[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: MediEvil_Resurrection.jpg (121 KB, 256x442) Image search: [Google]
MediEvil_Resurrection.jpg
121 KB, 256x442
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1453946902154.jpg (6 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
1453946902154.jpg
6 KB, 200x211
What are you talking about? the game was great
>>
>>335859529
Well clearly it didn't resurrect the series.
>>
File: 1461810301554.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1461810301554.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>335859640
>>
>>335859378
Life
>>
File: zarok_6939.png (98 KB, 350x468) Image search: [Google]
zarok_6939.png
98 KB, 350x468
JUST
>>
>>335859378
How's the PS1 version compared to the PSP one?
>>
>>335859640
I hate you
>>
the attempt at making it funny, the removed some levels, and that fucking genie

atmosphere of the original was utterly destroyed

not all of the redone soundtrack was superior, the boss themes especially

it was still decent, though. combos were cool, there was more to do in spite of some levels being cut, the tribeswomans big, black boobs bounce much better, and after you accept the change of tone, going back to dan's crypt each level to read his diary is cool
>>
File: dan video games.gif (39 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
dan video games.gif
39 KB, 220x250
Besides the music being by the same composers and performed by a live orchestra, basically everything.
Shit, even the music is wrong because not all the tracks are in the game, and some are completely misplaced like them using The Time Device's music for The Sleeping Village.

All the level design is totally different, a good third of the levels are just plain missing, movement is slow, the camera angle is atrocious, the weapon selection is made poorer by splitting things into one-handed and two-handed weapons so shields become obsolete after you get the broadsword, there's a lock-on system just because actually aiming yourself towards enemies is a pain, there is ZERO camera control outside of hitting the lock-on button, the d-pad is movement and isnt used for weapon switching or camera control despite the analog stick being a much better option, and all the projectile weapons feel really slow, especially compared to how rapid-fire they all were in the original.

The tone is trash, the art design looks like Nightmare Before Christmas fanart, there's an annoying helper character that doesn't service the plot, there's a big fucking four-piece macguffin that didn't need to be there, Zarok isn't intimidating or funny anymore, Dan is all cowardice and no drive, too many attempts at jokes, too many cutscenes, the gargoyles are completely ruined by being little booger things instead of goat heads, and there's an entire fucking level devoted to SHITTY MINIGAMES, optional as it may be.

Maybe I'd be kinder to it if it weren't related to MediEvil at all, but I didn't have a lot of fun with any part of it.
>>
>>335859640
delete this
>>
>>335859378
nkr this has to stop
>>
>>335859640
SAVAGE
>>
My only big complaint with it is the genie being unfunny as fuck while not SHUTTING UP and shields being pretty much worthless.

Also minigames.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.