[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on physical gamesl vs digital games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Digital-vs-Physical.jpg (28 KB, 600x285) Image search: [Google]
Digital-vs-Physical.jpg
28 KB, 600x285
Which do you prefer and why?
>>
File: IMG_20160427_211018304.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160427_211018304.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Physical
I just can't see these services lasting forever. Aside from just enjoying haveing a real tangible thing to put on my shelf its the security of it.

Isn't Sony removing support for the PSP? I heard somewhere if you want to get your PSP games you have to download them on a PS3 and transfer them from that. Company's come and go, I don't feel like putting that kinda faith in.

Pic is my Vita and PS3 collection. Missing are PSP games.
>>
>>335741598
nice collection anon

I feel the same way. What happened to our games one a company goes under? Do they just disappear? If you have a physical copy of the game then you're ok
>>
physical

my internet is garbage and I'm going to keep buying disks as long as download sizes are being atrociously inflated by retards that hate compression.
>>
>>335741923
>>335741598
Pretty much what these anons are saying.

I'm not sure how long my digital games would last. What happenes if a company goes down under? What happens if the servers are shut down? What happens if my console breaks and I buy new one?

Physical copies are honestly better in my opinion simply for conservation of the game itself. I get that digital copies are easier to make, faster to get, and cost a lot less, but I can't get behind that. As sooner or later, the games gonna disappear.

Let's be honest. I still love going to the store, buying my game, unwrapping, and putting it into my system.
>>
>>335740937
Physical

>Better taking up shelf space than console space
>Downloading games can be complete ass and take much longer than just getting the game disc
>Can loan/share it much easier
>My internet sucks
>>
I like digital better. Basically a Steam user so I'm not strongly concerned that anything is going to go under, but I wouldn't trust Sony or Microsoft to uphold their ends of the bargain on consoles, so I do buy physical copies for consoles generally. It's just more convenient for me, and I get a wider selection with better or equal pricing for used retail, here at least.
>>
File: 1460389183925.jpg (50 KB, 881x568) Image search: [Google]
1460389183925.jpg
50 KB, 881x568
>>335740937
digital on PC
physical on consoles
>>
I'd like to here from someone who buys mainly digital and what their thoughts are. Anyone?
>>
File: pt.png (317 KB, 1351x515) Image search: [Google]
pt.png
317 KB, 1351x515
physical
>>
I got multiple hundreds of physical games from pretty well all consoles, so I just stick with the trend. Unless it's PC.
>>
My friend got his account banned and he is glad he got physical
>>
>>335741923
Thanks

Totally, I only buy digital games if I have no choice (I even emailed the company that made octodad asking them if they had any plans to make a physical copy)

It seems like a waste to me. I know it could be viewed as just entertainment but such a disposable attitude about it puts me off. Everything breaks down but for my life, these are mine regardless of what happens to the company.
>>
>>335740937
Physical games on release, digital games when on sale.
>>
>>335740937
This thread is full of cancer and paranoid barbarians. Only digital pc is a civilized option for 3d millennium.
>>
Depends on the game.destiny and division I bought digital,everything with offline components I tend to get physical. When an online only game gives up I don't need a shitty frisbee.
>>
>hate digital
>slowly going digital
>>
>>335743548
hmm, you make some good points there anon
>>
if the game is on sale on psn and its a really good one i would buy it, other than that i buy physical
>>
>>335740937
I have barely 10GB of internet a month and the speed is fucking terrible, so I still rely on physical copies at this point.

Also, as >>335741598 said, I like to have a physical "library" as well.
>>
Digital games are part of the reason why I'm not fully into pc gaming even though I can play whatever I want on mine. I wait until games go incredibly cheap because I prefer physical copies greatly. Might end up being done with new games when digital only becomes the norm.
>>
Digital is best for maximum comfy and portability when it comes to handhelds.

Physical is only good if you're poor.
>>
File: 3403238402.jpg (6 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
3403238402.jpg
6 KB, 264x191
>buying a "physical copy" in 2016
>it's an installation file and a keycode
delusional cucksolefags
>>
>>335744097
t. Steamdrone
>>
>>335741598
Yeah that does worry me a little bit but most of my digital stuff is on steam, GabeN already said they have something in place in the event valve every goes under. I don't see anything happening to steam though.
>>
>>335743757
so should I buy Gravity Rush Remastered? It's on sale right now and physical copies are expensive.
Seems like a no-brainer but I'm having a hard time going digital
>>
File: 1412506625778.gif (830 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1412506625778.gif
830 KB, 250x250
>>335744235
>my installation file with a keycode printed on a disk is better than your installation file with a keycode you bought online
delusional cucksolefags
>>
>>335744341
i would say its worth it since it was originally a handheld game, but at the end of the day its your call. i bought ground zeroes for like $5 when it was on sale on psn which is what it should have been originally priced.
>>
>>335744695
I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy it... I'm really bored right now and it would be an impulse buy

I bought Ground Zeroes for 20 bucks and I thought it was worth it
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.