[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games you used to play years ago online that while is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: community_image_1406828286.jpg (442 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1406828286.jpg
442 KB, 1024x768
ITT: Games you used to play years ago online that while is still around is a former shell of what it used to be
>>
>>335816924
i go back to puzzle pirates every now and again. I just love the sword fighting
>>
>>335816986
I used to run a crew of 100-200 members, was comfy being a captain and all. SO Drama eventually caused a bunch of BS and the crew died down, but it's just such a former shell of what it used to be. Like take Meridian, the second biggest ocean. only 161 people online right now. That used to fill GFs in blockades man.
>>
Ths game was so HOT. Sometimes id steal all our crews booty and our maps and whatever else we had and never speak to them again..I always dreamt of owning the biggest boat in the game. and I remember when I got my 1st pair of pantaloons..
they looked so sweet..Thanks for the memories nintendo
>>
>>335816924

I can still here that parrot whistle alert.
>>
>>335816924
Fucking gold boxes ruined the game, now it's a pokerfest everyday and nobody runs anything anymore
>>
>>335818445
Man though, they don't even advertise or market it well either though, it wouldn't have been hard to make it into a FB game or something but they never advertised it.
>>
I remember how vehemently opposed the devs were to any kind of loan system because it was against the spirit of the game (translation: it's against the spirit of selling as many doubloons as possible) but it always struck me that it would be pretty easy to set up a system of mutual collateral without any kind of official support.

>>335818585

I don't think anyone wanted to see it turned into a Facebook game. It's a real shame it's dead, but it ran its course.
>>
>>335818912
Yeah, you're definitely right. No one really ever wanted it turned to a FB game. I suppose some things run their course and end. I just really want a good pirate MMO again.
>>
C'mon guys. This was
[Spoiler] okay [/spoiler]
>>
Holy bobba.
>>
>>335819682
this went to SHIT as soon as they changed the rights system. infiltrating other ppls gangs and getting rights to their room and then trashing it was the best. and it was before the mods turned into fascists. its awful now you can be banned from rooms and get banned for harassing people even slightly. where's the fun in that
>>
File: Neopets.jpg (99 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Neopets.jpg
99 KB, 512x384
Obligatory

>you will never post your dumbass 12 year-old theories about their weird ARG-esque storyline mysteries on the Neopets forums ever again

>you will never fail at Lenny's Conundrum every single week ad nauseum ever again

>you will never repeatedly go bankrupt trying to play Plushie Tycoon ever again
>>
>>335816924
it's strange that a game about cartoon pirates playing tetris has more meaningful pvp than most mmos
>>
>>335823947

>tetris

There wasn't a single tetris game in there though. Swordfighting was just a slightly edited Puzzle Fighter, and it was beautiful.
>>
>>335822528
>tfw there will never be another game that hides content behind HTML pages you have to manually enter the URL for

Jelly Land was the best
>>
>>335824143
Yeah
>>
File: rip.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
>>335816924
Toontown was the bomb
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.