[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now that the dust has settled (and all the performance patches,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: RAGE id software 2011.jpg (14 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
RAGE id software 2011.jpg
14 KB, 460x215
So, now that the dust has settled (and all the performance patches, bugfixes and driver updates have come out)..

is this game any good?
>>
It's the most middle of the road game imaginable, even if you ignore that it feels kinda unfinished with stuff like the ending.
>>
>>335853342
It's a textbook example of a game that's mediocre in every way imagineable.
>>
Fuck everyone's opinion, it's a damn wonderful game. It's a more griddy borderlands with better gunplay, and it is a damn fine game. I thoroughly enjoyed the fuck out of it. Rage remastered when
>>
>>335853951
I'd actually pay for the 100GB textures pack they were supposed to release with the SDK but decided not to because Jewthesda.
>>
>>335853342
its shit
>>
Id has never made a good game
Suck my dick
>>
I would've loved it if it had more gunning and less driving. I didn't care for the driving or the forced race sections at all.
>>
>>335854280
>literally invented FPS genre
>most successful FPS games of the 90s were made by them
>never made a good game
Fuck you too

The problem is that NOBODY from original id even still works at it. Almost everyone left in mid 00s and those that remained quit together with Carmack to join Oculus.
>>
Its a good game but like Bulletstorm it was definitely unfinished. I was expecting at least one more city (Crimson Elite utopia city maybe) and two more bosses.

I blame MW3 for fucking up the industry in 2011, nobody wanted to compete with that shit so they obviously pounded out everything early.
>>
>>335853342
BEST GRILLS
>>
>>335854478
>invent
No
>successful
>innovative
Ok, but these 2 words do not imply quality
Doom and quake are garbage.

Like the beatles. Sure they did important things but their music is pretty shit
>>
>>335854821
But it did invent it.
Hovertank 3D, Catacombs 3D and Wolfenstein 3D were all made by id
id also invented texture mapping FPS as we know it with Wolf3D and then Doom
>>
>>335853342
It's fun when the shooting parts happen, but not as fun with the driving and RPG-parts come into play.

I wish it would have stayed a straight shooter with a hub world. More shooting and less of the other stuff. That's what made it fun.
>>
>>335854821
>Doom and quake are garbage.
Wow, I admire your dedication to shitpost
>>
File: Jani.jpg (143 KB, 743x919) Image search: [Google]
Jani.jpg
143 KB, 743x919
>>335854653
To add the main platform they were hoping to profit from was the 360 which required Rage to be on three fucking discs, one of them being the multiplayer. That also fucked them pretty bad.

>>335853951
>>335854041
They really should remaster Rage for the new consoles now that they can handle it, hopefully they pursue this after Doom.

Also Rage had top tier waifus, pic related.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.