[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the casual/core divide in gamers a false dichotomy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is the casual/core divide in gamers a false dichotomy?
>>
>>335818079
But it is possible to be a casual gamer in some games and a *core gamer in other games.
>>
>video series uses a Super Mario Bros remix song as the intro
>>
Yes.

Because the're applied to the core demographic as a whole and not just mobile vs. core.
>>
>>335818079
My two biggest game purchases are ARPGs and hidden object games. Steam is kind of a shit casual service. EA tries. Big Fish blows them both out of the water. The distinction makes some sense, but it's inconvenient having to buy from several services.
>>
>>335818079
Once again, the old adage "When a clickbait title ends with a question mark, the answer is No" rings true.
>>
>>335818684
Casual/core has nothing to do with PC's digital distribution.

>>335818940
Except it doesn't.

It completely is a false dichotomy, as is every.
>>
>A false dichotomy is a dichotomy that is not jointly exhaustive (there are other alternatives)
Based on this definition, the question is trivial. Yes it's a false dichotomy, because it's a spectrum, not binary. You don't really need a discussion on it. The difference between the two is a more interesting topic.
>>
>>335818079

I don't know. Can you stop plugging these Xenu-worshipping dickhats?
>>
>>335819562
>Xenu-worshipping

???
>>
STOP POSTING WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF INTERNET
>>
>>335818079
>video title makes it sound like they're going to argue that casuals and cores are no different
>actually about speeding up difficulty curve to make more efficient use of game time
When they're not idiots on the actual arguments (rare enough), they're idiots in accurately conveying them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.