[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it too early for a Nier/DOD thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Nier_Emil.jpg (32 KB, 780x430) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Emil.jpg
32 KB, 780x430
Is it too early for a Nier/DOD thread?
>>
Just gathering black pearls right now and was wondering if anyone else was playing Nier. Maybe I'll try again later.
>>
Well this is odd. Found myself playing Nier for the first time in years today.

What's happening?
Are we collectively feeling something?
>>
Why does Nier have the best gameplay?
>>
>>335737645
Automata hype? I've been thinking about it a lot lately so I figured I'd finally try getting my Nier platinum.
>>
File: NieR-Promo-Art.jpg (329 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
NieR-Promo-Art.jpg
329 KB, 1280x960
This is weird because I'm about to come out of my hiatus replaying NieR.
>>
So I've heard loads of conflicting shit about Nier. Some people sing its praises while some people shit on it. What's the gameplay like? Is it fun?
>>
File: 130526-1359187-nier_g_15.jpg (407 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
130526-1359187-nier_g_15.jpg
407 KB, 3200x1800
>>335739740
I hear a lot of people say that the gameplay is mediocre or even bad, but that the game is worth it for the story/dialogue and music. The writing and the music are definitely top notch, but I personally love the gameplay too. As far as combat goes, I guess I'd say it's kind of like DMC/Bayonetta but with more tiny fodder enemies. Outside of combat there's a bit of exploring and platforming to do, lots of sidequests and things to find.

People will probably shit on me for saying this, but the game has a pretty comfy feel to it most of the time. Honestly the only thing I really don't like is how grindy it gets if you're trying to upgrade all of the weapons, especially since the game can easily be beaten even on its hardest difficulty without upgrading at all.

In any case I'd say it's one of the better games of last gen and you should give it a try. It's pretty easy to find a cheap copy.
>>
>>335737763
its called DoD1

Yes I'm completely serious
>>
>>335741342
Oh boy, better add it to the pile!
>>
>>335735812
This series is garbage for weebs, why don't you got to your pretentious subreddit instead?
>>
I've been really digging the Nier soundtrack this week, and I wanna play it. Do I need to know anything about Drakengard first?
>>
>>335742512
Not really. You can play them in any order but beating Drakengard 1 and Nier back to back is a pretty special thing, if you're up for it.
>>
>>335742512
No. If you end up liking Nier you might want to read up on Drakengard's endings or play through it yourself but it's not essential.
>>
>>335742718
I wouldn't ever recommend someone just reading Drakengard, its a full experience in itself and ideally should be played.
>>
>>335735812
3 days.
Still haven't beaten the final song.

Why can't the camera just stay still?
I never know when I'm supposed to start pressing the button.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.