[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know /v/ you can call him a hack and a cunt for ruining paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1455550047753.gif (2 MB, 603x331) Image search: [Google]
1455550047753.gif
2 MB, 603x331
You know /v/ you can call him a hack and a cunt for ruining paper mario and star fox but you know you're gonna forget about all this drama once he dies and just like bowie and prince his legacy will be remembered rather than the fucks he's done
>>
>>335778721
he's the steve jobs of video games.
>>
They should have let the poor guy retire when he wanted to 10 years ago.

But you're right, he's done much much more good than harm.
>>
Every single nintendo game has been a hit, they have literally never made even a mediocre game.
>>
>>335778721
Tell this to your kids:
>make sure your heroes are old persons, that way they will probably be dead when you reach adulthood.
>>
>>335778793

I don't see how they're at all similar.

Steve Jobs
- asshole
- businessman
- thief

Shigeru Miyamoto
- innovator
- creator
- all around nice guy
>>
The big problem is that they keep forcing him in games/series where he doesn't need to be there. When he creates his own universe it's fucking fantastic, but when he's just there to add to an existing series, he brings nothing good to the table.
>>
>>335778857
He doesn't remember reality
>>
I have a hard time pegging him for every single fuck up he's tangentially involved in, just as I realize he wasn't the sole responsible party for making all the things I loved

What I do know from all the interviews and such is that he seems like a really chill guy who enjoys what he does and I'm both highly respectful and envious of that. It will be a sad day when he dies
>>
>>335778845

You're probably trolling or w/e but I agree.

There has never been a Nintendo game I didn't like. At least, not recently.

But, fuck it, right? NX is delayed, nintendoomed, metacritic shit, whatever you faggots parrot around all day. Nintendo will survive all of it and continue making good games for the foreseeable future regardless.

I'll spare myself and go work on 100%ing Star Fox, which controls just fine if you're not an imbecile
>>
>>335778721
The difference is Bowie and Prince didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>335778964
>all around nice guy
He seems really nice on camera but he has this face, and him being Japanese doesn't help, that makes me imagine him being a real hardass in the work place. Of course we'd never know what the case actually is, unless plenty of people have talked about what he's like to work with (or work under, rather)?
>>
>>335779091
Have you played Game & Wario or Amiibo Festival?
>>
>>335779170
I remember reading an interview with some Retro Studio's staff about him helping them with Metroid Prime 1. If I remember one quote correctly, he could get pissed enough to "flip tables" on the team.

That same interview said he was the one responsible for deciding the game should be an FPS, as the over-the-shoulder view just wasn't working out, and Miyamoto actually likes FPS games.
>>
>>335779324

I don't know. I'm not denying it, I just have a hard time seeing him flip tables.

I don't feel like Japanese people overreact in the same way that other cultures do. It doesn't seem like they do anyway.
>>
>>335779324
the "table flip" thing is just a poor mistranslation of a japanese term that essentially means "getting rid of everything and starting from scratch"
>>
>>335778721
>and star fox
But Star Fox Zero is great. If you somehow consider it to have "ruined" Star Fox then you likely never liked the old games to begin with, or you're just completely incapable of learning new control schemes.
>>
>>335779594
>muh "you couldn't git gud at the controls" meme
Fuck off.
>>
>>335779669
How else could you consider the game to have "ruined" Star Fox?
>>
File: sfox.png (201 KB, 1065x682) Image search: [Google]
sfox.png
201 KB, 1065x682
Miyamoto always hated starfox and on his dementia he used the franchise as his labrat for retarded mechanics and ideas.

The sooner he is gone, the better for Nintendo.
>>
>>335779758
By being a bland rehash that people are rightfully not buying (see sales), thereby letting Nintendo use it as an excuse to not make a proper new one for yet another decade or possibly ever.
>>
>>335779669
Fuck you, it IS git gud.

Although the game is best when played in Arcade mode with Motion Controls to "only on ZL"

People want a game with depth and casual-filter? It's Zero. But suddenly, /v/ is like

>OMG IT'S BAD BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE CONTROLS IN 2 MINUTES

YOU fuck off
>>
>>335779851
I can see why. All Nintendo has ever done with Starfox is remake/re-release the first game over and over. I'm surprised it is even considered one of their core franchises.
>>
>>335779091
Star Fox is great for all three hours of content it has.
>>
>>335779956
So not being the best/freshest game in the franchise is the same as it ruining the franchise?

That's your standard?
>>
>>335780073
>It has more than three hours of conctent
Don't go judging on some youtube video, you fuck.

The game has more than three hours of content.
>>
>>335778721
Star Fox Zero is great. He didn't do anything to paper mario, IS made a bad game and you all blamed Miyamoto for asking them to not rehash.
>>
>>335780073
I love the Ironing that Star Fox Zero has pretty much the same amount of Rail Shooter sections as Assault sandwiched between such fun gimmicks as Gyrowing, endless All-Range missions and the Chicken Walker.
>>
>>335780017
>Fuck you, it IS git gud.
Nah. I beat the game and only lost about 2 lives in some instances where I didn't know what to do. Getting used to the controls takes maybe one level, but that doesn't stop them from being fucking cumbersome and annoying all the way through.

>>335780113
>That's your standard?
Nope. That's the population's standard because the game's selling like dog-shit, so don't take it out on me.

>>335780249
Assault also had ton of unlockables and one of the best multiplayers on the gamecube though. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with that gimmicks comment though.
>>
>>335780249
This may just be bad memory, but I'm pretty sure Assault's on-rails sections were longer.
>>
>>335780379
>Nope. That's the population's standard because the game's selling like dog-shit
A game can sell poorly without "ruining" a franchise.
>>
>>335780140
No it really doesn't. Beat the game and go back and unlock Fortuna and the six or so tiny bonus levels. That's like five hours, max. Half the planets aren't even fun to replay, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with Fichina again.
>>
sure he might have made some fuckups the last few years but honestly they don't even begin to compare to the importance the man had for gaming as a whole
his legacy will be his deserved successes, I don't see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>335780436
If you honestly think the game is selling poorly because it's difficult or that people just aren't good enough for it then I don't think I have anything left to say.
>>
Daily reminder that Miyamoto Killed paper mario and starfox.
>>
>>335778827
He has produced nothing of value since Mario Galaxy and it´s only going to get worse from here.

Give him another 10 years and he´s going to kill Nintendo.
>>
>>335780750
>Give him another year and he´s going to kill Nintendo

FTFY
>>
>>335780614
But that's not what I think. And not what I have said nor implied.
>>
File: 1459574659648.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459574659648.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>335778721
Star fox zero is good, don't believe memes
>>
Not really. I still think Iwata was the worst thing to happen to Nintendo, and am sickened by all the fools who used to criticise him and wished he'd step down, but changed their tune to praise and missing him the moment he died.
>>
>>335778857
>in his last year

Fixed
>>
I stopped liking Miyamoto years ago. To me he's done many more games I've disliked than games I've liked but that's probably because I hate Mario games
>>
He needs to go. Nintendo needs new blood, like those wh made Splatoon.
>>
File: ZOwuXqh.png (13 KB, 744x615) Image search: [Google]
ZOwuXqh.png
13 KB, 744x615
>>335779851
>Dylan Cuthbert
Bitter nobody.
>>
File: 54654654.jpg (70 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
54654654.jpg
70 KB, 600x384
>>335778721
You are right, but only once he dies. I won't give tow fucks if he retires tomorrow. In fact, I wish he already did a couple of years before.
>>
>>335782375
Seriously. Online infrastructure aside, Splatoon is the most competently made game out of Nintendo in a very long time.

>Motion controls with option to completely turn them off.
>integrates their dumb social network in a meaningful and fun way that's made more people use it than ever.
>Provides fucking patch notes for every update, something the Smash team still hasn't wrapped their head around.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (235 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
235 KB, 1600x1200
Unrelated, but was this thing ever in the game?
>>
>>335782895
It's those things that are knocking over buildings and throwing steel beams at you in Corneria.
>>
>>335782956
Now I remember, it just looks like they'd be bigger from the cartridge
>>
>>335779851
this is misleading as hell, he was a programmer, it's not like he came up with the whole concept of the game himself. It was inspired by a fox shrine miyamoto visited. If not for Miyamoto's inspiration the game never would have existed.

The guy may be old and out of touch but this revisionist bullshit doesn't hold water.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.