[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a System Shock thread? I just got it on Steam and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: system shock.jpg (694 KB, 1600x1045) Image search: [Google]
system shock.jpg
694 KB, 1600x1045
Can we have a System Shock thread? I just got it on Steam and tried playing it but I'm gonna need to dedicate some time to getting the controls and interface down. What makes it so good. Redpill me anons.
>>
File: theywilldenythis.png (129 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
theywilldenythis.png
129 KB, 400x293
>What makes it so good
>>
>>335759518
>Redpill me

I think you're on the wrong board,bud.
>>
>Asking if it's worth it AFTER buying money for it.

Just play the bloody thing. Rebind the keyboard to what you're used to and get used to the floaty movement.
>>
>he hadnt played based shock 1
Rev up those excuses
>>
>>335761323
I knew it was good, and it was $3.
>>
in the control setting you can load a more modern configuration. I just beat it recently and really enjoyed it. Still think Deus Ex has better gameplay but not atmosphere.
>>
>>335761481
Not OP but after playing it a while, I've decided to wait for the remake. There's some great stuff in there but the dungeon crawler mechanics and midi music are just too grating.

Hopefully the remake will keep all the the original audio logs but with the improved UI of SS2.
>>
Just pay attention through the in game tutorials.
>>
>>335762035
It really not too bad. At least since gog version, the one that played, had the mouse patch

also
>hating midi music
they are actually fine, nig.

although after blasting an entire floor for over an hour it does get to me
>>
>>335759518
the atmosphere is good, good music and sound effects. it allows for multiple play choices like hacking, brute force, or stealth to pass obstacles. the audio logs add a depth to the lore and story, while not being intrusive like cutscenes.

the game isn't perfect though, having to repair your weapons can get annoying. enemies also respawn, which can get frustrating if you're lost. the save system can screw you over if you die or your game crashes before you can make a regular save instead of just a quick save.

but the gameplay is pretty good, especially for how old it is now. i still play it once in a while and have fun the whole way through, except for when you have to find like 30 spider eggs to destroy, i always miss 1 or 2 and it's annoying having to search all over for it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.