[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if i take a mountain and sculp it like a giant erect cock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
So if i take a mountain and sculp it like a giant erect cock then i fly away... will it be there when i come back? or will other player eventually encounter it?

Or does it just all regenerate when you fly away?
>>
>>335788813
No, it won't be saved. Only "signifcant events" permanently change a planet.
>>
>>335788906
Itll be saved on your console though
>>
It would be saved for you and no one else, but you cant actually do terraforming of that scale.
>>
>>335789018
Oh, okay, neat.
>>
>>335788906
>>335789018
>>335789081

but what if i encounter other player (i know the chances are very slim), he wont be able to see what i do to the planet?
>>
>>335789369
Nothing has been confirmed yet. It's easier to just assume there won't be any multiplayer at all.
>>
>>335789369
>but what if i encounter other player

You can't.
>>
>>335789516
>nothing has been confirmed yet
Isnt it coming out soon? Whether it has multiplayer or not seems like something you should inform people of before shipping a game
>>
>>335789703
Listed as Single player on steam
>>
>>335789703
They're being deliberately vague about it to trick gullible faggots into thinking you can actually do some kind of worthwhile multiplayer with others.

Don't be fooled, you can't.
>>
>>335789703
Soon as in almost 2 months?
>>
>>335789920
LOL! Holy fuck dude. Simmer the hell down. It's a VIDEO GAME! Think about that before you open your mouth and make yourself look like the saddest piece of shit I've seen all day. I know NOTHING about you except that you're worthless and have no life IE. time to check these things out and care. Hope you're proud of yourself. I really do. I sincerely hope for a SPLIT second you feel better about yourself because you downloaded and rummaged through all the levels of your favourite Video Game in fucking STEAM just to point out he said his opinion. That was going to blow the fucking CONTINUITY out of the water and blow our FUCKING minds somehow. Being that Video Games are known for their sharp and detective like continuity. Steam. Even the fucking CREATOR said fuck this and LEFT....but you...no YOU sat down and figured this out and now you look SO brilliant in front of us. Man....is my face red. I'm so ashamed of myself for not being a big fucking loser who has to spend my time nitpicking a fucking KIDS game (even in Japan it's for CHILDREN you weeaboo piece of shit) like you. Nice work.
>>
>>335789703
Hello Games are the kind of developers that like to tease multiplayer in all their presentations and then accusing reporters of 'asking the wrong questions' when asked about it. I'm excited for this game, but that's a dick move.
>>
>>335789703
just buy it, you don't need any informations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0

> talks what you can do
> but he plays like it is a walking simulator.
>>
>>335789989
mmmh, new pasta taste likes shitpost.
>>
>>335789976

Games go gold (are printed) one month before release.

So yeah. 2 months is pretty soon buddy.
>>
>>335790069
> New
> Not recognising that it is like 4 years old with the wording swapped around

Why do newfags like you exist?
>>
>>335788813
why can't they just say that there will be multiplayer
holy fuck
they would be getting truckloads more money in the form of pre-orders if they quit with this "developer's vision" bullshit
>>
>>335789703
They have explained everything about the 'multiplayer', /v/ is too stupid to understand it
>>
>>335790251
to let faggots feel important like you.
>>
>>335789516
>>335789689
I don't know where this meme of no multiplayer started. It has multiplayer, but it's actually the size of like half of our observable universe. This means that even if 10 million people are playing, they are spread out amongst 18 quintillion (Billion Billion) planets roughly the size of Mexico (Murray says they are planet sized but they vary greatly, with the average planet we've seen in trailers quite smaller than Earth) So what he is saying is that while you can encounter other players, it is statistically unlikely for you to do so.
>>
>>335790296
Because there isn't proper multiplayer. They can't lie about it.
>>
>>335789018
>[citation needed]
>>
>>335790296
Because Myst would be so much better as a multiplayer game with guns

The fact is NMS is a niche game for exploration faggots. I bet every single person who is complaining about the multiplayer hasn't played a single exploration game in their life.

I dont like NMS, but holy fuck are you people ignorant as shit to think every game needs multiplayer.
>>
>>335789703
They are being vague as fuck when it comes to what parts are multiplayer or not.
>>
>>335790321
"You have a 10% chance for a dark souls-esque phantom to appear on the same planet as you until he disappears shortly thereafter"
That isn't multiplayer, that sounds like even more effort than just putting regular multiplayer in.
>>
>>335790214
This game is digital only though.
There's nothing to print.
>>
>>335790345
>there is multiplayer you just can't see it
>>
File: 1437004924430.jpg (7 KB, 214x216) Image search: [Google]
1437004924430.jpg
7 KB, 214x216
>>335790345
>while you can encounter other players, it is statistically unlikely for you to do so

No, you CANNOT encounter other players, he has stated this in an interview when asked if you could actually meet other players. Stop spreading misinformation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM&t=2m45s
>>
>>335790450
Thats why I said 'multiplayer'
>>
>>335789018
Prove this
>>
>>335790345

But didn't Sean say himself that you could fly around a planet and never reach an end?
>>
>>335790345
Dude, don't be the faggot that pretents like everyone around them just 'can't comprehend the scale of the game'.
The developer literally said the multiplayer would be 'more like Journey, or Dark Souls, where you will feel the presence of other people playing, but never interact with them'.
This, together with smaller changes not being stored on the server, means that multiplayer is off the map.
>>
>>335790345

He has literally said, in the English language, that there is no multiplayer aspect aside from names of discovered species.
>>
>>335790383
i don't plan on buying NMS but if a game is filled to the brim with shit to do with friends, it screams arrogance and stupidity to not implement it because of some "vision", especially if it would boost sales with relatively little effort to implement it into the game.
>>
>>335790694
>relatively little effort
Coding good multiplayer takes considerable effort.
>>
>>335790694
Thanks for that arbitrary and pointless post, no one cares.
>>
File: nms.png (507 KB, 698x491) Image search: [Google]
nms.png
507 KB, 698x491
>>335790454
It's got a physical release.
>>
>>335790694
>especially if it would boost sales with relatively little effort to implement it into the game.
How to Spot an Underage Faggot; The Post

Multiplayer is one of the hardest things to do for a game, its an entirely separate massive part that dictates how every single feature works.

Go take your uneducated opinion somewhere where its wanted like >>>/r/eddit faggot
>>
>>335790479
Nowhere in this interview does he say there is not multiplayer. He said the game is "Like Dark Souls and Journey", both of which have multiplayer but it isn't a game where you play the whole game with your friends. What he is saying is while multiplayer exists, the proper systems aren't in place to support it. So if you both leave the atmosphere at the same time, it might send the other player to a different lobby or room. Since you obviously didn't follow the games progression, there is a big mystery on what the player character looks like, which nobody will know until two players meet.
>>
>>335790694
>with relatively little effort to implement it into the game
That's the problem, it wouldn't be relatively little effort.
>>
>We have multiplayer
>So, tell us about it
>It's not a main focus
>Can you meet players
>It's statistically unlikely, it's like Journey or Dark Souls, you'll find traces of other people
>But if me and my friend will find same planet will we be able to travel together?
>It's not main focus
Jesus, this fucker can say many words, but don't say anything useful.
>>
>>335790846
Why the fuck would you get this on PS4?
>>
>>335791024
To play the game
>>
File: r34y636.jpg (10 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
r34y636.jpg
10 KB, 258x195
I will pirate your game day 1, Mr. Marketer
>>
>>335791047
You do have a PC don't you?
>>
>>335790996
>I am stupid and cant understand how the multiplayer works
>It must be the developers fault!
To an extent, maybe it is, hes obviously not explaining it in such a simple way that idiots such as yourself can grasp it.
>>
>>335791092
I do
>>
>>335790996
He knows that if they just said no, then most people would not buy the game.
>>
>>335791123
So why would you get the PS4 version instead of the PC version?
>>
File: 1435704617488.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1435704617488.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
>>335790946
Holy fucking shit you are absolutely delusional. I am not arguing that there is no multiplayer in the game, I'm saying you cannot meet other players, which Sean straight up says in that interview.
>>
>>335790792
not if they half-ass it, which is the only hope for any semblance of multiplayer being put into the game at this point
>>335790794
i was prefacing my post by saying that like the poster i was replying to, i have no interest in the game or buying the game for that matter
obtain a degree of reading comprehension before you start attacking people for questioning your favorite game's development choices, dumb nigger
>>
>>335791107
>What the developers saying is just too hard for you to grasp.

Damn, you better be prepared for major dissapointment.
>>
>>335791164
I Collect Collectors editions.
>>
>>335791107
If you continue shittalking potential customers, you'll not receive shekels for shilling.
>>
>>335791171
Your trying to save face and got called out on being a moron
>multiplayer is easy! just hit the 'import multiplayer!' button
Fuck off.
>>
>>335790694
>being mad that developers adhere to their vision even if it potentially makes them less money

Are you retarded? That's exactly what every single developer should do you faggot.
>>
>>335791243
How can I be disappointed in something I understand?

The games 'multiplayer' consists of connected naming and the super infrequent Journey/Dark Souls style 'seeing a person but maybe not really a person in the distance' shit.

Thats it. You're the idiot who cant grasp this.
>>
>>335789906
This, go check it out if you don't believe, anyway, I hate interacting with other players so this is good for me.
>>
>>335791260
>Niche game for a niche audience of explorationfags
>thinks anyone gives a fuck what SC/ED/EvE faggots like yourself want in NMS
This just in; No one cares.
>>
>>335791353
Even if it did have multiplayer you could disable it by not buying PS+
>>
>>335791430
>Niche game for a niche audience of explorationfags
That's not how Sony marketing it, actually.
>>
You can't do anything but walk around in this shitty game
>>
>>335791508
>Sony are idiots
You dont say.
>>
>>335791169
Well I guess we'll see when the game comes out. He has said that the center of the universe is an event that you will benefit from having other people around for and he has put an emphasis on seeing what you look like, but I guess because he didn't talk about the specifics of player interaction in one interview that there is no interaction at all and he has been lying the whole time. Bravo kid, you cracked the Murray Code.
>>
File: 1438362661353.png (67 KB, 181x201) Image search: [Google]
1438362661353.png
67 KB, 181x201
>>335791430
If no one cares why do every one of your shill threads devolve into arguing about the multiplayer?

You're just upset that Sean's word-mincing and half-truths weren't enough to fool a lot of people into thinking the game would have proper multiplayer.
>>
>>335791291
>cutting out interesting features is adhering to a vision
you fucks will defend anything in regards to the game just to be fucking contrarian
>>
>>335790694

They would have to change a lot if things. Inplementing fast travel would mean rebalancing things and making it so it wouldn't affect the time it takes to get to the center. Resources would need rebalanced, and the entire game would be changed.

All so a few people could meet up and shoot dinosaurs together for a month.
>>
Ok so this is a game about exploring a vast nothing.
>no dude it's multiplyer
ok cool so I can grief other assholes and generaly be a shitter?
>no no dure you're not getting it it's multiplayer but everyone is a million miles away!
peter molyneux you have made a SALE HOT DAMN
>>
>>335791583
I just do this for fun, making fun of idiots like yourself who cant grasp simple concepts amuses me.
>>
>>335791291
>That's exactly what every single developer should do you faggot.

You're assuming that adhering to a "vision" automatically makes for a better game. That's not necessarily true.
>>
>>335791574
>because he didn't talk about the specifics of player interaction in one interview that there is no interaction at all and he has been lying the whole time

Really nice strawman, mate. How many more times do I have to say "There IS multiplayer, just not ACTUAL multiplayer" before you get it into your stupid brain that I understand what he's saying.

It's not that what he's saying is bad or unwanted, it's that he's been setting up an expectation for "classic" multiplayer in No Man's Sky, which it very clearly won't have.
>>
Minecraft started off without multi-player. If they really think the game will benefit from it, then maybe they will add it down the road.

Maybe once people have reached the center.
>>
File: OvalWalker.0.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OvalWalker.0.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
More important question, is there a way to disable instagram filter?
>>
>>335791770
>Clearly demonstrate at least twice that I understand the multiplayer in the game
>Y-YOU'RE JUST STUPID, YOU DON'T *GET* IT

Holy fuck.
>>
>>335791636
>cutting out
>something that was never there in the first place

Are you retarded?
>>
>>335790463
The human eye can only see singleplayer anyway
>>
>>335791802
Not for everyone obviously, but I believe devs should make games they want and not care about cash, political corectness or anything else. Those games won't be "better" for everyone (since thats subjective), but they will find their own audiences that will love them.
>>
>>335791813
Yes, I agree it won't have classic multiplayer. Even if you meet up at the exact same position I'm sure its not a guarantee the other player will be there. But the fact that other players "can" be in the same session as you has been confirmed from one of the first interviews. And when you both leave the area, even at the same time I'm sure the other guy will disappear. This is why its listed as a single player game because its primarily a single player experience. I'm arguing against people saying that players CANNOT meet up with eachother whatsoever, and that it will be impossible to see what the player character looks like.
>>
No mans sky is locked to 30 frames, there is no way to enjoy mp with 30 frames anyways.
>>
>>335792249
>But the fact that other players "can" be in the same session as you has been confirmed from one of the first interviews

I'd say that was probably wishful thinking on their part. They'd probably hoped for a more classic multiplayer experience to begin with but as time went by they've realised it's too big of an undertaking, especially for a dev team as small as they have.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even think the game needed multiplayer to begin with, I love Space Engine, it's just that Sean has been deliberately vague about the subject and it fucking annoys me that some people are going to be buying the game expecting proper multiplayer. Strikes me that Sean is being a snake oil salesman and I don't like that.
>>
>>335791739
>ok cool so I can grief other assholes and generaly be a shitter?
This is why there is no multiplayer. People like you ruin online games
>>
>>335792412
>No mans sky is locked to 30 frames, there is no way to enjoy mp with 30 frames anyways.
Just like /v/ to be spreading lies.
The dev is aiming for 60 on release and if you watch any of the gameplay vids in hd you will see that they're in 60.

Before you ask here's proof https://youtu.be/GjKTJblJpw0 at 43:25

And here's some 60 fps gameplay for you too https://youtu.be/EwSqLFPV_uY
>>
>>335792859
>This is why there is no multiplayer
this is where you reveal that the game is shit
>>
When two players are in the same position, a lobby is created on the computer of the one who sees the other first. And all the changes to the terrain will be save for both of you on your computers.
>>
>>335792662
Sean has always said the this is not a multiplayer game, that the goal of the game it's exploration and survival on your own, alone. It's a small feature that is in the game in the case that happens (which most likely won't happen to anyone)
>>
>>335794330
Now, if a game does not have a classic multiplayer it becomes a shit. Is that your point?
>>
>>335791254
And i cant imagine most computers handling this game that well anyway. It needed a console release
>>
>>335795843
if a game that is nothing without the community aspect has no multiplayer it definitely becomes shit
>>
>idiots wanted space minecraft
>they got space smoke and space mirrors
top space kek fampais
>>
>>335798104
First of all, don't lie. It has multiplayer, just not in an classic way.
And when did anyone at HelloGames say that the comunity aspect it's that important? If your talking about the atlas, it's a feature where all the people uploads the knowledge that they discover and find. You are in a multiplayer universe, but your journey is only your journey.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.