[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Final Fantasy 14 the best MMO to get into right now? I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Is Final Fantasy 14 the best MMO to get into right now? I am desperate to play a multiplayer game on PC with friends.

If you are going to say "all MMOs are shit", please offer a better alternative multiplayer game for me to play.
>>
I loved it until they locked my account from me by reseting my authenticator, and forcing me to call customer support during hours I'm not available for.

Then I lost all motivation to play. How do you duck up and authenticator like that?
>>
>>335743654
Yes, it is.
>>
>>335743654
helldivers
>>
>>335744114
What do you mean? You played the game and they fucked something up for you so that you couldn't play?

>>335744434
Oh yeah, there's been some top-down games coming out recently. I might look into this and maybe the others like Pillars of Eternity. Good suggestion.
>>
File: 56570222_p1.jpg (415 KB, 1096x1551) Image search: [Google]
56570222_p1.jpg
415 KB, 1096x1551
Yes.
Only got sick of it after 2000 hours, 3.1 and 3.2 were horrible patches
>>
>>335743654
If you like WoW and FF shit then I you will like FF14.

I personally didn't like the game. overarching story was not interesting at all and the whole thing was way too "theme park" and I don't mean that as a buzzword. It didn't feel like I was in some other world taking part in my own adventure, the adventure was the same for everyone and I just followed along in turn. Outside the main attractions there wasn't much to do or if there was it was a half assed venue.
Biggest disappointment was the Golden Saucer. The main parts of it were the Triple Triad corner and the chocobo racing, but they are lesser versions than their originals. The other mini games were garbage, especially when compared to FF7.
There are some good things about the game and you may end up really liking it but I would never recommend it to anyone based on my experience.
>>
>>335745003
I can kinda understand that, did you play it with friends or were you just going into it for the adventure? Because I think that having a cool world to explore an MMO would be the number one priority, if I were playing by myself but I'm mostly looking into it for cooperative gameplay.
>>
>>335743654
Im currently playing eso. Everyone here says its shit but i enjoy it very much.
>>
>>335746380
I used to play with friends, but they all unsubbed before me.
>>
>>335746380
oh i meant to respond to>>335745439

>>335746758
Did you ever get the fat chocobo
>>
ESO is really decent these days. It's still one of the most popular MMOs.
>>
>>335748217
surprising to hear that outside of it being called another sinking ship here
>>
play Guild Wars 2 mate. its free to play
>>
I have over 500 days on /playtime since 1.0 and heres my input.

The game is fucking great until 50. It then you have to do 2 years worth of filler/story missions to unlock the Expansion areas then its fun again until 60 then it slows down to a crawl and you'll most likely quit if you don't have a strong group of friends that can make logging on worth it.

Don't expect alot of min/maxing or unique loot to get. Almost everything comes in full sets. item level is what matters the most on any piece of gear.

Get the game. FIND A GOOD GUILD. level to cap, try the very little current endgame content then play the game the same way you play Clash of Clans or a facebook game. (1-2 hours a day) between patches.

Most of my friends quit between patches with a couple quitting until the next expac.

>TLDR: Buy the game, don't expect to get super addicted to it like FFXI or WOW, you'll most likely quit a couple months after hitting lvl cap.
>>
>>335750376
I love posts like this.
>>
>>335743654
No it's not. It's a slow paced old school game.

Play Blade & Soul or Black Desert.

And if you want to go next level play Lost Ark Online.
>>
>>335743654

Imo it depends on what you're looking for from an MMO and what ones you've enjoyed. I wouldn't recommend it to people who are like "LEVELING IN MMOS IS MY JAM" because the leveling was probably, after the first time, my least favorite thing to do in any mmo ever. I also hated the professions.

Those aside, it was really enjoyable for the solid raid mechanics, incredible sound design and nice graphics, but it isn't a game I'd go back to. My only friends still playing are big into the lewdshit people do and so I can understand why they still play but it isnt for me.
>>
>>335750376
This anon hit it spot on. There's little to do when you hit cap, I'm slowly leveling my other classes and pretty much logging in less and less til the new patch hits I guess. The expansion content takes around 16-20 hours to do (it's literally mostly teleporting all over the world, killing 1 mob or talking to one guy in some town)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.