[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Nintendo-logo-red.png (67 KB, 2268x1688) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-logo-red.png
67 KB, 2268x1688
What went wrong?
>>
Gimmicks

Keep that shit on the handheld, not center a console around it. The handhelds are held up entirely by Nintendo already, Nintendo can't hold up a console by itself especially these days. They needed third parties but no one wanted to work with the Wiimote and an underpowered machine, and no one wanted to do second screen as a primary thing and also on an underpowered machine

We had all that second screen experience boom, but everyone was using phones or tablets. Not putting the experience into the console itself.
>>
3rd console is a ludicrous idea. It's completely non-logical. A closed platform has no benefit beyond what it's developed for, and they obviously can't into what a contemporary console is (online, support).

>>335691554
They can do gimmicks, but they can't just push out any trend.. as is shown with the tablet gimmick, so it's not their brand that sells. It's their actual innovation and appeal.
>>
>>335692014
A gimmick should be isolated games, not something games are built on and towards.
>>
>>335691353
The Nintendo Sewing Machine was never released.
>>
>>335692235
>a gimmick should be isolated games
Wot?
>>
What's wrong? They said Zelda would be the focus and the only playable game this E3, you know what this means right? We're getting NX games too
>>
They want to innovate but they think all of the innovation to be found is on hardware. They want to sell another Wii.

But Nintendo was at its peak when it was setting standards for software genres, and for some reason they don't realize that. I guess they see their peak during the Wii's life cycle.

I think Splatoon is great for a new IP. Because its a new idea and 99% of it is software. If they did more of that they'd get out of this hole they dug for themselves. I'd even accept the low hardware specs.
>>
Listened to fanboys too much.
>>
File: IMG_Apr-27,-2016-7_00_11-AM.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_Apr-27,-2016-7_00_11-AM.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
>>335691353
Everything
>>
>>335691353
They're fetish for simplicity is killing them. Casuals will buy FIFA and COD shit, not Nintendo games
>>
File: Iliketumblr.jpg (27 KB, 455x343) Image search: [Google]
Iliketumblr.jpg
27 KB, 455x343
>>335691353
>>
>>335691353
Well 2014 was a pretty good year. In fact I'd say Nintendo released most everything worth playing for that one. Hence why butthurt faggots were calling /v/ NintendoGAF for so long, but I guess that started a year earlier when they had a good E3 presentation in 2013. 2015 was not so hot and their trash E3 show didn't help, 2016 has been worse and they won't be delivering anything of note. Zelda's development is looking more dire and will probably be mess with too many ideas that were never expanded upon, NX is missing out on crucial Black Friday sales, and they will have nothing to show at E3. Looking pretty dismal right now.

Not really fun to be a consolepleb this generation. My Bloodborne Machine recently had a sale though, and I picked up Digimon and Gravity Rush.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.