[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't git gud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
Who /shit at Dark Souls/ here? It's okay, I know you're there somewhere. Stuck at undead burg because of Taurus Demon.

Should I just grind for souls?
>>
>>335868752
just do dropping attacks or throw black firebombs at him
>>
either get gud or play a better game, fuckass.
>>
>>335868752
jonathan is it you
>>
>>335868752
Don't grind for souls. Learn to recognize attack patterns from bosses and enemies and how to deal with them.
>>
>>335869580
I am, but I think my problem is that I hug close to the boss and roll too damn much without thinking.
>>
I beat bloodborne + Old Hunters and justg started DaSII, beat the last giant and am stuck on the pursuer now WTF I feel so casual
>>
>>335868752

I just uninstalled after 2 hours

fuck that shitty game
>>
>>335869674
>without thinking
Well, there's your problem. Stop panicking when you're fighting guys and pay close attention to their attacks behind a shield
>>
>>335869674

Taking the bait, but rolling is THE most important thing in DS. Not armor or health or whatever. For what-the-fuck-ever reason, rolling gives you a small window of invincibility. You could roll right into the taurus demon's attack and come out without damage if you learn the timing
>>
>>335869674
>I hug close to the boss
That's good as long as you're staying in their ass or armpits where they can't hit you.

Just run past him and his dogs and go straight for the stairs, the goal is to separate him from his dogs and kill them off first. He moves way slower than his dogs so you can get them apart from each other, even though the area is small.

With the dogs dead, you can focus on him and eventually kill him. He's super easy if you cheese him or know how to use a shield properly.
>>
>>335870004
My endurance is pretty low since it's the beginning. But...even if the block is broken, does it still resist damage?
>>
>>335869770
good, you don't deserve it.
>>
>>335869756
level your adp
>>
>>335870080
I dunno, why don't you try playing the fucking game?
>>
>>335868752
Summon a pal to help you ,[|:^)
>>
>>335869674
Getting close is pretty much the ideal way of beating Taurus Demon, pretty much right up to his crotch. He winds up for an attack, you either avoid it outright by circle strafing him or learning when to roll forward with the i-frames protecting you. Don't get too greedy with hits either, watch your stamina.
>>
>>335869756

Can't tell if troll, never played BB but I keep hearing how it's DLC is the hardest of the Soul series. But yea, just circle around to his right, roll when he swings
>>
>>335868752
After I beat the tutorial boss I stopped playing because he was too hard
>>
>>335870080
If your guard is broken, it will still deflect as much damage as is warranted by the stamina you had left before the guard broke. But don't try to block with a shield if you don't have the stamina to survive an entire combo w/o breaking your guard, because those moments where you're staggered after your guard breaks are usually enough to get your shit pushed in.
>>
>>335870071
Op is stuck on Taurus Demon. Not Capra.
>>
>>335868752
Skip the Taurus Demon, it's pretty hard. Go through the graveyard and down into the cave area instead, that's the best path early on.
>>
>>335870646
Oh, got my demons mixed up... but taurus demon is super cheeseable, just have to keep dropping on him from the top of the ladder.
>>
>>335870796
No joke, that's actually how I start my playthroughs these days, going straight for Rite of Kindling at SL1 with no pyromancy, as long as you're human you can force Leroy to do all the work for you.
>>
>>335870028
>For what-the-fuck-ever reason
Japs love i-frames, are you really this new to vidya? MGR had i-frames, DMC trilogy, and plenty more popular Jap action games besides. It's not really a Jap action game if you can't get through a fight completely unscathed.
>>
File: tumblr_mywdemyjdp1rg3vrmo1_500.jpg (99 KB, 494x570) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mywdemyjdp1rg3vrmo1_500.jpg
99 KB, 494x570
>>335870796
>not telling him to hit the floating skulls for more souls
It's like you DON'T want him to succeed.
>>
>>335870080
Let your shield down between hits, stick under his legs since he can't even hit you there, and try to remember what the damn tutorial boss taught you.
>>
>>335870181
I have to like 20... Guess I just need to git gud
>>
>>335868752
should really consider playing something else. I don't get why people think that ds1 meme is fun. it's not.
>>
Thanks lads. I know his attacks now. I died, but I trimmed down almost half his health. Next time I see him, I shall conquer. I know what to do, and how to react.
>>
>>335871316
DS1's tutorial boss literally teaches you to run away until you're powerful.
>>
>>335872057
I got him down to only needing to hit him one more time on my very first try, and then died to him like 10 times in a row.
>>
>>335872076
And then..?
>>
>>335872454
Probably die a bunch of times like OP's already doing, I don't recall it being much easier than Taurus tbqh.
>>
>>335872657
Literally after you run away and go back to fight it...
>>
File: 1459488315927.jpg (8 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
1459488315927.jpg
8 KB, 299x168
Well, I'm pretty shit at the lore... I guess. Finished it not so satisfied, ill for sure NG it for the endings.
I was a pussy, and got pretty much the worst ending. Gave her the eyes, she said darkness would ensue. As someone that is asked to find and bring back the Lords of Cinder to their thrones at Firelink Shrine, I killed her and retrieved the eyes back, then went and fought unlimited blade works dude (I think hes what the player was supposed to be in the previous dark souls entries, and thats why he has all the different weaponry), and that was it. Linked the flame - skip to credits.
Not so exciting to be honest.
>>
>>335873974
>darkness would ensue
Oh at least you got a somewhat good endi-
>retrieved the eyes back
>Linked the flame

Whelp, literally the bad ending. Pro tip: in the Dark Souls series dark is good, flame is bad.
>>
I finally started to sit down and play this game and I just got through Anor Londo through many hours but i feel im just becoming less enthused by the game overall. Im not sure what it is exactly, I just dont really have the drive to try and complete this game anymore.
>>
>>335868752
im pretty bad at dark souls desu.

im stuck at the deep cathedral or whatever. just before the maggots. i climb the ladder and go to the right and fight off the ambushes but cant seem to get past. too many fucking ambushes.
>>
Hey lads, how viable is it to just go through with wielding a sword with two hands, and rolling to dodge attacks?
>>
>>335874571
i wanted to make a faraam lion knight build that involved dual wielding. im not good enough for that though.
>>
I beat Dancer and Oceiros on my first try just now. This is my first souls game too, so OP if I can do it you can do it.
>>
>>335874571

Depends. If you're good enough at dodging, shit is actually more viable since you can dump the points you would've put in STR to other shit.
>>
>>335874571
100%. My first run of Dark Souls III was like that and, while I did die a little more than I probably could have, I had a pretty easy time with the game and did pretty well in PvP. In Dark Souls it's just as viable, as well.
>>
Lads, I beat him.
I got the first hit, then wielded my longsword with both hands and rolled like hell.
This feels so good. I was almost shaking.
>>
File: 1461293313829.jpg (133 KB, 780x818) Image search: [Google]
1461293313829.jpg
133 KB, 780x818
>>335868752
last night i went to my friends house and played dark souls 3 for the first time. i picked the thief class and i died many times on the first boss in the starting area.
>>
File: 1.jpg (52 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52 KB, 660x495
>>335875427
Nice.
Be wary of drake
>>
>>335875427
Good on ya m8. Lots of git gud fags won't admit it but we all had a smidgen of trouble with this boss at first. Carry on as the rest of the game is just as rewarding when you beat it. Next area and boss are fun. Then comes blight town which will get pretty hard. But if you survive through that you will have rung both bells and be at one of my favorite parts. Then to scenic Anor Londo and if you beat that hey that's half way! Keep on trucking I believe in you
>>
>>335875693
>drakefagging
>implying not as bad as brony
cute pun though
>>
>>335875427
Good job. Keep trying and adapting to different boss patterns and that will see you through the entire game. It's a very satisfying feeling when you beat a boss that you were struggling with.
>>
File: meemee maymay.png (639 KB, 1106x787) Image search: [Google]
meemee maymay.png
639 KB, 1106x787
>>335875989
I wouldn't say it's brony-tier, since it's not as widespread, and accepted by "normal people".
It's definitely Pepe-tier I will admit, so I apologize.
>>
>>335875427
That's how I felt when I finally put down Father Gascan in BB. That game was my first "Souls" experience, with DS3 being my second. I still get jittery when a boss is close to being dead, or when I'm in a pinch.
It's a great feeling for me. Brings back memories of playing my NES.
>>
OP here, found Solaire. I can use him to help me? But I think I have to sacrifice a humanity, right?
>>
>>335874176
>Pro tip: in the Dark Souls series dark is good, flame is bad.

Why is this? I've racked up the different endings and I guess I just haven't invested enough into the lore because they all seem like "eh shit's fucked" endings.
>>
>>335877870
Yes. Talk to him until you get the White Sign Buttplug.
Then his sign will be right before the boss.
If you use that stone yourself, you get a point of humanity in the upper left if you help someone else defeat a boss, which is usually a cakewalk with 2 people. You can do this while hollowed, just in case you've completely run out of item humanities.
>>
>>335878597
H-how many times can I use it?
>>
>>335878765
Infinite times, it's not like a cracked orb. When you use it, it places a sign that will appear in other people's games, if they are around 10 levels higher or lower than you. That means don't place it anywhere secluded and maybe don't place it in a place where you're underleveled.
The next fight is Gargoyles. You'll want to place your sign either at the very start after the drake's bonifre, or in the courtyard with 3 hollow knights leading to the blacksmith.
>>
I'm a dark souls vet who's never been somewhere a little above below average, but a little under above average and maybe somewhere above or below average. if you need some advice I'll say whatever I can make up on the spot to answer it for you.
>>
>>335879091
Must be very useful huh? I'm not connected online though, but he said I can still summon him.
>>
>>335879262
Yes, you can do that with NPCs. There's 3 I remember: Solaire, Lautrec, and Witch Beatrice. They won't appear for every boss though. They'll only help for the biggest ones.
Of course, you can't BE summoned or read messages while offline. I'd recommend trying it out after you leave Undead Parish. That's the main place that has huge prick invaders that use endgame weapons.
>>
>>335879594
I should have added you shouldn't see all 3 right off and at the same time. At most you'll have 2 computer buddies to help you.
However, you do save one of those people around an upcoming area. If you see a man in a small, misplaced prison, that's Lautrec. He's a pretty cool dude. If you let him out, he'll be available as a summon midway through the game.
>>
>>335868752
you'll niggas that suck at PVE need to quit gaming, but I've been trying to parry shit in PvP in DaS 3 and I just fucking can't. I don't know if it's lag or what the shit, I swear I land a parry but it just won't register.
>>
>>335877931
Well, shit is always fucked, but haven't you ever wondered why Darkwraiths are like the most pure human enemies in the game/s? Why the bitch that turns up after Yoriel's demise talks about humanity all the time? The fire represents the gods' hold over the land, and keeping the fires linked maintains their power and ultimately continues the curse of the Dark Sign that results in humans going all undead and hollowed. The dark routes in the games however strive for humanities' freedom from the Dark Sign.

The way the games present these two to you is purposefully misleading, the fire is always presented as the "good" option because of all these pawns of the gods trying to sway you into linking the fires, whilst the dark route/s are always presented as dirty and backhanded because you kind of have to skulk around behind the gods' pawns backs to complete them. However once you reach and think over the endings, plus with bits of context from item descriptions, you should be able to piece together what the dark vs fire thing really means. It's most clear in the original DaS, I haven't played DaSII but DaSIII does a really muddled job with the dark route/s since they aren't as secretive as DaS.
>>
>>335879945
>The dark routes in the games however strive for humanities' freedom from the Dark Sign.
not really, not freedom from it but actually freedom through embracing it instead of dismissing it.
>>
>>335879945
this is some primordial serpent heresey right here. I bet you enjoy everlasting archtrees too
>>
>>335879945
>implying that anything vaguely human could live in an age without Fire and Disparity
>>
>>335879818
parry are for tryhard fags anyway
>>
>>335868752
Just finished dragons barracks, Those fucking knights and that frost night wooped my ass over and over! don't give up bruh!
>>
>>335879818
What a fucking tryhard...
>>
I'm out of moss in the swamp, for getting to quelag is the best tactic to just hoof it straight across to poison?

I can skirt the far right and avoid triggering the rock throwing dudes but it takes forever and I burn like 3 estus from the poison damage
>>
>>335880203
>being a supporter of the manipulative gods
>>
>>335880404
Can farm moss in the forest, there's a shortcut back up out of the back end of Blighttown. Try the water wheel thingo.
>>
>>335880620
oh, I saw a lot if
>I did it

around that but the mosquitoes wouldn't fuck off and I kept trudging on. Fighting those things with a halberd sucks. I should have bought more arrows from the depths merchant
>>
>>335868752
I actually just beat the game when Ds3 came out. I've been playing on and off since 2012.
>>
How useful is just blocking?
>>
>>335868752
You can buy a 100% physical block shield from the undead merchant. Then just hold the shield up and hit him when he misses and you have enough stamina to spare.

Or if you don't want to be a pleb, practice rolling through his swings. They're really slow and easy to see coming.
>>
>>335881574
In Demon Souls some boss like maneater or old hero are hoing to fuck your shit up and you'll have to change your playstyle.

In Dark Souls it's pretty broken. I did most of the game with Havel' shield and won most boss encounter the first time. Just remember that it useless against the Four King and that you'll have to outDps them.
>>
>>335880758
Halberd's kinda shit outside of PvP. Slow, not that great damage and the moveset doesn't exactly help you.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.