable sex for the protagonist, just have female William Adams be some crossdresser who starts with lower base strength and higher heart or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 854x480
>bastard child of Ninja Gaiden and Soulsborne
>TOO DIFFICULT

No shit faglords.
Enemies deal huge damage but you have such tools at disposal that it is fair.

You have superior:
-mobility
-defense capabilities
-gorillion of parries
-shitload of USEFUL tools
-actually god tier bow

And diversify usage of weapons.
Katana for "1v1 fite me faget"/yokai.
Spear for two or more enemies.
Axe/Hammer for armored/yokai.

This game has NG DNA of "git gud".
>>
I'm up to the first boss on the boat and I'm not sure how to proceed. I used the axe on him but doesn't look like I can stagger him.

Also I don't really understand this ki pulse thing at all, can someone explain it like I'm really stupid?
>>
>>335888414
The way the level select screen shows William on the left with a nameplate makes me think that was made to be swappable.
>>
>>335888669
But NG wasn't a shittily design mess that was all about leveling up stats and farming weapons. On NG, you felt awesome when thrown in the middle of 10 enemies, and here you only want to cheese everything.
The similarities that this game shares with Souls games are its hugest flaws, to the point it's almost garbage
>>
>you don't even loose that much stamina if you block and don't take any damage
>'waaaah the game is so hard'

You probably could play through this game like a Dark Souls shield baby and be successful.
>>
>>335874412
Do i need psn+ to download the demo ?
>>
>Kekkai Talisman
>Actually activates Meme Mode

These things are overpowered as fuck.
>>
>>335888775
Yokai can only be staggered if their Stamina Bar is red. You have to punch through the black/grey bar first. The easiest way to do this is hit once or twice and then dodge out of combat, rinse and repeat.

After every attack you do, you'll notice little blue orbs floating around and into your character. If you press R1 during this effect, you will perform a 'Ki Pulse'. This automatically restores some of the stamina that you lose for performing your combo and has the added effect of (if timed correctly) dispelling the black mist that Yokai leave behind.

By the way, that Black Mist slows down your Ki recovery and is generally a pain in the ass. Solve it by perfecting your Ki Pulses or by using the Ohmyo magic Talisman that buffs you to automatically dispel them.
>>
>>335889069

No, it's completely free, multiplayer even works without +.

Only thing is it'll be finished next week and disabled.
>>
>>335886124
SHOO SHOO NUE NUE
>>
>>335886124
ARIGATO SIHRRUMAN
>>
>>335888896
>you only want to cheese everything
Maybe (you) only want to cheese everything, faggot. Have some Honoru, gaijin pig-dog.

>>335889053
Enemies don't stagger long enough after hitting your guard for you to punish a guard like you can in Dark Souls. Shield is so fucking Easymode in that game.
>>
>>335889127
I needed to make a new profile to get 2 days free ps+ to download the demo. PS+ only (at least in Germany).
>>
>>335889127
Holy shit and im here sitting like and idiot thinking i need ps+ downloading now. At what exact date does it expires ?
>>
>>335888775
>>335889108
Basically, after every 'combo' that you do, you should be either hitting R1 for a Ki Pulse or using the combo-dodge.

Keep in mind that the lower your stance is, the better dodge you get. In this way, you may want to enter with a big Triangle attack in High Stance, then swap to low while it is executing to perform a quick dodge away after landing the blow.
>>
>>335889272

Germany sounds pretty shitty then, it was free completely in Australia.
>>
>>335889340
May 5.
>>
>>335889340

May 5th.
>>
>>335886124
ARIGATO SHIIRRUMAN
>>
>>335889238
>Maybe (you) only want to cheese everything, faggot.
Maybe because the reward to do anything else is fucking small?
>>
So what stats are worth pumping? Scaling stats seem pretty shit, like the KI and HP stats.
>>
File: 1426870699522.png (393 KB, 395x599) Image search: [Google]
1426870699522.png
393 KB, 395x599
>>335889579
Let's talk about 'cheesing' things and feeling 'good' about beating enemies, anon.

What do you consider 'cheesing' in this game?

What would make you 'feel good' about beating enemies in this game?
>>
>>335889654
Just look at how many Skill points each stat gives you, really.

I made the mistake of pumping Stamina on my first play and that shit was pointless.

Just spread your stats around to match the gear you want to equip and go from there.

Want to use Ninjutsu? Put points in it.
Want the bonuses that a particular Spirit offers you? Put points in it.
Want to use Ohmyo? Put points in it.

It's fairly straightforward.
>>
>>335889654
Go with what you like. I went strength stamina and body. Also choose dexterity or magic and level that a bit because ninjutsu and the talismans are pretty useful tools against bosses and oni.
>>
>>335889654
There are definitely diminishing returns, too, so min-maxxing is pretty much pointless in the demo.

I wouldn't suggest trying to do both Ninjutsu and Ohmyo unless you only do a little of both, since they both grant you slotted items and you only really have 2 free slots for quick items.
>>
>>335889857
What this nigga said;
Ninjutsu and Ohmyou are very useful.
I hear the poison trap isn't very good, but the Exploding Shuriken and the Slow Talisman are great. I also like to use the buff talisman that dispels the murky black shit that Oni leave behind.

Elemental Buff talismans are good early but not so great later on because the game outright hands you a great lightning sword and fire spear. I dunno about Hammers/Axes, though, maybe it's worth it to buff those.
>>
>>335886124
ARIIGATO SHIIRRUMAN
>>
Finished it yesterday (if the lightning dog is the last thing you can do) and yeah it's alright. Visually it's pretty dull, most of both levels is made up of wet dirt. It also obfuscates some stuff even more than Dark Souls. Learn by dying is one thing, but some of this just seems poorly designed and convoluted with little reason to be.

Stamina stuff also seemed weird. Like when you try attack at low stamina you get frozen, fair enough. But when an enemy has no stamina they can still just attack if they want. Also being able to hit while you're already down and unable to roll is bullshit. Some'll think it's cool cause it's stupid, but part of the enjoyment of Dark Souls comes from knowing that death (most of the time) is your fault. There's plenty situations in Nioh where it's not really your fault. Like getting hit with lightning while in an animation you can't get out of.

Real promise though. Feels real good to kill a dbag who's been shitting up your day. Sometimes though it's the game design not the enemies
>>
>>335889693
>What would make you 'feel good' about beating enemies in this game?
When I'm not forced to do a 1v1 situation, where spamming heavy attack with the upper stance won't make me win automatically, since 1v1 is piss easy?
And on 1v2+ situations, that I can do something else than circle straffing or running away then hitting once, and repeat until the enemy's dead?
All the time I try to play stylish I get anally blasted because the game encourages 1v1, but 1v1 is piss easy, while 1v2+ are hard as fuck.
This game has an enormous issue with the risk/reward. Whatever you do, the reward will be the same. You won't get any bonus for parrying or for beating some enemies in a short span of time.
The only way to play this game right is to put yourself in situations of 1v1, THAT ARE FUCKING BORING(or to kill enemies in one hit with the bow)
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 199x253
So I ran out of stamina,mashed all butons and did some instant kill move that regained my KI bar to full.

How do you actually do it?
Is it frame perfect button?
>>
>>335888181
Sure anon.
So every attack takes stamina/ki as you probably figured out. The different stances and weapons take different amounts of stamina with low stance being the least and high being the most, and with sword taking the least and axe taking the most. Now getting attacked whether you block the attack or not also takes away stamina and each weapon and stance takes away a different amount from the enemy or yourself. When there is no more stamina left if you take another action that requires it like attacking dodging running or blocking you will be staggered. In this staggered state you can be knocked down and suffer extra damage.
This applies to enemies too and when an enemy runs out of stamina they can be knocked down with an attack or stabbed with triangle.
The way you recover stamina is called a ki pulse. What you do is press r1 when the stamina you have used fills up with blue. This will recover all or most of the stamina used if done correctly.
>>
>>335890132
But you can roll away if you're get knocked on the ground.
>>
>>335876124
>Not posting Rawhide Kobayashi.
>>
So I spent the better part of an hour practicing dodging with revenants and the captain at the start of the second mission using low stance and I have to say unless you are dodging straight back then you are better off blocking. The only way side to side dodges are handy is if it is a heavily telegraphed move like a high stance sword or axe swing which lets you get behind an enemy while they have low stamina from their heavy attack. Side to side dodging is also very bad against aoe attacks like mid spear and mid axe.
All in all low stance katana just seems the weakest of the stances. It doesn't really have any uniqueness that makes it better than being able to parry or do as much damage as high stance.
>>
Wait,you can parry enemies who have axe?
>>
>>335890696
Low stance katana + kick + KI pulse = KI for days.

Low stance should be your ender to all high stance combos.
>>
>>335890703
Yes.
>>
I finished it and in the end was disappointed.

It's a decent challenge and I like all the mechanics and ideas. I just don't like how everything feels. It feels like every button you press has to go through thick molasses.

I'm also not a fan of how the lock-on works, it just seems to not work with how the rest of the game is designed. The biggest challenge isn't how much damage enemies do or having to dodge/manage stamina. The challenge comes from slightly tilting the stick too far and making him run turning his back.
>>
Who here runs with the Evil Slayer? Hammer that absolutely rapes Oni. Does water damage and wrecks their stamina to shit in one combo
>>
Wow, found out that if you dodge in direction of enemy just before he attacks, you will instantly go behind his back.
>>
>>335890782
After you get a hold of the mechanics you can run with anything. Been rocking high stance axe all day. All that matters is proper timing and spacing.
>>
>>335891047
I have the same complaints but I loved it. It's only Alpha and these are small issues. The lock on could be smoother and work better against groups of enemies for smoother transitioning.

The stick thing isn't too big of a deal once you get a hang of it. Though I expect they'll probably make it so you can push the stick and still keep a guard stance
>>
File: 1461183494056.png (417 KB, 561x358) Image search: [Google]
1461183494056.png
417 KB, 561x358
>2016
>game has been out for 3 days
>there are still people that aren't using an axe with a high stam+str build and tanking massive amounts of damage in heavy armor while being unstaggerable and insta staggering all enemies
Why do you hate yourselves? Don't you want to kill oni in five or six hits?
>>
>>335891632
You wouldn't understand since you didn't pursue
>>
>>335891632

I'd use the axe more if I wasn't totally enamoured with the little "flick-and-sheathe" katana animation.

The fact that the axe black glints in the moonlight is great too though.

Also I hear a metallic ringing noise quite a bit, does that signify anything or just ambience?
>>
>>335874412
>souls babbies cant handle a no shield run

Just like bloodborne
>>
I can't git gud with Ki Pulse. I keep forgetting it's a thing and always running out of Ki.
>>
Overall I love this game but I would change.

+Weight system from Souls, just drop it.
With amount of equipment you get it is kinda annoying, especially considering rarity.

+A better hit confirm animation/sound design/blood splatter.

+Canceable item animation.

+Access to all types of weapons at once, really do not know why we have to discard one type of weapon.

+More i-franes in dodge.

+Slightly nerf damage from weak enemies.

+This isn't for me, but have PROPER indepth tutorial in retail release.I feel casuals will uave much harder time here than in Suls due to speed of gameplay.
>>
>>335891632
>dropping *unsheathes katana* for some WoW mclarge huge weapon

Shamefur dispray.
>>
>>335891865
>make it more causal
>make it more casual
>make it more casual
>make it more casual
>make it more casual
No. And there is a tutorial. As you collect shit it tells you how to fight
>>
>>335891865

>+Weight system from Souls, just drop it.
Nah, stuff breaks easier and you can recycle shit easily at the bonfire so equipment is more disposable. The interface mentions you can acquire items while recycling so I think it's more developed as a system than you realize.

>+This isn't for me, but have PROPER indepth tutorial in retail release.I feel casuals will uave much harder time here than in Suls due to speed of gameplay.

I don't think this is the actual first level, most demos don't use the first level.
>>
>>335875952
I regret looking up so much stuff in my Demon's and Dark playthroughs.
And even if I hadn't I'd been spoiled on a lot of Dark's story/bosses. I enjoyed Bloodborne and Dark 3 so much more for playing them blind.
>>
>>335891858
Just get in the habit. Fight some revenants and practice.
>>335891959
Can't hear you over dealing more damage than any weapon in the game and insta staggering ninjas.
>>
Will this have actual PVP/co-op gameplay?
>>
File: 1375567465474.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1375567465474.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>boot this up again
>play 5 minutes
>get one shot by that axe guy near the first bonfire
>close the game

I'll just wait for the game to come out to get good, this is frustrating.
>>
>>335892197

It already has co-op. Leave a cup at the shrine and someone can join your game. I had a guy join mine.
>>
I have a problem with the stamina stuff.

It's like, the enemies aren't the problem. If they kill you because of you being stupid, that's fine.

But what's really scary is not the enemy. It's the stamina. That's the 90% most scary thing in this demo/game.
>>
>>335892214
>bonfire
fuck yourself
>>
>>335892197
It has co op gameplay already. Hopefully there will be PvP and the makers have said that "you will be able to intefere in other players worlds"
>>
File: 1378334477676.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1378334477676.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>fire arrow at a guy's head
>it falls off
>>
Considering how overpowered bow is I wonder if arrows will be a droppable item only.

Or cost a fuck ton of amirata.
>>
>>335884345
Stop trying to play it like Dark Souls. You NEED the Ki Burst mechanic down until its second nature. After you get used to Ki burst the game is ez pz
>>
>>335892390

You can get arrows as a gift for offerings.

Also worth noting that they're only really OP against guys with no helmet.
>>
>>335892390
>droppable item only.
They kind of are currently? You can only carry twenty with you and the ronin are more protected making them not as good. There's also the Kodama blessing for ranged ammo if you're worried.
>>
File: tumblr_nyqyaanovp1uazugyo1_500.gif (966 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyqyaanovp1uazugyo1_500.gif
966 KB, 500x281
>>335892362
We princess mononoke now
>>
>>335892280
Parry your enemies.
Use kick a lot.
RUN when enemy prepares an attack, dodge when it can hit you.
Ki-fucking-Pulse.
Try to use Low Stance as your connector to Mid/High one.
>>
This game is ace.
I don't want to say I'm enjoying this more than Dark Souls 3, but I might be.
>>
>>335874713
Headshot them from behind the house.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 220x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 220x225
We NEED fedora/trenchcoat DLC alongside "nuttin personnel kidd" gesture.
>>
>>335892197
It has co-op (Though the netcode is atrocious), and Team Ninja said at TGS that you'll be able to "meddle with the worlds of other players". It was mentioned independently of the bloodstain revenant system, so I took it to meant that they were talking about invasions, but it could be something different.
>>
Is there a way to specifically invite friends/be invited by friends? LIke how passwords were in BB? Or is it just random.
>>
>>335892760
we don't need more memes, faggot
>>
>>335892606
I actually think I ruined my DS3 thanks to Ni-Oh.

I am at Anor Londo and when I jumped in back from Ni-Oh i was "Fuck this is boring".
>>
>>335892795
Just random at this stage. There'll probably be some kind of matchmaking system like BB, but it can't hurt to say something about it in the survey.
>>
File: Worst_Nue_Death.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Worst_Nue_Death.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>screwing around with co-op and helping some bros through
>eventually accidentally go into the level instead of queue for co-op
>whatever, I'll just clear it real quick
>Get to Nue
>have him down to 1 hit from death on the first try
>run out of ki right before the killing blow
>get 1-shot
Fucking fuck.
>>
What's the best guardian spirit to use?
>>
>>335892941
Shark is overpowered.
>>
>>335892941
Everyone I've seen is using the ami fox. It seems to give the best combat stat boosts, but they all have situational uses.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.