[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, my birthday was last week and I got some money which I intend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So, my birthday was last week and I got some money which I intend to spend on Steam games. I want a new-ish one and I've been eyeing Hitman: Hitman, even though episodic content AND always online bullshit are naturally a huge turnoff, but I'm also open to other options. Gib suggestions.

Or just tell me how Hitman is, I'm really in the mood for some contract kills.
>>
Mgsv but only if you arent a fan of series and never played the old ones. Its the only why you ll enjoy it.
>>
Save yourself the money and buy Hitman: Blood Money instead.
>>
>>335705392
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

>>335705438
I've played it to death already.
>>
>>335705392
still butthurt about the story lol

anyway hitman and mgsv are like two halves of a great game. Hitman is good if you want plodding, methodical stealth where the world around you is simulated to feel like some sprawling living thing. MGSV is about arcadey hide in the shadows action shootan which, if you're a fan of shooters, should be your pick
>>
>>335705827
How much shootan are we talking about here?
>>
>>335705392
>>335705648
Don't buy MGSV, it's a generic open world game where every mission consists of:

>run to mission start
>run to the other side of an empty map
>sneak or shoot everyone, both are equally easy and boring after the first few hours (when you are done with experimenting and find a wepaon combo you like)
>extract a person or a thing
>mission complete

And you do that for 50 hours. And they reuse the same camps/locations dozen of times and even literally the same missions.

And yeah, story is also unfinished, but who gives a shit.

Honestly, you are better off with Hitman. At least it presents new location that is actually DESIGNED, not just 5 random houses in the middle of an empty desert. Had way more fun with it with the first two missions, even with all the bullshit around it.
>>
>>335704154
It's good.
>>
>>335704154
You should buy both MGSV and the first Hitman episode. Oh, wait V is still $60. Fuck Jewnami and Fuck Jewenix.
>>
>>335707017
Its like splinter cell had kids with gears of war. Sneaking in foliage, shade or at night makes a noticeable difference and good sneaking gets stuff done faster, but you can usually take out an outpost by just gunning it too.

That said, stealth is still essential in end game fobs
>>
>>335707760
I can't say I really want something like that, I'm really burnt off on Ubisoft padding games now.
>>
>>335708018
It doesn't really play like an ubi game though. There's only a few type of collectables and the core mechanics are much tighter and polished than whatever ubi usually throws out.
>>
>>335708306
There's still a lot of padding from what I understand. I have The Witcher 3 to finish so I don't want more of it for now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.