[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
What went wrong?
>>
>>335822282
Too many bland, pointless and repetitive side quests
The story is intriguing for like the first 45 minutes, after that it loses steam quickly
The one thing I did like was the buddy system, Cait best waifu
>>
>No karma
>The original mood is lost
>Housing, why ?
>Is an Action-RPG, not an actual RPG, so everything is action-turned.

But the game got a great sense of exploration, some neat side quests, a great soundtrack (even if the original mood is killed), some areas are memorable and the overall shooting feeling is pretty good.
>>
File: 1458536804831.png (671 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
1458536804831.png
671 KB, 575x803
>>
>>335822282
they combined the perk system with the stat system to make it simple for normies
>>
>>335822890
>No karma
It was a shitty, pointless system anyway
>>
>>335822689
Cait fags have the WORST taste.
>>
>>335824347
it gave character
>>
Well the latest patch fucked all the mods up and dropped performance for a shitload of people. That's a pretty big thing to go wrong.
>>
>>335824558
Not really. The only differences between Very Good and Very Evil karma were a choice of companions, which town would give you useless stuff and which bunch of respawning dipshits would attack you

They obviously weren't going to admit Obsidian had any good ideas and make a system with lasting consequences so it was better just to get rid of it
>>
>>335825207
karma was in fallout 3 you dipshit
>>
>>335824142
>for normies
always fun to see that alt right indoctrination working.
>>
>>335825547
you know what i meant man. they designed the game for all those people who would be playing a fallout game for the first time so they watered it down.
>>
>>335825394
I was talking about Reputation, faggot
>>
a tiny man made too many promises he couldn't keep
>>
>>335822890
>housing
I like housing in RPG's but the level of autism they took it too was way too much
>>
>marketed as sequel to RPG series
>it was a spin-off fps
>>
>>335825724
you responded to me talking about karma faggot
>>
>>335822282
It's boring, I was bored when you get to Diamond City. All the quests are the same. No interesting cities, choices, quests, characters. No interesting perks. It's a fucking action RPG where you just kill kill kill shoot shoot more bandits and do it again for caps.

Also the story sucks. I want to roleplay not play some fat whore or some faggot looking for their son.
>>
>>335822282
literally every quest is go here and kill thing
>>
>>335826013
Yes, and I was under the mistaken impression that you'd know enough about the post FO3 series to know NV made Karma even more worthless in favour of a "system with lasting consequences"

I'm sorry, it's my fault for talking to ignorant morons who think stupid shit like "karma added character". I'll remember not to do it again
>>
File: 1456619100218.jpg (10 KB, 184x165) Image search: [Google]
1456619100218.jpg
10 KB, 184x165
>>335822282
Bethesda is a mess.
>>
File: not todd.jpg (862 KB, 2696x4044) Image search: [Google]
not todd.jpg
862 KB, 2696x4044
The only flaw that Fallout 4 has was that it wasn't released earlier!
>>
Damn. I just bought this game with a ps4. I regret it now :(

Fuck
>>
>>335825879
I would cream myself over the housing system if it wasn't for how shitty all the blocks looked fit together. Or more importantly how there was no flat land and no way to lay a flat foundation and some stairs or something, it spiked my autism through the ceiling.

As for the OP I didn't like the story either, but the main story is never the big dram in the bethesda RPGS...But it didn't feel like the side areas were that interesting either. Some were kind of cool, like the thing between the brewery and the food stockpile, but it was less that and more radiant bullshit.
>>
>>335824546
Every single line of her dialogue makes me want to fucking shoot her in the head

>The only thing better than getting pissed is picking a fight, am I right?

SINCE WHEN IS GETTING PISSED SOMETHING ONE DOES AS AN ACTIVITY
>>
>>335822282

>Infinite levelling up to reinforce that it isn't an RPG because you are always a jack of all trades
>The fucking dialogue and voiced player character fuck off
>Shit story
>Shit quests (fetch thing from convenient chest, help settlement)
>barely any proper settlements unless you make them, over 200 fucking years after apocoalypse
>Borderlands style legendary enemies/weapons
>Everything wants to kill you
etc etc etc
>>
>>335822282
It wasn't new vegas
>>
>>335822282
Bethesda
>>
>>335828181
>SINCE WHEN IS GETTING PISSED SOMETHING ONE DOES AS AN ACTIVITY

well what the fuck do you do on friday mate
>>
I liked it enough for two playthroughs. I liked having Terminigger for Institute and Cait for BoS, the other two groups are annoying.
>>
>>335822890
>Is an Action-RPG, not an actual RPG

i would argue it isn't even an rpg at all, just an action adventure game
>>
>>335828715
Male prostitution. I also work Saturday through Thursday.
>>
A lot. Mostly no interesting quests or characters. Swan might be the most interesting thing in the game.

You know a game is bad when you think, "This game makes me want to play the other Fallout games, or even Skyrim"
>>
>voice acting
that's it
>>
>>335829812
>Skyrim

Funny enough I started playing that again after those two playthroughs I mentioned. I mean I enjoyed Fallout 4 but the re-playability is lacking, not the kind of game I'd drop 1400 hours on unlike New Vegas, or heck 800 like Skyrim. There's too little of a lot.
>>
>>335828181
To 'be pissed' means to be drunk. 'Getting pissed' means to be drinking.

It's a British / Irish thing.
>>
>>335830392
>It's a British/Irish thing

Like 'glass him' and 'gobbledygook'
>>
>>335830392
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.
>>
>>335822282
Pretty much everything.

A better question would be what went right? The only thing I can think of that they did better that new vegas was to have the ability to fuck your companions instead of being friendzoned for eternity.
>>
>>335822282
>What went wrong?
Bethesda bought the rights to the franchise
>>
Will we ever have a falout with actual good writting like new Vegas ?
>>
>>335822282
Nothing it's the bes fallout so far.
>>
File: fallout new vegas.jpg (42 KB, 337x345) Image search: [Google]
fallout new vegas.jpg
42 KB, 337x345
>>335822282
>shitting minecraft base building ripoff

I think the biggest issue was voiced MC dialogue. That really limited the amount and quality of responses you could do. Not to mention they dumbed it down to 4 responses. All so people could have the name assface spoken allowed.

they went for the casual market rather than the rpg market and removed what made fallout different from the rest
>>
>>335822282
Wanted to make a shooter. Succeeded. Forgot to also make an RPG.
>>
>>335830239
the dlc in fallout 4 is a lot worse too.

In skyrim they had like 2 major expansions with new maps, items, a bunch of quests, etc... and the house mod.

in fallout 4 its one new area and a couple of dlc that would have easily been done with modding.
>>
>>335824142
It's so obnoxious, having to skip out on certain perks just to bring up science or some other shit
Most of the perks are garbage anyway
>>
>>335822689
It wasn't side quests, it was radiant quests. I see people make the biggest mistake with fallout 4, which they didn't make in other fallouts- they just rush through the story and then say that the story is bland and the quests are not interesting, whereas there were tons of sidequests which were miles better than anything shitvegas could offer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
This video sums it all up. Bit of a watch, but he goes over everything good and bad about the game
>>
>>335831908
Like what? the only standouts to me where the Jamaica Planes treasure and Covenant.
>>
>>335822890
except for F1 and F2 all fallouts are that /thread
>>
File: RIP TODD.jpg (410 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
RIP TODD.jpg
410 KB, 950x534
>>
>>335830949
/thread
>>
>>335825394

It was in F1 and F2, as well. It just didn't do anything to affect the game.
>>
File: Shilling intensifies.png (560 KB, 838x603) Image search: [Google]
Shilling intensifies.png
560 KB, 838x603
What did he mean by this?
>>
Gutting the skill system that even FO3 had down well enough.

Making all of the factions unsympathetic, retarded, or both at once.

Radiant quests in the place of longer, fleshed out side quests.

Settlements being forced on you when the whole feel of the game is about surviving the wasteland with only one or two companions by your side.

Weapon/armor customization hiding the fact that there's actually less equipment than in earlier games.

And of course, the dialog wheel meant solely to show off that Bethesda could afford voice acting.
>>
>>335832634
Todd "Jet" Howard
>>
>>335832634
typical jew
>>
>>335822282
>Fucking Boston
>No hardcore mode
>No karma system
>Weapons don't break
>Boston is boreing as fuck
>New Vegas master race
>>
>>335822282
Patrolling fallout 4 almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
>>
>>335833273
Not
>Too "Pre War Jet" Howard
>>
next tes game is going to be even worse
>>
>>335822282

As a fallout game it's okay.

As a bethesda game, it's great.
Basically they looked at everything that people wanted out of skyrim (everything that people modded skyrim to do) and put it in fallout 4 as a sort of test.

That's why we have stuff like settlements, player housing, stationing and assigning tasks to followers, multi-piece customization armor...

This is all good stuff.
The only weak parts of the game were things that were arguably weak in fallout 3: a map that is too dense, a setting and mood that isn't almost right but not quite, fairly linear quests... stuff like that.
Overall I'm satisfied with the game. I loved the old fallout games but I'm not such an IP fanboy that I can't see this is a good game for different reasons than the black isle games.

also, I'm really stoked to see something like the settlement and follower and armor systems in a new elder scrolls game.
>>
they made great improvements with the engine so it's a shooter that's actually fun instead of painful.

yet somehow they managed to make everything that's not "killing things" tedious, extremely uninteresting and/or disappointing. especially the ending. i never really understood what the institute was about, he was so fucking vague about it. even when you become in charge of the institute the only option is to blow the facility up, with all the food, medicine and tech they're hoarding. BoS doing something like that makes no sense at all. it's just shitty writing.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.