[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gears of War 4 Beta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: gears-of-war-4-1400.jpg (470 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
gears-of-war-4-1400.jpg
470 KB, 1400x788
So how is the beta for you guys? I like it but honestly the characters are shit compared to older gears.

I played a lot of original gears and just remember the maps being a lot better and the characters being a lot bigger and dialogue way better.

Like when you got a perfect reload Marcus would say "OH YEAH"

It's decent but there is something about that original gears that it doesn't capture
>>
Feels kinda cheap from what I've seen

Also isn't this meant to be coming out on PC? I've yet to see a PC beta. After how UE performs on PC I'm pretty fucking worried
>>
>>335860189
It does feel cheap but it also doesn't look or feel close to finished. It is after all the first of 2 betas and 7 months from release
>>
>>335860613
Oh that far away? Thank god, that gives them plenty of time to unshit it. Mechanics look pretty solid but they're seemingly ripped straight from gears 3 so it's not surprise
>>
Maps are pretty weak. Feels more like UE than 3.
>>
I think the campagin will capture the feel of military horror that Gears 1 had before you started pew pew-ing the shit out of everything in Gears 2 and 3. Especially because we don't know what kind of monsters the Swarm have accompanying them.
>>
>>335860856
Yeah they can do a lot better than what I'm seeing. The new game mode dodgeball is pretty cool through. Kill a player to bring a dead teammate back in the game.

That new gun drops hot is pretty cool but it's tough to aim. They also added yanking people over cover which I keep getting caught on
>>
The weapons need to sound less like plastic.
>>
It sucks, but Gears was only ever good for campaign and horde. Only retards play the garbage multiplayer in this series.
>>
>>335861714

This. Only campaign and horde. I still need to go back and beat each campaign in the different difficulties.
>>
>>335861714
Your an idiot and probably only hate multi cause your shit at it.

Campaign is one of the best ever but multi-player is also God tier. Very unique, insane gore, custom weapons, perfect symmetry maps...
>>
>Gears of War is the new Halo
>Original Developers left and faded into obscurity
>Tried to make another game series and failed

RIP Bungie and Epic Games

>>335861714
This is true.

I miss GoW1
>>335861173
PC Port when?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.