[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you consider this a real Mario game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg (206 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg
206 KB, 250x353
Why don't you consider this a real Mario game?
>>
I do though. Stop paying attention to the autistic retards saying it doesn't count
>>
I do though. Stop paying attention to the autistic retards saying it doesn't count
>>
I don't though. Start paying attention to the autistic retards saying it doesn't count
>>
I don't know though. I don't Stop paying attention to the autistic retards saying it doesn't count
>>
I don't though. Start paying attention to the autistic retards saying it doesn't count
>>
it doesn't count
>>
I do though. It's the only real 3D Mario game.
>>
I do. I love it.
>>
>>335714780
it doesn't count, stop thinking nintendo will be saved some day, got outside and get a life, just for the record 3d land is shit too
>>
>>335714780
The irony is that this is closer to the kind of 3D Mario game I hoped for. I was one of those kids who got bummed out on 64 midgame but still tried 100% cleared it because it felt "off" compared to World.

Sunshine got the mood down too, but I feel too many of its fans are too quick dismiss its design flaws like Blue Coins and how Mario can't hold his breath for 8 seconds without half his health going in the shitter. Incidentally, I did love how the Boos in that game had a cel-shaded look that was unfortunately never repeated.

Galaxy was somewhat of a fair compromise in that it was part collection/mission based Mario and it really tried to bring some of classic Mario's power-ups back. Fire Mario going by "64 rules" was rather interesting what with its theme music and how getting hit doesn't dissipate Fire powers, making puzzles involving its use. I wouldn't mind seeing other classic power-ups handled that way.

Probably wouldn't mind a traditional 3D Mario since EAD has eased up on keeping the games cheery and eccentric enough and exploration in a Mario game isn't bad and I'm glad that Galaxy 2 pushes for the idea of more courses to keep players invested.

I will say though, that if they do make a 3rd 1-Up Studio Mario game, they need to ditch the flagpole, keep courses less "boxy" and refrain from recycling stages to make hard mode/time attack versions of them. That shit is just padding.
>>
File: Super Mario 3D World HATE.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario 3D World HATE.jpg
509 KB, 1920x1080
>>335714780
Reminds me of a thread that was put up a couple of days ago
>>
>>335716895
kek
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.