[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Was it really that bad?
>>
I took full advantage of GameStop's used game return policy the same day I bought this garbage.

It's a shame, I really enjoyed Star Ocean The Second Story.
>>
it *pause* was *pause* shit *sigh*
>>
I thought the gameplay was good. I pretty much skipped the cutscenes and enjoyed myself.
>>
It was even worse than you could imagine.
>>
yes kay
>>
File: so4&so5..jpg (125 KB, 981x576) Image search: [Google]
so4&so5..jpg
125 KB, 981x576
What went wrong?
>>
It's pretty good. Normies hated it because of the anti japanese games sentiment around the rise of xbox and COD.

Play it with Japanese voices and it becomes a very fun experience with a likable cast of characters.

The game is a real drag for the first part, but really picks it up in the second and third acts.
>>
>>335765209
Not as bad as SO5
>>
>Combat
Great

>Story, Characters, Earth 2
Absolutely terrible, the combinations of several pointless party members, a very boring story and the bullshit with earth 2 made me stop playing right before the final boss [spoilers]also my PS3 YLOD at the same time[/spoilers]
>>
Characters look and move like anime fuckdolls come to life.
The areas are big and empty and look ripped out of some F2P Korean MMO.
Motoi Sakuraba disinterestedly molested his casio keyboard to make the music.
Combat is shallow, spammy trash that feels awful to play thanks to every action having a billion windup and recovery frames. It would be really obnoxious if the enemies weren't braindead easy to compensate.
The story and characters are so awful that they would probably kill the game even if it had good gameplay.
>>
>>335766259

SO5 is a direct sequel to 3, so they need the same moehist retardface style.

Just let this shit series die already..
>>
EDGE MFUGGIN MAVERICK.
>>
>>335765209
it was the last hope.
>>
>>335765209
>no one talking about it
>Was it really that bad?
>>
Nah

It's a divisive game for sure though. I didn't really like the character models, but I was like 15 when it came out so I thought it was cool.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.