[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NIOH ALPHA DEMO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: NO NIOH.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NO NIOH.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
Who /Defeated Nue/ heya?

Damn... felt as though I was fighting against the epitome of bogus artificial difficulty itself. The developers are hoping that the unfairly hard 'git gud' mode that the combat is riding upon would be enough to mask the derivative inconsistent and downright unbalanced game underneath.
>>
When you lock on are you supposed to run around like an asshole when no guarding? Its so fucking weird.

the game says no to guard all the time but then he just runs around

maybe i'm just used to souls game but shit
>>
>Could have made Ninja Gaiden clone
>BUT MUH SOULS

Thanks.
>>
>>335682735
>nue
>difficult

top kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6NEPWELCus
>>
>>335682735
>>335683508
I died in one attack against Nue and quit.

Do you get anything for beating him? I've already got the mark of conqueror.
>>
>>335683687
you get another chance to get the mark.
>>
>>335682735
Nue's fine, just keep moving when he summons his lightning from the sky. His wind-up for his lightning breath is obvious and gives you adequate time to get around him, and all his physical attacks are easily blockable.
>>
>>335683687
Stack lightning defense, use the Puppy Guardian spirit and check your accessories for lightning charms.
>>
>>335683746
Another chance to get the mark? But you have to beat Onroki to get to that mission right? How does that work?
>>
>Demo dropped less than 48 hours ago
>Soulsfags and Nohfags are already at each others throats

The shitstorm from this game is gonna be hilarious. Whether it's good or bad, /v/'s gonna be on fire the second it actually releases
>>
What the fuck even is Mark of the Conqueror?
>>
Haven't beat Nue yet but I only tried him once after clearing the second level fairly easily and healed like a retard during his lightning strikes. Will probably beat him tomorrow but love the game.
>>
>>335683816
you get the mark for beating either boss.

>>335683832
"free dlc" for the real game.
>>
>try to roll spam and chug elixirs like I'm playing dark souls
>get figuratively raped
fuck this shitty game
>>
>>335683687
Raikiri. Best Katana.
>>
>>335683894
But what is it?
>>
Reporting in OP. So I've got a couple of questions.
Is there any PVP in the demo?
Also... how do I send someone back to their world in order to use the shrine to level up/save?
Feels kind of bad to lead the visitor towards an ONI and back away at the critical moment so the he gets killed.
>>
>>335683832
>>335683894
>>335683939
No one knows. Probably just some special equipment or a unique Kodama or something.
>>
File: 1461717085534.png (63 KB, 954x497) Image search: [Google]
1461717085534.png
63 KB, 954x497
>>335683821
Plebbit and other websites are already at each others throats. But the majority agree that Ni-Oh is unfair and shit.

Also haven't you seen what happened here yesterday? One thread in particular was just full of shitposting until it was archived. Everyone was arguing how it's a clone of Souls and how it's literally artificial difficulty.
>>
>>335682735
There's already a thread dumb fuck.
>>
>>335683939
ask the devs. nobody knows.
>>
>>335684017
No, you can fight AI reverants only. Also, they get auto-refreshed if you activate a new shrine. Since they beat the mission to Co-op, they should already be good enough so that they won't mind.
>>
>>335682735
Finally an actual player with proper insight on how the game plays. All the threads made by shills up till now didn't allow for actual discussion.
>>
>>335684231
are you the guy who was chimping out in the other thread about an hour ago
>>
>>335684063
fuck people who want the game to be like dark souls where you can just fuck up all you want and heal through it with estus

why even have regular enemies in the game if they aren't threatening at all? the game is more about patience and playing carefully, not just running in and spamming R1 till everything is dead
>>
>>335682735
Time for some REAL TALK I guess now that the paid shills have gone to sleep. Does it seem to have any potential? Would the final product be able to rise above its obvious flaws? What changes should Team Ninja implement in it. I for one would love the ability to jump. The setting practically begs for some sort a parkour mechanic. Would serve to differentiate it from all the other souls-clones as well.
>>
>>335682735
It's not that hard, although it is unbalanced.
Hell I could barely beat Dark souls 2 well over 300 deaths before even finishing DS2 and I still managed to beat the demo relatively easily.

You just have to take your time and pick off enemies rather than rush and fight them all, fighting multiple people is pretty stupid.

I can't comment on Nue though.
>>
>>335684438
>I for one would love the ability to jump. The setting practically begs for some sort a parkour mechanic. Would serve to differentiate it from all the other souls-clones as well.

The second version of the game was specifically scrapped because it was too close to Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>335684531

Sounds like the better game.
>>
Any idea what the Mark of the Conqueror is? And does this game have a seamless world like Dark Souls, or is it level based? Sorry, I haven't gotten far in to the demo yet as I'm quite shit and am trying to learn to get better with the mechanics.
>>
>>335684438
It's pretty cool, but it needs polishing to hell and back to really stand out

As it is, if this is indicative of the final product, than it's just going to languish away after the first couple weeks of release. I'll probably get it myself at some point, but I don't see it doing very well critically or financially. It has charm, at least.
>>
>>335684438
Have you played the whole game? If you did, you'd know jumping would ruin most of the shortcuts and level design.
>>
>>335684631
>Does this game have a seamless world

It's literally just a fucking demo. There's maybe a couple of fucking bosses so far, how the hell do you expect any kind of commentary on the entire world?
>>
>>335682735
Combat just feels weird and clunky

Hoping they fix it but this is Koei Tecmo.
>>
>>335684631
It's like DeS without the hub. Well thought out levels, little checkpoints but a lot of shortcuts.
>>
FROM Software understood the fine balance between challenging and unfair. It's kind of obvious that Nioh doesn't really have the combat depth to back up the difficulty like Ninja Gaiden did. Team Ninja should have stuck to their guns tbqh familia.
>>
>>335684631

See >>335684032

It's level-based with a map screen after you complete a mission, so think Demon's Souls. The two areas are both quite large and interconnected with other parts, however.
>>
>>335684939
>>335684939
can make your own combo but I guess it lacks depth. ok.
>>
File: Bloodborne Duel.jpg (252 KB, 1813x1118) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Duel.jpg
252 KB, 1813x1118
'Souls Clones' like Nioh and Lords of the Fallen are nothing more than pretenders to the throne still rightfully held by Bloodborne. They desperate wish to usurp it but it's gonna take a lot more than just your rage-quit meme difficulty to accomplish such a feat.
>>
Literally git gud.
Soulsfags that think they're hotshit because they're good at souls means they should just automatically blast through Nioh like nothing are retarded.
Same concept, but completely different skillsets and no enemies that are basically worthless cannonfodder like in souls.
>>
>>335685531
>rage-quit meme difficulty

Bloodborne babbies everyone.
>>
Nioh feels less like an interesting game that happens to be hard and more like a bland game that tries to be hard just for the sake of being hard.
I know it was only in alpha but it really felt like I was playing shovelware, maybe that's just how all Koei Tecmo games are but the game was like a PS3 launch title.
I ran into a few glitches, the most interesting one is the one where the enemies respawned every 5 or so minutes, and it wasn't because I went to the shrine or I died, they'd just reappear.
There was also this other glitch where my stamina bar was fucked and a single swing would deplete it completely and it would stay in the red until I press an action button, but hey I guess that's what you expect in alpha.
The more I played this, the more I was grateful towards Dark Souls, Nioh isn't looking to be very good, I predict it's gonna get very mediocre scores.
Don't get too excited for this game.
>>
>>335686028
>game is superb
>do not get excited for it
ok anon-sama, will stop being excited now.
>>
File: 1461726462402.jpg (461 KB, 954x1902) Image search: [Google]
1461726462402.jpg
461 KB, 954x1902
>>
>>335684778
>tfw can't kill the first white portal boss, the one with the horns.
i hate souls-like games. i really do. but i really want to like ni-oh because of my love for onimusha, but i literally can't kill this guy. i even activated my shark thing, had him down to 1/3rd, and he then grabs and kills me.
>>
>>335686183
I'm just saying be realistic and don't end up letting yourself down.
>>
>>335686028
>game is trash
>do not get excited for it
ok anon-sama, will stop being excited now
>>
>>335682735
> artificial difficulty
>>
Honestly this game feels like what Toukiden is to Monster Hunter. They took all the superficial ideas and added poor unbalanced mechanics of their own on the top to try and differentiate it.
>>
PC version where
>>
>>335686312
how? The demo is already 9/10, all they have to do is add a few more levels and it will be worth 60 buckaroos. Not everyone is a huge scrub. Personally I ve seen 0 bugs might just be luck.
>>
>>335684939
> flying swallow the game
>>
File: NEVAR EVAR.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
NEVAR EVAR.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>335686504
>>
>>335686504
will likely happen in the future
wouldnt get too excited tho this is koei
their ports are trash tier
>>
>>335686297
Thats not a boss, that's a normal enemy. There are a bunch just walking around in the second level.
>>
How the fuck do I fix shit? Have I missed something or do I seriously have to grind for my gear?
>>
I really want to like the game but it has issues. If you're ever fighting more than 2 enemies you are pretty much fucking dead unless you have a Living Weapon available.

Increasing HP or defense means jack shit, you will always die in 2 or 3 hits, sometimes 1 if you're hit from behind.

I have yet to see any magic, so the magic stat seems fucking worthless.

The one-on-one combat is fucking exhilarating in a Bushido Blade kind of way though and the style is really cool. hopefully they'll polish it up a bit.
>>
>>335686297
change to the firey spirit, those guys are weak to fire.
>>
>>335686297
Just keep pushing anon, thats not even a boss.
I had trouble with that guy for a while as well, just play it real slow.
Go high stance, dodge, hit once or twice then back off.

They aren't normal enemies later on, but they do show up more, I think there are like 4-5 in the next section, but you'll be fine after that first one, it just seems to click I guess.
>>
>>335686242

Have any of this faggots played contra?
>>
File: Raid2.gif (952 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
Raid2.gif
952 KB, 500x213
>>335683376
Only partially tilt the joystick. Joystick use is more nuanced here than in dark souls, it's all essentially the same but switching from z-targeting circle-strifing to "Holy Fuck AOE GTFO" mode requires less input.

From Demon's Souls through Bloodborne if you were locked on to an enemy and you needed to turn and run you had to click the right joystick to disengage the lock then run. And to really gtfo you would have to hold the sprint button too, and at really annoying moments you may have tried/needed to quickly rotate the camera to avoid falls and other enemies and guess what? You Died.

It's not a terrible system, and adding the ability to sprint in Dark Souls III made a huge difference in this area. But Team Ninja just implemented it differently, and it's not a bad system either.

tl;dr Partially tilt the joystick, stay in the pocket like pic related. Use perfect guards and parries instead of outright avoidance when possible. It was very weird for me at first too but I'm really loving it now.
>>
>>335686818
whetstone for sword

glue for armor.
>>
>>335686879
you can wreck 4 enemies at the same time with a basic sweeping spear or katana or axe. or kill them with a bow headshot. or use a fire shuriken or just dodge and wait for openings. or kill them all in a narrow alley. the fire shuriken ninjutsu kills a cyclops oni in 2 hits. git gud son.
>>
>>335686879
Raising Dex gives you Ninjitsu points which unlocks skills to use. I got 20 into Dex and using 12 fire shurikens to even unfair fights I got myself into, since they melt enemies pretty well.
>>
>>335685531
Bloodborne is awesome, but Nioh looks really promising for a souls type game based on the samurai era and with Japanese mithyology and demons and shit.
>>
My only complaint is that some enemies take a gorillion hits to kill yet my own character is quite fragile. Especially in the second level.
>>
>>335686924
>expecting them to play anything more difficult than DaS

I'll admit I went to reddit to see their reactions. Most people were saying Souls games were their hardest games ever played, but Ni-Oh is just unfair and not fun for them. Some people said they don't even know what Ninja Gaiden is.
>>
>>335685732
the lack of a back attack is probably confusing some people
>>
>>335687027
First level is balanced for around level 5

second level is balanced around level fucking 25
>>
>>335687082
>Lack of back attack
Wut, you take and deal like 1.5-2x damage when hitting people from behind.
>>
>>335682735
>tinyurl(put in the dot yourself)com/gog3dxl

actual footage of me beating Nue last night. good ass fight
>>
>>335686629
can't be worse than the first dark souls port.
>>
>fucking love this game already
>difficulty is going to be nerfed to hell because everyone is crying about how hard it is

Fuck this makes me sad. My only true gripe is how fast things break and I can't reliably get materials to repair them even after farming enemiesenemies and offering their items.
But I really do like everything else and I love this kind of loot system in basically every game that has it.
>>
>>335687027
which enemies take a gorillion hits? I am dying in 13 hits and killing regular enemies and cyclops in 2 attacks. can do 4 or so full combos in a row without even using ki pulse and you can easily stunlock any enemy including all bosses and onis.
>>
>>335686504
You think you want it but you don't.
>>
File: 1394258792816.gif (1008 KB, 271x226) Image search: [Google]
1394258792816.gif
1008 KB, 271x226
>>335687167
People are just too dumb to realize it. If there's no animation for them showing a cool backstab they probably won't know they deal more damage. I've seen others complaining how the menu, level up and skills menu are convoluted and too hard to understand. Others don't even know how to fix their gear.
>>
The camera control was way to abrupt, but I guess that'll get fixed for the final version.
>>
>>335687256
They're definitely going to have a shop or smithy of some sort.

Hopefully they don't turn down the difficulty because I really don't think people are understanding how to play the game at all, once you learn to Ki burst, the skill point system, and that armors have requirements unlike souls games, then you really don't have this "one shot city" thing people keep trying to complain about anymore.
>>
>>335687167
I meant a back attack that stuns the enemy like in the souls games.
>>
>>335686028
alpha desu
>>
>>335687453
if you want a full-on souls game, play a souls game bitch fs
>>
>>335687453
>everything has to rip off souls 100% or I cannot play it
There is plenty of stunning in this game though, you are just too stupid to figure it out apparently.
>>
>>335687492
I'm not saying I want it, I was just saying that some people are probably confused by the lack of that type of attack.
>>
>>335687423
>that armors have requirements unlike souls games

I bet that's exactly what's happening, people equip full heavy armor and don't notice the grey stats on the screen and complain about dying in one hit.
>>
>>335687423
I'm level 17 with loads of armor that has 16 or more defense and the standard bandit guys can easily kill me in two hits.
>>
>>335687545
there is that type of attack though in 3+ variations for each weapon type. git gud son.
>>
File: NEVARIO EVARIO.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
NEVARIO EVARIO.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
MFW the three best upcoming games of the year

>Final Fantasy XV
>Tekken 7
>Nioh

are ALL exclusive to the PS4. Have Gamers ever been cucked on such a massive scale before?
>>
>>335687525
whoa there take a breath mate, I really like this alpha and I don't need anymore souls elements in it I was just saying >>335687545
>>
>>335687597

Well dont let them hit you
>>
>>335687453
Yoy can stun enemies by depleteing their stamina. When if you knock them down you can stab them. If you kick them and knock them off balance you can stab them from the front. You deal like 2x damage from behind. What more do you want?
>>
>>335686879
>If you're ever fighting more than 2 enemies you are pretty much fucking dead

You are the 900th casual to post this bullshit. Learn to not be shit and all is well, scrub.
>>
>>335687627
but you are wrong see >>335687602
>>
>>335687642
nothing, I was fine stunlocking the enemies and doing parries and learning the mechanics, was just comment on how some people that are used to souls games are probably confused by the lack of that kind of attack.
>>
I got really pissed at how the ki loss makes you freeze and pant, but after reading the thread last night, I finally understand the ki regeneration bit with R1 and am going to give the game another go. So far I've unfortunately only gotten a little past the first trio of crawling zombies.
>>
>>335687735

CASUAL FILTER
>>
>>335687597
Are you actually wearing armor that had Damage -x%? If you're just going by the "armor number" I found that doesn't really do much, you want to be looking at the actual stats instead, and I can easily take like 4-5 hits depending on the strike.
>>
>>335687314
>Others don't even know how to fix their gear.
desu it's pretty odd to have only consumables that fix stuff. If you run out of them you're fucked
>>
>>335687735
but this is not a souls game. why should anyone give a shit when what you have said is wrong and there is parries, stunning and riposte along with other stuff that does not exist in souls games?
>>
>>335687256
probably nerf degradation or up weapon drop, prefer the former
>>
>>335687791
I think it's a great mechanic. The ki management is the underlying concept behind the combat, which is why they also let you see the enemies' ki.

I think most people are just too used to Souls where it doesn't matter.
>>
>>335687854
The game definitely is going to have a shop or smithy though, I really doubt we'll only be able to repair our weapons through RNG drops that we can't buy.
>>
>>335687816
enemies drop new gear every two seconds. it is worse than borderlands or diablo. wtf are you doing? just stop getting hit all the time and dying to the first enemy 20 times in a row and you will max out glue and whetstones instantly before even reaching the first boss.
>>
File: 1420611563147.jpg (20 KB, 275x282) Image search: [Google]
1420611563147.jpg
20 KB, 275x282
I'm fighting the first boss right now, and the dodges seem to be fucking me sideways. The dodges don't seem to have a lo of i-frames so even when I dodge one attack its animation will still hit me.I don't mind dying to couple hits, but when even the dodges seem bad to use it just feels shitty.
>>
>>335687842
I don't know if you have been following the threads, but there have been people saying hat they died because they tried to heal pressing square or attack using R1, so they are looking for souls mechanics or controls because the game i simillar.

I'm not bashing the alpha, as I said I enjoyed it, took the time to read and experiment with the mechanics, beat Nue and I'm hyped for the final game, but I can see how people will be confused and look for mechanics that are in dark souls before diving into the game own stunlock/parry/etc mechanics.

A lot of people probably missed the fact that they can learn skills and create your own combos too, while in souls games you can do the full move set of every weapon from the get go.
>>
>>335687947
as long as enemies attack strings are balanced to intended level and not stun locking you for free
>>
>>335688050
Stop being over 70% weight then, it cuts your dodge distance down so much that it really hurts on that boss.
>>
>>335688050
Dodge into the attack and go to his back, do not doge sideways.
>>
>>335688138
>people are retards
stop the presses
I think you are not getting the point. Nobody gives a shit about retards being retards. I ve hit r1 to attack as well and it took me 5 seconds to figure out what does what though. Idiots will always be confused by the simplest shit, no surprise at all. I ve been in the threads and helped some people in coop, people are retards, as always.
>>
>>335688050
probably can't abuse Iframes and have to avoid hit boxes, ninja gaiden like
>>
>>335688050
Run into him and then behind him. He'll whiff an attack and you can get 2-3 good hits with mid stance. If you see him about to attack just hold block because you can 100% block his fists and the chains.
>>
>>335688192
As far as i know you can always block after the first hit, if you still have stamina, so you'll only get stun locked if you can't manage your stamina right.
>>
>>335688297
indeed, I jut hope the devs do not listen to those retards when they read the feedack on the alpha, and listen to the people that actually understood the mechanics and dived into it, not those retards that couldn't get past the beach because they couldn't call the two dudes one at a time at first.
>>
>>335687256
Demon Souls would have been nerfed if it had an alpha in the spotlight like Nioh does. Pretty sad.
Hopefully they don't, people will be considering this game no harder than Souls by the time Nioh has been around as long as Souls and everyone's gotten used to it.
>>
I do hope there's more magic on release

I went fully into spirit and magic at first, but was mildly disappointed when I found out that all I had was buffs
Living weapon and the spirit guides are going to be cool, but they just didn't seem worth it waiting for the Armita gauge to build only to lose it so fast on proc
>>
>run out of stamina
>character is frozen in place for 3 seconds
That's the only issue I have with the demo so far. I get that you're not supposed to let your stamina deplete all the way but I'd prefer if they made it where it'd recover super slow if you drained it than basically letting the enemies get a free kill on me.
>>
>>335688805
Search for Ki Burst in this thread.
>>
>>335687791
How do you properly use that Ki Pulse move? I can't seem to keep an eye on the ki gauge to view when I can recover ki while also keeping an eye on some of the speedier enemies. Is there some visual effect on your character himself I'm not noticing?
>>
>>335688805
It's fair, enemies also get exhausted and let their guard down too. Also adds to the battles.
It's great having a showdown with some strong fucker and you both become exhausted and start heaving before continuing the intense battle.
>>
File: 1461427528911.gif (489 KB, 497x373) Image search: [Google]
1461427528911.gif
489 KB, 497x373
What happened to enjoying games because the gameplay isn't necessarily balls staked to the wall difficult but because it's fun?

>b-but difficulty creates fun

Not so faggot. If that were the case, Zelda games would have died off years ago. Games like Ni Oh where the sole "quality" is sheer unfairness and bullshit AI tactics aren't good games.

You can't make difficulty the one appealing factor in a game. It has to be well rounded.
>>
>>335688913
>huge blue pulse of particle effects
hmmm
>>
Is there any heal items other than the three you start with? I can't seem to find any.
>>
>>335689010
enemies drop them all the time, I have them maxed out at 10. you get them for sacrificing shit gear, too.
>>
>>335688865

Please tell me about it one more time, dear
>>
>>335688979
but overcoming challenges is fun anon.
>>
The game has potential, sure. But unless you turn on the bad graphics mode it is actually laggy as hell.
Weapons breaking is shit. Especially when you can't repair them at the shop and have to grind items.
Too many overlapping stats.
Shitty ninjutsu shuriken shit.
Generally sloppy gameplay-wise. Running up and hitting an enemy and running away after is a shitty tactic that carries throughout the demo.
Combos are generally useless.

Locations are uninspired and boring too. As well as the enemies, but that is just my taste.
>>
>>335688979
Have you even played Nioh?
The difficulty comes from the games design not that the games design is to purposefully make everything difficult for the sake of difficulty.

This game isn't fun because it is difficult, it is fun because the battles are genuinely intense and feel like an actual swordfight.
>>
>>335688979
What happened to not being a faggot?

>b-but it's too difficulty

So you either learn how to play or don't play at all, just don't be a faggot and cry about it when there's people at enjoy actual challenge.
>>
Am I the only one that felt that heals didn't happen as fast as they should? and I don't mean the heal itself, but sometimes I pressed the button to heal up and my character did nothing, had to stop for 1-2 seconds and then press it for 1-2 seconds and then it would heal up.

has been a bitch for me on the boss fights, so I learned to fight them without taking any damage.
>>
how to make fucking ki bursts?
>>
>>335689281
Input can be a bit iffy because of the framerate in the alpha.
Likely will be fixed.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
>>335688979
Idk man. I'm pretty bad at these types of games, but I don't find any of the soldiers challenging anymore after a bit of leveling-up and learning to isolate them one at time. Now I'm stuck on the first one of these, at the top of the mountain, but he's making me git gud.

I'm enjoying the alpha quite a bit and hope there is more to the whole game.

>>335689140
The enemies drop items that allow you to repair weapons, I thought.
>>
>>335689479
I really hope so.
>>
File: Ch64e.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ch64e.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
The fact i'm disappointed the most is how hard they try to copy souls. They had a chance of making a cool 3rd person action game but they just had to cram all the souls shit into it up to the point of feeling like a reskin at times. Well what the fuck were i expecting from a KT anyway, fuck that dev.
>>
>>335689603
crows, crows everywhere.
>>
>>335683376
If you press too hard in a direction or get too far away he'll turn himself away from the enemy and start moving in that direction. It's dangerous because you take way more damage from being hit in the back.
>>
File: Ninja_Blade.jpg (72 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Blade.jpg
72 KB, 256x365
>>335689603
>>
>>335686924
Me and a friend co op completed contra 2. Never met anyone else who has
>>
>>335688805
>I'd prefer if they made it where it'd recover super slow if you drained it than basically letting the enemies get a free kill on me.

Of course you would. Then your souls experience would carry over, you could breeze through the demo with little effort, and not have to suffer through the grueling experience of learning to play a new game of this type.

But that's not gonna happen. Stop crying, pick you amrita up and try again. Don't let your Ki drop when facing tough enemies.
>>
File: parry.webm (909 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
parry.webm
909 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>335689603
That door in your image is a lot like your mind.
>>
>>335688979
Fuck off retard, challenge is fun
>>
>>335689923
Can you pull that off with all weapon types or just enemies with katanas?
>>
>>335682735
When does this come out?
>>
>>335690087
Nah, you can do it with axes and spears, though naturally the timing is different.
>>
How can I be summoned to help other players?
>>
>>335689923
can you do that to onis?
>>
>>335682735
Posting in both threads, No.335677548

Right you fuckers here's some basic shit, because some of you are too stupid to figure these things out.

>Ki Blast: When you attack watch your Ki bar. It'll start to fill up white quite fast, if you hit R1(Stance button) during this time you'll INSTANTLY get that amount of Ki back. If you get it perfect i.e. get all your stamina you used back, you do a Ki blast which gets rid of the dark flame patches that Yokia/Oni put down(Standing in these patches will severely reduce Ki recovery).

>(Note this is for Katanas, figure the other weapon stances out on your own. Most of it is shared)
>High Stance: Slow attacks, high damage, high Ki usage, only get one roll
>Medium Stance: Balanced speed, damage, and Ki usage, able to parry, get 2 dodges (quick step into roll).
>Low stance: Low damage and Ki usage, fast attacks, dodges have the same effect as Ki blast (yes you can get stamina back by dodging), get 2 dodges.

>SWITCH FUCKING STANCES AND WEAPONS WHEN NEEDED. YES EVEN IN MID COMBAT IT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR.

>When enemies are out of Ki (Their bar is red). Hitting them will make them stumble, after that press triangle and you'll do a special attack for major damage. Katanas have this immediately, while Spears and (I think) Axes have to unlock this.

>L1 IS FUCKING GUARD, USE IT. HOLY SHIT.
>X IS DODGE, USE THAT TOO. But be aware that dodging has very little (if any) invincibility frames. YES YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO DODGE/GET OUT OF THE WAY OF ATTACKS RATHER THAN ABUSE I-FRAMES LIKE SOULS.

>When you get hit, guard recovers faster than dodge. So mash/hold L1(guard) instead of mashing X(dodge).

>Back attacks deal MAJOR damage(this applies to you too). Keep your back protected, while trying to hit enemies in the back.

>Donate your excess shit to the shrine. You can get items such as: Elixers, glue, and whetstones. You can even bulk donate shit under certain rarities that you set.

Part1/2
>>
>>335690165
At the map screen, select the level you wanna co-op on and press square.
>>
>>335689958
>implying
reskin all the enemies and areas in the game to medieval and guess what will stay. Even tactics work there, although with less efficiency
>>
>>335682735
Is this a reason to boot up the old sony paper weight or is the demo on PC as well?
>>
I really hope this game has other settings besides "forest at night" since that's all we've seen in the trailers.
>>
File: Raoh[1].jpg (9 KB, 468x380) Image search: [Google]
Raoh[1].jpg
9 KB, 468x380
>tfw I can finally play as best Sword of the Stranger character
>>
>>335690238
>X IS DODGE, USE THAT TOO. But be aware that dodging has very little (if any) invincibility frames. YES YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO DODGE/GET OUT OF THE WAY OF ATTACKS RATHER THAN ABUSE I-FRAMES LIKE SOULS.

I think Low Stance might have i-frames since the Low Stance has a different dodge. After you attack and perform a dodge you dodge with a blue aura.
>>
>>335690357
I wonder if the final game will have character customization.
>>
>>335690286
The game's a PS4 exclusive
>>
>>335690238

>You can obtain new moves when you level up. Check your menu it'll have and exclamation mark on it.

>Hell just check out YOUR FUCKING MENU. YES ALL THE TABS, READ WHAT THEY FUCKING DO.

>The circle in the top left is your guardian. When it's full you can press Triangle+Circle to summon a living weapon. During this time you do more damage and have a special move tied to triangle(you an charge this). You're health and Ki is replaced by another continuously depleting bar. Using Ki and getting hit will deplete this bar faster. YOU CANNOT DIE WHILE IN THIS MODE, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN CHARGE IN THINKING YOU'RE HOT SHIT.

>If you don't have a guardian in the top left. This is most likely because you died. Retrieving your shit, dying again, or recalling it at a shrine(you will lose your stuff that it was protecting) will get your guardian back.

WHEN A NEW THREAD GETS MADE POST THIS, ADD TO IT WHATEVER.

Part 2/2
>>
>>335689140
>But unless you turn on the bad graphics mode it is actually laggy as hell.
It is an alpha. Also why would you not have it on higher framerate mode?
>Weapons breaking is shit. Especially when you can't repair them at the shop and have to grind items.
There will likely be shops/smiths and shit in the full game. Even so, there's plenty of weapon drops and repair items that you'll never be in a position where you don't have a weapon. In fact you'll rarely even have to use a different weapon because the amount of duplicates.
>Too many overlapping stats.
Don't think that is a bad thing, doesn't punish you too much if you don't dump into one stat, could only really be bad if it makes it too easy to become OP.
>Shitty ninjutsu shuriken shit.
Wut.
>Generally sloppy gameplay-wise. Running up and hitting an enemy and running away after is a shitty tactic that carries throughout the demo.
Sloppy? Is running up and running away your only reason for it being sloppy?
You don't have to run up and run away, use your stones, sneak past certain enemies to better position yourself, try using the spear, etc. Also you better be referring to mobs and not just a single dude otherwise what the fuck are you doing running away?
>Combos are generally useless.
How so? Are you just button mashing?
>>
Is there a way to cheese those annoying as fuck oni enemies? Getting pretty tired of their dual sword bullshit
>>
>>335690295
I really hope Demon's Souls has more settings besides generic european castles.

I'm sure it will. This is just a demo. Hard to gauge what we'll get based on a demo and a few trailers.
>>
>>335690286
it'a Kohei tecmo, it'll be released on PC as a shitty port in 2 years I'd say.
>>
>>335690535
Fire shuriken
>>
>>335686297
Those things are just normal enemies but they don't respawn. If you've found those grenades called hayaku whatever, some jap shit, it will kill them in three throws. Just throw one and let the burn damage run until it's over and then throw another one. If you must fight it straight up I recommend mid style with the katana or spear. Hammers and axes are slow and those things can punish you quickly when they want to, especially the ones with dual swords. Don't forget your living weapon buff from your guardian spirit. Your spirit stat will need to meet the requirement for the one you have equipped to activate living weapon though.
>>
>>335690239
thanks!
>>
>>335690742
Is there a non-weeb way?
>>
>>335686297
The map has firebombs, 3 firebombs and a hit kill it. Also it's kinda easy to make this fag stuck in the lantern, they have garbage pathfinding
>>
>>335690535
>bait their attack
>dodge
>run towards it
>it backflips or cartwheels
>hit halfway through his flip
>back off

Repeat unti ldead.
>>
File: 11.jpg (41 KB, 174x251) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
41 KB, 174x251
>>335690892
>>
>>335690742
Are those actually effective? Normal ones are replaceable stones at best
And are fire talismans useful?
>>
>>335687027
In the second level even some of the white quality gear will be better than your purple quality shit from the first level. Take a look at what you've looted, some of it is probably better than what you had equipped from the end of the first level.
>>
File: 1354590554171.jpg (225 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1354590554171.jpg
225 KB, 599x563
Honestly, I'm not a fan.
The lock on system works like a Dark Souls 2 copy as opposed to the DeS / DaS / BB system, or the DaS 3 system (which I feel took the good parts of the DaS 2 system and added it to the previous systems). In addition, the mobs are all easy trash to deal with, so they pile them together and have them follow you endlessly to try and make things more difficult, the exact problem that 2 had. I wouldn't even mind the lack of i-frames in the dodging if it wasn't for this, since the mobs just make it an annoyance more than anything.

I'm not really a fan. Went in expecting a DaS clone but not quite as good (but still good), got a DaS 2 clone but not even as good as that.
>>
>>335689923
>enemy takes the sword out of his chest and dies

kek
>>
>>335690964
They deal hit damage of about 10, explosion damage of about 350, then tick at about 25 per tick for about 10 or 15 ticks.
>>
File: Look Mom.jpg (84 KB, 533x700) Image search: [Google]
Look Mom.jpg
84 KB, 533x700
>>335682735
>>
>>335688913
Watch the blue energy around you after you do an attack. As it all forms into a ring tap R1 and there'll be a big flash of blue and you get ki back. If you do it too early there will be a smaller blue flash and reduced ki gain.
>>
>>335690295
We've seen a cave.
Th-thats something.
>>
File: 1460553777913.png (489 KB, 470x469) Image search: [Google]
1460553777913.png
489 KB, 470x469
>people complaining about the games difficulty
>people complaining about their weapons and armor breaking

Chill, men. 100% sure that the demo is intentionally tuned to be a bit harder. They're using this demo for information gathering, after all. The game is probably mostly ready by now and all that's left is balance tuning, which we are helping them with.

As for weapons and armor, I think that's another part of balance. I'm sure that they will add NPC vendors who will repair stuff, but now they might be looking at the durability rates without repair vendors to figure out what's a good sweet spot so that it doesn't deplete at a rate where it might not exist or at a rate where it's impossible to get attached to any weapon.

Keep on playing as it will help the game become better.
>>
>>335690247
You dumb fucking shit. All the souls stuff you refer to is essentially a SKELETON.

>Core Design Structure: The Skeleton

So we have Bonfires, Bloodstains, Respawning enemies, shortcuts and all this other 'souls shit' that make up the games structure. Fine.

>Aesthetics/Visual Style: The Flesh

Then we reskin to medieval. Alter the most topical layer of the game--it's flesh--into something more souls-like. Cool

Then what do we have left?

>Gameplay/Input/User Feedback: The Meat

The actual gameplay. The shit that really fucking matters is 100% Team Ninja. It feels great. It's fun and rewarding. Attacks have beautiful, fluid animations and weapons have actual move lists. This is what really matters and it's owes nothing to From Software or Dark Souls.
>>
>>335691041
>the mobs are all easy trash to deal with, so they pile them together
I think the game would be way better if they just removed most of the enemies but buffed others so you had a decent swordfight with every one instead of having to check each nook and cranny to not get mobbed. And remove human enemies at all replacing them with yokai or at least make them antagonistic, feels really lame when a looter and oni somehow decide they're best pals forever and must cut you down first..
>>
File: spongebob.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
>>335686242

>GandalfTheGrief

Almost want to make a leddit account just to call him out on his enormous faggotry.
>>
>>335689528
>isolate them one at a time
This is kind of the problem with Nioh though. It groups tons of enemies together to try to prevent you to pick them off one at a time. Then they all stupidly run at you wildly (with a horrid run animation to boot lel) and follow you endlessly. Then there's the fact that most weapons get ridiculous hyper armor from the very start to finish of their animation, making it hard to do chip damage without risking half your health.

My problem with the game isn't the difficulty. My problem is that it relies on "mob difficulty" instead of difficult enemies.
>>
>>335691065>>335690964

this is at low stats. mine kill a cyclops in 2 shurikens.
>>
File: tumblr_ltvipd6Z3R1r058cd.gif (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltvipd6Z3R1r058cd.gif
21 KB, 320x240
What did you write in your survey?
I asked for a better enemy tracking, more folklore and sexy geishas.
>>
File: punished.jpg (174 KB, 569x800) Image search: [Google]
punished.jpg
174 KB, 569x800
>mfw if Nioh turns out to be shit it will probably have the same effect that BvS being shit had on /tv/
Can't wait.
I am hyped for the game
>>
>Literally hundreds of threads circlejerkung and arguing about which Souls game are "harder" which Souls bosses are harder
>We're so hardcore guyz, le git gudd if you can't beat crystal lizard first try you're casul

A decently challenging game came out and everyone is crying about how they're too stupid to understand ki pulse, ki blast, kiting enemies with pebbles, and the lack of iframe roll spam while screaming buzzword like artificial difficulty. I like souls games a lot but the fanbase is fucking cancer personified
>>
Mid Stance Katana is the best stance
>>
>>335691636
It's not worth it. I've replied to him and so did some other dude. We both got downvoted instantly to oblivion. Anyone who tries saying the game isn't that hard gets downvoted there.
>>
>>335682735
I just beat the boat boss. How hard is the second level in comparison?
>>
>>335691882
Back to /tv/ hipster
>>
>>335692053
The second one is quite a bit easier just on the basis you're presumably much more comfortable with the mechanics and movesets at that stage.
>>
>>335692053
first mission is balanced for lvl 5, second mission is balanced for lvl 25.

It's also much shorter too.
>>
>>335688979
there are shitloads of easy games for you to play, fuck off
>>
>>335691994
>which Souls game are "harder"
wait retards still argue about what easy game is harder?
>>
File: Ingridfullport.jpg (25 KB, 241x340) Image search: [Google]
Ingridfullport.jpg
25 KB, 241x340
>>335686242
>scores for all posts bitching about the game are either hidden or negative
Talk about false flagging.
>>
File: t-thanks.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
t-thanks.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>beat first two enemies just fine
>hey this game isn't that hard
>>
>>335692215
They aren't. The number in the brackets shows how many times you downvoted that person before. Most people who are saying the game is too hard got the most upvotes, anyone who disagrees gets downvoted.
>>
>>335692028
if I where a developer i'd rather read the downvoted comments than the upvoted asssucking ones.
>>
>>335692302
>got nailed to the face by a 20 lbs axe without any sort of armor
>expecting to live
>>
>fighting a group of enemies

is there a way to do this that isn't tedious? it looks goofy as fuck when i'm just running in circles and taking one swing at enemies when they miss because if i get hit once i'm essentially dead as i get staggered for 3 seconds
>>
>>335691796

Fucking bigger font size goddamn
>>
what's the take on that fire is almost an insta kill but mobs aren't affected by it?

I think it's the only unfair thing I actually encountered.
>>
>>335691796

>better enemy tracking
>in a game where you can die in 3-4 hits

I told them that MMO equipment drops don't do anything but slow the game down, and that whetstones are pretty worthless(at least in the demo) considering just how strong the weapons get in such a short amount of time.

I had a few more criticisms that I forgot to put in, but that was the biggest thing that came to mind. It also had a pretty shitty tutorial, but it's easier to pick up than what the clutter might suggest.
>>
>>335692302
>high stance
>fighting multiple enemies
>>335692525
not really, you try to draw them out (or maybe even headshot some cunt if you have arrows) or abuse height by dropping down and attacking retards jumping after you (hello copro demon)
>>
File: ChDp3qXUgAAvwd6.jpg (103 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ChDp3qXUgAAvwd6.jpg
103 KB, 1024x576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Na6Tf03ECk

Anyone got a better weapon?
>>
>>335691796
Buyable repair items from the shrine or a blacksmith (Though someone pointed out that apparently a blacksmith is actually mentioned in one of the loading screen hints, so scratch this one)
Changable hairstyles and facial hair
For an option to toggle off the minimap
For the D-Pad menu to be made a bit bigger
>>
>>335692665

damn that sucks. it's probably my biggest complaint about the combat system

it's fine in 1 on 1 situations, but sometimes it's unavoidable fighting multiple enemies at a time, even if you try to pull them with shurikens and arrows, and it's just so clunky and shitty feeling.
>>
>Axe Tactic: Heaven I
>Increases Ki consumption from a high stance axe attack by 10%
Surely this is a mistake, right? Why the fuck would I want that.
>>
>>335692707
was the minimap actually useful for something? It didn't seem to provide ANY information at all.
>>
>>335692954
I think it means ki consumption on the enemy's part if they block it.
>>
>>335692994
Someone said something about it sensing enemies, but I'd be lying if I said it was ever useful for me. It could probably be scrapped entirely and no one would miss it much.
>>
I got it downloaded, i need a break from Nameless King anyways
>>
>>335692654
>luring enemies to the fire

I know how you killed the boar in dark souls 1 faggot.
>>
>>335686242
>at least bloodborne gives you basics and pebbles
It literally doesn't. You have to die or know your way to the lamp before you get anything but your fucking fists in BB, while Nioh gives you a perfectly serviceable sword for the first few enemies, and stones drop all the time.
What the fuck is wrong with this person? I fucking love BB and I don't think this is much of a plus or minus but this fucker is just making shit up.
>>
>>335691559
That's a legit complaint though, it's kind of shitty they didn't add at least one or 2 NPC's to repair gear

I LOVE the demo though
>>
>>335682735
>play for 30 minutes
>pissed the fuck off
>play for five hours
>I don't need it
>I don't need it
>I don't need it
>i don't need it

IIIIII NEEEEEEED IIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!!
>>
File: 20qgqa8.jpg (62 KB, 316x465) Image search: [Google]
20qgqa8.jpg
62 KB, 316x465
Is there pvp?

I saw you could summon people but it didn't work for me.
>>
>>335693239
Soulsbabby who think that they're super hardcore gamurr got their ego hurt and chimping out like LTG on fighting game
>>
>>335693368
lol are you me
>>
>>335693480
GET THAT ASS BANNED
>>
>>335693435
No PVP, only against AI with you summon from bloodstains.

There is co-op though
>>
Are revenants actual people or NPCs too? Those cunts feel kinda unfair, definitely worse than your average enemy
>>
>>335693435
summon on the second mission, there I got summons in less than 2-3 minutes all the time.
>>
>>335693531
The ones with red names are NPCs, i think.
>>
>>335693531
Revenants are an AI-controlled avatar of that player that wears their equipment and mimics their fighting style.
>>
>>335693525
Ahh well... I guess it would be kinda weird with Williams invading Williams.
>>
>>335693531
I fight them if I need armor quick. I also make sure I'm close to a shrine when I do. Game's hard enough already without fighting the equivalent of NPC invaders.
>>
>>335693531

They're all computer controlled, but I believe the proper names (name, the verb) are in-game. Someone said that red names or yellow auras also suggested that, but I think that's related to something else.
>>
>>335693715
Yellow auras on a bloodstain are developer revenants.
>>
>>335692742
you can headshot enemies with bows for instant kills you dirty scrub.
>>
Just had an enemy archer shooting me through walls. Fucking artificial difficulty.
>>
>>335693531
I summoned one as soon as I started the demo.

Was a huge mistake.
>>
What is the proper timing for parry skills? Same as rising, just before it hits?
>>
What does familiarity do and how do i max it?
>>
>>335694023
slightly before it hits, but not at the last second either.
>>
overhead spear is OP
>>
>>335694040
It's not implemented in the alpha.
>>
Downloading the demo now. Is this game trying to be realistic with one hit kills and such?
>>
>>335693896
>hit boxes not on all geometry in alpha build
>"REEEEEEEEEEE"

Don't cower behind walls, you pathetic scrub. SIDESTEP. DODGE. BLOCK. YOU HAVE MULTIPLE OPTIONS.
>>
>>335682735
big dissapointment
I didn't like it
clunky,slow,annoying loot and unnoriginal
>>
>>335694160
Once you have armor it'll take 3-4 hits for you to die, but at the beginning you'll will get 1 shotted by guys with axes and stun locked to hell if you get hit.
>>
>>335694160
Nah, they are just giving away some DLC item if you beat the first boss, so they are making the enemies do absurd amounts of damage.
>>
>>335694160
only if you are naked and facing a huge axe or demon. otherwise 2-13 hits to die with full armour.
>>
>DSfags circlejerk about how hard their game is and that everyone else is a scrub
>They all get fucking rekt by Nioh and start screaming about artificial difficulty

Top kek m8s
>>
>>335694304
We can tell you didn't play it. Nice try, though.
>>
>>335694331
>tripfag
>retarded opinion copypasted straight from a reddit screencap
it all checks out I guess.
(you)
>>
>>335689224
Best post in this thread

I really fucking hope they don't lower the difficulty
>>
>>335693665
There may be PVP in the actual game, though for the demo it's a no go.
>Williams invading Williams.
There may be another character, as the character art on the mission select looks like it could be a character select
>>
>>335686953
why not use batman soft lock, lockon and camera then? those games are casual but are practically perfect technology wise for 3d melee action game.
>>
What do the item colors actually mean? Or are they just a vague indication of how many special properties an item could have?
>>
>>335694514
Im hoping for a qt miko character
>>
>>335694591
Item colour is rarity, basically.
>>
>>335694591
white items have X slots for properties. yellow have +1 blue +2 and purple +3. Are you somewhat of a literal downie or do you look at a red light and try to figure out what yellow and green mean as well when everyone else already crossed the road?
>>
>>335694591
It's pretty much the whole uncommon/rare/epic stuff.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
I'm not one of the babbys who complain about the gameplay or combat, but the only thing that I mind about the game is the lore excuse for having Souls mechanics like bonfire, bloodstain, and invasion/co-op on it. In Souls / Bloodborne at least it is handwaved within the lore. What's the excuse for William to be immortal, and keep trying and trying again? What's the excuse for seemingly mortal enemies to respawn after a shrine visit, but the onis don't? What's the excuse for co op/invasion? If there's no good excuse, then the game probably better off without it (albeit it's probably way too late now). Imagine if it's DMC5 or Ninja Gaiden 4 and Dante/Ryu can summon a phantom of themselves from the other universe. Having a Souls skin just for the sake of it does the game a complete disservice
>>
>>335694443
unfortunatelly i did
i had high hopes for this but i didn't like it
you die very quickly and it feels rushed and unfair
I know its an alfa but still
>>
>>335694524
That's a good question only Team Ninja can answer..
>>
>>335694859
With the Eastern setting, you could tie in some cool pseudo-Buddhist and Shinto reincarnation aspects.

Which would be better than "lol, you're actually a magic zombie"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.