[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this go down as the worst day in Nintendo history? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: nintendologo.jpg (65 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
nintendologo.jpg
65 KB, 650x366
Will this go down as the worst day in Nintendo history?

They look like they don't know what they're doing anymore.
>>
>>335700558
E3 2008. Wii Music.
>>
>>335700558
I would answer seriously if I felt like you were.

Short answer though: no.
>>
>>335700620

This. Might be the year's low point for them, though.
>>
>>335700640
>2 Total games left for Wii U the rest of the year
>It's April
>Literally nothing at E3 at all besides a playable Wii U Zelda(which Nintendo doesn't want you to buy). Not even any other games that are coming out for Wii U because "lol immersion".

It's a serious question.
>>
>>335700846
Wii U isn't going to sell regardless, you know this. Any profit they'd see can be supplemented through Pokemon which comes out later this year.

And E3 isn't THAT relevant. I doubt they'll be there at all after this year.
>>
If the NX isn't backward compatible Nintendo are completely fucked.

The fact that there seems to be two seperate versions of Zelda U makes it sound like it's not backward compatible.

So how exactly are they going to attract Nintendo fans who have bought the Wii U? I'm probably going to end up keeping my Wii U for another few years before even considering moving to another console.
>>
>>335701181
>two different consoles have two different discs
>this somehow implies the NX isn't backward compatible

I bet you tried playing Wii games on the Gamecube, too.
>>
MARK MY WORDS, they will announce they are closing their doors on hardware and shifting their focus to software develop.ment by the end of the decade
>>
>>335701008
Nintendo needs to learn that you can't just abandon your previous console completely, they did it with the Wii and it's partly what made it so the Wii U got off to a terrible start, people didn't have Nintendo in their minds because they abandoned the Wii a long time before the Wii U was even ready.

Instead of learning from that Nintendo is being even worse with it, having less than a handful of games for nearly an entire year. What reason will people have to move on to the NX when they know Nintendo pulls stuff like this? You need to have consumers believe in your products and your company and Nintendo is not doing that.

Calling it, NX will get off to a slow as fuck start based on consumers not trusting Nintendo anymore.
>>
I thought that a lot of internal projects were shifted to NX a while ago and that the components of the system were supposed to make porting a fairly painless process.

So that they are skipping the holiday season to get more games ready, makes me think that third parties aren't supporting the system and the reason why nothing has leaked is because hardly anyone has kits.
>>
>Release Wii U
>With tablet gimmick that has prevented them from discounting it over the years
>release about 4 games a year for it
>Release New Nintendo 3DS
>release about 1 exclusive + SNES Roms

I genuinely expect them to fuck something up with the NX that makes it DOA
>>
>>335701574
There's no point for a third party to release games on a Nintendo console, the market simply isn't there. I'm sure all of the relevant third parties HAVE devkits, they just aren't making anything for the console because there isn't a point.

If Nintendo wants third parties on their system they need to grow that market themselves first, then the third parties will come.
>>
>>335701783
>they need to grow that market themselves first
I don't think they can do that. Their market gets more and more distilled every generation.
>>
When they said Zelda is going to be the only playable game at E3, it didn't mean that is literally going to be the only game revealed.
>>
So who do we drone for now?
>>
>>335702126
It does, though.
>>
>>335701329
2-4 years sounds more reasonable
>>
>>335702227
So the Zelda reveal in 2014, which wasn't playable... wasn't revealed? What.
>>
>>335701329
>revealing the NX through our new partnership with HTC
>>
>>335702360
Nintendo said that E3 will focus only on Zelda Wii U for max immersion. It will be the only thing they have at E3 this year.
>>
>>335700558
can /v/ not post with exaggerating
>>
>>335701008
>And E3 isn't THAT relevant.

imbeciles keep saying this?
>>
Dear nintendo,

Nobody will judge you for putting Goldeneye and OoT on Steam. Ffs.
>>
>>335700558
It's the best news for Nintendo this year. Wii U owners are getting rightfully shafted, meanwhile the NX steals the Wii U's last game and makes it a launch title. This day is almost to good to be true.
>>
>>335701181
>If the NX isn't backward compatible Nintendo are completely fucked.

Wii U ports, bro.

>So how exactly are they going to attract Nintendo fans who have bought the Wii U?

They don't care. Nintendo wants to win back the majority it lost with the Wii U, than the minority it got from it.
>>
>>335701181
>So how exactly are they going to attract Nintendo fans who have bought the Wii U?
Nintendo fans didn't buy a Wii U. Only Nintendrones did, get your facts straight.
>>
>>335702974
Like yourself huh?
>>
File: 1cDqrR.jpg (972 KB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
1cDqrR.jpg
972 KB, 5616x3744
>>335702974
I am a Nintendrone and i only got it because it was a gift

Otherwise, i wouldn't have bothered
>>
>>335701362
You assume customers will make a big deal about it. Some of us might, but the massive throng of normalfags who buy most games won't even notice. Or care.

They just want to buy games, and any consideration about how long the console is being supported or the size of the library at the console's release never even enter their heads.
>>
>>335703134
I didn't buy a Wii U, so no.
>>
>>335703189
Normies only play on PlayStation or Xbawks

I hardly doubt they will care for new Nintendo console
>>
>>335700726
More like the decade's.
>>
>>335703189
Nintendo's main market right now is enthusiasts. It would do them well if they didn't do things to piss them off.

Your average video game consumer sure as fuck isn't buying a Nintendo console. Children sure as fuck don't want Nintendo console's.
>>
>>335701272
>discs

I'm willing to bet the NX will be disc-free.
>>
>>335700846
>Literally nothing at E3 at all besides a playable Wii U Zelda(which Nintendo doesn't want you to buy). Not even any other games that are coming out for Wii U because "lol immersion".

They never said no new wii U games would be announced at e3
>>
>>335702286
2-4 years is by the end of the decade.
>>
>>335702463
only PLAYABLE thing, they'll still have a conference showcasing what they have coming up, dingus.
>>
>>335703746
No one will reply to you,shitposters have the need to spread lies. The only thing that is true is Zelda U being the only PLAYABLE game there. Still holding hopes for animal crossing U then I can put this system to rest
>>
>>335703416
Counterpoint: Amiibos, Miitomo, those two mobile apps that Nintendo just confirmed they were working on.

They've caught on to the fact that they too can milk the "rich idiot" market, and while they still lean the enthusiast market quite a bit there's still signs that they're preparing to do their part in attracting the lowest common denominator.

After all, "collectible" plastic crap is a well-known magnet for autists willing to spend a ton on them.
>>
File: animal crossing amiibo.jpg (118 KB, 1069x630) Image search: [Google]
animal crossing amiibo.jpg
118 KB, 1069x630
>>335704040
>animal crossing U

But you already got that game :^)
>>
>>335704926
Not gonna lie,this truly does rustle my jimmies. Knowing it was made as an excuse to pump out AC amiibo and seeing Nintendo admit it only deepens the wound. 10/you hurt my feelings shitposter-kun
>>
>>335705454
shitposter-kun? how?
>>
>>335704040
It's going to be nothing but filler shovelware just like last year.
>>
>>335702829
>Wii U ports

Well if Sony can do it then I guess Nintendo can as well
>>
File: Fh6Dnql.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fh6Dnql.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>NX launches 9 months after E3
>Will not be shown at E3

Yup, this is the moment where I think even the most autistic amiibofags will finally realize Nintendo is simply not going to turn things around or learn from their mistakes. Nintendo is going all in on gimmicks, marketing, soul-less nostalgia pandering, and literally any low effort endeavor to make a cheap buck off autistic people with the least effort possible.

Nintendo is a soul-less company and they wont grow out of it.
>>
>>335707058
In other words, they're just like their competition.
>>
Did I miss something?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (136 KB, 971x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
136 KB, 971x1000
>>335700558

fucking drama queens
>>
File: 1408633494636.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1408633494636.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>335700558
Honestly, they should just recall Wii U's for a sizeable discount towards the NX and issue some kind of apology.

I bet this new console's hardware will STILL be weaker than the other 2.
>>
>>335701181
there won't be a zelda U
>>
>>335700846
>2 Total games

TMS#FE and what's the other one? Jesus christ, I can't believe Wii U only has 1 worthwhile game coming out for it haha.
>>
File: smash losers.jpg (340 KB, 1200x885) Image search: [Google]
smash losers.jpg
340 KB, 1200x885
Well at least we'll have a new Smash in 2 years.
>>
>censorship
>region lock
>gimmicks
>delays and droughts
>most games are sub-70 metascores

Literally list any reason why someone would be a nintendo fan in this day and age when sony has the PS4.
>>
>>335701008
>And E3 isn't THAT relevant.

ONLY Nintendrones say this and ONLY them. Stay asspained Nintenyearold.
>>
>>335703343
ONORE!
>>
>>335701329
n-nno sonygger go play hollywud movies

leave the real games to us
>>
>>335707058
>finally realize

Nope. I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy, even got all the amiibo. I've known it was over since the Wii U came out and you could only change the system settings and enter credit card info on the game pad. I knew right then and there that the gimmicks had won.

I just want one more good Mario and Zelda game each. Then I can stop gaming for good.
>>
>>335704040
>animal crossing

Garbage like that is what keeps Nintendo failing.
>>
>>335701329
>going mobile

Well, no one wants to buy a low-spec, gimmick Nintendo phone except the hardcore portion of the Core, so yeah.
>>
>>335700558
Nintendo has been out of touch for a good decade now. You fags are just finally realizing it.
>>
>>335702286
He said end of the decade, not end of the year you fucking retard. Learn how to count, autist.
>>
As someone who want's to see Nintendo getting their shit together, this is a very risky move, showing just one game and not giving details of the new console. They should consider regretting the announcements and not showing up this year.
>>
>>335707118
sonnyggers amirite? Loving those sonibo figures. Just like my amibos

Grow up toddler
>>
>>335708580
At least OUR games aren't movies. Check mate.
>>
>>335709326
>what is Skylanders
>what is Disney Infinity
>>
this means less shit posting from the NintenYearOlds, thank fucking god
>>
>consoles
Kids, move on.

Now.
>>
This just makes Nintendo seem inept. How do you not have any information at all at E3? Only Zelda?

I don't think Iwata would have allowed this to happen, Nintendo showing how they miss him now.
>>
>>335709751
If it were Yamauchi there would be a lot of "car accidents" at Nintendo.
>>
File: 1455048475360.jpg (750 KB, 1055x2349) Image search: [Google]
1455048475360.jpg
750 KB, 1055x2349
>>335709423
>>
>>335708943
>software-only is now mobile-only
>>
>>335709667
>sonyggers
>not the dominant group of shitposters
lol?
>>
Post-Iwata Nintendo is essentially falling into the same problems as post-Steve Jobs Apple.

No real direction on where to take the company, just doubling down on all the dumb stuff they were doing before.
>>
>>335708580
>listing censorship and region locking as the first two

Your sexual fetishes and extreme fanboyism are not representative, dimwit. Nintendo is becoming shit for more important reasons.
>>
>>335710296
And inevitably making money from it anyway because people are all stupid. Thanks for nothing, capitalism.
>>
>>335709423
>Nintendo's games have worse frame rate and picture quality than a movie
Loving every laugh
>>
File: 1365906770828.png (65 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1365906770828.png
65 KB, 691x597
howard lincoln just retired today after mismanaging the mariners for decades

nintedo btfo
>>
>>335701181
They made the WII U bc same with the Wii.
PS4 didn't and longest time the Xbone didn't. Yet they sold. So who the fuck cares if it'll be bc or not. Don't be a poorfag and just buy a Wii U if it's not. For the PS4 hardcore fanboys, having to rebuy ps1-ps3 games on the psn to play them does not count as bc
>>
>>335703416

If that were true, they wouldn't be making all these controversial censorship decisions like they did with Xenoblade X and FEFates. While your average Joe Gamer might not know about the censorship, enthusiasts would, and they'd be the kinds of people who'd care about it.
>>
>>335702660
You can easily emulate them with a good PC, but yeah Goldeneye multiplayer online via Steam would be great.
>>
>>335700558
No. I don't understand what everyone is so angry about.
>>
>>335710650
It's true. Nintendo just doesn't believe that it's true and thinks their main market is children.
>>
>>335710812

Then why did so many people buy FEFates, despite the absurd amounts of changes and censorship?
>>
File: 1461689913510.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1700) Image search: [Google]
1461689913510.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1700
has a console had a shorter lifespan than the wii u?
>>
>>335703416
Kids only want minecraft and ios microtransaction bullshit. They'll actively choose, say, a "king" game or other "free" game over any other title.
>>
>>335710650
Most "light" enthusiasts which make up the majority of that group wouldn't raise an eyebrow either simply because they wouldn't know what the hell the original version's script was like.

The only reason we do is because so many of us are weebs who aren't immediately repulsed by the sight of moonrunes.

Plus, the censoring is more because of how fucked up Western culture (and especially American culture) and its phobia of sexuality is, and that's not something Nintendo can change.
>>
>>335711045
And guess what they're doing now? Mobile apps.

It was an inevitability from the start.
>>
>>335710938
People care less about censorship than /v/ lets on.
>>
>>335711164

The problem with that is that Japan's laws on sexuality and nudity and even violence are a lot more strict than any laws in America. It's why most Japanese games don't have 'nudity' in them, though they can get as close to nudity as they want, like in Senran Kagura and the like. A lot of American games are censored in Japan for their nudity or violence because otherwise CERO just won't let them be sold without a Z rating.

There's nothing that Japan makes, aside from said Z-rated games, that has any reason being censored in America. At best, it'd get a Mature rating here, and many games do. Skimpy outfits, breast sliders, and decent dialogue being replaced with memes shouldn't be an issue, especially in the Internet Age where people can and will find out just how much has been changed.
>>
>>335711298
I guess so. Ah well, I don't own a smartphone and never will so I won't bother with mobileshit, but you are right, most kids I see are playing on smartphones with crappy "games." I have no clue what mobile stuff Ninty has other than Shuffle, Go, and Miitomo.
>>
>>335712062
Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing were just confirmed, and from there it's a short step away for the other franchises to follow suit.
>>
Were people actually expecting Wii U to not be dead this year?
>>
>>335712062
Source? Not doubting you just curious if it's shitty mobile ports or a full titles.
>>
>>335712450
Oops
>>335712264
meant for you
>>335712450
>>
>>335711703
They can find out, yes. But apart from the vocal minority we form a part of, will they even care?

If Fates' high sales are any indication, the answer is "fuck no". If it isn't in their language, it may as well not exist, because very few people are going to learn a new language just to see if a non-localized version is " better".
>>
>>335701329

No, probably not.
>>
>>335712534
Nintendo itself.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160427005604/en/Nintendo-Updates-Mobile-NX-Legend-Zelda-Annual

Oh, and keep on mind the Miitomo thing has already passed the 10 million user mark worldwide. They'd be barking mad if they didn't realize that they're sitting on a gold mine- and we'd be mad if we didn't acknowledge that this is the future of the company now. Even its oldest fans will hate it, but they won't care because they'll be raking in the cash.
>>
Nintendo is fucked, the wii u is an abortion and now this shit.

Iwata is rotting in hell
>>
File: horrible.png (191 KB, 479x326) Image search: [Google]
horrible.png
191 KB, 479x326
>announces the release of their next console really next year
>don't bother to show it at E3
>don't give any dates besides "later this year"

Come the fuck on Nintendo. It's releasing in less than a year and all you'd done is acknowledge its existence.
>>
>>335712351
Anyone who got a Wii U probably got it for games like Bayonetta 2, Splatoon, and/or Smash Bros. I don't think anyone was really expecting anything this year.
>>
File: sad saiyan.png (209 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
sad saiyan.png
209 KB, 530x300
One of the worst, definitely.

Ironically, shareholders are probably overjoyed.
>>
>>335713030
>"while making it more accessible in comparison to the Fire Emblem games for Nintendo’s dedicated gaming systems, Nintendo aims to offer the great value of a role-playing strategy game. Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems. By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment. Both of these are pure game applications. Compared to Miitomo, they have more prominent game elements, and the game content will tie closely into Nintendo’s dedicated games business."
Ah fuck. Well even though I love Nintendo games I guess these are some that I'll never be able to play. Good for them I guess, but it feels somewhat disheartening to never be able to play the next AC or FE game.
>>
>>335713776
>Ironically, shareholders are probably overjoyed.
Oh yeah, whenever you say mobile, those leeches will start cumming for 20 hours straight
>>
>>335710561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiI7msB-bY0
>>
>>335713925
>Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems

So the NX is going to have some sort of phone connectivity? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
>>
Did they reveal something today that pissed people off?
>>
>>335711012
xD
>>
>>335713925
Perhaps there might be others worth playing...eventually. But at the moment it's far too late to do anything but hope that maybe hardcore gamers who don't want more of the same stuff offered by everyone else won't get completely shafted.

You sure as hell won't be able to do anything else, since the free market will make any concerns you have with the direction they're going irrelevant.
>>
>>335714502
Investors meeting earlier.

>NX March 2017
>Zelda U delayed
>Zelda U on both Wii U and NX
>Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are getting mobile games
>more focus on DLC
>>
>>335713307
The Wii U may be an abortion but at least it was a happy abortion
>>
>>335714619
And
>no NX at E3
>Zelda is the only playable game at E3 and the conference will mainly focus on it
>>
>>335714619
>>335714731
Well that is quite unfortunate.
Oh well, at least Retro should be making another DKC game, so I'll look forward to that.
>>
>>335714619
And the sad thing?

The investors almost certainly believe that this is a great idea. They don't care if Nintendo turns into a pathetic shell of its old self as long as they profit from it all. Thanks, capitalism!
>>
File: yourhobbydieswithyou4.jpg (2 MB, 2879x2752) Image search: [Google]
yourhobbydieswithyou4.jpg
2 MB, 2879x2752
>>335714619
>>more focus on DLC
Fire Emblem 'now built for DLC moreso than any other game before!'
>>
>>335714836
You should've kept the old ways profitable if you wanted them to remain. Should've bought 200 Wii Us and 300 copies of Super Mario 3D World
>>
>>335714432
Eh, some people will probably like it. I will never own a phone so I don't like it, and /v/ will have a seizure and cry amiibo 2.0
>>335714524
Yeah. I guess I'll just ignore the mobileshit and stick to my 3DS, there's plenty of life left in the little guy and I'm sure as hell going to make the most of it.
>>
>>335714956
Bah, that still wouldn't even come close to the wonderful world of mobile games and the idiots willing to sell all they own for microtransactions. Plus, everyone and their dog in the industry has latched onto mobile shit as the next big thing. I wouldn't be overly surprised if Sony or Microsoft don't follow suit (assuming they don't just make their own phones). Why couldn't phone gaming have died with the N-Gage?

>>335715027
Not that much life, mind you. The new releases for it are visibly slowing down, and it's a matter of time until they're all just shovelware. So enjoy it while you can, because I've found out that there's a limit to how many times you can replay a game before becoming absolutely sick of it.
>>
>>335715691
Ngage at least had buttons so it would've been better had it survived and infected current phone gaming with the Button Mentality
>>
>>335707118
>Nintendo is going all in on gimmicks
I don't see Sony using any forced gimmicks on their consoles.
>marketing
Eery company in history does this.
>soul-less nostalgia pandering
Again, I don't see Sony trying this.
>literally any low effort endeavor to make a cheap buck off autistic people with the least effort possible.
I don't see Sony releasing something like "Uncharted: Soniibo Festival" either.

Fuck off Nintendrone.
>>
File: DS2RB art.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
DS2RB art.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1200
>>335715691
>not that much life
Eh, for me there plenty of new stuff to play since I'm poor and don't own that many games (since I play to at least 95% completion before buying a new one to avoid overspending). Just got a first run copy of DS2RB and am planning on playing that soon.
>>
>>335715927
>Again, I don't see Sony trying this.
Remasters
>>
>>335714836
Nintendo would not exist, or at best would be a toy company without capitlism faggot.

>pic related, pinnacle of communist gaming,t trying to ripoff capitalist tech.
>>
>>335715927
>forgetting Skylanders again

Given that it's what started the whole plastic crap phase we're in, it ought to be worth a mention.
>>
>>335716259
That's not really Sony though, is it?
>>
Know what's 'naners? When the Wii U is buried and forgotten the PS3 will still be getting new games.
>>
>>335700620

That was just embarassing, but it was at a high point for them in the Wii's life cycle.

This is just all around terrible.
>>
>>335714619
>Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are getting mobile games
Fucking why Nintendo, remember when you would never make an "app?"
>>
>>335716360
Yeah.

That was when mobile gaming in general was considered a joke. Times sure change, huh?
>>
>>335716259
Skylanders isn't Sony, you fucking NinTenYearOld.
>>
>>335716496
>That was when mobile gaming in general was considered a joke
It still is.
>>
>>335716545
Now it's The Killing Joke
>>
>bloodborne confirmed for the best game in the series
>wii u is selling less than the vita
>nintendo is focusing on children's toys and phone games
>pc gaming is just indieshit kikestarters and assfaggots
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>335716545
A multi million dollar joke huh? We're only allowed to make money where you think it's ok, right?
>>
>>335716545
Not by the investors. They are absolutely convinced it is the way of the future, and guess who has more influence over the industry?

Hint: it isn't you.
>>
>>335716640
(you)
>>
File: 1459589445579.png (649 KB, 813x679) Image search: [Google]
1459589445579.png
649 KB, 813x679
Don't you just love how desperate Nintendo is? Just a couple of years ago they were vehemently opposed to mobile games and now they're putting fucking Fire Emblem on app stores soon. It's hilarious.
>>
>>335716545
Not him, but it's only a joke to people who play actual games. Some people (a.k.a. the "lol super nerdy lmao im so cool i play candy crush" people) think that it's the only way to go and actual games are somehow inferior. Also, the people selling the games love mobileshit.
>>
>>335716530
So why should I get a PS4 over a PC when virtually all of its best games are multiplats? It's still competing with its own predecessor, for fuck's sake.

Again.
>>
>>335716821
(you)
>>
>>335716821
It's not desperation, it's how businesses work. They only hold onto principles when it's convenient to do so, then drop them the second they outlive their usefulness.

Every corporation that doesn't want to go bankrupt does that. It may as well be a rite of passage.
>>
>>335714836
You do realize that profit is all investors care about, right? They don't care if they start selling shit in a bag as long as it makes them money.
>>
>>335700846
they sould have released zelda for the wii u first, and a year later for NX as a stuid lable like "HD remaster" or something. We know it works
>>
>>335716950
>So why should I get a PS4 over a PC when virtually all of its best games are multiplats?
You already have a PC. If you want Japanese games and Sony first party you'll get a PS4. If you don't then keep on keepin on with PC
>>
File: 1461178072867.jpg (157 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1461178072867.jpg
157 KB, 920x900
>>335715927
>>
>>335700558

Getting nearly tripled in sales by a dime a dozen one piece game when SF0 I'd supposed to be a mega advertised killer app by Platinum whose CEO curiously resigns the day of it's release looks pretty dire. I'd say this will definitely be Nintendos last console, I just don't see where they can go from here similar to what happened with Sega and the Dream cast
>>
>>335701181
if the leaks/rumors are correct, then the NX will have posrts of the muts-have nintendo games, like smash and splatoon. There is literally no need for backwards compatibility or to buy a wii u anymore
>>
File: losers.png (52 KB, 2000x493) Image search: [Google]
losers.png
52 KB, 2000x493
>Nintendo has steadily going downhill since the introduction of the Wii
>Nintendo fans refuse to acknowledge this in any sense or form
>Constantly get shit out
>Deflect to attacking Sony in any instance when it's pointed out Nintendo has shitty practices for consumers

It's time to stop sucking Nintendo's dick. This is literally the only place on the Internet where Nintendo gets praised for making stupid-as-fuck consumer policies that rape their customers in the ass.

Any time Nintendo does something they promised they wouldn't that is detrimental to gaming as a whole it's lavished with
>It's alright when Nintendo does it!
In full like they can literally do no wrong.

The Wii U was a shit console that pandered to a consumer base that had no interest in shitty gimmicks past the Wii. In pandered to a base that is happy with their Wiis and doesn't like video games.

Any retard from a mile away could see this was going to happen. It's your fault for buying into the meme.
>>
>>335717123
Exactly, which means we can say goodbye to any vestige of traditional video games any time now, because even with their current successes Microsoft and Sony are going to want a piece of the mobile pie soon.

>>335717206
What if none of the PC games released in the last few years appeal to you either? I swear, modern PC gaming seems to be divided evenly between multiplats, MOBAs, and indieshit now, and I couldn't care less about any of those.
>>
>>335701329

In other words, one day they'll announce that they're going third party, maybe. What a fucking psychic you are.
>>
>335717386
No (you) for you.
>>
>>335717386
Is this bizarro /v/ you're talking about? Because Nintendo is attacked just as often as everyone else here.
>>
File: S01E19a- crazy laugh.png (260 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
S01E19a- crazy laugh.png
260 KB, 400x300
>>335716762
>>335716970
Buttmad asspained Nintoddler.
>>
>>335716496
they did?
>>335716885
>>335716642
>>335716723
The thing is though, none of mobile casual crowd is gonna give a shit about Nintendo IP. They aren't all huge fire emblem or even animal crossing fans, people who would play these games are the same people who would buy a Nintendo handheld, and a Nintendo controlled environment is more lucrative.
see the thing is mobile IS profitable as fuck. But people who play on mobile basically just play variables of the same five or so games.
Theres the
>Candycrush/Bejeweled forumla
>Templerun/Pepsiman Formula
>Flappybird/helicopter Formula
>Angry birds Formula
>the I totally forgot the fifth one formula

Anyway any of these five games are essentially easy as fuck to make, as a result the market is swamped, and it's basically pure RNG or already being an established player for your game to take off. Nintendo will never reach this level of success, they are to late and it's just a giant gamble. They would be better off locking games off to 3ds. Maybe try a Picross app though, it would have a better chance of success than say fire emblem or Animal crossing.
>>
>>335717287
I don't even own a PS4. Try again, toddler.
>>
>all this over-reacting
tippy toppy kekky
nobody even knows jack shit and it's doom and gloom already?
talk about fearing the unknown
>>
File: 1461507981556.png (48 KB, 226x270) Image search: [Google]
1461507981556.png
48 KB, 226x270
>>335717684
> Nintoddler
>>
>>335717386
Many of us who were Nintendo fans have already moved on. We just aren't going up in arms about it. We know they're basically already dead and there's nothing that can be done about it.
>>
>>335717842
10 million unique users worldwide on Miitomo says otherwise. And that's just a shittier Facebook clone.
>>
>>335707118

This. Honestly Japanese corporate thinking, being slow and stubborn to adapt and just an inability to correctly read the market is pretty endemic within their media culture not just Nintendo. People just react to whatever is in front of them so while it might be Konami yesterday it's Nintendo screwing the pooch today and so it's only them apparently. It could easily be Capcom, Square Enix or Sony tomorrow. In any case I wouldn't be investing in the Japanese game market right now.
>>
File: 1460588579199.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460588579199.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>335717386
>This is literally the only place on the Internet where Nintendo gets praised for making stupid-as-fuck consumer policies that rape their customers in the ass.
Where the fuck have you been for the past day? Literally 95% of the Nintendo threads today have been attacking them for their plans and the other 5% has been shitposters falseflagging and defending them

Also posts like >>335715927 are why they always "deflect" to Sony
>>
File: axiomverge.jpg (221 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
axiomverge.jpg
221 KB, 1280x720
>>335717510
If you comb indieshit you can find some decent games though. As long as you're not opposed to playing games that look like they were made in 1985-1995, which I'm certainly not.
>>
>>335700558
>They look like they don't know what they're doing anymore.

Does anyone look like they know what they're doing?
>>
>>335717926
Could have fooled me
>>
>>335717929
It's known now that the Wii U is dead and no new games are planned for it. That is kind of upsetting to people who, you know, own a Wii U
>>
>>335710296

So pretty much like every major Japanese media company
>>
>>335717386
>Nintendo has steadily going downhill since the introduction of the Wii
business side? sure
But Wii U is way the fuck uphill from Wii quality wise, games actually look nice without using a third party emulator, the controls are much better the gimmick is more practical etc.
>Deflect to attacking Sony in any instance when it's pointed out Nintendo has shitty practices for consumers
What shitty practiceses does Nintendo have, in particular ones that not literally everyone else adopted first.
>The Wii U was a shit console that pandered to a consumer base that had no interest in shitty gimmicks past the Wii. In pandered to a base that is happy with their Wiis and doesn't like video games.
Literally what the fuck. It hardly had gimmicks, just the second screen that was optional and actually useful on occasion. And you are fucking delusional to think it pandered to casuals or moms or whatever the fuck you think "doesn't like video games." This isn't an Xbox "oh it also plays games I guess" One.

You sound like a very delusional, elitist sonnynigger
And elitism in console kiddies is always hilarious.
>>
>>335715927

>soulless nostalgia pandering

That's basically what the PS4 was. 4theplayers was literally that, PS1 and PS2 nostalgia. And it worked, especially on /v/. People bought it, hook line and sinker. Many people are still remembering those glory years fondly, before the age of shit like paid online. Similar to when the N64 came out. About 30 million people bought into it, remembering those glory years.
>>
>>335718218

How was Axiom Verge? Thinking of getting it
>>
>>335718141
They're already abandoning the game market for- you guessed it- mobile gaming.

>>335718218
I'll be blunt when I say modern graphics have spoiled me, and having to constantly fight off the thought "why didn't they give this better graphics, they had the money for it" does not make for a good gaming experience. If you can do so, more power to you, but in my case I'd be better off just firing up an emulator or something.

The fact that nearly all indieshit either tries to copy classics that don't need copying or go all preachy doesn't help my impression of them. For the supposedly creative people in vidya, they sure do love reinventing the wheel unnecessarily.

Is there still hope for me or should I consider getting hobbies made by people who aren't completely out of touch with the consumer?
>>
>>335718309
So? Did you expect the Wii U to last forever? It's been out since 2012.
Also Zelda is planned for it, which is coming out in 2017.
>>
>>335718725
IMO, very good. Copies the Metroid mold but breaks it in the items it gives you. No morph ball or space jump or the like but items that accomplish a similar goal in a different way. Feels like a game between Metroid 1 and Super Metroid in design. Not as easy as SM but not as unrefined as Metroid 1.
>>
>>335718762
They expected at least some new, unannounced games in 2016
>>
>>335718212
>BUT TODAY
I'm speaking long term, you nignog.

Over the past 6 years this place has been littered with Nintendo die-hards who can only praise the company, even when they've made some painfully stupid decisions that cannot be made positive for consumers no matter how hard you try.
>>
I like the Wii U.

I have no idea why Nintendo is stopping to support it.

The only issue with it is the lack of recent support.

I miss Iwata.
>>
>>335718747
this.
I'll play an old game that's a classic and understand it's just the times, it won't even make or break a game. Like Jurassic park is 100x better than Jurassic world even though the difference in Special effects is night and day. But it would be retarded for the 2015 movie to use the old special effects to be "cool and hip."
>>
>>335719073
Why? The original Xbox had jackshit when the 360 was around the corner.
A Zelda game coming the same year if not the same date as a new console release on an old platform is much more than Microsoft did for the OG Xbox. That didn't harm the 360 at all.
This doom and gloom shit is a load of bollocks.
>>
>>335719149
>I have no idea why Nintendo is stopping to support it.
Marketing clusterfuck, horrible naming scheme.
I honestly hope NX is just a beefed up WiiU, witha more functional OS. Gamepad included.
>>
>>335719439
I want my investments to last with the Wii U. I give less of a shit about how amazing and great the games look on a Wii U+ because I have a PC.

Apparently to make up for the 8 year generation of last gen we're now going into 3 year generations of "please buy our new shit for $600."
>>
Say what you want.
But Nintendo is the only company that still delivers the console experience.
PS4 and Xbone just feel like you are PC gaming on a toaster with shitty Mouse and Keyboard support.
>>
>>335719675
Nintendo consoles are really cheap anyway so it's not even a big deal.
>>
>>335719141
So was he.

Were you not here for roughly the last 9 years?
>>
File: kek.jpg (8 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
8 KB, 235x214
>>335718520
>Wii U way the fuck uphill from the Wii quality wise
Except to do so they've only released about 5 or 6 really quality games. The Wii was coated in shovelware but at least it had a sizable library to speak of.

>What shitty practices does Nintendo have, that other people haven't done first
This is it. This is literally what I'm talking about. This is the "It's alright if Nintendo does it" mentality.

Just because other companies have adopted it does not mean it gives one a free pass to start doing it to, you autist. For years on here Nintendo was praised as the "savior of gaming" and the second the follow the trail of shitty business practices that other companys have done it literally becomes
>BUT IT'S FINE BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE DID IT FIRST, SO IT'S OKAY IF NINTENDO DOES IT

>It hardly had gimmicks
Now I know you're just baiting. Nobody can be this delusional, you sound like a buttmad Nintenfaggot.

The Wii U's main fucking controller was a gimmick. Go look at the E3 2011 and 2012 videos for the Wii U, the demonstrations for it literally tout the GamePad as the most important feature, as it had a second screen, when it was literally just another fucking gimmick.

The only reason it became less gimmicky as time went on was because developers and even Nintendo themselves couldn't find good uses for it, other than a place to stick information you didn't want on your television.

It was always a gimmick, and a gimmick that was implemented so retardedly that when you remove the Wii U essentially becomes a first-party machine that can barely do 720p on majority of games.

I don't own a single Sony console but I own the 3DS and a Wii U and you are literally fucking autistic if you think the Wii U wasn't a piece of shit. These posts are what I'm talking about. Fuck off.
>>
>>335718747
The thing is, with regards to just firing up an emulator, sometimes there are no analogous old games to what one wants to play that one hasn't already played. For games that are like Metroid beyond the Metroid series itself, really, there's hardly anything else on NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Genesis, and Master system that are really close to feeling the same. A lot of the clones only started coming with indie games. And most Metroidvanias don't scratch the exact same itch. SotN feels very different than Metroid for example. Whereas something like Axiom Verge does feel closer to a Metroid game.

I would definitely consider either delving deep into backlog land as well as picking up a few other concurrent hobbies. If you pay too much attention to video games all the negativity in the industry will really trouble you. If you only pay attention to it peripherally and play a lot of older games and the occasional new title that does seem to interest you it won't be as bad.
>>
>>335719797
I don't WANT to buy an NX though, and if Nintendo keeps going down this dumbass mobile route I probably won't.

The Wii U was fine for me, with a lot of nice games for me and my friends to play.

Instead it's just "gotta compete with Sony and Xbone and their single exclusives somehow."
>>
>>335719838
Were you?

Nintendo has always been the most defended company on either, even if we're talking about how rabidly Sonyggers defend Sony.

This place has always been a Nintendo hugbox. The only reason that has become less of a reality lately is because Nintendo has become full-blown shit.
>>
With Yoshida in no PS5 mode, and MS going full Windows 10, Nintendo is gonna be the only gaming platform left. They literally rode the wave while Sony and MS killed themselves.
>>
>>335718747
it's become impossible for me to browse company threads on /v/ without reading the phrase "company x is out of touch". It shows up like clockwork everytime.

What the hell happened?
>>
>>335720059
That's all well and good for you but the Wii U isn't successful so it isn't going to get the support you want.
Nintendo ain't a charity, they're not going to cling to a flop just because a small niche is enjoying it.
>>
>>335720186
DESU if there is no PS5 and they just keep upgrading the PS4 and let me play new games on lower than low settings for 15 years it might be okay. I don't want to have to keep paying for new consoles all the time.
>>
>>335720060
Yes, and it's received no small amount of flak for just about everything you can imagine and then some.

I can still recall all the shitposting about the Wii's name when it was first introduced as if it was yesterday, and of course all the Skyward Sword threads pointing out how the game treated you like an idiot, as well as all the smashfags being pissed Brawl wasn't Melee 2.0, and probably more I long since lost track of. For every one "defense" thread, there's three attack threads that either fall off the board or get pruned when a janitor gets riled up. And that's just a modest estimate.

>>335720223
The companies listen to investors over consumers, and none of them have even touched a game. They just want the money.
>>
>>335720310
You know what would have made it successful?

Games.

At this rate I really don't think NX is going to be successful just because it's exactly like a PS4 with smartphone support or whatever.
>>
>>335700558
>Will this go down as the worst day in Nintendo history?

Are you really challenging a multi-billion dollar video game company that they will not deliver? You're out of your fucking mind. If you really think Nintendo is not going to deliver good content for their Wii U and 3DS customers then you're a downright mindless drone who doesn't even know what they're talking about.

Wii U is going to shatter sales, trust me. I guarantee you everyone including your mother is going to purchase the NX and it will be more powerful than al of the consoles combined. They're generating something big at Nintendo and you mindless drones don't even know what they're talking about.
>>
They should make it so NX can play 3DS games
>>
File: 1456037876116.jpg (34 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1456037876116.jpg
34 KB, 540x390
>>335720712
>Wii U is going to shatter sales, trust me.
wut
>>
File: 1450733595032.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1450733595032.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>335708580
indeed so Imma drone for Sony until Zelda NX releases
>>
>>335707493
Virtual Boy wasn't trying to replace the SNES though... The SNES was great, and this was a side project.
>>
>>335719839
>Except to do so they've only released about 5 or 6 really quality games
So it won the generation already? and it's still tapping out...
>The Wii was coated in shovelware but at least it had a sizable library to speak of.
Not really, when you take out the bulk of waggle mote shit it's under 10 good games to be honest, and they are only good in dolphin...
>Just because other companies have adopted it does not mean it gives one a free pass to start doing it to, you autist. For years on here Nintendo was praised as the "savior of gaming" and the second the follow the trail of shitty business practices that other companys have done it literally becomes
First of all, you still didn't name a practice. Second of all, yeah it's still shitty but comparatively they are still better, DLC for example. Literally everyone else did it first, then when Nintendo reluctantly joined the party it was hardly EA tier. It's like a few maps in Fire emblem that are no big deal, and Smash characters which are admittedly annoying. So yeah DLC is shit. But Nintendo is one of the least offenders, I bet less people would be defending Nintendo if they did this on GC When nobody else was doing it, Now it's a lesser of evils.

also most of the "its okay when nintendo does it" sentiment comes out of Nintendo consoles not being most peoples primary gaming sources. so Because you play Wii U as fun on the side, or with friends, your outlook is different then it would be on a platform you play for almost everything and invest serious coin into, like the much more expensive consoles or a PC.
1/2
>>
File: 1454447793436.gif (1 MB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1454447793436.gif
1 MB, 500x208
PS4 / PSneo kills
Xbone / Sales kill
Wii U / Sales kill
Nintendo / mobile kills
Microsoft / Windows 10 kills
Sony / ??? kills

Video games are kill. All you need is kill.
>>
>>335719839

>The Wii U's main fucking controller was a gimmick.
I get it, you don't like it. So what? it's not a fucking waggle mote that made every game waggle to win. It definitely added to the experience, I only wish you could of had two. Having a screen the other player can't see for shit like madden would be cool. It also had the best controller nintendo ever made as the other controller if you don't want it.
Besides what do sony or Microsoft have to compete? I'll take a second screen "gimmick" as a selling point over just being a computer that would have been decent in 2010

>The only reason it became less gimmicky as time went on was because developers and even Nintendo themselves couldn't find good uses for it, other than a place to stick information you didn't want on your television.
Okay so they found a good use for it that wasn't intrusive or game ruining?

>It was always a gimmick, and a gimmick
Consoles are gimmics, fun is gimmicks, everything is a gimmick, gimmick gimmick gimmick.

>the Wii U essentially becomes a first-party machine that can barely do 720p on majority of games.
But that's all consoles ever were.
And Nintendo has the best first party shit, hell they survive solely off of it. Graphics honestly look better than ps4 or xbone. Simply because they know they are a console and target a cartoony look that works on the hardware. the other two shitboxes just try and do "realistic" games at a whoping 792p (way better) and 30fps and it looks barf enducing. Nintendo never tried for that type of game in the first place.
>I don't own a single Sony console but I own the 3DS and a Wii U and you are literally fucking autistic if you think the Wii U wasn't a piece of shit.
>Your literally autistic if you don't like what I don't like.....
Oh anon.....
>>
With all the shit going on in modern gaming, I looked to a savior, a company I could trust. I knew I couldn't trust Nintendo with their censorship, amiibo scams and region locking shit, or MS who tried to destroy physical games and make everything cloud based, and now I know I can't trust Sony due to them scamming people with the PS4 when they have an upgrade waiting 3 years after launch. And of course Steam has always been a scam since it's all DRM protected because they own the rights to "your" games.

But in the wake of this I know who to trust, who actually has my best interests at heart. But you'll have to let me explain because it sounds deranged. Denuvo. Because they don't want me to buy a new console a year or two after I buy a PS4 and "keep gaming" or to buy cloud connected game to "keep gaming" or to buy amiibos so I can unlock on disc DLC and "keep gaming" with compromised, censored games.

No, Denuvo just doesn't want me to play games at all. Because when Denuvo is on a game--I can't play it, full stop. Since Steam is not an option, a game using Denuvo merely means I won't be able to play that game. They don't ask anything more. There's no lower quality compromise like an old PS4 or a 360 arcade. There's no scam they're running. They want me to go outside, to be free, to frolic in the hinterlands. They whisper in my ear "go read a book," or "go watch anime," they whisper to me of the joy that can be had outside the gaming madhouse. And when all PC games use Denuvo, that will be the day I am truly free. I'm not kidding. This is how bad it has gotten. The only salvation is an end to video games.
>>
>>335720670
You and I must be on at different times then, because the only few times that people have been giving Nintendo any reasonable amount of "flak" for shitty positions only really started in 2014, after their E3 presentation was garbage and so many people STILL insisted that Nintendo was the winner at the end of the day and that they could do no wrong.

Before that, they've received only a small number of threads that comment about how move A or B was stupid, such as Brawl as you mentioned.

But beside that, they've received far more praise than any other company on this board and always have been. Even in any Nintendo criticism thread there's always a severe line-up of people willing to defend them at any cost. Sony is the same way on here, but nowhere near the same margins.
>>
>>335701008

even if E3 isn't relevant the TV conference is. If nintendo doesn't have much to show there beyond a few minutes of zelda u then people are going to be turned off if zelda u isn't mind blowingly amazing. This is especially true when apparently we're getting a PS 4.5 by next christmas
>>
>>335720705
No it wouldn't, it would still be called the Wii U and normies wouldn't know it isn't a Wii upgrade, people still wouldn't have changed their mind on the gamepad and hardware, and ultimately, it still wouldn't have the 3rd party support to fill out the library with games anyway.
It'd just have a few more first party titles that no one would buy.
>>
>>335703189

normalfags have phones now, and normie parents who bought the wii u are already mad that they have to buy another console
>>
>>335700558
I don't care anymore. I just can't muster any interest in Nintendo anymore. 2 fucking gens of garbage. A goddamn decade. I'm done. Nintendo can soar or drown, I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>335721360
No one wants PS4.5 except people who don't already have a PS4
>>
>>335719950
Yes, but the clones all feel so lifeless and hollow for some reason. Like they just can't capture the spirit of the original and only end up producing a half-assed imitation. And ultimately, I don't WANT to play a clone, I want to play something genuinely new that still has the best aspects of older games. And without looking like an older game in the process; it feels like laziness to me when anything other than objective constraint keeps the graphics from being the equal of what's available in most games today.

I've never had any other hobbies for as long as I can remember (and haven't had any success bullshitting myself into liking any of the ones I've tried), and my backlog is nearly nonexistent. Maybe it sounds like I have too much free time, but I have literally played every game I have an interest in playing right now. Doesn't help that I can barely describe what it is I even want, so I can hardly ask for recommendations without someone here being a mind reader.
>>
>>335710745

>what is GoldenEye source
>>
>>335721250
>Your literally autistic if you don't like what I don't like.....
* You are literally autistic if you like what I don't like
>>335720059
>if Nintendo keeps going down this dumbass mobile route I probably won't.
I'm with you here, But I think new hardware can help combat this. If they can reach closer level of hardware they can get more third party multiplat shit, which while you and I probably don't care about, will help their console business recover, and optimistically move them away from mobile. I mean shit, sony makes phones, and Microsoft literally owns a "major" mobile OS, neither of them feel the need to do the mobile cancer.
I can't see how a new home console would move Nintendo MORE towards moblie and further from what you like on WiiU
>>
>>335721320
>because it sounds deranged
It sure does, buddy.
>>
>>335717371
But everybdy who bought a WiiU gets fucked in the ass big time.
>>
>>335702660
THey literally can't with goldeneye cause it's such a licensing clusterfuck, between nintendo, rare (owned by M$) and the movie studio.
Also Virtual Console makes it so they never will with OoT. Besides unless they "HDified" it, you are better off just emulating.
>>
File: 1445503611938.jpg (69 KB, 579x960) Image search: [Google]
1445503611938.jpg
69 KB, 579x960
>>335717645
>Is this bizarro /v/ you're talking about? Because Nintendo is attacked just as often as everyone else here.
>>
>>335701181
>The fact that there seems to be two seperate versions of Zelda U makes it sound like it's not backward compatible.
Twilight Princess on BOTH GC and Wii!?
Wii confirmed not backwards compatible.
The wiiU release is just because they promised, mostly developed it already and WiiU needs a zelda.

IT WILL be backwards compatible, if anything solely because of WiiUs short life cycle, it will be an easier sell.
>>
>>335721742
Because the Wii U was fine and it made money, it just didn't make PS4 numbers of money.

Not like I expect much from consumers anyways. PS4 sold without games at launch and now even they're asking you to buy another console again. And The Division sold on hype alone.

My thoughts on NX is that NX won't sell just on hardware alone if Nintendo keeps pushing family-friendly.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>335721169
>So it won the generation already
>For having less quality games than its competitors

Yeah, nah. Nice opinion there bro.

>Not really.
Still more than the Wii U can speak of, and it has a lot more average to good games than ones brimming with quality. The Wii U's games are either games that are good or ones that are garbage. There is no in-between and the games that are good are pathetically small in number.

>Blah blah Nintendo is shitting in my mouth the least, therefore they're good for it.

No it isn't, and this is where the Nintendo apologist attitude comes from. It started with 3DS games but even before that we heard over and over again that Nintendo was better because they were "above" DLC and that they would never implement it.

Lo and behold, less than a year or so later and Nintendo is doing the same thing, overcharging for content that should have literally been there from the beginning.

No amount of "but it's not as bad" can save the fact that Nintendo is just as bad as the other gaming companies when it comes to it. Nintendo is not a lesser of evils, and it never has been. It was just a little late to the party and now it's just as bad as the rest.

I mean really, they do shit that other companies don't even do anymore, such as region locking.
Besides that, are you fucking kidding me with DLC? They're one of the worst when it comes to it.

>Amiibos out the ass and REQUIRED FOR SOME GAMES
>Pay-to-Win characters in Sm4sh
>One third of the game locked away in MP10
>10+ characters and a shit ton of maps locked away in MK8
>FE DLC out the ass

No amount of you saying
>B-but it's better when they do it!
changes any of that. They're just as bad as everyone else. Nintendo has never been anywhere above anyone else.
>>
>>335721169
>I get it, you don't like it.
No anon, just because you liked it doesn't mean it was a gimmick. It was advertised that way during the tablet craze of 2011-2012 and they wanted to market off that. It failed miserably.

Are there some games where it was good? Sure, some come to mine. But for the most part it was an awful gimmick that nobody could find a real good way to make a use out of.

>Okay, so they found a good use for it?

An acceptable use of one of the biggest parts of the selling points of the system is not a "good use for it" by any stretch of the imagination.

You don't even realize how much more they could have put into the Wii U power wise and capability wise had they not shoved the tablet in. It was a waste of space and no amount of
>But it was good in this one game!
changes that.

Your delusion is striking. Not just because you refuse to come to terms with the fact that the Wii U was an awful console marketed on a stupid idea, but because you somehow, deep down, truly believe that Nintendo is somehow "better" than everyone else, despite the fact they've literally been doing the same thing for years now.

Suck it up. Your beloved company is no better than the rest.
>>
>>335721697
Well it is getting far more difficult to play something that is genuinely new now because there's no leap from 2D to 3D or the like beyond maybe VR, but that is prohibitively expensive right now. A lot of that stuff looks really uninspired and janky anyway.

If clones aren't for you almost all you can do is search release lists looking for something that fits your definition of new and innovative that still synthesizes the best aspects of older games.

And with many indie games there is an objective constraint keeping the graphics down and that is team size and money. Even for some of the average or bad looking AA Japanese titles that come out now they have more budget and more members compared to indies but still nowhere near the high end levels of AAA titles.
>>
>>335721326
Maybe we were on at different times, but I always had the impression that there was just as much criticism of them as anyone else, or at least legitimate criticism. Shitposting of course was different depending on who was doing what at the time. As for defense, quite a bit of what I saw pertained mostly to older Nintendo stuff since this was before /vr/ was a thing.

And to be fair, nobody made any real criticisms about Nintendo's dick moves simply because they were small and subtle at the time and so went overlooked in favor of more obvious targets (e.g. PS3 NO GAEMS, XBOX HUEG, etc.). Naturally, times changed and so those dick moves can't be missed as easily as they were then.
>>
>>335722313
>Because the Wii U was fine and it made money,
HAHAHAHAHAHA
no.

>My thoughts on NX is that NX won't sell just on hardware alone if Nintendo keeps pushing family-friendly.
Agreed, they need to fix their marketing and branding.
Maybe not censoring every fucking western release would help with that?
(probably not)
>>
>>335711012
xbox hueg actually had a really short lifespan. the 3fixme came out in 2005, while the hueg came out right at the ass end of 2001, making it last only 4 years almost on the dot, which is bullshit for a console that cost 400 bucks accounting for inflation since then.

based microsoft back at it again with the shitty anti-consumer practices

efg get
>>
>>335718218

>says good indie games
>posts Axiom Verge

Are you rusing me?
>>
>>335722378
MK normally has 32 tracks, this one just had 4 extra cups to normal, roster was shit, and all those re-skins didn't save it.
>>
>>335722378
>For having less quality games than its competitors
What you said it had six!?
I can honestly count way more, but I have a list of ps4 games worth giving a shit about for when I get one, its up to 6 right now, and ones not even confirmed NA yet. XBone is at literally 0.
>Blah blah Nintendo is shitting in my mouth the least, therefore they're good for it.
Yes, exactly welcome to the real fucking world anon, companies are there to make money. If you are running a campaign against stalin you position yourself slightly right of him to win the election. Soak up every vote right of communism.
Same with DLC, as long as you are the least terrible offender you get brownie points.
>. Nintendo is not a lesser of evils, and it never has been. It was just a little late to the party and now it's just as bad as the rest.
AHAHA no. Again like one game with noticeable microtransactions.
and it's full characters at least in smash.

>You don't even realize how much more they could have put into the Wii U power wise and capability wise had they not shoved the tablet in. It was a waste of space and no amount of
THATS WHAT FUCKING PCs are for anon. That's why I like nintendo and hade PS4 and xbone, in the grand scheme of things all three are complete shit power wise, nobody past dudebro casual gamers give a fuck, If I want power I play PC. I'd rather it do something I can't already do better on a PC, even if some skeptical anon on /v/ thinks its a gimmick.
>>
>>335722735
>says bad indie games
>posts Axiom Verge

Are you rusing me?
>>
>>335723194
You can't play Nintendo current gen on PC. He wants Nintendo current gen games to look better. It's only natural. The tablet is worthless.
>>
>>335723368

It had the shit level design, some of the most boring and impotent weapons that felt like broken water guns, and had absolutely 0 penalty for death.

Also a fucking self insert nerd with a fucking cringe as shit story.
>>
>>335722527
I would, but I've been disappointed there time after time to the point that I have to wonder if what I'm even looking for can exist at all. If it does, it's hidden very well under who knows how many other titles that simply hold no appeal to me, and I can't just keep searching constantly until I somehow get lucky enough to find it.

I know most Nintendo titles and a handful of other games have had that indescribable thing that makes them appealing to me, but it's showing up much less frequently nowadays. At times I wonder it it's not just me growing old and no longer being able to get the same pleasure out of them like I used to.

I'm tempted to try and make it myself, but between a total ignorance of how to make even a simple Flash game and not being entirely sure what the fuck it is I want out of a game in the first place, even that doesn't seem likely to work out.

I get the team size and money thing, but now nearly all indie games.I've seen look like they should have been made in the early 90s or earlier, and after a while I've gotten sick and tired of that style showing up for the sole purpose of evoking nostalgia when all it does is make the game look outdated.
>>
>>335723469
I knew you'd get angry. I saved this just for you.
>>
File: conker2.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
conker2.webm
2 MB, 480x360
NX will most likely be either another attempt to pander to casuals like the Wii.

Or Nintendo is going all out on supporting hardcore gamers.

But I guarantee that it will not be powerful hardware. The last time Nintendo did powerful hardware was the N64, and it will be the last time.
>>
>>335722562
>if it doesn't sell Call of Duty numbers it doesn't make a profit.
>>
>>335721326
Where have you been? Ever since e3 2008 Nintendo has gotten flak for pretty much everything. Have you forgotten that people are still angry about the Wii? Or Brawl? Other M? Sticker Star? And the anger has only increased since.

Why do you say "this is the only board that still defends them" when you yourself said the hate started in 2014? Which is weird considering they had one of the most well received press conferences that year.

No person who was on /v/ during e3 2008, 2012 or 2015 can say that this board is pro nintendo when they get (rightfully) torn apart more than any other company, especially since the Wii U.
>>
>>335700558
>Will this go down as the worst day in Nintendo history?
I don't know, why would it?
>>
File: congratulationsyouareabitch.jpg (596 KB, 987x640) Image search: [Google]
congratulationsyouareabitch.jpg
596 KB, 987x640
>>335723587

Okay.

Doesn't change that Axiom Verge is a bad game.
>>
>>335702660
Goldeneye is not and never was good. I hated it as a kid and I hate it now.
>>
>>335723818
The single player can be hard to get into, but the game is an absolute classic.
>>
>>335723793
It was fun to me though anon, so I don't really care about your complaints. Especially the 0 penalty for death thing. I definitely want 0 penalty for death :^)
>>
>>335723453
>He wants Nintendo current gen games to look better.
why? They are cartoony games. I mean crank them up to 1080p sure, NX can do that. But other than that they look fine. When sony and even M$ goes after that gritty realistic look it kinda pissy me off cause im just sitting there like "this would be way fucking better at 1440p with AA and textures turned way up" I don't get that playing smashbros or mario kart.
>The tablet is worthless.
Am I the only one on this site that likes it?
>>
>>335723549
>At times I wonder it it's not just me growing old and no longer being able to get the same pleasure out of them like I used to.
That's very possible. It happens to a lot of people, and it's hard to tell whether it's happening to you or not. But also...

>I know most Nintendo titles and a handful of other games have had that indescribable thing that makes them appealing to me, but it's showing up much less frequently nowadays.
This makes sense as being a real phenomenon because Nintendo is trying to push out a ton of games to support Wii U all on their own and even to a lesser extent the 3DS (still some third parties there though). So games get rushed, they become seen more as products to get out to market by the devs at Nintendo rather than some unique and creative experience that they're crafting. In one way it seems like third parties abandoning Nintendo harmed them internally, at least to me, more than I ever would've thought. Because it has made them have to rush out games to fill a release schedule almost by themselves. I think that is at least partly responsible for their games losing some of the magic they had.

>I get the team size and money thing, but now nearly all indie games.I've seen look like they should have been made in the early 90s or earlier, and after a while I've gotten sick and tired of that style showing up for the sole purpose of evoking nostalgia when all it does is make the game look outdated.

Not all of it is nostalgia I think, some of it is just genuinely that 2D art is less complex to learn than 3D modeling, so a lot of indie devs go that route because it just looks daunting learning to model a ton of 3D objects, work with textures, etc. It has a lower barrier to entry. 2D art is easier to learn but harder to master.
>>
>>335723732
look at AMD.
Barely scraping a profit, not being able to put money back into R&D puts you further and further behind. Eventually they would have to revert to indietier trash. Besides, why wouldn't a for profit company want to, IDK maximize profit?
>>
>>335724238
I'm going blind so it's nice to be able to see what I'm doing without having to pull up a chair close to the TV, and it was also implemented really nicely in WW and XCX
>>
>>335724238
>why? They are cartoony games.
Some of the games have really bad AA. They needed more power for better AA. AA is very important for cartoony games.

>Am I the only one on this site that likes it?
Pretty much. Well maybe you and like 3 other guys.
>>
Is anyone worried that the Wii U version of Zelda Skyrim will make the NX version worse? 3ds Smash did nothing but hurt Wii U Smash with no Ice Climbers, 3 Pikmin and Waddle Dee Toss
>>
>>335724590
Doesn't matter bro, it was made for Wii U. They probably won't do anything to it graphically for NX.
>>
>>335723818
>>335723987
I liked it as a kid, but going back, Playing FPS on those fucking controllers was retarded. either literally holding two, stopping to aim, or autoaim.
It is really a game that dated terribly.
>>
>>335723194
>IN MY OPINION IT'S NOT BAD THEREFORE IT'S NOT BAD

This is literally your entire argument. I don't know why I'm continuing to argue with you since its obvious your own personal bias for Nintendo is getting in the way of objective reasoning.

I will say this again, Nintendo is not better than the rest just because you personally like the DLC. It's still just as bad as the rest.

IT'S ALL YOUR OPINION. Nintendo sells half of a fucking game as DLC and your opinion its good because they're selling you half a game.

You don't even realize they're selling you an incomplete game to begin with.
Wake up, you fucking shill.
>>
>>335701329
All consoles will do this by the next decade.

It's better to use their brand to sell mobile games. Tons of money it.
>>
>>335724580
yeah I feel yeah man.
I think Im just gonna get a bigger TV soon...
>>335724583
True, I do hope it magically gets the Dolphin treatment.
>>
>>335724685
You know you can change the controls right? Also Goldeneye is not a "run and pop heads" kind of shooter.

Doing that on 00 Agent mode will get you killed easily.
>>
>>335724664
Just increase internal resolution add AA.
>>
>>335724457
And nos it seems nobody else can provide that magic anymore, at last not that I can identify. Great.

Now I'm going to have to try and make myself believe stamp collecting or some.other inane shit is actually fun and not a waste of my life. What do I have to do to get the old industry back?
>>
>>335700558

They haven't done anything worthwhile since SMG2
>>
>>335724948
Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>335703416
Which is funny considering their financial papers where they want to earn the female and kid market.
>>
>>335724238
>Am I the only one on this site that likes it?

Yes, because it was a failed attempt to include a creative way of playing games and only became a useless gimmick.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.