[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For all the shooters that /v/ talks about, I've never seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
For all the shooters that /v/ talks about, I've never seen /v/ talk about America's Army. Anyone ever play that shit when it was still good?
>>
Got lots of copies from ROTC in high school

Game was the shit but that was back when I was a mega pussy in online games and rarely touched them. I loved the training and I only played the bridge map for multiplayer. Tons of fun.
>>
I plan on enlisting in the Army.

Any tips?
>>
>>335694281
People forget that it and this game were originally shameless recruiting tools for the government.
>>
>>335694558
Keep your cheeks together
>>
>>335694281
WHERE MY SF HOSPITAL NIGGAS AT
>>
>>335694558
If you're not memeing then:

Plan ahead, know what role and contract you want
Expect to be screwed with where they put you in terms of location
Exceed the physical requirements for your role, don't just meet them. Everyone there meets them. Do better.
>>
>>335694607
Why would anyone join up if they can shoot sand niggers in vidya without any stupid roe or dying?
>>
I played it WAY back when. Before even vehicles were a thing. The reality is once I discovered games like Swat and Arma existed I had no need for America's Army anymore. Although the SF missions were pretty cool I'll admit.
>>
>>335694692
Hospital is a top tier map.
>>
>>335694607
yet america's army was heavily criticized for it and people spout this crap about it to this day even though it's maybe the only game that ever tried to adapt the reality of what the army is into video game form instead of just "fuck yeah high speed low drag time 2 operate let's kill some turrerists!" I wonder how many people enlisted because they grew up playing modern military shooters? Likely an order of magnitude more than anyone that ever considered enlisting based on playing America's Army. Yet this game is the one that gets shit for it.

as a side note, video games are not a serious art form because stuff like 6 days in fallujah is not allowed to be released.
>>
File: hk.jpg (436 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hk.jpg
436 KB, 1366x768
>>335694607
>people actually got memed by the government
>>
I loved clearing jams.

>sneaky sneaking with fellow operator
>crouched low, checking corners as we move
>tactical unjam for the lulz
>Muhammad forms up between us from out of a hallway and pops one into my buddy before animation finishes

I was usually dead for most of every round I played
>>
>>335696429
>jams
I've only had like 3 actual times where the gun jammed and they happened at the worst possible time.
>>
I loved the training bits, even though the sneaking training for the Special Forces sucked all kinds of ass. Also Pipeline best map. MOUT McKenna was also the shit.
>>
I remember playing those co-op missions in AA, invading some jungle bunker thing, that shit was pretty fun.

I didn't enjoy the deatmatch part.
>>
Only played 3 which was great even though hilariously broken and buggy.
>>
File: fml.jpg (118 KB, 618x411) Image search: [Google]
fml.jpg
118 KB, 618x411
I FUCKING MISS THIS GAME
Honestly the best fps i've ever played

Insurgent Camp, Bridge Crossing, SF Hospital, SF CSAR, Pipeline, Weapons Cache .. fucking goddamn nostalgia
>>
>>335695520
God I wish they would have released 6 days in Fallujah
>>
>>335694837
The USMC was way more fun than games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0oOGjEATjw
>1:20

people like her are the reason .. i feel for her but at the same time what she is saying is completely retarded
>>
I got it for free by an Army recruiter but after installing the game it asked for a key which was never given to me. So I dropped it and indirectly dropped joining the Army.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.