[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In an industry where the journalists are either all fans, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: HNI_0007.jpg (112 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0007.jpg
112 KB, 640x300
In an industry where the journalists are either all fans, or being paid to promote companies products you will never have unbiased coverage for the good of the consumer.

All of the shit the video games industry pulls is due to the fact that no journalists who know their shit exist who will call them out.

Crap kickstarters, broken games on release, microtransactions, disc locked DLC, lies about release dates, and even the toxic fan community all stem from the fact that companies are not accountable, because if a review is not to their satisfaction then there are plenty of fanboy-wannnabe journalists who can suck up to them instead. They can blacklist and smother away criticism.

In other media, if a company does wrong it is challenged by the journalists. In this industry the journos side with the companies against the fans, which causes more fan dissatisfaction with both the companies and the journalists and it's a vicious fucking cycle.

How can we end this?
>>
File: 1458951322872.png (345 KB, 505x524) Image search: [Google]
1458951322872.png
345 KB, 505x524
>>335778241
You can't.
>>
>>335779971
So the ride never ends?
>>
File: 1458202960751.png (660 KB, 709x462) Image search: [Google]
1458202960751.png
660 KB, 709x462
>>335780610
Never. Ever.
>>
>>335778241
Maybe I'm falling for pasta, but correct me if I'm wrong.
> serious thread about vide games as a medium: 6 replies
> console war bait thread : 300 replies
There's why this hobby is shit. It's filled with manchildren.
On your topic. There are no real journalists in gaming because real journalists barely have enough to eat. If people actually did their jobs on this hobby nobody would be getting any money.
>>
Gamergate was meant to save us from all of this.
>>
>>335778241
Western journalism is a lost cause.

Just look at the censorship of Japanese games these days. They don't take that shit out for the audience, they do it solely so the reviews don't shit all over the games.

The journalists have become the target audience.
>>
>>335778241
By crashing this industry, with no survivors.
>>
>>335778241
>companies are not accountable
and thanks to Sony setting the precedent, they are also not liable to any class action suit

from now on, you are literally waiving your right to complain with the act of buying the product

good job, gamers, it's for you
>>
>>335782317
>and thanks to Sony setting the precedent, they are also not liable to any class action suit
O fuck, source?
>>
>>335781306
Gamergate was a bunch of faggots acting like le internet army.
>>
>>335783983

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/New-PSN-Terms-of-Service-Opt-Out-of-Class-Action-Waiver/td-p/36315782

http://wccftech.com/xbox-live-terms-waive-class-action-law-suit/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/01/steams-sub-agreement-prohibits-class-action-lawsuits/
>>
File: 1444705090636.png (1 MB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
1444705090636.png
1 MB, 1201x884
>>335784431
>http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/New-PSN-Terms-of-Service-Opt-Out-of-Class-Action-Waiver/td-p/36315782

They're all fucking terrible, but the PSN one is especially infuriating.
>>
>>335781238
The reason that these kinds of threads get less attention than the brand loyalty circle jerks is just a fact of 4chan's design. Contentious subjects with a small number of possible stances are a lot easier to partake in than anything that requires critical thought.

I would leave 4chan if there was a better place to discuss videogames anonymously but there are no other places like it. At least, none that are relatively active.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 625x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 625x933
https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/consoles/playstation-4/6117-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-fortune-ps4
>>
>>335784645
Sony was sued about even legality of such a clause, but seeing how these terms are still there and even got spread i guess they won

#4TheGamers
>>
>>335785401
I do not shitpost here but I have too many contrarian oppinions that the world doesn't like it I've tried several times on sites like reddit and alikes with awful results anonymousy is the better option and people here if they agree with you they do it because is the truth not for dickriding for internet points.

on topic: I've yet to see a journalist on this media, everyone is a paid promoter with no integrity whatsoever whom only propose is serve as goon of these companies which are the most anti-consumer shit ever conceived, the shit they pull on this industry is outrageous and nobody says anything because the few of us that actually have something over our shoulders are outnumbered by literal children and manchildern who will eat up any shit they get thrown and will jump on you at the silightest sign of disagreement.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.