[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Activision/Blizzard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Activision-Gamescom_2013.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Activision-Gamescom_2013.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
So Overwatch is coming out. I've played the beta and it seems to have a solid foundation as an fps. The problem with the game is that it's really bland

Even with 21 playable heroes it feels way too much like tf2. Level objectives aside, it's almost like blizz copied valve's concept exactly.

Then I remembered, blizzard is owned by Activision - the same assholes that keep up the shitty CoD franchise.

Honestly, I think that if you're halfway smart, you should be able to figure out Activision/Blizzard's tactics regarding marketing, 'concept design' (or lack thereof) and most of all - consumer complacency.

a good example is little kids with no idea of what a better game might look like because they had marketing shoved down their throats from the other stuff they buy and the places they frequent (mountain dew, gamestop, etc).

Another good example are product loyalists. These are people that have been with blizzard since diablo 1 or 2, sc1, and vanilla WoW. If u know your history with these games, this is consumer complacency at its finest.

They really don't care anymore and you faggots just eat it up. Look at WoW right now...you can buy a level 100 character, hell you get one just for buying legion right now.

How many more idiots will they fool with there games that they have turned in to utter garbage?
>>
>>335805475
not getting tired to make the same thread every day, do you have nothing to do in your life?
>>
I'm tired of seeing even semi-positive remarks about Overwatch. I hate that people are giving these assholes more support when we should be boycotting them
>>
>>335805605
listen here faggot, no one makes these threads...

I have not seen one thread about how activision/blizzard are shit, only blizzard.

then blizzdrones come defend it and no one talks about the similarities in marketing tactics that Activision/blizzard take to keep their shitty games viable.

What I'm really saying is that most of there playerbase are whiny little kids that dont care of a game is mediocre, as long as they get ez gameplay and good enough graphics
>>
>>335805475
Who gives a shit? Valve L I T E R A L L Y stole a mod and made it into their own game. Blizzard copies a few successful elements from a team-based shooter and that's a bad thing? Fuck off gamergater.
>>
>>335806965
There's nothing you can do about it though.

Look how fucking god awful WoD was. Marketed it as BC2, millions flocked back hoping to relive those old days only to find out it's the worst expansion yet. That's why they lost half their subscription base in less than a year.

But people don't care. Legion has millions of preorders already, and had them for what? 9 months before the fucking game even launches? Before they even see so much as a screenshot?

There is no fixing it.
>>
They are advertising overwatch on mc donald cups....That is a huge clue it's going to be fucking garbage.
>>
>>335806965
hell, Activision probably owns this board along with 4chan because of how many Overwatch threads there are.

How can so many people reply to defend a game that doesnt even have any history - coupled with Activision/blizzard's recent blunders, you would think the average consumer doesn't want to touch them with a 10 ft pole
>>
>>335807269
It's their 'polishing shit' attitude that i dont like. BUY NOW AND GET A LEVEL 100 CHARACTER FOR FREE...

TF1 was a free mod for quake...TF2 was being sold in 2007 and was made free 4 years after. So, no sir, you can fuck yourself
>>
File: 1459762769848.jpg (178 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1459762769848.jpg
178 KB, 770x711
>>335805475
DELETE THIS
>>
/v/ - STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!
>>
>>335807269
it's really very close gameplay wise

do u get paid by Activision to say these stupid things?
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1242x1499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1242x1499
Hey look, I found OPs blog!
>>
>>335808680
>It's literally okay when Valve steals intellectual property

Steamcucks are truly the lowest scum on earth.
>>
>>335807359
you're right about WoD, but we have to figure out a way to fix it though. It's up to the consumer to shun companies that do shit like this.

I also have another theory that I'm sure many other anons have thought of: fabricating numbers

league does it to stay popular, I'm almost positive that Activision/blizzard do the same thing
>>
>>335809030
and then you have these faggots.

Godspeed retard
>>
>>335809194
they wanted a wider audience...im discussing how Activision/blizzard can take a really popular game that everyone already knows about, even the casuals. TF2 is already a very established game and had/have way more people playing it. TF1 was a niche mod

again, you can go fuck yourself faggot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.