[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Castlevania?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: CastleMania.png (560 KB, 3840x2560) Image search: [Google]
CastleMania.png
560 KB, 3840x2560
Favorite Castlevania?
>>
The first one. The X68k game is also great.
>>
>>335727984
I and III.

Also, you posted a picture of an Igavania. Try to not make the same mistake again in the future, thanks.
>>
>>335727984
aquaria and strider
>>
Favorite Castletroid? Aria of Sorrow, or SotN
Favorite Classicvania? Maybe Bloodlines
>>
Favorite Castlevania is Aria of Sorrow.
Favorite classic game is Castlevania IV.
>>
>>335731803
>>335731491

Why is Aria so much better? Dawn SHOULD be better. Outside of its boss fights though, it isn't.
>>
Katawa shoujo
>>
>>335731860
The things that made me not like DoS as much as AoS are the weapon crafting system. not finding a new weapon every once in a while felt pretty boring, sure a lot of them were useless in AoS, but atleast you had a nice incentive to explore the game, the story of DoS was pretty boring to me with these descendants of Dracula or some bullshit like that, I just couldn't care about the plot at all, most of the areas just felt like they were sort of recycled from AoS, so they felt kind of boring and more like they were trying to complete a checklist of zones instead of doing something cool with the castle.
Also the fucking anime artstyle, it looks so bad and generic next to the art they used in AoS, like holy shit that was a massive downgrade.

Maybe I'm just filled with nostalgia, but DoS just didn't feel right, it was lacking that little something that made AoS great.

Oh, and fuck the seal system, that shit was a pain in the ass.
>>
File: Order_of_Ecclesia_-_Cover_-.jpg (475 KB, 1500x1345) Image search: [Google]
Order_of_Ecclesia_-_Cover_-.jpg
475 KB, 1500x1345
>>335727984
>>
>>335731491
>Favorite Castletroid?
Tomba.
>Favorite Classicvania?
Rusty.
>>
>>335731491
SoTN and the first game.
>>
Portrait of Ruin obv, best OST, best modes (Richter + Maria), best gameplay offering (Swapping at will between a classic Whip Wielder/Soma Clone and Spell Caster)

https://youtu.be/ZAYvOIEDYZg
>>
SotN > CotM > OoE > PoR > AoS > HoD > DoS
>>
I can't play any other igavania after SoTN.
They look like shit and are pretty much the same stuff.
>>
>>335734324
I can never get through SoTN, having played the newer titles first its shit by comparison
>>
>>335732774
This. Shame the last one they made was the best one. They had been steadily getting better and better from AoS. HoD was an unfortunate overreaction to the few minor complaints in CotM but they got back on track with AoS.
>>
When is there going to be another 2D Castlevania? Konami is fucking everything up.

I've played them all, but I'm not sure which my favorite would be. They kind of blend together.
>>
>>335735971
Your best bet is to play rip-offs like Miracle of Almana or Castlevania rom hacks/fan games.
>>
Classicvania - Belmont's Revenge
Metroidvania - AoS
>>
>>335734684
>HoD was an unfortunate overreaction
How so?
>>
>>335736623
shitty boring level design
extremely easy bosses
awful audio quality
worst belmont
>>
File: rondo of blood v3.png (372 KB, 327x1740) Image search: [Google]
rondo of blood v3.png
372 KB, 327x1740
>>335727984
Rondo of Blood.
>>
sotn
>>
Aria of Sorrow and Rondo of Blood/DxC

There was a time was when replaying DxC was my favorite way to kill time
>>
>>335727984

Portrait of Ruin
>>
>>335736773
it was good but it was limited by the shitty GBA capabilities
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.