[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW Legacy Servers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: lR1GoVo.jpg (210 KB, 1017x600) Image search: [Google]
lR1GoVo.jpg
210 KB, 1017x600
So if Legacy servers were to be made,what would you prefer,graphics as they used to be in Vanilla or updated graphics?
Updated graphics are:
>WoD tier water
>WoD tier view distance
>WoD tier character models and texture quality
>WoD tier terrain quality
>WoD tier shadows
>WoD tier particle density
As these are graphics changes,player could of course set them on low,if he/she so wishes.
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10073517/r
>>
Updated, for sure. Simply because of the character models desu
>>
>legacy server
>WoD anything

I'd want the pure vanilla experience, the second you start introducing QoL changes from later expansions or graphical changes it isn't vanilla anymore.
>>
>>335812016
"WE WANT LEGACY SERVERS. But please also include all of the quality of life improvements you've made to the game."
>>
>>335812016
Those taurens look nothing like the in-game ones
>>
>>335812524
As I said,there'd be and option for you to tune down graphics to Vanilla levels,and then the Updated graphics options.So play could go for the FULLY authentic version,or enhanced.
I do not think graphics are the core part of the experience,as some players have played the game back then in ultra graphics,and some on low.
>>
This is going to be a total fucking mess if this ever happens. It has to be 100% Vanilla or what is the fucking point really?
>>
>>335812542
>pressing caps lock is an argument
>>
>>335812803
The only thing I'd want from current WoW in vanilla is the view distance.

That's literally it.
>>
File: 1461706058780.jpg (205 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
1461706058780.jpg
205 KB, 1024x639
That should all be clientside so players can choose. Take some work yes, but it'd make a lot of people happy. Wouldn't mind new environmental graphics, but prefer the old char models.
Especially orcs. New ones look so gay.
>>
I'll take the graphical updates because they've really only been improvements

Other than female trolls getting sexy...that's not cool
>>
>>335812915
vanilla WoW had the same view distance if you tweaked it with an addon or messed with the setting files.
>>
The new character models are shit desu
>>
>>335812779
Example:

Low Medium High Ultra
I------------------------------------------------I----------------------------I
< Original >< Updated >
>>
>>335813005
I could never get the hang of it. At most, I would get the fog to disappear, but then I would see the obnoxious cutout from the max distance rendered.
>>
>>335812915
Ye i agree with this guy really i kinda want pristine servers most tho along with the selfie thingy its so perky :D
>>
>>335812016
Updated graphics of course. But with dark nights.
>>
>>335812779
Then it's not vanilla retard.
>>
File: 1461805813467.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461805813467.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
I don't understand why literally anyone would be against a graphical upgrade in vanilla WoW. It's not like Blizzard changed the art style or anything. Improvements would be entirely beneficial: higher resolution textures, more detailed models, longer draw distance, better effects, etc.

You have literally no argument against this.
>>
>>335812915
/console overridefarclip 1
/console farclip #
/console horizonfarclip #
>>
>>335813103
it was some console commands you had to put in to get past that but I don't remember them now
>>
>>335813145
My negro.

Just put an option on updated or not. Easy as that.
>>
>>335813212
>hurrr everyone knows how to program

Do you seriously expect the average gamer to be able to do that?
>>
>>335813371
Those are the console command you stupid fucking moron
>>
File: sweating 01.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweating 01.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>335813202
>>
File: wow-settings-5760.jpg (196 KB, 1024x795) Image search: [Google]
wow-settings-5760.jpg
196 KB, 1024x795
>>335812542
I'm just toying with the idea.
>pic related,example of how it could look.
If you set your graphics on the Red line,you get whatever Original WoW was offering.
If you move it over to the Green line,you get better graphics.
SO IT IS OPTIONAL,JUST LIKE GRAPHICS IN EVERY GAME ARE OPTIONAL.
>>
>>335813371
Dude it's just a command you type in chat, you can even access them with /help or some shit like that.
>>
>>335813202
Sauce?
>>
>>335813371
first of all those were console commands that were typed directly into the chat window

second of all you found them by googling "how to increase draw distance in wow"
>>
>>335812542
better graphics aren't QoL updates.
>>
My ideal wow would be WotlK core but set in Pandaria.
>>
File: grin.png (838 KB, 700x574) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
838 KB, 700x574
I'll admit. Some of the classic models were more charismatic.
>>
>>335813496
This solves it all, makes everyone happy.
Anyone arguing this has to be autistic or bait
>>
>>335813686
>the rapeface

Blizzard removed it on the new models, sadly.
>>
>>335813686
God I miss being the helpful tank dwarf with rapeface on nostalrius.

>You think you do but you don't
But I do.
>>
>>335813939
Fucking midget fucks.
I probably killed you on nost, I always made sure to kill halflings.
Orc rogue btw
>>
No, Legion itself cannot save WoW, in fact im sure Legion is going to be just as bad as WoD. BUT....Legion gives the oppurtunity for Blizzard to finally end the Legion/Sargeras plotline, which opens the possibility of a new WoW game, and a start over from scratch.

The next story plot to take place will be the Void Titan that uses Azeroth like an egg. Eventually this corrupted(By the Old Gods) Titan is going to hatch from its egg, and Azeroth will break like a egg on pavement.
This gives Blizzard the chance to break the game, and start us over at lvl1 on a new home world(probably outlands).

There are a few subtle hints towards the end incoming as well.
The biggest one being Artifact Weapons, and Artifact Weapons only being relevent in THIS expansion, when storywise they would be relevent all game long.
This leads me to beleive there is going to be a mass cleansing.
These weapons are going to cease to exist after Legion, or they will continue to exist, but be useless due to their power only being functional on Azeroth or something along those lines.
Another hint is the incoming deaths of core characters than cannot be replaced.

before it sounds like a terrible idea, i imagine you would be able to transfer your Legion characters to the new game, but still have to start over fresh 1-60 with a "pristine server" formula. The only thing that your transfer would carry over is, account bound things, mounts, toys, acheives, etc etc...

Lets be honest, WoW is beyond saving at this point. It NEEDS a reset to take place, and the end of a major plotline is an oppurtunity for that reset.
>>
>>335812016
You don't really want this
>>
>>335813686
>all female nelf faces are moeblob faces
>all female troll faces are kawaii uguu except for like one that has laughlines and a single barely visible wart
>all female races in general pretty much only have moeblob faces now except gnomes and undead
>no more dwarf rapeface
>no more angry gnome face

the new models are pretty much objectively superior in every other way besides faces.
>>
>>335813202
I'm not against it, yet I don't see it actually working. The entire vanilla world isn't updated graphically, that all happened in that shitaclysm so you would have all these update mobs running around in an outdated as fuck world.

It would also make all the live players REEEEE because someone would actually have to update and change things.

Live players are complete stooges and think that Blizzard puts money the get from subs into the game. So their assumption is that wow has the worlds largest team working on it and can only produce 1 raid patch every 12 months and needs to keep it funded with an xpack every 2 years.

Man it's retarded how Blizzard had one of the most profitable games of all time and just siphoned money away from it to make other games/give to stockholders. Everything Blizzard does now is tainted with the common knowledge that they are going to try and exploit something to it's fullest monetary value. Just like with the Overwatch pricing thing, they spent so long seeing how much they could steal from their customers.
>>
File: main_900.jpg (47 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
main_900.jpg
47 KB, 900x599
>>335814312
>>
>>335813202
If it's optional like in retail WoW why the fuck not
>>
>>335812542
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM
>>
>>335814210
Dude just let it die. it's been a decade. let it all sleep.

They haven't had good writing in half those years, don't count on anything good being written now
>>
Pure vanilla or bust. None of this "QoL" horseshit.
>>
>>335812016
I'd want old everything.

Part of the reason a lot of people played nostalrius was because WoW is getting more and more poorly optimized with each expansion and people with toasters want something thaat can actually run on their pc.

that being said though, having new appearances as an option without hampering the performance of the game otherwise wouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: wowx4-screenshot_0801S5bl1p10.jpg (455 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
wowx4-screenshot_0801S5bl1p10.jpg
455 KB, 1600x1000
>>335813202
They definitely changed the art style a bit. Before it was stylized because the texture resolutions were shit but the textures themselves were somewhat realistic. Now everything is stylized on purpose. Look at walls and ground in the game, the artists feign depth by painting huge bricks and other varied surfaces, it looks like a cartoon.
>>
>We want vanilla servers!
>It would be so simple, just use the old build!
>But maybe include the updated graphics
>And make it so the player can choose between old and updated
>And then -everyone- would be happy!
>Except for all those people who also want something else, but fuck them they don't count.
>>
>>335814614
>having new appearances as an option
look here >>335813496
>>
>>335812016
updated graphics look like streamlined garbage, the current wow team is so out of touch with the original game that they can't even get the graphics right

most of the updated models look like ass, human males are a great example of this
>>
>>335814880
Players could literally add the updated character models just by modifying the client. That said I wouldn't want them in bu default at all. I don't think many people would.
>>
>>335814880
man,just an idea to see what you guys think.
As I said,graphics were always optional,in WoW as in every other game.
>>
>>335814880
>Except for all those people who also want something else, but fuck them they don't count.

Like what? Your post is meaningless and doesn't convey any point. It is just being contrarian.
>>
>>335814706
this. to deny that there was a shift in style overall is a waste of time. WoW started out with semi-stylized realism and developed into a sort of faux cel shaded style. Toon Link wouldn't look out of place exploring pandaria or draenor.

Though of course, which style is preferable is subjective. I just wish someone would tell them what metal looks like though. It looks like fucking playdough
>>
>>335814706
Got any more good screens like this? I always enjoyed the Warcraft artstyle.
>>
>>335815216
The WoW engine can't do proper reflective surfaces, so they're pretty much shit out of luck on trying to make real looking metal. At the end of the day, the engine the game runs on is still from the mid 90's.
>>
>>335812016
>never heard from again after that forum post
Did blizzard trick us again? Was that post pure damage control? They will probably "forget" about it like with the content drought promises or the stats inflation.
>>
>>335815374
though it would be nice to have reflective armor and such, that's not really what I mean. In general they seemed to have forgotten what metal textures should look like. WotLK and beyond has this tendency to look like plastic
>>
>>335812542
>graphics are qol
can't we just have vanilla with improved graphics only? It looks like shit except for the models(the old models were far better).
>>
>>335815374
>mid 90s

It's not running on the quake engine... Also are you underaged? just curious not having a go because I've always wondered if children didn't understand the transition of graphics over the last 30 years.
>>
>>335813529
the torture club
>>
>>335814504
did the guy forget everyone is in ashran or in their garrisons?
>>
File: wow.png (1 MB, 1920x467) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
1 MB, 1920x467
Example of water.
>>
>>335815207

I dunno, never played the game. Don't even pay much attention to this private server shit except to laugh.

But it's hi-fucking-larious that there's people in here not only asking for legacy servers, but to have them add UI elements to switch between old and new graphics/models...? Christ. I can only imagine how many fucking nerds chime in about 'I want vanilla WoW but with this change'.

This for a server that probably won't even earn them much money. The only reason the private server got so many people playing it is because it was free.
>>
File: 1404359117955.jpg (235 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
1404359117955.jpg
235 KB, 500x437
Part of be would want transmog, there are some sets that I really like, giantstalker especially, that get outdated kind of quick relatively

Part of me doesn't because I like seeing the different gear in if
>>
>WoD Graphics
>transmog
>vanilla/bc/wrath gameplay

I'd resub for it. I used to play fasioncraft before transmog was a thing and would carry around my appearance gear for when I was in town.
>>
>>335814210
I like the cut of your jib, but I doubt they would have the balls to do it. I'd play the fuck out of WoW rebooted to the first war and continuing from there, though.
>>
>>335815207
Not him but people will never be happy. There's a lot of things that would be only good for pure Vanilla servers like unifying spell stats, making the talent trees like Retardin, Arcane, Disc, Balance worth something, remove debuff cap, numerous bug fixes and making leveling more interactive than auto-attack and making raiding 25 man with better gearing.

But of course, people would cry about muh Vanilla experience.
>>
>>335815858
You can get similar water in Vanilla-WotLK with a mod, it doesn't have the ripple effects tho.
>>
File: 1441881406281.jpg (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1441881406281.jpg
19 KB, 499x499
>>335816110
>Vanilla gameplay
>>
>>335816132
>here's a lot of things that would be only good for pure Vanilla servers like unifying spell stats

No, fuck off. Having specific damage stats was fine.
>>
>>335812016
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10073517/r

putting the strawpoll in greentext is fucking annoying, op
>>
>>335816147
so there you go,most of these things would be easy for them to make.
>>
>>335816132
>But of course, people would cry about muh Vanilla experience.

Well yeah no shit. The second you start fiddling with shit it stops being Vanilla and starts back down the slippery slope to shitty retail.
>>
>>335816246
>No, fuck off. Having specific damage stats was fine.
No it fucking wasn't. The gearing was already complete crap and it just made it worse.

This also made it so that when sets were made for classes that could heal: That would pretty much just benefit nothing but healing. Only other thing would be separate tier sets like they realised in TBC.

>>335816359
Yes anon, half of the specs being complete shit, there being numerous bugs and complete crap design all around is so fucking essential for "Good" Vanilla design.
>>
>>335816359
I don't think graphics are slippery slope.
>>
>>335816359

I feel like anything that's purely cosmetic should be considered fine.
Like Transmog, WoD graphics, updated character models etc. If you can turn off the graphics and make them look like they did during vanilla, even better. Transmog only lets you change your gear into stuff that ALREADY exists, and what's to stop you from just putting that peice of gear on while you're running about?
Anything that mucks with the actual gameplay or adds QoL is slippery slope imo. Dungeon Finder, LFR, mounts being on a page, stuff like that.
>>
Just let people download the old 1.12 client from Blizzard similiar to Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 and set up servers that people could connect to with their battle.net account details.
All this RealID, graphics update, QoL demands among other things are missing the point of Legacy servers and are just a waste of time and resources which should be focused on recreating content progression.
>>
>>335816619
>Transmog
NO.It is not purely cosmetic.
Seeing someone in the best gear meant something.
Everyone having great looking gear is a shit concept.
>>
>>335816619
Transmog is fucking cancer. You should be able to tell how strong an enemy character is at a glance. I understand why people wanted it, but at the end of the day it did more harm than good. Plus is gave Blizzard to completely phone in pretty much every set of armour after Wrath.
>>
File: 1362442929297.jpg (91 KB, 796x475) Image search: [Google]
1362442929297.jpg
91 KB, 796x475
>>335813529
is it any good? nudity?
>>
>>335816619
just stick to wod kid
>>
>>335816665
what is QoL
>>
It had better be pure for both better and worse.
>>
>>335816913
Quality of Life (improvements)
>>
>>335815620
The base engine is heavily modified WC3. At least it was on release.
>>
>>335817052
Again,graphics are not QoL improvements.
Graphics are experience tied.This is why they'd be optional.You pic Vanilla graphics or Updated,and play.
I don't see any arguments against it.
>>
>>335817252
>I don't see any arguments against it.

It's not vanilla. End of story.
>>
>no one realizes that we aren't getting Vanilla servers

It's not happening, folks. Better to spend your time figuring out what you want on Pristine servers, because that's all you'll get.
>>
>>335816495
yeah, furor's "vision" and other classes besides warriors being unable to tank or do meaningful shit besides heal is great design
>>
File: Danjin.png (201 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Danjin.png
201 KB, 400x600
>>335812016
Private realms are already doing this and its quite the breath of fresh air.

It was almost like playing a true extension of the original formula, making the game (in this case) look better. Of course the systems were the same but changing those lead to the mess we have today.
But in short, Vanilla with the updated graphics gave me a sense of "this is the game i want to be playing."

The server was originally WoTLK though, it was just doing filtered content release and expansion launches. So we got to experience vanilla with Wod graphics, and talent trees that supported different play styles. IE. Leveled as a prot warrior since wotlk saw the build getting nicely buffed. Also allowed for a lot of endgame variety from players/classes.

Vanilla world/game/exp rate
WoD graphics
Wotlk Talents
All i want.
>>
>>335816060
>being a cock eating homosexual faggot
The current retail version of the game already has an option to select between old/new graphics.
kill you're self
>>
>>335817350
Then what are Blizzard talking to the Nost devs about?
>>
>>335816132
>>335814880
>>335813202
>>335812542

you guys are fucking dumb. just because you make a few things better doesn't make it not vanilla. there were tons of patches along the way that changed shit. 1.12 is still as much vanilla as 1.1 is, 1.12 made it better.

what everyone has asked to be changed in no way affects the overall atmosphere of vanilla, its all little things.

>B...BUT YOU CHANGE ONE THING ITS NOT VANILLA

how many things from 1.1 to 1.12 changed?
>>
we want vanilla servers but btw we want new graphics, transmog, class overhauls
>>
>>335817632
No u dumb fuck.
Graphics are fine but the other shit is gay.
>>
>>335812016
can anyone draw a picture of that monster doing goatse?

Thanks in need
>>
>>335817786

Boy we just can't make anyone happy with this private server shit, can we?
>>
forget it fags, you can't bring old WoW back, what was actually great about it is the community, and it's gone
>>
>>335817786
Yes anon, I'd hate it if any other class but Warrior could tank or if classes with healing spec could do something else than heal.

Fucking hell that would make me 10/10 mad.
>>
vanilla server should only be things that took place in vanilla. only retards demand new things
>>
>>335816864
It's actually some weird softcore bdsm film, but there are two masturbation scenes that are god tier.
>>
>>335816804
>NO.It is not purely cosmetic.
>Seeing someone in the best gear meant something.
>Everyone having great looking gear is a shit concept.
You know you need to HAVE the item you're using the graphic for, right? You can't just run around at level 12 looking like you've got T1 epics equipped.

It would be a player-side graphics toggle; if you want to see other players' Transmog effects, you turn them on, if not, you turn it off and get to see what people are actually wearing.

All it means is the Rogue who wants to RP a former Defias member at 60 can run around with his endgame gear equipped, but keep his RP appearance intact.
>>
>>335817954
If you don't like it, don't play it you whiny faggot.
>>
>>335817883
>>335817954
They won't know when to stop. Soon enough it won't be anything like vanilla.
>>
>>335817632
It's not even that we WANT this.
This is just an idea.
AGAIN,and AGAIN i will say,it is an OPTION.
You can set Vanilla Graphics,or Updated ones.
SO if you think Updated graphics change your Vanilla experience in ANY way,you fucking set Vanilla Options and SHUT THE FUCK UP.
>>
>>335812542
There's no reason not to. It's like when you re-release a game you add in higher resolution options
>>
>>335818138
hahaha these guys are actually asking for transmog for a vanilla realm. just read this thread to know life is a big fuckin joke full of retards
>>
>>335818263
doesnt matter if its just an option its just stupid as fuck
>>
there should be garrisons in vanilla wow
>>
Why are you even discussing legacy servers

ActiBlizzard flat out said that it won't happen
>>
>>335818138
Yeah,I see your point.
But seeing gear still meant something.
For example you see enemy Paladin in full Tier 2,you know what's going on.You know he's a good player.He could transmog it into something else,and now you get different impression.
Just seeing gear gave you tons of info about the player.
>>
>>335818440
Houses for rp, yes.
Garrisons where you are the mighty chosen commander -no.
>>
Loyal, fuck official Legacy servers. Private servers have done way better in terms of customer service and server quality.

I actually submitted videos of people ninja looting and botting, and they get banned within a few days.

I tried dual boxing and ten minutes into it I got a random whisper from a level 10 player asking me some random question, and after I responded they logged off 5 seconds later. Like the GMs were watching me.
>>
>>335818751

Did vanilla WoW have houses?
>>
>>335817632
>being a cock eating homosexual faggot
The current retail version of the game already has an option to select between old/new graphics.
kill you're self
>>
>>335818794
exactly. anyone who really wants vanilla would be playing or played those. only woltk babies want official legacy servers with transmog
>>
>>335818794
What do you mean by ninja looting? You mean stealing Majordomo loot?
>>
>>335816619
>mounts being on a page

What could possibly be wrong with this?
>>
>>335818705
>Just seeing gear gave you tons of info about the player.
True, which is why players would have the option of not displaying the Transmog effects on others.

Personally, I'd opt to display the effects when running with guildmates and friends, but turn them off if I was in a PUG or Battleground, where seeing the gear of those around me would be more informative.
>>
>>335818935
nobody wants transmog on vanilla servers.
>>
>>335818875
so what you retard. are you 12? stop begging for gay shit in a vanilla realm
>>
>>335818950
You don't even need it in vanilla when you probably only have 2 mounts
>>
>>335818937
I was in Deadmines and a player needed a blue he couldn't use and refused to trade. We kicked him and submitted a ticket.
>>
>>335819143

Sure, but regardless of necessity, why is it considered a slippery slope to having something like that?
>>
>>335812016
Old models with the new animations.
>>
>>335812542
fucking exactly
>>
>>335818138
its exactly that reason you stated that transmog is stupid.

>see 60 with transmogged greens, looks like crap BoE 40 gear
>he's really full t2
>rapes you
>>
>>335819164
That's not ninja looting though.
>>
>>335819337
sure maybe but on the private server community if you roll need on something you cant even equip you will be a ninja
>>
>>335819096
The new/old graphics are only displayed on the client side you cock smoking poor faggot.
>>
>>335818198
Just like Nostalrius wasn't Vanilla. And honestly, I don't get why you'd want Vanilla to remain crap like it was.
>>
>>335819040
>True, which is why players would have the option of not displaying the Transmog effects on others.
this, so much this

Blizz fucked some hybrids so hard (read:paladin) having to shuffle around shit gear to be able to TRY to do something relevant

in fact, vanilla's only playable PVP class is Rogue, you can kill highly geared warriors (which supposedly are their counters) even if you're fucking naked and with the 2 worst weapons in the game in your hands
>>
>>335819316
>its exactly that reason you stated that transmog is stupid.
Did you not read how it would be a graphic toggle each individual player's end?

You want to see what your opponent is wearing? You disable the effect for your Alterac Valley weekend binge and you'll see the guy in T2 raping you. It works on YOUR end, not THEIRS. They still have the Transmog appearance on their screen, but you see what they actually have equipped.
>>
>>335819337
Ninja looting is defined by taking items you are not entitled to. World of Warcraft etiquette dictates that people who can use the item as an upgrade over their current gear, and it fits their class, are entitled to it.

What did you think ninjaing is?
>>
>>335814152
Wait is that the live action film based nana to kaoru manga?
>>
>>335819630
you want transmog go play legion
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_111914_052951.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_111914_052951.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>335814706
I like the stylized look of Live, it looks like a natural evolution of the artstyle.
>>
>>335812016
New models made me stop playing my tauren warrior. The walk animation and faces just look too goofy, no interest
>>
>>335819746
Using need/greed system the player who rolls highest is entitled to the piece of loot.

Ninja looting is taking loot cheating the system, like taking Majordomo chest
>>
>>335819996
>The walk animation
animation wouldn't be changed.
as for the model,if you picked Updated graphics,the model would be updated,if you picked original graphics,you'd get old model.
>>
>>335819996
You can turn it off in settings you fucking shitlord.
>>
>>335819746
being a hunter
>>
>>335820161
Yea, that's what u said. That's what ninjaing is.
>>
They've removed too much from WoW to ever save it.

Came back to try WoD and my rogue feels nothing like he used to. I just feel like a generic DPS class. What happened to all my stuns and defensive abilities in pvp? Every class can do the exact same things as I can now.
>>
>I want old WoW but with everything that makes new WoW good
what a fucking paradox.
>>
>>335820508
>being this retarded
>>
>>335819630
I like everything but the newer models. Sure, the old ones could use updating but the way they did it looks pretty awful on most of them.
>>
I like the old graphics out of nostalgia personally. There's something really comfy about them.

Best to just leave it on an option menu somewhere though.
>>
>>335819630
well now you're completely changing the game and advocating for entirely new ideas. that opens the door for a million other dumb ideas to be in the game that haven't. go onto the blizz suggestion forums, posting here won't do anything for your cause. if people are going to run vanilla servers, they're going to be vanilla, not have entirely new shit coded into the game.
>>
>>335812016
Vanilla graphics

Vanilla graphics run faster, I don't need rice in my games.

Plus Vanilla gnomes are top tier.
>>
>>335820612
there is an option in settings to turn it off you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>335820684
this.
I still think updated Graphics should be implemented,as graphics were always OPTIONAL.
>>
>see warcraft cinematics
>everything is badass

>see wod character models
>disney/pixar shit

lmao, old models every time.
>>
Reminder that vanillaest vanilla didnt even have weather effects
>>
You're not getting legacy servers so who cares
>>
>>335820336
It's funny. First classes feel really different from one another on release.

Then they started homogenizing everything.

Now they're trying to recapture making things different from eachother by specs but everything feels even more homogenized.

It's amazing.
>>
It makes me wonder how much of Vanilla's creators still work on WoW, if any.
>>
>>335820798
>Thing gets updated poorly
>I'd like them to be better and not shitty, but am not against the idea
>WOW WHY DON'T YOU JUST TURN EVERYTHING OFF
Naw mate. Fuck off.
>>
>>335820773
Did you miss the fact that you could set Original Vanilla graphics?
>>
That's a good question. On one hand I'd like updated graphics since vanilla had stuff from 99-03 at it wasn't a pretty game even at launch. Removing hunter ammo or fixing pets so you don't run out of pet training points at level 40 would also be great but it wouldn't be authentic. Then again the community would be far from authentic as well, I'd wager less than 10% would be returning veterans and among them most would be bitter as fuck by now.

With the current WoW community I'd take some quality of life stuff, with the old community and players I want 100% recreation.
>>
File: 1459738829512.jpg (34 KB, 456x451) Image search: [Google]
1459738829512.jpg
34 KB, 456x451
>>335821053
>the fact
>>
>>335820989
Most of them actually. It's a meme that you guys keep perpetuating that the vanilla team left

Protip, most of the "awesome developers" that you know started in blizzard in 2007 or later
>>
>>335821167
see >>335813496
>>
>>335820684
>well now you're completely changing the game and advocating for entirely new ideas
How is an on/off switch for a client-side graphics option "completely changing the game" in any way?
>>
>>335816060
>I dunno, never played the game.

Then you don't get an opinion you faggot.

Does that not just sum /v/ up perfectly? 'I never played [game] but here some shitposts anyway XDD'

Kill yourself.
>>
yo blizz yo give us selfie cams and emojis as an option in menu. any faggot who dont want that can just turn it off. its still vanilla server
>>
>>335821492

>Then you don't get an opinion you faggot.

Sure I do. You're all fucking idiots for even talking about this shit when Blizzard isn't even going to have legacy servers.

I am so glad that they shut down that private server it has been hilarious watching people trying to get it back, like with their change.org petition. Holy Hell they think it'll actually work hahaha.
>>
>>335812542
Eat shit
>>
>>335817490
Are you talking about primal wow? I don't think they could make vanilla servers with updated graphics since it would mean updating the old world, not the post cataclysm one and that would require spending money.
>>
>>335821728
>Damage control: The post
>hahaha.

It's time to get off the PC son.
>>
>>335819630
in such a system, i would naturally want to have mogs off while i'm playing PvP or even PvE for enemies i spot. i'd only want to see mogs if i'm just idling in a city. however if i'm idling in a city, why would i need to be wearing my actual gear? the only time i would want to have mogs toggled on is the time when people wouldn't need to wear their actual gear anyway, so they may as well just put on a nice-looking set
>>
>>335821984

Nigga I ain't invested in anything. I'm not making any points I already stated I've never even played the game. There's no damage to control here.
>>
yea i want a vanilla realm so bad but it must have dungon finder and i want my death knight its my favourite toon xD
>>
I'd love vanilla because I never played WoW when it was first released and I'd like to try it.
>>
Here's the thing we can realistically see on a pristine server:
>no dungeon finder
>no heirlooms
>no shop and tokens
>no cross-realm
>no transmog
>everything scaled to be harder
>MAYBE old gear and raids still relevant and having to go trough progression to unlock them

things that would require actual work and we will probably not see:
>old zones updated with the new graphics
>old quests
>cap to vanilla/bc/wotlk content
>abilities as they where
>class quests(we could get something similar with legion class quests)
>old talent trees(we could get something similar with artifacts, but i've heard you can eventually unlock every perk in your artifact so it's not really a choice)
> removal of flying
>world pvp popular again

In essence things like ability/talent pruning, flying etc. would stay. The only thing we would get in return are the new animations that look great and all the new raids post cata, which is the only thing that remained good in the game. Oh also class balance, but at the cost of class uniqueness.
I would play on pristine servers but i'd rather play on a vanilla to wotlk classic wow with updated graphics and animations.
>>
>>335821990
>the only time i would want to have mogs toggled on is the time when people wouldn't need to wear their actual gear anyway
Which is, while a valid opinion, also your own personal preference.

Perhaps a Priest in your guild enjoyed the look of his Devout set, but, since the guild began raiding regularly, he has long since replaced the actual equipment with higher-grade items. Keeping the option for a client-side Transmog effect would allow him to still use the appearance of the Devout set (even if only on his end), while healing during a raid with his appropriate gear equipped. His guildmates could certainly turn the effects off on their end in order to see he's wearing content-appropriate equipment, or they could enable the effects to view his character as he wants it seen.

It's just something that would let the individual player decide whether or not he saw the effects on his end and, overall, only be bothersome to someone who didn't have the setting toggled to their own liking on their own computer.

It's not like the thread is about including heirlooms, pet battles, arena, or any of the additional "content" changes beyond vanilla, just optional visual tweaks that have been brought up since the game launched.
>>
>>335822908
>everything scaled to be harder

This is actually the one thing I don't expect to see.
>>
>>335823303
yea i agree with u man fk these ignorant guys its just a visual option. its just like emojis i want those as an option too but people dont get it just an option...........
>>
>>335823303
this would still require NPC's and interface changes.
Graphics tweek wouldn't require any of it.
>>
>>335824089
>this would still require NPC's and interface changes.
Sure, they'd have to add the interface option, but there's no need to add any new NPCs for Transmog. The feature could be added to the list of things your Class Trainer offers, or even given to Enchanting Trainers in capitols, as they're based around modifying equipment in various ways.
>>
>>335823524
Me neither but technically it would be easy to implement, theyre even doing it in legion for that adventure mode stuff.
>>
>>335824360
look man,it's a cool idea,and yes I understand it's optional,but I do see it as a slippery slope.
>>
>>335822908
Server level caps wouldn't take much effort, and would arguably be pretty important given that it's hard to pug raids when people just level past their cap.
>>
>>335824527
Fair enough. At least you're offering a conversation on it, rather than just whining or shitposting.

Truth be told, I'd give a vanilla server a shot with or without newer quality of life stuff, though I would like it if the option was available. Some of the "good" vanilla gear combinations were pretty mismatched.
>>
File: dailyreminder.jpg (25 KB, 989x318) Image search: [Google]
dailyreminder.jpg
25 KB, 989x318
Daily reminder that people like this exist and are the reason why wow has gone to shit. you can blame every QoL change on the hoards of retards who shouldn't be playing mmo's. and for some dumb reason they get catered too.
>>
>>335824883
>Truth be told, I'd give a vanilla server a shot with or without newer quality of life stuff
Same.
>Some of the "good" vanilla gear combinations were pretty mismatched.
True.
But then again,it's taking good with the bad.
>>
>>335824883
telling you your idea is dumb isnt whining or shitposting. vanilla realm is not adding things like transmog. asking for that is more in line with whining then saying no to it
>>
>>335825114
OP here.I didn't say anything should be done.
Just exploring the options.
Legacy servers alone would make me happy as fuck.
>>
I hate the Pixar tier new character models
>>
>>335825438
what do you think about optional graphics changes?
>>
>>335825562
wtf they awsom vanilla wow needs them why would ppl wand shite graphik
>>
>>335812016
It's weird, I always thought they made the graphics more Cartoony and unrealistic. The human female face for instance just looks like something from a Disney film, your photo tho makes the Tauren look a lot fiercer.
I dunno what to think.
>>
Vanilla should be vanilla. No new models, not refined textures. Just keep it as is. If you want to the newer models tough. You want to play the game as it was, then play it EXACTLY how it was.

If Blizzard HAD to implement WoD graphic settings, make sure you can toggle them on or off depending on preference.
>>
>>335824513
>adventure mode stuff

What are the details on this?
>>
>>335825931
Do you know it would be an option?
>example >>335813496
Do you still think it shouldn't be added?
>>
>>335822908
>things that would require actual work
The code is all out there. Blizzard are just shit tier programmers who just pile on code with every new patch/expansion. This is why you have stupid occurrences like bosses from 2 expansions ago suddenly bugging out because something in the new code has broken it.

I can remember in Cataclysm when 4.2 was launched and suddenly Black Temple wasn't soloable anymore because the Illidari council became immune to damage. This should not happen.
>>
>>335825949
Basically you loot some kind of dungeon keys that have random challenging effects, like enemies with twice the Health, enemies that become enraged at half hp bar etc. The more difficult the dungeon the better the loot. It's afaik RNG based.
>>
What was your favourite vanilla class?
>>
>>335826537
rogue
>>
>>335826291
Yes. The same reason why limited time content like the Black Proto drakes should not be implemented into the current iteration of the game. What's done is done, and if you are still content in playing that version of WoW then suck it up.

If you want to play legacy servers, nothing from the newer expansions should be added, even if this means purposely making things less refined, like adding the old vanilla options menus. Same goes for changing content around which people were a bit iffy about, like the Trial of the Crusader patch in Wrath. You want it, you have to take everything on the chin.
>>
>>335826537
Furthermore, what class did you main each expansion?

>Warrior (protection)
>Warrior (protection)
>Warrior (arms)
>Warrior/DK (arms) (blood)
>DK (Blood/Frost)
>Hunter for the brief period I played WoD

I will never defend people who like MoP knowing how much Blizzard destroyed warriors.
>>
>>335826684
>You want it, you have to take everything on the chin.
the thing is,you don't.
I still don't see any arguments against having an OPTION to play with Vanilla graphics,and having option to play with updated graphics.Even in vanilla,you had the option to play on LOW and HIGH,which were a lot different.
It doesn't change gameplay,it doesn't change ANYTHING.
The only thing you get is the open door to get a bit nicer graphics,IF so you wish.
>>
>>335826323
It is what it is, technically they could do that and much more with all the money they have, but even with all of their stuff they couldnt even make more than one content patch. If they make these pristine servers they'll get done with the minimum effort and cost possible, even if they have to lie about how costly and difficult really is.
>>
WoD models are shit
SHIT!
>>
>>335827096
its about begging blizzard for vanilla realms and using the old client and then now asking for things like wod graphics in it. even if its optional, its fucking gay to ask for
>>
>Try to join Kronos
>Download game from their website
>Set Realmlist
>Attemps to log in followed by an instant disconnect without fail
What the fuck
>>
option to change between vanilla textures and updated?
>>
>>335827096
Its more the principle of the thing rather than affecting vanilla gameplay. If you want legacy servers, you should only have what was available to you during that incarnation of the game. Saying you want the new features is like saying to Blizzard "yeah we are indecisive, finicky children"

This is coming from someone in the pro-legacy server camp, and from someone who quit in Cataclysm.
>>
>>335827248
I'm not even asking Blizzard,i'm asking you guys.
As I said before,this is just me exploring ideas and seeing what you guys think.
>>
Fuck off with your fucking grafics Jesus Christ
>>
>>335827369
>This is coming from someone in the pro-legacy server camp, and from someone who quit in Cataclysm.
OP here,exactly the same
I repeat,this is not a request dammit.Just toying with the idea.

I'm interested,if Blizzard said they'd add the option to use Updated graphics,would you support it?If not,why not?Remember,you could always set your own graphics to be like they were in Vanilla.
>>
File: 1358951896920.jpg (14 KB, 248x238) Image search: [Google]
1358951896920.jpg
14 KB, 248x238
>All of a sudden these "New features in old WoW" threads start popping up
>Implying this isn't Blizzard/Blizzfag astroturfing for proof that we dont want vanilla
Inb4 someone is dumb enough to say astroturfing doesn't happen on /v/
>>
>>335821421
>but it cant be that hard to code in! these private server devs are lazy!

you're completely changing the game because you adding in shit that wasn't there before. the code doesn't exist for it. other features mentioned in this thread are already on some form of WoW. you're talking about the devs actually writing new code for the game.
>>
>Blizzard already said no wont happen
>People still hope they legacy servers
>Popular streamer fags exploit dreams of players for views
>People lick Mark Kerns ass

cute
>>
File: 1461705330566.png (373 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461705330566.png
373 KB, 900x900
>>335828301
>>
>>335828719
It's funny how much that looks like Mark Kern.
>>
>>335827248
>its about begging blizzard for vanilla realms and using the old client and then now asking for things like wod graphics in it. even if its optional, its fucking gay to ask for
Considering that Blizzard's response to legacy/vanilla servers has long been "We don't keep old incarnations of the game client, so we'd have to rebuild it," the idea of including newer graphics options isn't terribly far-fetched.

...even if the "we don't keep old stuff" is bullshit.

>>335828105
>you're completely changing the game because you adding in shit that wasn't there before
Item IDs have always been there. All that transmogrification added was a way to apply the stat properties of one ID while displaying another. You gain the stat boosts and damage on 23056 while appearing to hold 21839.
>>
File: 1461693700784.jpg (82 KB, 639x720) Image search: [Google]
1461693700784.jpg
82 KB, 639x720
>>335828956
>>
>>335829083
okay can you write us some code real quick. give the devs a template for it
>>
>>335812016
Updated graphics, but only if
-No more resilience
-No more heroic dungeons
-No more daily quests
-No more heirlooms
-No more welfare epics
-BIG boost in game difficulty
>>
i didnt play 10years of wow for the graphics and i couldnt care less
>>
>>335818263
Holly molly that's the best granny i've ever seen. Who's she ?
>>
>>335830429
she's 51,hardly a granny.
She's a Croatian TV reporter.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP4RLq0cwfw
>>
>>335830262
Is that supposed to be a list of "bad" changes in exchange for updated graphics? You've basically just said "Updated graphics, but only if everything is vanilla content," and I'm totally fine with that.
>>
>>335830682
50's is the limit for MILF after that for me it's considered granny. Thanks for the name anon she's hot as fuck.
>>
>>335831034
in the video you're looking,she's 46,and she hardly looks any different now.
No problem!
>>
>>335817538
About how they can hire them as honorary devs to make themselves look good. It's Blizzard they aren't going to release legacy servers without draining people for every penny.

IF Blizzard does it they will make it so you have to have the latest expansion, properly subbed (no wow token sub even if you already have one active), probably have you pay an additional fee, shit probably even a character creation/server setup fee.

We've seen over the years that Blizzard will drain people of every penny they can get and not spend it on the game. Legacy servers are going to be the same, they will get the Nost devs to setup servers and have 3 dudes add a new setup on battle.net to add it to your current game. Then probably have 4 servers up (PVP, PVE, RP, RPPVP).

People need to stop supporting Blizzard. They have fucked over their entire community and people accept it by saying "they're a business lol".
>>
>>335819625
Just because someone told you about roguecraft when you started in wrath doesn't make you an expert in vanilla pvp.

Yes, rogues were champions of 1v1 pvp. Yet pvp wasn't about 1v1, it never has been because of the whole rock, paper, scissors mechanics. Rogue identity was always "watch your back or you will get ganked".

Class identity was fine in Vanilla (sure some specs were shit) but it was better than the forced identity each spec of a class has been given. Look at shammies ffs, they are fucking aids and don't make any sense. They were honestly better in the day where you were unique to a raid, spamming chain heal or rolling the windfury dice.
>>
>>335812457
The new character models are fucking ugly, faggot.
>>
>>335827305
You need to set your account up properly on the site and verify your shit for the server.
>>
File: thick.png (2 MB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
thick.png
2 MB, 1280x1707
Not really what this thread is about but I just wanna tell you all that you can use the old models in the current live version.

System > Advanced Show old character models.
>>
>blizzard tells us we don't want vanilla servers
>/v/ goes out of its way to prove their point
fuck all of you retards, i have trouble believing anybody who actually played vanilla wants this trash.
>>
>>335835962

I want Wrath.
>>
>>335812542

>We want the good parts, but please leave out the shit parts

Sounds reasonable to me famalam
>>
>>335836157
if you want the good parts without the bad parts why dont you go play retail
>>
>>335836274

Isn't that the whole argument for legacy servers though? People think the game was better back then? I haven't played in a long time so I don't know
>>
>>335836112
I want progression servers
>>
>>335813686
>you gonna get charged
>>
I've played since the game launched, and anyone who wants Vanilla back is a raging thunderfaggot. Sorry that the game isn't everything you want right now but re-releasing Vanilla is not going to do anything to make you happy. Nostalgia is not a good reason for doing anything.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (29 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
29 KB, 800x522
>>335836987
>literally you think you want it but you don't: the post
>>
t b h I would rather them fix retail, even if its only on a special server type

I want to have enjoyable new raids and instances, dunno why people want to do MC again that badly

not that leveling speed nerfs is all it would take, but its something
>>
>>335837276
When did I say that? And many people regret trying to go back when they see just how bad it was back then. Ever hear the saying "You can never go home again"?
>>
All I really miss from vanilla are the darker nights, heavier weather effects, and armor making sound effects when you move.
>>
>>335837470
You level at normal speed in the current content, there's a reason you can go faster through the old content, it's because it's old and you've done it many times before. I'd rather not have to take six months each to get through Burning Crusade, Wrath, Cataclysm, and Mists.
>>
>>335814425
>Just like with the Overwatch pricing thing, they spent so long seeing how much they could steal from their customers.

what
>>
>>335837730
>you level at normal speed in current content

normal speed is fucking ridiculous right now compared to vanilla, thats the problem

and it doesnt need to take 6 months, but 6 hours to go 15 levels is gay no matter how old the content is
>>
Why not take the good aspects of vanilla and the good aspects of current WoW (if there are any)?
>>
>>335834283
well, i think they're good. So now we're at a crossroads, gay boi. Whatcha wanna do?
>>
>>335837823
You can choose to go slower if you want, and I think you have the option to shut off gaining experience and remain at the level you're at. No matter how good the old content is, going through it for the twentieth time gets boring and tedious and I'd rather get through it quick and get to the new material.
>>
>>335837982
Nothing about current WoW is good. Everything about Vanilla was good.
>>
>>335830262
>-No more welfare epics

Literally the complaint of every unemployed loser that plays wow all day everyday.

>How dare someone get a blue or purple item that has under 80 hours a week play time!
>>
>>335837823
>normal speed is fucking ridiculous right now compared to vanilla, thats the problem

Vanilla was shit though after level 30ish. It could take you 3 days to go 1 level and thats bullshit.

Though now you do the intro quests in a new zone and one dungeon que pops and you are headed out to the next zone so there has to be a middle ground.
>>
>>335838432
>I shouldn't have to invest time into an MMO to be good

Play a different genre instead of making devs adhere to you, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>335838885
>it took 3 days to go 1 level
if you were hardly playing maybe
>>
>>335839078
>I don't have a job, a spouse or friends in real life so I play WoW to fill a void

Go to a shrink and get your life together. When you do you will realize normal people don't have your 18 hours of free time a day to dedicate to MMO farming.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.