[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me anon. Tell me about how much you like memorizing build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: ordercommandery.jpg (769 KB, 1384x702) Image search: [Google]
ordercommandery.jpg
769 KB, 1384x702
Tell me anon. Tell me about how much you like memorizing build orders and executing them as fast as possible, and then losing because you guessed the wrong build orders.

Tell me aaaaaaaaalllllllllll about it.
>>
[Insert Bait Here]
>>
[Insert Bikini Anime Picture Here]
>>
[Insert Dark Souls III here]
>>
[Insert Something Here]
>>
I don't like it. That's why I play 4x instead.
>>
>>335853582
>tfw there will never be a real-time Civilization
>>
I had a fix for this..

Oh yeah, why not make the startup so much less. It plentifully comes up, on the topic, "no rushing"; but what if rushing was the whole game?
>>
>>335853821
There wouldn't be that "missing out" feeling, because not only would the startup be small, there would be no turtle gameplay.
>>
>>335853821
I'm going to have to ask you to breath in, breathe out, and repeat what you just said.
>>
File: 3454235423.jpg (262 KB, 1280x868) Image search: [Google]
3454235423.jpg
262 KB, 1280x868
>>
RTS without build orders and autistic gookclicking when?
>>
>>335854286
Ah so it was Gamer's Hell and not Gamer Shell!
>>
>>335853650

They're making a real time Civilization MMO right now. I wish I was lying.
>>
>>335854727
I'm pretty sure that's not what I meant when I asked for a real-time Civ game.
>>
>>
>>335854816

Well I don't exactly know what you meant. Real time isn't just limited to RTS. And Civilization wouldn't work as an RTS anyway. Of course I think it won't work as an MMO, but they're still making it.
>>
>>335855131
An RTS with grand scale where the only win condition isn't just killing my enemy's base and I can build a grand empire with combat that is similar to Civ's rather than most RTS games having tiny buildings with 200-man armies.

A game without build orders would be ideal.
>>
On the subject of 4x and other strategy games, what are some good games set in the feudal gook periods? Both China and Japan look interesting. Already played Shogun 2 and know about Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but those two series are older than most of /v/ and I have no idea what's a good entry point.
>>
>>335855295

I agree with you, I wish we could have an RTS where the win condition wasn't just killing the enemy base. But so far, the only other win condition I've sen in an RTS is 'build a huge fucking wonder/titan and survive for 10 minutes'. Which is just as bad.

If there was an RTS out there like Age of Empires, but let you win by amassing enough money/faith/resources, I'd play the hell out of it. As it stands, only 4x games let you do that.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (361 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
361 KB, 1360x768
>>
>>335853821
Dawn of War 2 did this and it kind of flopped. It seems like most RTS fans enjoy base building.
>>
>>335855880
this game looks like it had massive potential if developed right.
>>
>>335856060
It was a better game than most give it credit for.
>>
>>335856140
Well yeah but it was unpopular for a reason
>>
>>335856235
Don't think it was that unpopular. They modeled CoH2 after it and it still has a big playerbase.
>>
>>335855837
black and white 2
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.