[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_- f_S4sPoM AURINI IS WITH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: hvjs9ze[1].png (79 KB, 510x319) Image search: [Google]
hvjs9ze[1].png
79 KB, 510x319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_-f_S4sPoM

AURINI IS WITH US
WE SHALL OVERCOME
>>
>>335867575
>AURINI

Who?
>>
>>335867865
Angry goobergaytor racist misogynist.
>>
File: nostcucks.png (1 MB, 1920x868) Image search: [Google]
nostcucks.png
1 MB, 1920x868
>>
>>335867865
How do you have internet access and don't know who Aurini is?
>>
File: 1421393993063.jpg (68 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
1421393993063.jpg
68 KB, 310x400
>>335868087
>if i put a bunch of buzzwords together people will take me seriously
>>
>>335867575
>>335868705

Who?
Polite sage: I don't have any interest in this thread, nost or WoW, I just wanted to let you know your "celebrity" is not such.
>>
>>335868087
>le geegee boogieman
>>
Okay, I've stayed out of this Nostalrius shit the whole time, but at this point I just don't get it.

Why do you all have such a hard dick for Vanilla? I can't wrap my head around it. I played Nost for a bit and the low level content was so fucking slow I couldn't handle it.

Seriously, can anyone explain to me why there's so much love for it? I can't wrap my head around it. Maybe 4chan is the worst fucking possible place to ask, since I'm likely just going to shit on, but at this point I just need to know.
>>
>>335871410
It's the closest that a themepark game that WoW was has ever been to an actual sandbox game (like UO or SWG). Everything after that = wpvp dead, community dead, just watching numbers rise with no communication/interaction between players through professions, etc.
>>
>>335871410

>I played Nost for a bit I was such a fucking casual I couldn't handle it.
>>
>>335872097
>>335871410
I mean if you want a simple and stupid example: warlock mount quest = long lore-based quest that takes you through a dozen zones and dungeons to get a demon horse, BUT when you do it, if you do it alone and pay for all the items, now you have the items to help other warlocks to do their quest so you can set up shop and make money from it, or help people for free/while doing the specific dungeon. If you don't want to do it alone, you can pay someone a fraction of the NPC price to help you, or get someone to help you for free if they like you/you're in a guild with them/you suck their dick This promotes player interaction on multiple levels (social/economic/etc.) and it's just one quest.
>>
>>335872097
Understandable.I don't enjoy world pvp at all, but many do. I can see the grievance there. Now the last part of watching numbers rise, would you mind explaining that further?

>>335872258
Sorry, I don't play MMOs to grind mobs all day. I played WoW for arenas, not pve. Sorry if getting to 2600 multiple times is casul.
>>
>>335872695
Yeah, I've been playing a Wotlk progressive server with my friend because why not, and the whirlwind axe quest was pretty fun, aside from the long as shit traveling. Anything else you guys loved about the game? By the way, thanks for the serious responses.
>>
>>335868705
>How do you have internet access and don't know who Aurini is?

I'm not gay, sorry
>>
>>335872776
>Now the last part of watching numbers rise, would you mind explaining that further?
You literally just sit alone in your garrison, click on things, and watch the numbers rise. There are no social hubs anymore, no reason to ever be around anyone else (except possibly for endgame raiding), there's nothing. It's like Progress Quest.

In Vanilla, if you want to PvP and you want a flame reflector, you better find one of the few guys who have a flame reflector recipe. If you want 30SP on your weapon, you better find one of the few guys that got their guilds to loot assign the recipe to them (which again promotes interaction even on an internal guild level - you're usually going to give it to someone you know isn't going to run away with it, and will contribute a portion of the enchanting price to the guild funds).

Overall it really comes down to it being more towards the world/sandbox game side than a themepark game side than it is currently, and this is coming from someone who despises themepark games, and used to play UO, SWG and EVE exclusively and used to ridicule vanilla WoW at the time of its release and hate it for killing the MMO genre by tainting it with the themepark bullshit.

And now the times are such that it's the closest thing we've got.
>>
>>335868705
127 subs, that's 12 year old minecraft kid tier. No one knows who this is
>>
>>335873602
I see. It seems I stuck to WoW for completely different reasons than most Nost players, as the mmo elements you're mentioning don't sound any fun in my eyes. However it's been a decent eye opener.

However I do agree with the Garrison system, as it takes away from what I enjoy as well. I miss the days standing in gold shire just dueling until my team logged on for 3s.

Again, thank you for the serious response.

However I have more questions if you don't mind. What do you mean by themepark? And was there an auction house in Vanilla? Wouldn't that ruin the aspect of finding the guy with the enchants you need, or could you find the recipe you needed on there?
>>
>>335873984
12k* phone auto corrected it
>>
>>335874020
>What do you mean by themepark?
Themepark = most XP gained by questing, the gameworld is set up in such a way for the quest path to get you from 1-max, like a themepark is set up with attractions leading you from one to another, leads to solo-based games as seen in post-WoW MMOs and later WoW expansions

World/sandbox = the gameworld is set up so that it makes some kind of sense, you can go anywhere/do anything within the limits of the power of your character/party/etc, you can influence the world (for example building your own house in the wilderness, building entire player cities with a political structure, or taking over star systems) leads to more player interaction/cooperation, dead genre due to WoW's success and the general McDonaldization of games.

>And was there an auction house in Vanilla?
Yes.
>Wouldn't that ruin the aspect of finding the guy with the enchants you need, or could you find the recipe you needed on there?
No, since the enchants still had to be applied by the enchanter in the trade window for example. And people with rare engineering recipes almost never put them on the AH because of the ludicrous price of materials, so it was more of a word of mouth/town advertising thing.

If you want to go outside of WoW, in SWG you could build and decorate your shop in your house, or put up your vendors/have a small store in a shopping mall ran by a guild in their guild hall etc. This is a world/sandbox thing, that doesn't exist in themeparks at all.
>>
File: 4323342510.jpg (69 KB, 750x350) Image search: [Google]
4323342510.jpg
69 KB, 750x350
>>335872776
>2600
>he didnt reach 3k rating

literally a casual
>>
>>335868087
three buzzwords in a row

It's a new record!!
>>
File: 1461614045407.jpg (91 KB, 862x500) Image search: [Google]
1461614045407.jpg
91 KB, 862x500
These threads are just a massive waste of time now.
>>
>>335874579
That explains a lot of what I was having trouble understanding. A lot of what you're saying actually sounds a lot of fun. My biggest issue with WoW was just questing the entire time, however I've traded that for buttons to press, at least while leveling.

Opening up your own shops and building your own houses sounds like a lot of fun.

Well, I guess I'm outta here then. Thanks for explaining a lot.

>>335874807

lmao

Well, at least I tried. Guess I am a filthy casul. Anyway, ya'll have fun with trying to get Vanilla back.
>>
>annoying some faggots on the rebirth with bug abuse
>everyone accuses me of being from Nost
>I never played on Nost and started on Rebirth nearly day 1
>>
WoW was never good
>>
>>335875014
Everything is a waste of time, anon. It only goes in one direction.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.