[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: htol niq pc.png (123 KB, 634x1039) Image search: [Google]
htol niq pc.png
123 KB, 634x1039
This game is going to get shitposted to death on release with lots of low review scores won't it?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/368640/discussions/0/357284131809213074/
>>
>60 fps for slow games matter
>60 fps for HOMM3 HD is a must eventhough the animations dont even have 30 fps and its a turn based game
get cancer and die
>>
File: 1454294995774.png (253 KB, 326x381) Image search: [Google]
1454294995774.png
253 KB, 326x381
>>335700093
Woah calm down anon. Where are you getting that I said any of this? I posted this to post some news, have an excuse to have an htol#NiQ thread, and also because I'm afraid this game will get shitposted to death like Final Fantasy Type 0 HD did for it being 30FPS despite having a good reason for being that way in its PC port.

I never said that I was angry or anything bad about this game having a 30FPS lock.
>>
>>335699882
Yes, either take time and effort to make a decent PC port, or don't do it all.

Half arsed attempts smell like a cash grab and can stay on console for all I care.

It's not like we are starving for games.

My backlog is so full, I can't see myself running out of games for years.
>>
>>335700646
>It's not like we are starving for games.

KEK

How's your petitions going?
>>
Not much you can do if idiot developers tie gamelogic to the framerate.
>>
File: wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg (867 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg
867 KB, 1920x1080
Oh yeah, apparently on the Japanese website for this game you can use mouse control to do a little minigame in-browser. I suspect this game will play a lot like it. The character follows your mouse cursor.
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/hotarunonikki/
>>335700646
This game was supposed to come out in March. They've given it 2 delays and 2 beta testing periods to try and avoid having any problems like Disgaea PC had at launch to make it a good port. I don't understand how you can think this is low effort. Its not as if the explanation they're giving doesn't make sense. The port is not bad for this at all; if you want to blame anyone, blame game devs for being dumb enough to tie framerate to the way a game works. A port is not bad because of this.

I don't understand why its expected for ports of games to be significantly higher quality than their original versions.
>>335700976
Please don't start consolewar shitposting.
>>
>>335701027
I beta tested Htolniq
Yes you control the thing with the mouse but you could also use a controller. It worked better with the mouse. Frankly, to be expected when adapting a touch based game.
>>
>>335699882
>tying ANYTHING to framerate
>the current year and any other years
literally full retard programming practice
yet another example of the games industry being full of """"programmers"""" who have no idea what they're doing
>>
>>335702539
Neat. Is moving from area to area really that slow? Seems like it could get tedious.
>>
>>335703424
It's on the slow side yeah. At least the framerate is stable.
>>
File: htol.jpg (62 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
htol.jpg
62 KB, 960x544
>>335704074
Ah well. I enjoyed that brief segment on their website but I'm not sure I could play a game for a long period of time like that. Still worth a shot though. It was fun.
Glad to hear its at least stable. Thanks for the info beta-testing anon.
>>
>>335700646
Talk for yourself. I love Japanese games, especially those with loli MCs. 60fps cucks can go fuck themselves.
>>
Game looks cute and interesting. I doubt it'll get shitposted to death just for being 30 FPS, unless for some reason TotalCancer looks at it, but I'm not worried about that, since he has an aversion to cutesy games.

I really, honestly wish people like >>335700646 who diss the shit out of a game simply for being 30 FPS--even if it otherwise runs perfectly--would get cancer and die.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.