[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/, I like being huge. Every time I play a DaS game, my main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: prisoners_chain.png (25 KB, 199x252) Image search: [Google]
prisoners_chain.png
25 KB, 199x252
So /v/, I like being huge. Every time I play a DaS game, my main character has the best shield I can get my hands on. Weapon is secondary. And I like to have big enough armour to count as a mobile structure. It's boring to most people, I know, but it's what I like.

Now in DaS3 this is... difficult. Weight is pretty hard to increase relative to other games, and fatrolling is suicide. But still, huge, so I worked on it.

Right now I have 50 vit and 46 str (going to 50), as well as the havels ring. The one I can't make up on my mind is pic related. I love that it gives +5 vig/end/vit, but it lowers my defense notably. For example, wearing a set I had, it made my physical absorb go from 29 to 20. That's pretty distinct. However, without the ring I can't equip as much shit.

Honestly, once I hit NG+ (currently just have to do Nameless and thats the last for NG) I can get the Havels Ring +1 and I'll probably bump vitality up with that until I can use whatever I want. End goal is havels shield + fume UGS + gundyr armour + bucket helm. Thats a fuckload of weight.

tl;dr 5 vit vs 25%-33% defense loss is probably a dumb decision. What builds are you all running? Anyone else huge?
>>
>>335804768
> I like being huge.
You're shit out of luck.
Being heug in DS3 is barely viable PvP or PvE.

Remember when you could ease mode 4 kings with Havel's Armor, even if you fatrolled in it?

Yeah, can't do that in DS3.

Just dump all those vit point into vig.
>>
File: i make a fine estus soup.png (50 KB, 173x198) Image search: [Google]
i make a fine estus soup.png
50 KB, 173x198
>>335804768
fuck the defense loss bruh

you're not tryna minmax this shit, if you were you'd be rolling with a target shield and a refined dark sword

you're in it to be a walking tank, and more vit helps you do that

follow your beefy tanky dreams
>>
Just give up anon. I'm wrapping up NG+ and it's still hard to be anywhere near as good as DaS 1/2. Your best bet is light armour with a big shield/wepaon. I;m using brass set with great machete and dragonslayer armour shield.
>>
>>335804998
Never did like poise in DaS1 either. I don't want to be "ignore what enemy is doing and swing randomly" huge, I want "I have to actively block and look for openings" huge. With also huge armour because I like how it looks.

Beating Yhorm first try without the storm ruler was fun, though it took 25-30 minutes.

>>335805257
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. May even say fuck it and see how long it takes to get to 99 vit, with all three havels ring and the prisoners chain.
>>
>>335804768
it doesn't effect your shield, use it untill you have enough vit to get rid of it
>>
Heavy armor is shit in DS3. Barely an upgrade over the lighter armors,,and poise is non-existent. Half the reason heavy armor was good in DS1 was because of poise.

Greatshields are still okay, though. Really, a Havel's shield is all you need to be a tank.
>>
File: 1460381841627.gif (2 MB, 367x206) Image search: [Google]
1460381841627.gif
2 MB, 367x206
>>335804768
also: greatshields are insanely OP in DSIII. This partially makes up for the lack of poise and makes super-heavy builds more viable.

In PVP, if you're rolling with a maxed out greatshield (best is greatshield of glory for stability/weight) and a reasonably fast weapon, you will fucking dominate most players without needing to roll out at all.

Seriously, I have seen maybe one or two of the super-heavy greatshields in PVP. Whenever I use one, people have no idea what to do. They try kicking, but with greatshields it barely makes a dent in my stamina.

Eventually the meta will catch up, people will git gud and figure out how to deal with it, but you should ride the greatshield wave before they do.
>>
>50 VIT

lmao lad you done retarded.
>>
>>335805570
This is also what I've been doing and it's a fucking laugh riot
>>
>>335805257
>>335805570
>ride the greatshield wave
>walking tank

1. Get +5 Havel's Shield
2. 2-hand that bitch

Enjoy blocking while attacking and never being staggered

>>335805391
Most of your defense comes from stats, ie. your level.
It's barely worth to invest in vit to be able to have heavier armor.

Especially not up to 99.
The breakpoint is probably at 30 or 40, like most stats.

Just decide what bulky armor you think is coolest, pick your weapon and put enough points into vit to be able to use both, wihle still using havels and prisoner's chian.

It's not only good for vit, you get health and stamina as well, the health helps offset the extra damage you will take, if you're especially if you're under 27 vig, less so when you're under 40 vig and barely worth it 40 vig or above.
>>
You're in luck OP, one of the best builds is 2 handing a Havels shield

Just get enough to be able to run, you don't need to roll because your attack is also a block and your damage taken is heavily mitigated if any
>>
File: 1446243343840.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446243343840.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>335805570
>DragonSlayer Armour great shield + Broadsword
>Tfw
>>
File: ferengi.jpg (400 KB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
ferengi.jpg
400 KB, 1438x1080
>>335805864
you can smell their panic and their fear. you can hears the gear grinding in their head: what do I do? I tried kicking and that doesn't work!

i'm not great at souls pvp but I don't think I've lost a single 1v1 with my greatshield + dark sword build + fastrolling build. It's gotten to the point where I'm playing with a witches locks build to break up the monotony because every greatshield fight ends the same way
>>
>tfw always terrified I'm going to waste stat points so every trip to the Shrine is a nightmare
>>
File: dennzeiz.jpg (38 KB, 800x678) Image search: [Google]
dennzeiz.jpg
38 KB, 800x678
>>335804768
> Wants to boost equip load
> Doesn't have ring of favor

Poor form.
>>
>>335804768

No real advice; just here to tell you you're not alone. I've been waiting to use heavy armor all game, but with how suicidal it is to not roll I've had to make due with good light armor that looked like armor, not just cloth with a few bits of metal.

I'm at the same point you are, but not nearly the same VIT and STR. I'm about 30 VIT 42 STR, 30 VIG. I can't use any of the greatshields if I want to roll, even with a mace.

So I go shieldless to use Vordt's Hammer or Profane Greatsword, they stomp in pvp as long as I'm mindful of my lack of tanking ability.

Anyway, I feel you. D3 is just not Tank friendly.
>>
>>335806450

It does fuck-all. If your VIT os low it actually gives a relative DECREASE because the ring itself is so heavy. You need probably 20-25 VIT before it starts giving a payoff its so shit.

Seriously, the only thing you will notice from it is stamina which is 10% with a regular favor ring. What was wrong with just straight up giving +20% to everything?
>>
>>335806151

Relax, there are not many chances to fuck up stats in Dark Souls games. Unless you're aiming for an specific build, you have lots of freedom to experiment as you please. I've been playing like 3 different characters in one since I started, and I haven't beat the game yet.
>>
>>335804998
The whole system with poise and weight is assbackwards right now. Everything weighs way too much and there is no way to carry a sidearm or a second shield without dumping points in vitality like crazy or saying bye to two ring slots permanently. You'd think 70% would be a generous point for fatroll but if you want to swing more than a toothpick while not being dressed in dishrags you better forget staying on SL 120. Fucking shit, the whole thing. So many things I just can't try because I'd be too heavy with just weapon and shield alone.
>>
>>335809495
There's no point in equiping heavy armors since poise doesn't work anyway
>>
>>335809882
>since poise doesn't work anyway
Which is exactly the problem. Heavy armor does not even serve the function it's supposed to have.
>>
>>335805391
Wait, you can equip multiple of the same ring as long as it's a different +X variation?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.