[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
detail in 3d maps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Are there any 3d games that have a lot of detail and love put into their environments?
Sonic Generations is the only game I can think of right now, are there any other games with this level of detail?
>>
>>335700583
>trying to think of games with areas designed as painstakingly well as SG's
>can't

Fuck, I'm actually having a hard time thinking of any.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1152x720
>>335701475
It's funny though. They spent so much time making all that detail but the player is usually going too fast to fully appreciate it.
>>
>>335700583
>>335701475
SG2 when?
>>
>>335700583
The new Ratchet and Clank tops that REALLY fucking hard. It has almost too much love put into the levels.
>>
Not a real sonic game unless he has blue arms
>>
>>335700583
Is this a joke? There are plenty of games with details in their maps.

I was just playing The Last of Us : Ports Are New Games Edition and there was a ton of details in the maps.
>>
File: lrk28immfc37hlumyoon.jpg (674 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lrk28immfc37hlumyoon.jpg
674 KB, 1280x720
Mario Kart 8
>>
>>335700583
Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie
>>
The Witness has a surreal amount of attention to detail in its environments. If puzzle games and detailed worlds make your pussy wet it's worth going through.
>>
File: mk8-dlc-course-bigblue-overview.jpg (3 MB, 5120x2880) Image search: [Google]
mk8-dlc-course-bigblue-overview.jpg
3 MB, 5120x2880
>>335703594
noice, didn't think of that one
>>
>>335700583
DKCTF. Rare is pretty fucking great when it comes to details.
>>
>>335704996
I mean Retro not Rare.
>>
>>335705085
To be fair, Rare was good at that as well.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.